Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  F-1 is race saturday Q is 11 EST TODAY new season new cars (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F-1 is race saturday Q is 11 EST TODAY new season new cars by ray b
Started on: 03-01-2024 10:15 AM
Replies: 42 (354 views)
Last post by: ray b on 04-25-2024 10:05 PM
ray b

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2024 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
newey f-1 record is the very best

and he will be at a new team
he is reported by the BBC to be leaving red bull

everybody wants him on their team
he likely will get a 8 figure offer to draw race cars
red team M-B aston martin all are bidding

he is the best there ever was at new era f-1 cars
3 teams his cars DOMINATED

WHO EVER GETS HIM will win

max would be smart to follow newey to a new team
as without honda AND newey red bull is toast

best current guess is the red team in italy will get newey
and they have ham signed so
can max move a second driver out of the Official Ferrari website

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 04-25-2024).]

IP: Logged
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2024 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I've never understood this. People want someone to win but evidently HATE a winner. I can remember the same attitude towards the Foyts and Andrettis. Same with Emerson Fittipaldi, Schumacher and Hamilton. Seen the same in American football toward Tom Brady and more recently toward Mahomes. Hell, LOTS of people hate Musk's success with SpaceX simply because they think it detracts from NASA's efforts.
Obviously, I'm no race car driver but imo, a faster car requires a much better skill set and reaction ability to be able to handle the car's speed and to keep less skilled drivers from takin you out.

I was the same way back in the early to mid 2000s when Michael Schumacher was the one winning all the races. I can't remember exactly, but he won 7 world championships, and I think they were probably back-to-back. I started to get really annoyed because every race... he was out in front, way ahead of everyone else, and dominating. You were essentially rooting for 2nd place. I realize that this is the same "mentality" (I assume) that's driving some of the frustrations with Max Verstappen.

Of course, my dad is Dutch, so I like Max too, and have no similar frustration with him, though I can recognize my hypocrisy from many years before.

That said, I still held my tongue so to speak because I knew that even though Michael Schumacher was winning constantly, I didn't really let it bother me... I acknowledged that he was a really good driver. And more importantly, he wasn't arrogant.

The funny thing about Max Verstappen... and I always joke with my dad about this, but Dutch humor is very dead-pan... you almost don't even know it's happening when it does. Max Verstappen is just totally cool in all his responses. Even when he's super pissed off, he just looks slightly annoyed. When he's super happy, he looks mildly amused, and that itself is hilarious.

I was happy for Lewis Hamilton when he would drive well... but within his second or third year, he basically became an ******* . Super arrogant, always complaining... his losses were NEVER his fault... it was always the fault of his crew (who wants to support a driver like that?). Alternately, when Max is unhappy with the car, he'll say... "We need a little tuning with the car to make it perfect." I've never once seen him **** on his pit crew.

I'm glad that Hamilton never reached 7 championships... because I'm happy with Michael Schumacher holding that record... Schumacher, like Max, was upstanding.
ray b

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2024 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
shoe had two with benetton [really tolman's old team he just died a month or two ago]
many say they cheated with traction control [banned by rule]

then mika won two for mac

then shoe drove for the red guys and 5 more WDC
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave