Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Somebody call a doctor...I'm dying laughing! (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Somebody call a doctor...I'm dying laughing! by Toddster
Started on: 06-25-2004 10:59 AM
Replies: 396 (4750 views)
Last post by: vwaltdog on 07-24-2004 11:18 AM
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:
Ed does have a point however.

He made it clear (to me anyway) that this so called "prosperous situation" Todd is in has caused him to lower the price of the car he was selling.

And you think this one example is vindication for your contention that the ecomomy sucks? You're kidding, right?

By the way, Todd has successfully sold several cars recently. So what does that prove?

Now Todd, living in the "ivory tower" can not see the fact that people HAVE NO MONEY to buy his car. Either that or people think fieros are a piece of crap and not worth the asking price.

I could afford it. Now we have a 50/50 sample.

SOOOOOO

The question is who has the more valid point... Well... I for one know I can not afford Todd's car BUT I could have about 2 to 4 years ago.

So you alone are proof that the economy is crap? Because *you* can't afford to buy this car? A polling sample of one, or even two, is not an accurate sample. So he dropped the price of the car. Do you know how many times people relist things on ebay with a lower price? Do you know why? No, not because NOONE has the money to spend. If that were true, ebay wouldn't be making BILLIONS. They do it because they may have asked too much initially for the item. And even though we love Fieros, the truth is that they are not major, sought-after collector cars. Your contention doesn't hold water, Bill.

IP: Logged
88GTNeverfinished

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTNeverfinishedSend a Private Message to 88GTNeverfinishedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

So you alone are proof that the economy is crap? Because *you* can't afford to buy this car? A polling sample of one, or even two, is not an accurate sample. So he dropped the price of the car. Do you know how many times people relist things on ebay with a lower price? Do you know why? No, not because NOONE has the money to spend. If that were true, ebay wouldn't be making BILLIONS. They do it because they may have asked too much initially for the item. And even though we love Fieros, the truth is that they are not major, sought-after collector cars. Your contention doesn't hold water, Bill.

Man you just don't quit. Are you in love?

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88GTNeverfinished:

Man you just don't quit. Are you in love?

I don't quit because I believe in what I believe in. I'm not afraid to take a stand, criticism be damned.

As for Todd, I've known him for several years now. He has earned my respect for several reasons. Financially, he's been up and down, but never stays down. He does whatever he has to, works whatever hours he has to, does whatever jobs he has to in order to keep him and his family afloat. He's educated, well read, and when he posts info, I can trust that he's done his homework.

I have personnaly seen his Fiero repair and restoration work. It is exemplary.

The man deserves my respect, and he has done so by deeds.

You, on the other hand, seem to have nothing to say to me but insults, name calling, and homosexual references. You have earned my disrespect. Not that it matters to you, I just thought the contrast is telling.

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2004 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's an OPINION knuckel futs!!

Things have gotten worse FOR ME in the last few years dumbass.. How about you lipshitz?

If you don't like my OPINION fine.. go fork yourself, I don't care.

Now read the following.. IF your entire brain hasn't gushed out of your ass yet.
I don't care if Todd is a dildo salesman, if people dont have 50 bucks for a dildo then Todd will have to LOWER HIS PRICE to sell his dildos.

And get the freak off my ass my opinion does not REQUIRE the fierobear seal of approval to be valid.. I mean like What the freak? Do you honestly thing I want to be a pathetic piehole just like you?

Express the opinion about THE TOPIC not about the PERSON.

I'm getting very tired of you constant never ending immature attacks when I'm trying to discuss IMPORTANT ISSUES with otther adults!!

Grow the **** up!!!
------------

Ban a Troll.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 07-12-2004).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's an OPINION knuckel futs!!

That response was so off base, so "out in left field" and incoherent, it does not warrant any further comment.

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where the Hell to begin?

I'm Back. 4 more negative in the last 12 hours. Keep up the good work.

And do yourself a favor Ed, stop obsessing over me. I am flattered that you find me so fascinating that you are willing to spend an entire Sunday looking at my auction records and comparing them to previous auctions, etc. but you really need to get that life we've been discussing.

Oh BTW, The GT sold for $6000 and is being shipped to NY at the end of the week. I guess that blows away the "Ivory Tower" theory doesn't it? And I have another offer for $6500 from a local if I kill the first buyer's deal. Won't do it. I have honor. A concept you are not familiar with Ed so I won't bother trying to explain it.

84Bill, Ivy tower? Get a job you hypocrite!!!! I work 7 days a week most of the time and I AM THE MIDDLE CLASS you claim is disappearing. What we really are are the hard working Americans who pay the taxes that you are living on with your monthly welfare check. So spend a little less time on the chat sites and go to work. And don't give me any crap about not being able to find a job. They are all over the place for people willing to actually work.

Of all the fricking nerve, If you are going to stick your hand in my pocket for a fist full of my hard earned money at least give me the courtesy of a reach around.

Neptune...Time to come back to Earth.

Oh and since the start of this thread how many of you have read Clinton's book? Or should I ask how many of you can read?
Got kinda quiet.

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 07-12-2004).]

88GTNeverfinished

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTNeverfinishedSend a Private Message to 88GTNeverfinishedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You, on the other hand, seem to have nothing to say to me but insults, name calling, and homosexual references. You have earned my disrespect. Not that it matters to you, I just thought the contrast is telling.

That's ok. I thought you were a tool the first time I laid eyes on you. You didn't have to earn it. Sometimes you just know.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2004 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That response was so off base, so "out in left field" and incoherent, it does not warrant any further comment.

Well HU FREAKIN RAY!!! He understood me for a freaking change!!

Wholey Chit man!!
You can call me anything you want but don't call me late for dinner..

------------

Ban a Troll.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$50 for a dildo???? A hunk of plastic and a couple of c cells. Hmmmmmmmmm.........

(I've figured it out folks. GTDude is melting down his Fieros and molding dildos for fun and mega bucks. Probably make 10-15 of the suckers out of a rear qtr panel. That's $500+ bucks for a qtr pnl. If a bunch of bright yelllow ones show up in the adult stores--we'll know for sure.)

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2004 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Where the Hell to begin?

I'm Back. 4 more negative in the last 12 hours. Keep up the good work.

And do yourself a favor Ed, stop obsessing over me. I am flattered that you find me so fascinating that you are willing to spend an entire Sunday looking at my auction records and comparing them to previous auctions, etc. but you really need to get that life we've been discussing.

Oh BTW, The GT sold for $6000 and is being shipped to NY at the end of the week. And I have another offer for $6500 from a local if I kill the first buyer's deal. Won't do it. I have honor. A concept you are not familiar with Ed so I won't bother trying to explain it.

84Bill, Ivy tower? Get a job you hypocrite!!!! I work 7 days a week most of the time and I AM THE MIDDLE CLASS you claim is disappearing. What we really are are the hard working Americans who pay the taxes that you are living on with your monthly welfare check. So spend a little less time on the chat sites and go to work. And don't give me any crap about not being able to find a job. They are all over the place for people willing to actually work.

Of all the fricking nerve, If you are going to stick your hand in my pocket for a fist full of my hard earned money at least give me the courtesy of a reach around.

Neptune...Time to come back to Earth.

Oh and since the start of this thread how many of you have read Clinton's book? Or should I ask how many of you can read?
Got kinda quiet.

Oh.. Oh Excuse me??

Stick MY hand in YOUR pocket??

Well guess what there Mr. Megabucks.

1. I have a job as a computer consultant.. not much work for that here.
2. I've PAID my taxes since I was 16 years old and picking up trash from the back of a trash truck..
3. This money you feel oh so entitled to IS MINE too so unless you want to be a greedy pig fine, I'LL TAKE IT ANYWAY just to piss you off.

So yes.. you have PROVEN to me you live in an IVORY TOWER by acting so offended.. Whats the problem Todd? If you didn't live in an IVORY TOWER then why are you pissed off? Got something to hide from the rest of us there Mr. Megabucks?

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's ok. I thought you were a tool the first time I laid eyes on you. You didn't have to earn it. Sometimes you just know.

OK, so that would be the wine country run last year. At events, I don't care about political or philisophical differences, everyone is welcome. Even you. If that makes me a tool...oh, well. It is good to know who my friends are...and aren't.

PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well guess what there Mr. Megabucks.

1. I have a job as a computer consultant.. not much work for that here.

No. No, you don't. Sitting at your computer all day and calling yourself a "consultant" is not working. GO GET A JOB.

2. I've PAID my taxes since I was 16 years old and picking up trash from the back of a trash truck..

Your point being what? That you are now entitled to live off the rest of us since you have paid your "dues"? Nice try.

3. This money you feel oh so entitled to IS MINE too so unless you want to be a greedy pig fine, I TAKE IT ANYWAY just to piss you off.

No it isn't! It is MINE because I earned it and the fact that you feel you have a right to it by virtue of your unwillingness to come down off you high horse and take a job that is "beneath" you is what gauls me. I have never been achamed of ANY job I have had. I have been everything from a Builder to a State Manager and I consider any work to be good work. Having childred to feed puts things in perspective. Something you won't learn until you stop behaving like a child yourself and start being RESPONSIBLE for a few.

So yes.. you have PROVEN to me you live in an IVORY TOWER by actick so offended.. Whats the problem Todd? If you didn't live in an IVORY TOWER then what are you pissed off? Got something to hide from the rest of us there Mr. Megabucks?

Mighty easy to cast dispersions at the people who are paying your bills for you isn't it Bill? Read my last post again. You said i lived in an Ivory Tower because I was out of touch with the amount of money people have since my car didn't sell. Only one problem with your little theory...the car sold dufus!

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 07-12-2004).]

88GTNeverfinished

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTNeverfinishedSend a Private Message to 88GTNeverfinishedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK, so that would be the wine country run last year. At events, I don't care about political or philisophical differences, everyone is welcome. Even you. If that makes me a tool...oh, well. It is good to know who my friends are...and aren't.

No. it would be the truckee event the year before, but who's counting?

"At events, I don't care about political or philisophical differences,"

That's a good plan. Except that as the president of Golden Gate Fieros, it extends beyond the events. You represent the club on here, at least you take it upon yourself to do so. If you constantly regurgitate what your extreme right wing buddy does and continue with the "yea what he said" posts, you're going to alienate a lot of people who would otherwise participate in the club.

I seem to remember you telling me Todd doesn't participate in any club events because of an "incident" a few years back. That's the kind of crap that can kill a club. If you're going to lead it, you can't take obvious sides.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's a good plan. Except that as the president of Golden Gate Fieros, it extends beyond the events. You represent the club on here, at least you take it upon yourself to do so. If you constantly regurgitate what your extreme right wing buddy does and continue with the "yea what he said" posts, you're going to alienate a lot of people who would otherwise participate in the club.

Are you saying a person has no right to voice his opinion for fear of backlash from a club's partisan participation? Are there by-laws in the Golden Gate Fiero club that overshadow the US constitution? Well, for goodness sakes-time to start up a 'Golden State Liberal Fiero Owners Club" then. That's the most petty, yet not-so-subtle threat I've ever heard regarding Fieros. Gettin pretty low isn't it? Cast Him Out! Stone The Non-Believerl!!

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2004 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your point being what? That you are now entitled to live off the rest of us since you have paid your "dues"? Nice try.

????
My point being

OUR government is ALLOWING jobs to be EXPORTED to INDIA by the thousands DAILY and those once high paying jobs are being replaced by low paying non benefit CRAP (ohhh wow!! I'm just thrilled I spent thousands on an IT diploma that I can now use to wipe my ass) AND is giving TRILLIONS of OUR TAX money to a bunch of nomads living in the desert known as IRAQ. IN addition BILLIONS of dollars to BLACKWATER & HALIBURTON to fund this little castle building playground in the sand.

And you want to piss and moan about me (a TAX PAYING AMERICAN CITIZEN) getting 142 dollars a MONTH of "everyones money" including the money I paid since 16?

CRY ME A FREAKIN RIVER TODD!

Your cries of foul play and greedy attitude toward your "fellow Americans" who are suffering this VERY DAY and by the multitudes of screams of my brothers and sisters in arms that have died in all the years the United States of America has existed and what it stands for are muted to a whimper.

I don't care what you think of me. I am a PROUD Amrican.. don't like it?? Well stop on by Toddster and bring guns and lots of ammo because a CIVIL war in this country will follow you right to my door.

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by I'm Back:

"Someone who knows anything about a Fiero, ..."

Ya, and I haven't owned them for 10+ years and rebuilt many Fiero engines. I don't have a N* in my garage with a Holly 900 control unit from CHRFAB. And I'm not an FAA licensed mechanic and inspector.....ya, I know nothing

"...first and foremost that its a spaceframe assembly, ..."

Which is my point, there is no such thing as a, "frame off" restoration.

"...would assume he meant "frame UP" and simply made a typo."

Thanks for speaking for him, he really needs a representative. It's not a typo because there is such a thing as a frame off restoration when referring to an older car that has a true frame, or, for instance, a truck. A typo would be to call it a, 'frame to up,' or an 'up-frame' restoration. But, "frame off" is a valid term used to describe taking the chasis off the frame and restoring both the frame and the chasis. The idea is that you can't fully access the frame with the chasis on it. There's a powder coating place in Phoenix that does a lot of bare chasis'. They do a sweet job - I've had a couple acft parts done there.

"Trying to make a typo into a point you can attack someone at in a coversation that is NOT about proper punctuation and/or grammar is just petty."

No, in case you haven't followed Todd, he stretches things, embellishes, lies, and contorts the facts to make himself look good. The best example of Todd's arguments is that he claims he must be right because he has a higher forum rating. So maybe you don't follow all of that. For example, Todd, in a political argument recently, claimed he voted in the 1980 Reagan election, when I know that I am older than he is and I was barely old enough to vote in that election. I called him on it and he continued to lie and then I found his birthdate that made him over a year too young. He finally conceded, but that's the kind of stuff Todd does. A great example of Todd is found in the EBAY ad where he claims the car has 400 miles. Truth is it's a fixed-up 119k miler.

"Stick to the topic at hand."

Which is what, Clinton's book???? The entire thread has deviated from that, so what's your point?

1. Congrats on being mechanically inclined and licensed. I was talking about ANYONE who knows something about Fieros, not you in particular.

2. We agree. The Fiero is a space frame, theres no such thing as a "frame off" restoration.

3. How the bloody hell do you know its not a typo? Frame up, frame off...kinda close doncha think? Todd is a car guy. He's got 8 cars parked at his house and no, they're not all Fieros. Please explain to me how it is that you know for certain that he did not make a simple mistake and use the wrong phrase when he was typing up the synopsis. Frame up is a vaild term, as is frame off. Messing up one phrase is easy.

4. I know Todd better than you and I disagree with that assesment of his character.

5. I said "The Topic At Hand." I said nothing about Clintons book because that is NOT the topic at hand. The topic at hand, at the time, was economics and the US fiscal situation.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2004 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a great idea Todd..

Lets kick grandma and grandpa off SOCIAL SECURITY, revoke the MEDICADE and MEDICARE, kill off all those programs like "Head Start and close a few federally funded PARK / SCHOOLING programs for kids SO you wont have to piss and moan about giving away all OUR money..

Well fine Toddster, I'll go teach the kids about wildlife from my BACKYARD and do it for FREE!!

---------------------
arbeit macht frei
in eine Arbeit, die sich bezahlt macht
seine Rechte geltend machen

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"I'm Back. 4 more negative in the last 12 hours. Keep up the good work."

First point, that's your measure of quality; votes. We see what happened almost 4 years ago with that, and we have enjoyed the fruits of the chimp's exploits. Sencondly, how do you know they're negative? Oh ya, they're your accounts.

"And do yourself a favor Ed, stop obsessing over me."

Immitation is the greatest form of flattery.....use your own original material.

"I am flattered that you find me so fascinating that you are willing to spend an entire Sunday looking at my auction records and comparing them to previous auctions, etc. but you really need to get that life we've been discussing."

Entire Saturday looking at 4 auctions when I've been EBAYing myself and was on that page already? You like to brag it up when it helps ... Ex: I'm Todd, I have a rare book site - http://www.rarebookonline.com/ ....and then backpedal when it's discovered there hasn't been a book sold through that site for a year, if ever. You can't have it both ways; bring in sources of reinforcement and then retract them when the walls fall in. Ex: I voted the 1980 Presidential Election .... and then: Oh, it was a mathematical error. See, bring it in, it's fair game for impeachment.

As for fascinating, in a way yes. Of course I found Dahmer facinating too, and Gacey, and all kinds of wierdos; we studied them in college. You are a compulsive liar, not that you mean to be one out of spite or hate, I just think it's a disorder in your personality.

"Oh BTW, The GT sold for $6000 and is being shipped to NY at the end of the week. I guess that blows away the "Ivory Tower" theory doesn't it?"

Hardly, Bill's point was that you live in a world of semi-exclusivity. Granted 6k isn't the world, but most people don't have it for expendable income in which they can buy toys. Still, it took qute a while to sell, that is if I'm not interacting with the Dr. Jeckel side of Todd, which is the compulsive liar.

"And I have another offer for $6500 from a local if I kill the first buyer's deal. Won't do it. I have honor."

(Grabs heart and leans head with envy toward Todd's greatness) You are a saint, aren't you?

"A concept you are not familiar with Ed so I won't bother trying to explain it."

What have I done that reasonably defines me as a person without honor? I don't expect a response.

"What we really are are the hard working Americans who pay the taxes that you are living on with your monthly welfare check."

(Plays national anthem as they vote out unemployment extensions and strike down medical reform for Americans) You are the thread in the fiber of America in a Rockwellian sense, Todd the great.

"So spend a little less time on the chat sites and go to work."

As Todd finishes his 12th volume this weekend.

"And don't give me any crap about not being able to find a job. They are all over the place for people willing to actually work."

Ya, just learn to ask if they want fries with that, or move to China with your job.

"I have honor." "...at least give me the courtesy of a reach around."

Hmmmmm, I can't help but to think of Clinton denying his affairs when I read this.

"Oh and since the start of this thread how many of you have read Clinton's book? Or should I ask how many of you can read?
"I have honor."

What's next; 'I am not a crook?' Just remember, 'Morgan Fairchild, your wife, whom you've slept with.'

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm Back

3780 posts
Member since Oct 2002

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

"1. Congrats on being mechanically inclined and licensed. I was talking about ANYONE who knows something about Fieros, not you in particular."

Ok, it seemed to be aimed at me. No prob.

"2. We agree. The Fiero is a space frame, theres no such thing as a "frame off" restoration."

"3. How the bloody hell do you know its not a typo? Frame up, frame off...kinda close doncha think?"

Because it is spelled correctly and it is a valid term. Close, but so is 'jack up' and jack off,' yet they have totally different meanings.

"Todd is a car guy."

Todd is a compulsive liar and a tool.

"He's got 8 cars parked at his house and no, they're not all Fieros."

Do the owners know where their cars are?

"Please explain to me how it is that you know for certain that he did not make a simple mistake and use the wrong phrase when he was typing up the synopsis."

Nothing is really for certain, but Todd tends to over-elaborate and embellish at every turn; sometimes he just out and out lies. There are plennty of examples I've given in the preceeding post or two.

"4. I know Todd better than you and I disagree with that assesment of his character."

That's fair, I'm sure you do know him well, whereas I know him only through here. I have noticed many flaws with his character here, and they're evident even in this thread.

"5. I said "The Topic At Hand." I said nothing about Clintons book because that is NOT the topic at hand. The topic at hand, at the time, was economics and the US fiscal situation."

That's cool, don't direct my posts and I won't direct yours. See, Todd posts such tall tails I could make a living impeaching the gross falacies that comprise them. He just squirms when he gets cornered in a lie though.

Hey Fastback, I had you at a + and I still do, not that it will shake your world either way, I have always gotten along with you and think you're a descent guy. Todd is a different person to me than to you and that's fine. See ya around .

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2004 03:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"3. How the bloody hell do you know its not a typo? Frame up, frame off...kinda close doncha think?"

Because it is spelled correctly and it is a valid term. Close, but so is 'jack up' and jack off,' yet they have totally different meanings.

HA!!!
Ed just planted the right hooker!!

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We're square Ed. No hard feelings or anything.

One last little bit of food for thought, before I leave this thread alone again: Every time I log on to the internet, it becomes more apparent to me that who a person is on the net and who they are in real life are as different as night and day sometimes. Other times, theres no difference.

I try to keep that in mind when I read the forum or anything else online. It keeps me from making judgements about people I don't know.

See ya around.

PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's right, you were at the Truckee show. Funny thing is, I don't remember us having any lengthy conversations. Out of curiosity, on that day, when I was running my ass off trying to make sure 80 people were having a good time, what gave you the impression I was a "tool"?

If my forum name was "golden gate fieros", then yes, it might not be appropriate. But then, I think "maryjane" said it best, I have the right to speak my mind. So far, noone from my club has objected. And since you haven't attended any meetings, your opinion would not be considered as one of a club member. Funny thing is, you seem to think you have the right to throw insults at your whim, but as a club president, I don't have the right to retort. Isn't that convenient?

Todd does not impress me as an extreme right winger. I know him far better than you (spent some time talking to him in person today, as a matter of fact), but I can see why you feel that way. You're so left wing, he must seem to be far right from your viewpoint. Also, I don't regurgitate what he says, I happen to agree with him on many issues. Seems that it's OK for you libs to gang up, but when we do it, we are kissing ass, have our heads up eachother's ass, are asked to report on the contents of eachother's lower gastrointestinal tract, are in love, etc. But I guess it's ok for you and your buddies to jump in together, as long as people agree with you. Interesting double standard.

I seem to remember you telling me Todd doesn't participate in any club events because of an "incident" a few years back. That's the kind of crap that can kill a club. If you're going to lead it, you can't take obvious sides.

There were some problems involving him and a former member. That other person is long gone, and those problems are, what, 3 years behind the club now? Things have long since returned to normal, and he's occasionally attending meetings.

You have a lot to say about the club for someone that hasn't attended a single meeting. And for a liberal, you sure seem willing to put restrictions on my freedoms. Once again, the irony of the word "liberal" shows itself.

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 07-12-2004).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When john represents the club he represents the wishes of the members not himself and i have seen nothing to the contrary.John holds his tongue quite often.One of the things that bugs me the most about these types of stupid arguements is that people say things they wouldn''t say in person.
your a putz! You wouldn't spout this crap in person cause you would get your block knocked off.
your words"you're going to alienate a lot of people who would otherwise participate in the club. "Can't say I'd miss you.

Funny you say todd is extreme right wing you must scare easy.

Context is relative and you have no idea what extreme is.

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OUR government is ALLOWING jobs to be EXPORTED to INDIA by the thousands DAILY and those once high paying jobs are being replaced by low paying non benefit CRAP (ohhh wow!! I'm just thrilled I spent thousands on an IT diploma that I can now use to wipe my ass) AND is giving TRILLIONS of OUR TAX money to a bunch of nomads living in the desert known as IRAQ. IN addition BILLIONS of dollars to BLACKWATER & HALIBURTON to fund this little castle building playground in the sand.

And you want to piss and moan about me (a TAX PAYING AMERICAN CITIZEN) getting 142 dollars a MONTH of "everyones money" including the money I paid since 16?

Your cries of foul play and greedy attitude toward your "fellow Americans" who are suffering this VERY DAY and by the multitudes of screams of my brothers and sisters in arms that have died in all the years the United States of America has existed and what it stands for are muted to a whimper.

I don't care what you think of me. I am a PROUD Amrican.. don't like it?? Well stop on by Toddster and bring guns and lots of ammo because a CIVIL war in this country will follow you right to my door.

is right!

Jobs being exported to INDIA????? Have you lost your mind? Where does this looking-glass crap come from? Read a damn newspaper once in a while will ya. We have a human trade gap with India in the RED. We immigrate thousands of Indians here each year for jobs that are going unfilled due to the fact that our own citizens aren't skilled enough to fill them!!!! The first thing they tell you when you graduate from the University of Bombay, IIT, and Alagappa is how to apply for US Residency!

EXPORTING jobs to India?

HA....

Get your fricking facts straight and we can talk. If you are going to resort to making crap up then this conversation will go no where.
shipping jobs to India......<bangs head against the desk>

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001

2. We agree. The Fiero is a space frame, theres no such thing as a "frame off" restoration.

Actually Scott both terms are fine. but the ORIGINAL expression, which I still use, is "Frame off" restoration because you have to take everythiing "OFF" the frame, restore it, and put it back on. The fact that the car is a space frame versus a rolling box frame is irrelevant. I've restored more cars in the last 6 months than he has in his entire life; Trust me, the term "FRAME OFF" is correct and widely used in the industry. Ed is just showing his ignorance and argumentative nature by trying to grasp at anything he can to be an ass. He hasn't figured-out that I will never take it personally, and that irritates the hell out of him. And as you can see the result is that people read his crap, roll their eyes, and give him a negative rating. He'll be outta here is a matter of days at this rate.

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001

Actually Scott both terms are fine. but the ORIGINAL expression, which I still use, is "Frame off" restoration because you have to take everythiing "OFF" the frame, restore it, and put it back on. The fact that the car is a space frame versus a rolling box frame is irrelevant. I've restored more cars in the last 6 months than he has in his entire life; Trust me, the term "FRAME OFF" is correct and widely used in the industry. Ed is just showing his ignorance and argumentative nature by trying to grasp at anything he can to be an ass. He hasn't figured-out that I will never take it personally, and that irritates the hell out of him. And as you can see the result is that people read his crap, roll their eyes, and give him a negative rating. He'll be outta here is a matter of days at this rate.

One more negative rating for Ed since my last post.

Tugboat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TugboatSend a Private Message to TugboatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gotta wonder... How many cars can such a busy guy "restore" in six months...

GL

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2004 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One more negative rating for Ed since my last post.

One for you too there buddy, I don't want you to feel left out.

BTW
Sig test
------------

A Kiss for a Toadlicker

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2004 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

I got a great idea Todd.. GET A CLUE!

Lets kick grandma and grandpa off SOCIAL SECURITY, revoke the MEDICADE and MEDICARE, kill off all those programs like "Head Start and close a few federally funded PARK / SCHOOLING programs for kids SO you wont have to piss and moan about giving away all OUR money..

Well fine Toddster, I'll go teach the kids about wildlife from my BACKYARD and do it for FREE!!

---------------------
arbeit macht frei
in eine Arbeit, die sich bezahlt macht
seine Rechte geltend machen

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2004 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Get your fricking facts straight and we can talk. If you are going to resort to making crap up then this conversation will go no where.
shipping jobs to India......<bangs head against the desk>

Are you questioning MY credibility with yours?

I'm not sure if you are aware of it but if you want to make a run for jackass candidate of the year, I'm all for it.

I'm warming up my scanner as I type this message and I am prepared to be VERY candid as to mycreadibility as a WORKING American citizen who has had the misfortune of falling on hard times DUE to INEPT governmental policies and government sponsored corporate GREED.

So get ready Todd, if you want to to bring out the "REAL" heavy guns, provide me with a place to post fairly large JPG doccuments and I'll be happy to make YOU look like the town idiot.

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We're square Ed. No hard feelings or anything.

One last little bit of food for thought, before I leave this thread alone again: Every time I log on to the internet, it becomes more apparent to me that who a person is on the net and who they are in real life are as different as night and day sometimes. Other times, theres no difference.

I try to keep that in mind when I read the forum or anything else online. It keeps me from making judgements about people I don't know.

See ya around.

PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you questioning MY credibility with yours?

I'm not sure if you are aware of it but if you want to make a run for jackass candidate of the year, I'm all for it.

I'm warming up my scanner as I type this message and I am prepared to be VERY candid as to mycreadibility as a WORKING American citizen who has had the misfortune of falling on hard times DUE to INEPT governmental policies and government sponsored corporate GREED.

So get ready Todd, if you want to to bring out the "REAL" heavy guns, provide me with a place to post fairly large JPG doccuments and I'll be happy to make YOU look like the town idiot.

Blah blah blah....

NONE of which explains your hypothesis that we are "shipping jobs to India".

Still waiting for the support of that claim.

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by Tugboat:

Gotta wonder... How many cars can such a busy guy "restore" in six months...

GL

The answer is 6.

Go to the search button, type in Toddster, click on the "General Fiero Chat" dot, hit submit. Threads on almost all of them can be found there. They are:

Free GT
Fire GT
Indy
Second Indy
1986 SE
1988 Coupe

You'll find threads on the first 4, an Ebay auction on the 5th which is running right now, and I didn't do a thread on the coupe since, well, it's a coupe.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2004 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Blah blah blah....

NONE of which explains your hypothesis that we are "shipping jobs to India".

Still waiting for the support of that claim.

Again you discreadit me as if I have no first hand knowledge of the facts as I have stated them.

So do you wish to continue to dispute me on the grounds that I lack creadibility OR are you just a stubborn arrogant piehole spouting off garbage from the top of your Ivory Tower?

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2004 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I didn't do a thread on the coupe since, well, it's a coupe.

Now your just getting nasty!

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Again you discreadit me as if I have no first hand knowledge of the facts as I have stated them.

What facts? SITE YOUR SOURCES!

I get mine from the US Department of State, the EPI, and the WTO

We had a trade deficit with India of over $10 Billion in 2002, $12 Billion in 2003 and it is expected to be $15 Billion in 2004! Nasscom claims that 353,500 new Jobs in the software inductry were exported to the US last year.

Outsourcing is NOT the problem. Who gives a s*** if India picks up a handful of clerical jobs filling out government forms? Reduced demand and INSOURCING are the problems. They result in Foreign Companies setting up shop in the US and taking advantage of the US markets without creating ANY local jobs and without reducing the Trade Deficit by one frickin dime.

You are so quick to blame Bush for not doing anything about it either. But you ignore the fact that he DID increase tariffs until the EU bastards threatened to raise $2.2 Billion dollars worth of tariffs on US manufactured goods if we did not let the WTO arbitrate. Oh BTW, Clinton is the fool who got us into the WTO in the first place back in 1994. Now we are stuck letting them tell us how we can price OUR products and tax OUR imports! Thanks Willie!

Soooooo?

Site your sources.

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Now your just getting nasty!

Sorry.

I REALLY crossed the line!

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2004 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What facts? SITE YOUR SOURCES!

The source is ME
The man ON the street..
Are you that clueless?

Do you remember me saying something to the effect that I can not find work NOW but 3 years ago things were fine until MY JOB was being "OUTSOURCED" and "EXPORTED" to India?

Ring ring... Hello... earth to Todd...

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2004 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Outsourcing is NOT the problem. Who gives a s*** if India picks up a handful of clerical jobs filling out government forms? Reduced demand and INSOURCING are the problems. They result in Foreign Companies setting up shop in the US and taking advantage of the US markets without creating ANY local jobs and without reducing the Trade Deficit by one frickin dime.

YES IT IS a problem.. nobody wants to HIRE me full time AKA "OUTSOURCED". Thats why I am a Computer CONSULTANT and not a Computer TECHNICIAN or FULL TIME employee making 45k a year with benefits.

Soooo...
Do you want to continue to question my credibility regarding what I KNOW about being an UNEMPLYED computer TECHNICIAN Or just spout off more meaning less barf from that piehole whilst resting up on high?

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2004 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

You are so quick to blame Bush for not doing anything about it either. But you ignore the fact that he DID increase tariffs until the EU bastards threatened to raise $2.2 Billion dollars worth of tariffs on US manufactured goods if we did not let the WTO arbitrate. Oh BTW, Clinton is the fool who got us into the WTO in the first place back in 1994. Now we are stuck letting them tell us how we can price OUR products and tax OUR imports! Thanks Willie!

Again Todd.
I am Commander in Chief of MY LIFE and you hold me accountable for spending 143 dollars of "everyones money" including the money I have paid in taxes since 16.

YET
The Commander in Chimp of the United Stated of America can spen 10 trillion dollars of OUR hard earned money to build sand castles in their private little sandbox and you seem to have no problem with NOT holding him responsible for it??

Then to top it off you PISS AND MOAN because I hold the LEADER of this COUNTRY responsible for it's WELFARE and TRANQUILITY?

Clinton was a freaking pretty boy with a libito problem, he was more interested in screwing as many people as he could and did a great job.
NOW we have Duhbya with a hardon for "terrorists" that go BOO! in the night and sends a hundred thousand of my brothers and sisters in arms into harms way so HE can screw NOT ONLY the american public BUT damn near all of Europe and a good portion of the ARAB population just for good measure.

He is a suckass president.. GET OVER IT.

Do you wish to question my credibility or just stand attop your pearly white tower like a sweet damzel in distress whimpering like a baby?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock