Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Somebody call a doctor...I'm dying laughing! (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Somebody call a doctor...I'm dying laughing! by Toddster
Started on: 06-25-2004 10:59 AM
Replies: 396 (4750 views)
Last post by: vwaltdog on 07-24-2004 11:18 AM
edhering

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

YES IT IS a problem.. nobody wants to HIRE me full time AKA "OUTSOURCED". Thats why I am a Computer CONSULTANT and not a Computer TECHNICIAN or FULL TIME employee making 45k a year with benefits.

Soooo...
Do you want to continue to question my credibility regarding what I KNOW about being an UNEMPLYED computer TECHNICIAN Or just spout off more meaning less barf from that piehole whilst resting up on high?

Dude, I hate to tell you this, but the computer field is all entry-level now. It's been dead since the Dot-Com bust. You're not going to make $45k per year as a computer technician because there are folks out there with MCSE and more who can't find work. I'm a frickin' electrical engineer and I can't find a job even doing technical writing right now, much less anything to do with computers.

Why? Because I don't program. There are all sorts of jobs out there for folks who can code. They need 5 years' experience in Oracle or Java or SQL or all of the above...but there is nothing for "mere" technicians. But I never was much of a programmer, and at age 37 I probably never will be. And anyway I learned a long time ago that I don't like writing programs, anyway.

If I were you I'd start looking for some "displaced worker" funding and get some training in another field. The days of computer techs being able to command even $30k per year are over. Me, I'm going to be an MRI tech...that pays about $45k per year with benefits....

Ed

IP: Logged
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2004 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by edhering:

Dude, I hate to tell you this, but the computer field is all entry-level now. It's been dead since the Dot-Com bust. You're not going to make $45k per year as a computer technician because there are folks out there with MCSE and more who can't find work. I'm a frickin' electrical engineer and I can't find a job even doing technical writing right now, much less anything to do with computers.

Why? Because I don't program. There are all sorts of jobs out there for folks who can code. They need 5 years' experience in Oracle or Java or SQL or all of the above...but there is nothing for "mere" technicians. But I never was much of a programmer, and at age 37 I probably never will be. And anyway I learned a long time ago that I don't like writing programs, anyway.

If I were you I'd start looking for some "displaced worker" funding and get some training in another field. The days of computer techs being able to command even $30k per year are over. Me, I'm going to be an MRI tech...that pays about $45k per year with benefits....

Ed

Even programmers are making less than 1/2 what they were 3 years ago. A programmer with 5 years could command 65k or more.

I tried the displaced worker program.. no luck because of GSL late payments. They required it to be paid off before any more money was loand to me.

There are SOME perminent IT jobs in the area but they are harder to get into than a bank vault after hours. I have the skills to do the job but there again I'm asking to much?? All I want it at the very least 10 per hr.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 07-12-2004).]

BigBoyToys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigBoyToysSend a Private Message to BigBoyToysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Poor Bill........Fall off your MEDs?????

[This message has been edited by BigBoyToys (edited 07-12-2004).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2004 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BigBoyToys:

Poor Bill........Fall off your MEDs?????

As if I have not had enough of your brand of medicine?

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2004 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YES IT IS a problem.. nobody wants to HIRE me full time AKA "OUTSOURCED". Thats why I am a Computer CONSULTANT and not a Computer TECHNICIAN or FULL TIME employee making 45k a year with benefits.

Soooo...
Do you want to continue to question my credibility regarding what I KNOW about being an UNEMPLYED computer TECHNICIAN Or just spout off more meaning less barf from that piehole whilst resting up on high?

I require further clarification here. Perhaps a better definition of terms.

You cannot find work as a Computer Technician, correct? Here's where I made need correction: Does a Computer Technician not service peoples computers? Is that not a hands on job? How is a Technicains job outsourced? Are they flying people over for a few days from India to fix a computer and go home? Are they Fed Ex'ing thier not working computers to India?

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2004 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:
I require further clarification here. Perhaps a better definition of terms.
You cannot find work as a Computer Technician, correct? Here's where I made need correction: Does a Computer Technician not service peoples computers? Is that not a hands on job? How is a Technicains job outsourced? Are they flying people over for a few days from India to fix a computer and go home? Are they Fed Ex'ing thier not working computers to India?

not that i want to put words in 84bill's mouth, but...
much of Computer Tech Support happens over the phone. have you never called the Tech Support # and gotten some guy who is obviously still learning english?
actually, some corporations DO ship computers to pakistan and india for service. I know this from personal experience. considering how many islamic fundamentalists there are over there, i fret about the data on some of those machines.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2004 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bill, for someone who keeps screaming to "Cry you a Fricking River", you seem to be the only crying....and the only one who doesn't notice, that you are the only one crying...

Technology has passed you by. So what else is new? If you don't maintain cutting edge education and skills then you will be relegated to the scrap heap of history. I'm 40 fricking years old and I am back in school. WHY? Because I do not intend to get left behind. Your VALUE as a human resource is determined by what you bring to the party. No one needs the skills you currently have anymore so why should they pay you for them? Make yourself NEEDED! Do that and you will find people THROWING money at you with both hands. That concept hasn't changed since the dawn of time. Why are you having such a tough time grasping it? Do we OWE you something?

As for siting yourself as a "source" for the trade gap with India....well, you'll forgive me if I stick to my original conclusions based on emperical data from the WTO, EPI, and State Department.

And I was refering to expatriate outsourcing, you know, from one country to another... As in, sending jobs offshore?!

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-13-2004 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Bill, for someone who keeps screaming to "Cry you a Fricking River", you seem to be the only crying....and the only one who doesn't notice, that you are the only one crying...

Technology has passed you by. So what else is new? If you don't maintain cutting edge education and skills then you will be relegated to the scrap heap of history. I'm 40 fricking years old and I am back in school. WHY? Because I do not intend to get left behind. Your VALUE as a human resource is determined by what you bring to the party. No one needs the skills you currently have anymore so why should they pay you for them? Make yourself NEEDED! Do that and you will find people THROWING money at you with both hands. That concept hasn't changed since the dawn of time. Why are you having such a tough time grasping it? Do we OWE you something?

As for siting yourself as a "source" for the trade gap with India....well, you'll forgive me if I stick to my original conclusions based on emperical data from the WTO, EPI, and State Department.

And I was refering to expatriate outsourcing, you know, from one country to another... As in, sending jobs offshore?!

Wow.. you constantly discredit me..

Ok
And I will stick to mine
You are nothing but an arrogant selfish twit screaming garbage out of your piehole from the top of your ivory tower.

I can also surmize that I'm Back was correct in calling you a toad because you refuse to climb down off that ivory toadstool..

I feel the need to get away from that mindless tongue of yours before you snatch me out of the air..

Ta ta Toddster.

Sig check
---------------
Beware of toads they live in the goldsfish pond!!

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 07-13-2004).]

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2004 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow.. you constantly discredit me..

Ok
And I will stick to mine
You are nothing but an arrogant selfish twit screaming garbage out of your piehole from the top of your ivory tower.

I can also surmize that I'm Back was correct in calling you a toad because you refuse to climb down off that ivory toadstool..

I feel the need to get away from that mindless tongue of yours before you snatch me out of the air..

Ta ta Toddster.

Sig check
---------------

Why is it that whenever I present independent evidence from sources I have no influence over, and ask for independent evidence in support of some other claim, I get lambasted with name calling?

Oh well, back to the "ivory tower" where I work 10 hours a day for the honor of paying to keep my fellow countrymen alive.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-13-2004 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why is it that whenever I present independent evidence from sources I have no influence over, and ask for independent evidence in support of some other claim, I get lambasted with name calling?

Oh well, back to the "ivory tower" where I work 10 hours a day for the honor of paying to keep my fellow countrymen alive.

Humm yes, my fault..

I should say it more like this.

With all due respect Sir.

Ta ta Toddster.

Sig check
---------------

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2004 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, at least you said it with all due respect.

PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2004 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MrBill sez:

With the exception of the ivory tower comment, I can invision him shouting that at the mirror.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-13-2004 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

With the exception of the ivory tower comment, I can invision him shouting that at the mirror.

With all due respect, Sir.
You should know because you do it enough yet try blame me for it.

I refuse to accept responsibility for these feelings you harbor toward me.
Unless of course, I am your leader and you too are like that mindless blubbering idiot sitting up on his higher and mightier than thou toadstool looking down upon all the suffering masses without any feeling of compassion, desire to help or wish change it.

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2004 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

With all due respect, Sir.
You should know because you do it enough yet try blame me for it.

I refuse to accept responsibility for these feelings you harbor toward me.
Unless of course, I am your leader and you too are like that mindless blubbering idiot sitting up on his higher and mightier than thou toadstool looking down upon all the suffering masses without any feeling of compassion, desire to help or wish change it.

Another question, why is it that those who study and evaluate a problem are "high and mighty" and those who do no research at all are the enlightened ones that we simply don't understand?

I rarely get hit with the, "You just think that you're so smart because...you know, you're so smart". arguement

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2004 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Even programmers are making less than 1/2 what they were 3 years ago. A programmer with 5 years could command 65k or more.

I tried the displaced worker program.. no luck because of GSL late payments. They required it to be paid off before any more money was loand to me.

There are SOME perminent IT jobs in the area but they are harder to get into than a bank vault after hours. I have the skills to do the job but there again I'm asking to much?? All I want it at the very least 10 per hr.

This is a rough way to go, but if you don't mind wiping bungholes for a living you can go to any large hospital and apply for their training program. They pay for all of your schooling while you work, wiping butts for $10 hr or so, and when you graduate you owe them 1 or 2 years of paid work as an RN. It sucks to go this route becuase you could make more going pool or registry, but it's a way for free training.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-13-2004 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, at least you said it with all due respect.

Yes I did. Just because you sit up in an Ivory tower spouting out garbage does not mean that I do not respect your position. That would be foolish given my position so far under you. However I demand respect as well and so not appriciate your slanderous comments regarding my unfortunate position.

I would like nothing more than to have an ivory tower such as yours. However, you fail to realize that I do indeed have an Ivory tower of my own that I have taken an equal amount of time (as you did) to build and demand equal respect for my accomplishments.

Unless of course you care to continue challanging my credibility. If that be the case then I can assure you that you will loss some credibility while I gain it. So you have several choices in how you would like to go about making the claims you have made regarding my position.

1. Be a an arrogant bafoon spouting off garbage from your ivory tower.
2. Be silent and more respectfull of me in the future.
3. Give me my credit where my credit is due.

Either way I will get my respect from you.
Do have a good day Sir.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-13-2004 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by I'm Back:

This is a rough way to go, but if you don't mind wiping bungholes for a living you can go to any large hospital and apply for their training program. They pay for all of your schooling while you work, wiping butts for $10 hr or so, and when you graduate you owe them 1 or 2 years of paid work as an RN. It sucks to go this route becuase you could make more going pool or registry, but it's a way for free training.

Yeah and do you know what thats called??
It's a term that is UnConstitutional by the standards of the Constitution of the United States of America that our inept "representitives" such as Bush and Co. refuse to address.
It's called Indentured Slavery.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-13-2004 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Another question, why is it that those who study and evaluate a problem are "high and mighty" and those who do no research at all are the enlightened ones that we simply don't understand?

I rarely get hit with the, "You just think that you're so smart because...you know, you're so smart". arguement

Enlightenment is something that only the enlightend understand, all others are not enlightend and are either jealous, envious or slanderous or any combination there of. There is a broader group of unenlightend that will merely follow in agreement because the seek the truth but are not fully aware... but it sounds good or will suffer in silence not know how to make sense of it all nor make any effort to.

Thing is Todd, I don't just "think I am smart" I know I am smart. Problem is most of the time I am in conflict with others who think they are smarter than me, which only proves the point that I am indeed smarter than they are.

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2004 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Enlightenment is something that only the enlightend understand, all others are not enlightend and are either jealous, envious or slanderous or any combination there of. There is a broader group of unenlightend that will merely follow in agreement because the seek the truth but are not fully aware... but it sounds good or will suffer in silence not know how to make sense of it all nor make any effort to.

Thing is Todd, I don't just "think I am smart" I know I am smart. Problem is most of the time I am in conflict with others who think they are smarter than me, which only proves the point that I am indeed smarter than they are.

Fine, whatever. I'll just go back to my ivory tower and brood over how jealous and envious of you I am for not having the knowledge of the ages implanted into my head by mystic forces like you and Barbara Streisand. Guess I'll just have to keep studying and working hard to earn my props.

But just for the sake of us less fortunate masses could you grant us the honor of revealing the secret of your wisdom in the case of the Trade Deficit with India that surpasses the lowly unenlightened minds of the WTO, EPI, and State Department? I think they have a right to know that they are disillusioned with all of their worthless statisitics and facts and things.

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2004 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah and do you know what thats called??
It's a term that is UnConstitutional by the standards of the Constitution of the United States of America that our inept "representitives" such as Bush and Co. refuse to address.
It's called Indentured Slavery.

No its not. And the term is "Indentrued Servitude." There's nothing UnConstituntional about it. You work for them and not only do they pay you so you can support yourself, but they pay for all your training and schooling. In return for that, you continue to work for them for a given amount of time to repay them for putting you through school and training.

They're not giving away free training. Why would they spend all that money on you and give you the option to go work for thier competitor? Thats just plain stupid. And no one is forcing you into Servitude or Slavery, its your choice to sign the dotted line. If it was Unconstitutional, it wouldn't exist. You want further proof that its NOT Unconstitutional? How bout ROTC? The military does the same thing: They put you through school, and in return you serve for X number of years to pay off your debt to them.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-13-2004 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fine, whatever. I'll just go back to my ivory tower and brood over how jealous and envious of you I am for not having the knowledge of the ages implanted into my head by mystic forces like you and Barbara Streisand. Guess I'll just have to keep studying and working hard to earn my props.

But just for the sake of us less fortunate masses could you grant us the honor of revealing the secret of your wisdom in the case of the Trade Deficit with India that surpasses the lowly unenlightened minds of the WTO, EPI, and State Department? I think they have a right to know that they are disillusioned with all of their worthless statisitics and facts and things.

I will not..
Do you know why?

I'll tell you why and lets see if you understand what I'm saying as I shout to you up on high looking down upon me

I'm not a politician, I am a citizen and I am not getting paid to be a politician. However, it is my job to make sure they understand my position (in my case and believe it or not yours too) that they suck ass in a most predictable way and try to refute my argument that I am a disadvantaged citizen by masking my cries of foul play behind a carefully designed and well placed (smoke and mirrors) display of meaningless numbers.

So please Mr. Toadster Sir (who continues to reside up high and mighity on his ever present toadstool spouting off more garbage at me), I could care less how you choose to discredit me. All you are serving to do is look like a total puppet and mindless bafoon. So instead of nodding your head in agreement to a buch of overpriced, over paid, creative dipshit politicians, who do not have any more common sense than a man flying kite in a lightning storm, You continue to call me an raving idiot and unwittingly keep dragging me kicking and screaming onto "the carpet" and attest to your stupidity.

Instead of ineptly & blindly agreeing with a politician you should try agreeing with me and putting this whole idiotic garbage out to pasture so we can both be at peace with ourselves and the world.

Vote for Bush Todd, I really don't care.

I'm both an Independent thinker and an Independent voter for the good OF all of us and not just for myself.

Again.. Good day to you Sir.

PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2004 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've heard of putting one's foot in one's mouth. But until now I have never seen anyone do so, then proceed to shove it down their throat, out their rectum, and use it to kick themselves in the groin.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-13-2004 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've heard of putting one's foot in one's mouth. But until now I have never seen anyone do so, then proceed to shove it down their throat, out their rectum, and use it to kick themselves in the groin.

LMFAO!!!
Just checking to see if you were awake Todd. You passed.

BAGLMAO!!
You are a trip man!

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-13-2004 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

No its not. And the term is "Indentrued Servitude." There's nothing UnConstituntional about it. You work for them and not only do they pay you so you can support yourself, but they pay for all your training and schooling. In return for that, you continue to work for them for a given amount of time to repay them for putting you through school and training.

They're not giving away free training. Why would they spend all that money on you and give you the option to go work for thier competitor? Thats just plain stupid. And no one is forcing you into Servitude or Slavery, its your choice to sign the dotted line. If it was Unconstitutional, it wouldn't exist. You want further proof that its NOT Unconstitutional? How bout ROTC? The military does the same thing: They put you through school, and in return you serve for X number of years to pay off your debt to them.

Well I would agree with you there but ROTC and the military are the true form of indentured servitude however, indentured slavery is an offshoot in the civilian sector where there is far more competition.
Companies who wish to "limit" this competition have devised what I call "Indentured Slavery" because it is not an elective type of job or education once you sign on the dotted line.

The idea is to get people to "sign" away their rights and serve a company rather than themselves as in the case of the military style called servitude.
You see education is free or rather it is paid for with our own tax dollars up to grade 12. However, in todays highly technical world a diploma from high school mearly means you can say "yes" and "no" and in some cases even have the ability to spell it. So public schooling is a joke and needs some general attention because companies will swoop down on unsuspecting highschool grads and get them to ineptly sign away 5 years of their life to a job they don't even know if they want and a payscale that is controlled by their oh so generous company in return for an education that SHOULD be provided for by our tax dollars anyway.

The way it should work is IF you managed to get through highschool and learn a thing or two, a citizen should then be provided with an "elective" in a higher more targeted format as opposed to the general studies a monkey could pass. An elective is a democratic way of ensuring a citizen does not loose their rights to choose their career or compromize their pay.

What I mean by compromize their pay.
If you had two students who sign up for this indentured form of slavery. Student 1 decided he did not like it after he got half way through BUT could not afford to bail out and choose another career because he has not fulfilled the terms of his agreement, so he passes with low grades and a pisspoor attitude about his schooling. He will never function very well when he completes his course of study, He will then pass on that pisspoor attitude while working at his job. He will be making an equal amount in salary as studen 2 who studied very hard and passed with a 4.0 gpa and has a very good work ethic YET can not leave his emplyer for two reasons. 1. He must keep his low salary for 3 years and 2 his field is FULL of Student 1's and even if he did move elsewhere he still has the same pisspoor attitude having Student 1's to deal with.

The way it is currently working it is advantagious for the employer to make a bunch of pisspoor atitude having student 1's and flood the market and at the same time keep their meathooks into a few brillient Student 2's who will be their real money makers.

In a public funded democratic school system both students can pick their careers and if Student 1 decides he does not like being a franalator specialist he can move to Thinamabob inspector school with no penalty thus BOTH student 1 and student 2 are working for careers they want. The quality of service given to the employer will be much better for their customers

BUT the you see that creates a problem because the greedy company will have to pay a competitive salary... Ahhhhh... The old I don't want to be a millionair but a skillionair CEO who saves alot on salaries and comes in under budget making himself a fat bonus and making the stock look nice and juicy trick....

Instead we have this vailed form of slavery masked behind alot of smoke and mirrors that our oh so wize Sooth Sayers feel is a great thing and sell it to the cowering feableminded masses who eat it up and find themselves shackled to the wall and SCREWED with no means of esacpe!

Hense un-Constitutional slavery.

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Slavery is not a choice, Bill. No one who ever owned a slave asked them if they wanted to live like trash and be someone's ***** for, oh I dunno, the rest of thier life. When someone signs themselves to a companies contract, they don't give up any rights as a citizen or as a human, so by the very definition of slave, they do not qualify.

Furthermore, if you're not bright enough to read all the fine print BEFORE you sign the line, then you've got whats coming to you. Sadly, it should be common sense these days. Theres no such thing as a free lunch, and if it seems too good to be true, it usually is. If you don't at least take a good hard look at at least the main points of the contract you're signing, you're a fool and shouldn't be signing ANY contracts without someone with half a brain there to read it to you and get it through your head.

Finally, while your idea is all well and good, it'll never happen. Our world is driven by the aquisition of wealth. Not the entire world, but most of it. Now, a real post-K12 education can cost close to or more than $100,000 depending on the field. If you own a company and you agree to put a kid through college, to learn skills that would be valuable to your company, would you mind if, just before he graduated, he gave you the finger and went to work for your competitor? You cannot realistically expect any company to pay for a students upper education without expecting anything in return. Its more than bad business, its just plain stupid. The companies are covering thier asses, thier assets, and thier interests. Its not like gambling on a bid for one contract. People are far less predictable than any business deal and theres a lot more people than deals.

What you're proposing is all flowery and happy and utopian, and it will never, ever happen in the world we live in. Deal with it.

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fastback 86

7849 posts
Member since Sep 2003
I also want to add that your idea of a democratic, publicly funded K-College school system is as likely as the sun not rising tomarrow. The US already has close to, if not THE worst public education system of any comparable 1st World nation. Schools budgets are laughable right now, so the idea of Federally or State supplied upper education with no strings attached is out landish to say the least.
edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Schools budgets are laughable right now, so the idea of Federally or State supplied upper education with no strings attached is out landish to say the least.

Uh...the Education Bill that none of the Democrats seem to like was the largest expansion of Federal education funding EVER; it was practically written by Teddy Kennedy.

NYC spends $50,000 per student per year.

We're dumping awesome sums of money into our education system. The problem is, it's totally broken--regardless of whether or not the kids learn anything, the teachers still get paid. The administrators still get paid a LOT. I think the school superintendant in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, gets paid half a million bucks per year. (Maybe it was only $400,000.)

There's no penalty for poor performance.

And

http://www.jerrypournelle.com/mail/mail318.html#cheat

check out the link for some interesting info re: education and teacher competence.

Ed

Tugboat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TugboatSend a Private Message to TugboatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Indentrued"? No, at least Bill spelled it right. Servitude means slavery.

Not disputing the contract part.

GL

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2004 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Slavery is not a choice, Bill. No one who ever owned a slave asked them if they wanted to live like trash and be someone's ***** for, oh I dunno, the rest of thier life. When someone signs themselves to a companies contract, they don't give up any rights as a citizen or as a human, so by the very definition of slave, they do not qualify.

Yes it is, in the modern age of words it is very easy to decieve the inept.

Furthermore, if you're not bright enough to read all the fine print BEFORE you sign the line, then you've got whats coming to you. Sadly, it should be common sense these days. Theres no such thing as a free lunch, and if it seems too good to be true, it usually is. If you don't at least take a good hard look at at least the main points of the contract you're signing, you're a fool and shouldn't be signing ANY contracts without someone with half a brain there to read it to you and get it through your head.

Exactly why our public school systems suck!!
It seems our government would much rather spend trillions of dollars on sandcastles in Iraq than on REAL education in our public schools let alone advanced "targeted" education after highschool has been completed.

Finally, while your idea is all well and good, it'll never happen. Our world is driven by the aquisition of wealth. Not the entire world, but most of it. Now, a real post-K12 education can cost close to or more than $100,000 depending on the field. If you own a company and you agree to put a kid through college, to learn skills that would be valuable to your company, would you mind if, just before he graduated, he gave you the finger and went to work for your competitor? You cannot realistically expect any company to pay for a students upper education without expecting anything in return. Its more than bad business, its just plain stupid. The companies are covering thier asses, thier assets, and thier interests. Its not like gambling on a bid for one contract. People are far less predictable than any business deal and theres a lot more people than deals.

The ideal WILL WORK but the We The People must demand it. The government is VERY adept a wording things to make a bad idea sound good. If you're smart enough you will see that it is all "smoke and mirrors" and the government actually WANTS a bunch of blloming idiots that will follow their crafty Sooth Sayers lies and deceptions OR not have the time because the average citizen is FAR to busy to take note of the situation and write a letter to their local representitive.

What you're proposing is all flowery and happy and utopian, and it will never, ever happen in the world we live in. Deal with it.

Well, I'm a 39 year old hippie with my kids future in mind and trust me when I say they are worth my efforts to make changes to they way this government is mistreating them and will continue to abuse them later on in life when they themselves are adults.

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tugboat:

"Indentrued"? No, at least Bill spelled it right. Servitude means slavery.

Not disputing the contract part.

GL

So are you saying that you are not a slave?

When your stomach grumbles do you eat? Congratulations! You are a slave to your biological needs. Where do you get the food to eat when your stomach master demands your attention? Do you pick it from the field or work for someone who pays you money to buy food with? Either way, you are working to fulfill a need.

Now let me anticipate your reply, "That's different. If you don't work for yourself you will die".

Got kids? When the baby cries do you feed him/her or roll over and go back to sleep? When the wife is upset do you talk to her or shrug your shoulders and say, "eh, deal with it". We have demands placed on us in life that have no pay stub attached.

Slaves do not get paid. People who get paid enter into a "contract". I will work, you will pay me for my work. We are ALL slaves to our values and our own lives, that is just plain reality. Deal with it.

If you are too proud to enter a contract with someone because the work is undignified or demeaning to you then what you are saying is that you are better than those people who ARE willing to enter into such a contract. That is arrogance. So is picking on people's spelling instead of the content of their message.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2004 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I also want to add that your idea of a democratic, publicly funded K-College school system is as likely as the sun not rising tomarrow. The US already has close to, if not THE worst public education system of any comparable 1st World nation. Schools budgets are laughable right now, so the idea of Federally or State supplied upper education with no strings attached is out landish to say the least.

Sir. With all due respect.
I will not even grace the post prior to this one because you obviously lack the cognative abilities to understand what slavery is and you continue to personify the reason it plagues this once great country. According to one inept Sooth Sayer there are 95% who do not understand and there is another Sooth Sayer who undestands that he is one of the fortunate 5% that remains. In addition to that Sir, I would like to ad you are a cowering whimpering blob with no hope and therefore are indeel a hopeless babbling bafoon who refuses to get off his ass and do something about a problem you ineptly allow to continue unchecked.

Good day.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 07-14-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MrBill sez:

Sir. With all due respect.
I will not even grace the post prior to this one because you obviously lack the cognative abilities to understand what slavery is and you continue to personify the reason it plagues this once great country. According to one inept Sooth Sayer there are 95% who do not understand and there is another Sooth Sayer who undestands that he is one of the fortunate 5% that remains. In addition to that Sir, I would like to ad you are a cowering whimpering blob with no hope and therefore are indeel a hopeless babbling bafoon who refuses to get off his ass and do something about a problem you ineptly allow to continue unchecked.

Good day.

Jeezis, Mr.Bill, you've found yet *another* intelligent, articulate person to insult. Absolutely unreal.

Tugboat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TugboatSend a Private Message to TugboatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So are you saying that you are not a slave?

When your stomach grumbles do you eat? Congratulations! You are a slave to your biological needs. Where do you get the food to eat when your stomach master demands your attention? Do you pick it from the field or work for someone who pays you money to buy food with? Either way, you are working to fulfill a need.

Now let me anticipate your reply, "That's different. If you don't work for yourself you will die".

Got kids? When the baby cries do you feed him/her or roll over and go back to sleep? When the wife is upset do you talk to her or shrug your shoulders and say, "eh, deal with it". We have demands placed on us in life that have no pay stub attached.

Slaves do not get paid. People who get paid enter into a "contract". I will work, you will pay me for my work. We are ALL slaves to our values and our own lives, that is just plain reality. Deal with it.

If you are too proud to enter a contract with someone because the work is undignified or demeaning to you then what you are saying is that you are better than those people who ARE willing to enter into such a contract. That is arrogance. So is picking on people's spelling instead of the content of their message.

I only pointed it out because he was trying to correct Bill but got it wrong.

I agreed with the content, (personal insult here).

GL

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2004 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jeezis, Mr.Bill, you've found yet *another* intelligent, articulate person to insult. Absolutely unreal.

Umm ok.. if you say so.

You are a badgering, immature child, And. you're an idiot.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MrBill sez:

Umm ok.. if you say so.

You are a badgering, immature child, And. you're an idiot.

Uh, yeah, right. Ok, Bill. Time to take your pill and eat your bologna sandwich, or you won't get any pudding.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2004 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Uh, yeah, right. Ok, Bill. Time to take your pill and eat your bologna sandwich, or you won't get any pudding.

Grow up.

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tugboat:

I only pointed it out because he was trying to correct Bill but got it wrong.

I agreed with the content, (personal insult here).

GL

No, he didn't. You and Bill did. Read it again slave.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there are a few fairly capable people on this thread and more than a couple i know in person.
I have to tell you guys i am surprised that you even argue with bill.

Bills ideas will never work in reality cause no one wants them to and thats it.It's a fairytail.
The mans brain is somewhat abstract to say the least.While that can be good for a good many things an inteligent arguement isn't one of them.As skrewed up as he is i have questioned if he isn't just pulling your legs this whole time pretending to be off his rocker.In secret that is my guess.
Of course you have the right to bang your head against the wall all day if you want.

I would say good luck but that would be a fairytail too.

Tugboat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TugboatSend a Private Message to TugboatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, he didn't. You and Bill did. Read it again slave.

Look, (insert personal insult), go to Dictionary.com and put in "indentrued". It asks if you meant "indentured".

GL

Edit: Or was it the servitude part: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=servitude

[This message has been edited by Tugboat (edited 07-14-2004).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:
he is i have questioned if he isn't just pulling your legs this whole time pretending to be off his rocker.In secret that is my guess.
Of course you have the right to bang your head against the wall all day if you want.

I would say good luck but that would be a fairytail too.

I don't think he's lucid enough to be that clever. But you still raise a good point. Back to ignore mode.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock