Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  F-1 is race saturday Q is 11 EST TODAY new season new cars (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F-1 is race saturday Q is 11 EST TODAY new season new cars by ray b
Started on: 03-01-2024 10:15 AM
Replies: 42 (353 views)
Last post by: ray b on 04-25-2024 10:05 PM
ray b

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2024 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
why saturday I have no idea
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2024 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Both of the opening races of the 2024 F1 season in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia are scheduled to take place on Saturdays. This adjustment comes to respect the Muslim Holy period of Ramadan, which starts on Sunday, March 10, just a day after the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix.

And we thought it was they were afraid to compete with NASCAR.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2024 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
same redbull and max on pole
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2024 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ray... do you mind if I report this post? I would like for Cliff to move it to the T/OT. Not because I'm a forum NAZI, but there are a lot of people in the T/OT that would be interested in this... and don't go to the politics forum.

There's no U.S. driver, at least that I know of... so my default then is either Argentina or the Netherlands, and since Argentina hasn't had an F1 driver since like the late 90s... my go-to is Max Verstappen!

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 03-01-2024).]

bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2024 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Logan Sargent, races for Williams, he is from Miami I believe
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2024 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonaduce:

Logan Sargent, races for Williams, he is from Miami I believe

Oh really? That's awesome. I know a lot of them live in Miami, but is he American? Not that I like them any less... but you know... with F1, you're rooting for your country as much as you are for the manufacturer. I'll never forget when I went to Indianapolis for the F1 race there, and there was a whole section of Brazilians. I think they were there for Rubens Baricello, I think? Anyway... you never saw such a gigantic Brazilian flag. They were so proud, they had this flag draped throughout the grandstand. Literally, it covered about 40-50 seats. There were literally 40-50 people who couldn't see the race because they were under a Brazilian flag. It stayed like that for 20 minutes before they finally rolled it back up, hahah...
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2024 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about the big Red Bull/Horner controversy?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-02-2024).]

bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2024 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Oh really? That's awesome. I know a lot of them live in Miami, but is he American? Not that I like them any less... but you know... with F1, you're rooting for your country as much as you are for the manufacturer. I'll never forget when I went to Indianapolis for the F1 race there, and there was a whole section of Brazilians. I think they were there for Rubens Baricello, I think? Anyway... you never saw such a gigantic Brazilian flag. They were so proud, they had this flag draped throughout the grandstand. Literally, it covered about 40-50 seats. There were literally 40-50 people who couldn't see the race because they were under a Brazilian flag. It stayed like that for 20 minutes before they finally rolled it back up, hahah...

Yes, only american in f1 at the moment. Really don't expect to see him there next year.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2024 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonaduce:

Yes, only american in f1 at the moment. Really don't expect to see him there next year.

Yeah... dead last.

He'll go the way of Scott Speed. How someone with a last name of Speed in racing couldn't make it... is just beyond me. Oh well... I'll root for him, but I am almost obliged to root for Max Verstappen. My dad will disown me if I do not! Hahah...
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2024 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

82-T/A [At Work]

22765 posts
Member since Aug 2002

Originally posted by maryjane:

I'm sure it paled in comparison to the Bernie Ecclestone controversy... anyone remember the specifics? I know it's not good to make aspersions, but didn't he make a bunch of "home videos" of him having sex with prostitutes that he had dressed up as NAZI soldiers, and they all took turns whipping each other? Or am I confusing this with some Babylon Bee article?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2024 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought Ecclestone's problems came from bribery and tax evasion...
It was Max Mosley I think that got in to all the Nazi crap. He committed suicide not long after being diagnosed with terminal cancer.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-02-2024).]

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2024 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm sure it paled in comparison to the Bernie Ecclestone controversy... anyone remember the specifics? I know it's not good to make aspersions, but didn't he make a bunch of "home videos" of him having sex with prostitutes that he had dressed up as NAZI soldiers, and they all took turns whipping each other? Or am I confusing this with some Babylon Bee article?

It was Max Mosley I think that got in to all the Nazi crap. He committed suicide not long after being diagnosed with terminal cancer.

I am glad I am not an F1 fan.

McLaren means just one thing to me.

No pipsqueak F1 ever sounded like that!

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-02-2024).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2024 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://forums.autosport.co...eague-edited/page-97

I have NOT read the whole thing
basic summery he had a girl friend who worked for him
she complained they investigated and CLEARED HIM
then somebody released some pictures and the mess is restarting about that

some think jos max's dad is behind the release to get max out of red bull and into hams empty M-B next year
as honda is going and ford coming to replace honda at red bull

horner is a a good team manager but the real genius is newey the designer not horner at red bull
newey's f-1 cars have won for many other teams he is the big player at red bull
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2024 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12549 posts
Member since Jan 2001

max mosley's dad was a real nazi
his dad ran the english nazi party before WW2
and was jailed during the war

he was the head FIA rules guy

Ecclestone's is the guy who got the TV deals plus track ads
he made billions divorced a hot young wife and got caught hiding money from her and tax evasion

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2024 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Women, dogs and hunting leases have been the downfall of many a man Ray.

We here in America have our own Nazi party but they are mostly in secret cells, disguised as walmart greeters at the exit door..
Papers..Papers!! Vere are your papers?? You must show me your papers!

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2024 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
euro sex at work rules are very different [better]

they have rules that allow co-workers to date [have sex]
here in the USA most CORP'S forbid relations between workers

so horner maybe horny but that is not against their laws
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2024 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Mclaren Can Am cars were just amazing....1800 lbs and 7-800 hp from a big block.....and of course exotic aerodynamics.....(The wildest aero-cars were the Chaparrals- especially the 2J Vacuum car)

The two best racing series ever were the Can Am (closest to a true Unlimited) and the original Trans Am (Race what we sell on Monday)

Every form of racing now has rules- and sadly, the rules allow BILLIONS of dollars to be spent but keep cars from being interesting.....
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2024 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

The Mclaren Can Am cars were just amazing....1800 lbs and 7-800 hp from a big block.....and of course exotic aerodynamics.....(The wildest aero-cars were the Chaparrals- especially the 2J Vacuum car)

The two best racing series ever were the Can Am (closest to a true Unlimited) and the original Trans Am (Race what we sell on Monday)

Every form of racing now has rules- and sadly, the rules allow BILLIONS of dollars to be spent but keep cars from being interesting.....

Guys like Jim Hall and Bruce McLaren made racing interesting, but when Ferrari and Porsche found out about Group 7, it was over.

Computers and big money have made racecars ugly and boring. Electric cars will kill what is left. The last unique cars to hit the track were the Audi Diesels. Even Indy is just spec racing anymore, at least the girls kept it interesting for a few years.

At least there is still Top Fuel (for now). Chemistry and physics pushed beyond the edge.

I want to know what happened to the 2-stroke F1 idea they were talking about a few years ago.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-03-2024).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2024 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Guys like Jim Hall and Bruce McLaren made racing interesting, but when Ferrari and Porsche found out about Group 7, it was over.

Computers and big money have made racecars ugly and boring. Electric cars will kill what is left. The last unique cars to hit the track were the Audi Diesels. Even Indy is just spec racing anymore, at least the girls kept it interesting for a few years.

At least there is still Top Fuel (for now).

I want to know what happened to the 2-stroke F1 idea they were talking about a few years ago.

where were you in 62 when they had the 1500cc rule
and they said no to two strokes
when the idea of 6 250 twins = 12 cyl 1500cc was put up
the SOUNDS !!

btw the vanguard of 58 was 6 Norton Manx heads made in a unit
and won that year with a bike original but 4 stroke 4 valve 500cc for the 2500cc rule

A BUDDY HAD A REAL RACE MANX bike
IT RAINED PARTS it shook so bad
REQUIRED A CHASE CAR TO RECOVER THE BITS AND OFTEN THE WHOLE BIKE
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2024 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

where were you in 62 when they had the 1500cc rule
and they said no to two strokes
when the idea of 6 250 twins = 12 cyl 1500cc was put up
the SOUNDS !!

btw the vanguard of 58 was 6 Norton Manx heads made in a unit
and won that year with a bike original but 4 stroke 4 valve 500cc for the 2500cc rule

A BUDDY HAD A REAL RACE MANX bike
IT RAINED PARTS it shook so bad
REQUIRED A CHASE CAR TO RECOVER THE BITS AND OFTEN THE WHOLE BIKE

In '62, I was seven years old and living in Pensacola. I didn't get to see the bikes live for a few more years. Here is a picture I took at Daytona in 1969.

But the big stories in Moto GP engine development in the late '50s and early '60 were companies like Guzzi, Agusta, Laverda and of course Honda. Two smokes weren't really viable for racing until the mid '60s.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Approx' 20 years ago I was reading about the latest F1 cars in R&T and came up with what I think would have been a good idea; All car companies back then were making 2 L 4-cylinder engines.....so make the basic engine rule for F1 that you must use an engine available to the masses 1) 2 Liter, 2) Four valve, and the only mods would be carb/injection, cams and headers.

Also, I have always found it kind of ridiculous that the original intent of "Open-wheel" racing was to IMPROVE aerodynamics- yet the absolute worst thing about modern F1 cars aerodynamically is those exposed wheels/tires....so also, I think the F1 race cars should be limited to 8" wide wheels which would cut the tires down in width to approx' 8-9"...

Obviously, the cars would be slower, but the emphasis would be on the >>DRIVERS SKILL<<
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No pipsqueak F1 ever sounded like that!

Oh... I disagree. I like the CanAm cars... and prototype racing, and all that...

But can you tell me the first several cars in this video don't just sound absolutely amazing???

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh... I disagree. I like the CanAm cars... and prototype racing, and all that...

But can you tell me the first several cars in this video don't just sound absolutely amazing???

That is indeed a great commercial short film.

I know you will like the first example (1957) in the following video:

The engine has always been my favorite part of any machine. There is something compelling, something primal about orchestrated explosions. Regardless of the configuration, from big, slow turning radials to nitro burning speedway Jawas, to me, it is literally music.

If you fire up an engine and look over your shoulder, there I will be with my camera.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-04-2024).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

from big, slow turning radials

B-25?

2600 RPMs isn't all that slow for any radial.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

basic summery he had a girl friend who worked for him
she complained they investigated and CLEARED HIM

Girl friend? No. A female employee who accused him of sexual harassment. It was investigated and he was aquitted of any wrongdoings by an independent group.

then somebody released some pictures and the mess is restarting about that

Nowadays it's of course incredibly easy to falsify pictures (with AI) and chances are that is exactly what happened.

some think jos max's dad is behind the release to get max out of red bull and into hams empty M-B next year

That's just stupid. Neither Max nor Jos want Max to leave Red Bull. And Max most certainly won't ever go to Mercedes. And why would he? Red Bull is built around Max now. At Mercedes, he'll have to start all over again building a team around him not to mention he'll have an inferior car. Verstappen Sr and Christian Horner might not be the best of friends but they are most certainly not each other's enemies.

as honda is going and ford coming to replace honda at red bull

So? Ford used be a huge force in F1 with their Cosworth engines. They're no noobs.

horner is a a good team manager but the real genius is newey the designer not horner at red bull

Utter, utter BS. Red Bull would not be the team it is today without Horner. He is the glue that holds the team together. Don't forget he is the longest sitting team principal. Newey wouldn't even be working for Red Bull if it wasn't for Horner. Trust me, if Horner goes, Newey goes.

newey's f-1 cars have won for many other teams he is the big player at red bull

He is one of the big players at Red Bull. There's Horner, Marko, Newey, Waché, et all. Take any of them away and Red Bull collapses. And I think that's what's behind all this. I think this is coming from outside Red Bull, not within. Sure there's friction between Marko and Horner, but both are smart enough to know that one can not survive without the other.

Again, I think somebody (as in some group) from the outside is trying to break the synergy within Red Bull.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

B-25?

2600 RPMs isn't all that slow for any radial.

Yep, "Mitch the Witch II", though at that moment, it was painted as "Mitch the Witch", possibly for a movie. I took that picture at Scottsdale Airport about 30 years ago.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2024 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
newey f-1 record

Newey is regarded by many to be one of the greatest engineers in Formula One history; his designs have won numerous titles and more than 200 Grands Prix. Newey is the most successful designers, winning twelve Constructors' Championships with three different Formula One teams, and with seven different drivers winning thirteen Drivers' Championships driving Newey's designs wiki

plus a few indy wins too back went they did not run kit cars like now

horner is a manager not a designer LEGEND

NEWEY IS THE MAN his cars win year after year at different teams

FORD was good with cosworth long ago with v8's
their later turbo's sucked both 4 and v6 versions never won a race or pole
it took honda 3 long years to get a winner and honda's last turbo motor was CWC + DWC dominate motor

my dad was a ford guy who work for Henry on the hyd drive
I like ford motor sports but fear the first few years for them with a NEW f-1 motor
I think max and jos know when honda leaves after 2025 the times will change
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2024 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12549 posts
Member since Jan 2001
and ham jumped to the dull red seat

so the M-B seat will open and they are the best long term bet
with history and cash both pay and for the team
while redbull is know to be low paying incentive based bonus deal
if the ford is a dud and will be at first so no more bonus or less anyway

best driver seeks best car

I can see max for millions at Mercedes in a year or so
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2024 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12549 posts
Member since Jan 2001
some of the red bull team BS is a CORPrat fight between the austrians and a SE Asian invest group for control
that has zip to do with F-1 or the team just money/control power
both side had other HEAD guys in charge who died
so maybe the drive / fight for control is in both groups and vs each other too

soap opera for sure
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2024 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Twenty years ago, I was Director of Safety for a flatbed carrier which had the opportunity to haul some Red Bull race airplanes.

The racers were brought in to Sky Harbor on a cargo jet.

Flatbed ain't regular trucking.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2024 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

That's just stupid. Neither Max nor Jos want Max to leave Red Bull. And Max most certainly won't ever go to Mercedes. And why would he? Red Bull is built around Max now. At Mercedes, he'll have to start all over again building a team around him not to mention he'll have an inferior car. Verstappen Sr and Christian Horner might not be the best of friends but they are most certainly not each other's enemies.

Again, I think somebody (as in some group) from the outside is trying to break the synergy within Red Bull.

Red Bull has been a fantastic team. I honestly always preferred Ferrari or Mercedes... just because. I was even a fan of Spyker for a year... and am VERY much looking forward to Ford coming back. But Red Bull has been absolutely amazing in building a highly competitive team with the best cars, and the best drivers.
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2024 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

82-T/A [At Work]

22765 posts
Member since Aug 2002

I really wish they would have shown more from the late 60s / early 70s... as I view that very much as the golden era of F1.

But 99 through the mid 2000s were always my favorite years. I watched every single one of those races with my dad. It was convenient because my parents lived a few miles away, so I could go visit... I rarely get to watch a race with my dad now though. But those V10s... and the modern... yet still simplistic style of the F1 cars really was something else to me.

Also... all of this really makes me sad for the loss of Speed Vision...
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2024 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://twitter.com/rbr_dai...670678702133310?s=46

RBR Daily
@RBR_Daily
🚨 Helmut Marko on rumours of Max to Mercedes:

"As far as I am concerned: I will not stand in the way of Max."
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2024 04:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's all about the noise!

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2024 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Red Bull's suspended the employee that filed the complaint against Horner. Legal filings as well...

Q IS FRIDAY 3-8

SAUDI RACE IS 3-9

MAX IN P-1
FRED IN P-2 SURPRISE
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2024 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
interesting spin on f-1 that was quickly pulled by R&T LEAST IT OFFEND THE OVER CLASS

https://www.roadandtrack.co...d-f1-velvet-curtain/

BEARMAN is for real
I bet he could beat ham for 1% of the pay

max is unreal again
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2024 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

max is unreal again

It irks me to no end there are still some people saying "it's 99% the car and 1% Max". Max has proven time and time again he's on another level. Sure, the car is incredible. Best car on the grid? I don't know, perhaps. But still, you can build a car that is in theory 10s per lap faster than any other car. You still need exceptional talent to get everything out of it. And more. Max has destroyed every team mate he has had so far. While driving the same car. Anyone who thinks Max got "the better car" is looking for excuses to downplay his talent.

People say F1 has become boring due to Max. While he was the one who put F1 back on the map again when he was driving inferior cars. Boring? I'm just grateful to be able to witness such an incredible talent. Nobody was complaining when Hamilton won 6 championships in a row.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2024 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

It irks me to no end there are still some people saying "it's 99% the car and 1% Max". Max has proven time and time again he's on another level. Sure, the car is incredible. Best car on the grid? I don't know, perhaps. But still, you can build a car that is in theory 10s per lap faster than any other car. You still need exceptional talent to get everything out of it. And more. Max has destroyed every team mate he has had so far. While driving the same car. Anyone who thinks Max got "the better car" is looking for excuses to downplay his talent.

People say F1 has become boring due to Max. While he was the one who put F1 back on the map again when he was driving inferior cars. Boring? I'm just grateful to be able to witness such an incredible talent. Nobody was complaining when Hamilton won 6 championships in a row.

I've never understood this. People want someone to win but evidently HATE a winner. I can remember the same attitude towards the Foyts and Andrettis. Same with Emerson Fittipaldi, Schumacher and Hamilton. Seen the same in American football toward Tom Brady and more recently toward Mahomes. Hell, LOTS of people hate Musk's success with SpaceX simply because they think it detracts from NASA's efforts.
Obviously, I'm no race car driver but imo, a faster car requires a much better skill set and reaction ability to be able to handle the car's speed and to keep less skilled drivers from takin you out.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2024 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
as predicted they pulled the story from R&T

but someone found it on the wayback machine here

https://web.archive.org/web...d-f1-velvet-curtain/
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2024 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12549 posts
Member since Jan 2001
I like to see more competitive races with closer cars swapping places

indy ''kit cars'' as see sunday are far closer but no tek differences only driver skill and team set up
and some how team P is always near the top

the shoe vet ham and now max all had times of total domination
where one guy drove off from pole to win going away

btw in a sop to the locals G A tic are down to 305 from 1200 last year for the miami f-1 race
I guess sales are slow this year
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock