Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  The Fiero Factory Swap Meet, who's going this year? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Fiero Factory Swap Meet, who's going this year? by blackrams
Started on: 02-10-2009 01:50 PM
Replies: 144 (2652 views)
Last post by: TopNotch on 04-27-2009 10:24 AM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know it's a tad early but, I look forward to this event every year. Just wondering who else in planning on attending. It's always scheduled for the last weekend in April so I always mark that weekend as planned. Who else is planning on being there?

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 02-11-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan on being there again this year.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope to be there for the first time. Not to buy / sell / swap, just to meet the fine Fiero folks.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

I hope to be there for the first time. Not to buy / sell / swap, just to meet the fine Fiero folks.

Although I have hauled quite a bit of my own and several other's Fiero stuff there, I've never made much on anything I took there. I don't go for buying, selling or swapping, I go to see the people. It's so much better than a show IMO, no competition, no one is normally trying to out do anyone else for a friggin trophy, we're all there just to shop, have fun, greet and eat. To me, it's the best event of the year.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 02-10-2009).]

fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there, coming from Birmingham, AL, and I now have a 16ft trailer... Anyone need me to haul anything? I love my trailer!!

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com >>> Build Thread >>> Parts thread (for project funding)

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am planning to be there.
Ratfink

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RatfinkSend a Private Message to RatfinkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me and My POS will be there!(That would be My Fiero,not My Wife!!)
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ratfink:

Me and My POS will be there!(That would be My Fiero,not My Wife!!)

One has to wonder why this issue even arises? But, somethings are better left alone. See you at the Swap Meet.

Ron
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll probably make the trip though not in my Fiero. Last year I bought a reat GT under the fascia bar and egg crate. If I had a Fiero no way to get it bak to Florida. The mexican food is good. Last year I stopped at Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Good stuff except for the coleslaw.
Rainman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll probably be there this year.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

I am planning to be there.

Originally posted by Old Lar:

I'll probably make the trip.

Originally posted by Rainman:

I'll probably be there this year.

Planning, probably and another probably, come on, where's your commitment?

Come hell or high water, I'll be there!

Looks around to make sure the wife isn't watching.

Ron
PFF
System Bot
J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan on being there, not that much to do in Michigan at that time of the year.

Jack

------------------
If you can not run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!

pswayne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pswayneSend a Private Message to pswayneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm planning to come. (I need to look around and see what I can bring to swap).
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll try and make it this year. I might even drive down with my dad in my fiero from Cleveland.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent! Let us know what your route is and when you'll be passing through KY, maybe we can hook up and convoy together.

Ron
sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to try to make it this year, missed it last year and it sucked for me. lol

------------------

Video of the FIERO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcE3f2NTZEs

topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a trying for this year, too. I need to make it too at least 1 of these.
BlackGT Codde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackGT CoddeSend a Private Message to BlackGT CoddeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i wish soo bad that i could go. but i have to stay home and fix my fiero. BRAKES>>>>
what fun. lots of work and no car at all....plus i still have to finish hick-town-hillbilly school
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackGT Codde:

i wish soo bad that i could go. but i have to stay home and fix my fiero. BRAKES>>>>
what fun. lots of work and no car at all....plus i still have to finish hick-town-hillbilly school

If I'm not mistaken, we're talking about the last weekend in April, surely you can get those brakes fixed by then.

Ron
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Present!

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Present!

Steve,
I may be wrong but, to my knowledge, you've never missed a Swap Meet have you?

Ron
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Planning to be there along with a few of the other Georgia Goobers.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 02-10-2009).]

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am planning to go. I am not sure if I will be there Friday and Saturday or just make a day trip of it Saturday. I am closer than I have ever been before and I can do that now but I would hate to miss the feast at the Mexican resturant with the gang. Not to mention the BS session afterwards...

------------------

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
By the way, if any of you FL, GA, and/or MS people are planning to hit I65 somewhere near Birmingham, please let me know so we can all meet up! There are several places we can stop right around where I20 meets I65, then we can jet straight up 65 to Toney!
vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm planning on it in my 02 black ram air Trans am.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you guys wanna meet up on I65 and maybe have lunch, The Golden Rule is a historic and extremely good bar-b-q place in Hoover to meet up at.
It's one of those hole-in-the-wall places with a real pit bar-b-q that you can watch them cook it in.

The link above is google maps with their address already filled in. Just click on it, and put your address in as the start, and voila!
I've already got one PM from someone that's gonna meet up... anyone else?
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post02-11-2009 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 04-14-2009).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

I'll be there, weather and clutch permitting. Slips like a bad dog now.

JazzMan

Great, Looking forward to seeing you again James. Baby that clutch man, baby it.

Have the official dates been set for the Swap Meet? I know it's the last weekend in April, so I'm assuming it's the 24th, 25th, & 26th of April?

Ron

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Have the official dates been set for the Swap Meet? I know it's the last weekend in April, so I'm assuming it's the 24th, 25th, & 26th of April?

I guess a link would answer that question best.

http://www.thefierofactory.com/swapmeet.php

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 02-11-2009).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[b]Originally posted by Fiero Factory
The Fiero Factory 11th Annual Swap Meet

Come join the Fiero Factory and other assorted good friends for our 11th annual swap meet. Bring parts to sell or trade, come to buy parts, or simply come to hang out and bench race. This year's dates are Friday, April 24th through Sunday, April 26th 2008.

Anyone with Fiero parts to sell or who are looking to buy are encouraged to attend. There is no charge to attend the swap meet, and the Fiero Factory will not compete with your sales. The Fiero Factory staff will only sell parts to attendees if they are unable to find what they are looking for at the swap meet.

Vendors are encouraged to attend as well. Again, there is no charge for setup. We do ask that you phone or email in advance with your desired space requirements so that we can accomodate you.
http://www.thefierofactory.com/swapmeet.php

Excellent! Thanks for posting that.

Ron

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

If you guys wanna meet up on I65 and maybe have lunch, The Golden Rule is a historic and extremely good bar-b-q place in Hoover to meet up at.
?

Man, I loved that BBQ. Used to eat there when I was installing the pumping station at the golf course just down the street. Hadn't planned on going through Birmingham, but it's almost worth it for that food.
PFF
System Bot
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Man, I loved that BBQ. Used to eat there when I was installing the pumping station at the golf course just down the street. Hadn't planned on going through Birmingham, but it's almost worth it for that food.

If you take I20 W from ATL, then get off on I459 S to I65 N, it really isn't that far out of your way for a quick excellent food stop... I know I'd love to meet up with several of you and convoy up there...

Right there where it says "Irondale" is where I live... I could even meet you somewhere right around there if you wanted to follow me to The Golden Rule... There's another one right there off of I20 close to my house, but it's not the original one, and it's not nearly as good.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I may be wrong but, to my knowledge, you've never missed a Swap Meet have you?

I was thinking about that when I posted.
I think I've been to all of them. If I missed one, it was the first one.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
I was thinking about that when I posted.
I think I've been to all of them. If I missed one, it was the first one.

Well, at your age, we're happy if you just make it to the next one.

Ron
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul, actually, I was planning to go up through Rome, Ga and out through Ft. Payne. If I do go I-20, I'll turn north at Oxford/Anniston and go up through Gadsden. Maybe we can get someone from Hoover to deliver some of that BBQ to Huntsville.

BTW, if anyone is interested, I have a perfect console skeleton I'll be bringing. No cracks, no breaks, no stripped screw holes. Taking offers. I'll put it in the mall section.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 02-11-2009).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm planning on it! Haven't been for a few years and it's time!

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 02-11-2009).]

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Paul, actually, I was planning to go up through Rome, Ga and out through Ft. Payne. If I do go I-20, I'll turn north at Oxford/Anniston and go up through Gadsden. Maybe we can get someone from Hoover to deliver some of that BBQ to Huntsville.

BTW, if anyone is interested, I have a perfect console skeleton I'll be bringing. No cracks, no breaks, no stripped screw holes. Taking offers. I'll put it in the mall section.

Your route is 183 miles, 4hrs, 11mins, and going through Hoover is 260 miles, 4hrs, 9mins (excluding the BBQ stop...).
Honestly, you take just about the longest way possible, time-wise. And heading up 431 (I20 up through Gadsden) isn't much better... You should just swing on into Hoover...
Any other GA people wanna come have some good BBQ lunch? Ratfink? Raydar? What if I can get us a discount there? If they know I can bring them some business, I might be able to pull a 10% or so discount, since it's a small business... C'mon guys, I wanna meet up, have some good lunch, and convoy up there!
I'll call the manager tomorrow and see what I can pull off. I'm going to tell them that at least 10 people will show up, just as a starting point, and see what they say...
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2009 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Ron,
What route do you use to get there?
TCredGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2009 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TCredGTClick Here to visit TCredGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to TCredGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somebody should call Ed and drop a hint that everybody would be willing to pay more for Saturday lunch catered by the Golden Rule...............See ya'll there !!

------------------
Tommy C....84 4spd, 84 SE Auto, 84 Indy,85 GT, 86 SE V6, 87 GT ,88 GT

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2009 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1MohrFiero:

Hey Ron,
What route do you use to get there?

South on I 65 to exit 1 of TN. Watch for the trail of smoke.

Ron
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock