Started on: 11-13-2021 12:34 AM
Replies: 76 (916 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 11-20-2021 03:19 PM
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2021 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

Sounds like sleep medication based on half of the topics that interest you. Notice almost nobody comments on them. Especially your musical threads.

Communities with insults, is that how a true "conservative" acts? How about a true Christian? Or a great teacher, do they communicate thoughts through insults?
It isn't necessary. And maybe you didn't start it? But you think anybody looking at your posts compels people to consider conservatism? The reason I ask is because the label of conservative seems to be a big deal to you. Well,... that and insults.
IP: Logged
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2021 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I always thought that was a stupid idea.

But, perhaps people want it to be, perhaps so much that they will try and make it one:

About 2% of the population do indeed try to make it one.

In 1968 the mental disorder was added to the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders)

It is properly called: DEPERSONALIZATION AND DEREALIZATION DISORDER

https://www.mayoclinic.org/...-causes/syc-20352911

Medical and mental health professionals want to treat people for the illness so that they can lead normal and productive lives.

Zuckerberg wants to mainstream, enable and sell the mental illness so that more people can join him in it.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 11-14-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post11-14-2021 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Communities with insults, is that how a true "conservative" acts? How about a true Christian? Or a great teacher, do they communicate thoughts through insults?
It isn't necessary. And maybe you didn't start it? But you think anybody looking at your posts compels people to consider conservatism? The reason I ask is because the label of conservative seems to be a big deal to you. Well,... that and insults.

You started with the insults toward me because you falsely interpreted my post and i.wouldn't take that position. And still it seems you're deflecting from the facts.

Where exactly did I say non -Christians can't lead? Exactly where? Where did I say Ben cant?

Rinse, is Orthodox Judaism a Talmudic religion? After you posted I looked at their official sites specifically to see what they believe because I didn't know. It is one of those. Individual Sikhs, muslims, Hindus, agnostics, atheists all should be weighed for bias by Christians.

I feel it's wise to know the core beliefs of any political activist. I'm sure you agree that it colors or directs their true views when it comes to religion with politics.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That comes across as more reasonable than the second time that you conversed in this thread, when you said this:

The Republican voter group is a largely Christian contingency or has a belief in Jesus Christ as God. A person who is belligerent to that belief who is PROMOTED as a voice of leadership for that group should be openly presented as such on the subject of Christ.

When I read that, it seemed like you had already formed a strongly negative estimation of Ben Shapiro, and it wasn't at all clear to me that it was based on anything that Ben Shapiro had actually said or done.

Hope this helps to calm the waters of discourse and illuminate the Topic in a light that is revealing, but also reassuringly warm and lifelike, like the lumens from GE's product line of Natural Daylight Fluorescent Tubes.

Specificity often clarifies.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 11-15-2021).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Donald Trump is not a conservative, but ran on conservative planks. Hannity is not either. Pat Buchanan is in the conservative sphere of practice. Rush Limbaugh was not. He convinced people that Republican means conservative. Now most Republicans believe that they are, when in fact they are moderates.

I don't accuse people. People reveal beliefs that aren't conservative and I illustrate how they are not conservative. It would be stupid to make a claim that isnt supported. My approach is to expose that stupidity by showing that there is no support for a claim.

Ben Shapiro is who the Deep State wants you to listen to. Same with Hannity and Huckabee. Shills. They're installed to address an age demographic.

It might help if we could all get on the same page, that in knowing the definition of Conservatism being discussed.
Seems to me there are several levels of Conservatism just as there are several distinct levels of other disciplines/beliefs/social values.

Rams
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2021 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, you're right on that. Definitions get blurred through over-extension and sometimes bastardized use.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The resolution on this one is SICK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOk_M1Ib5F0

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, you're right on that. Definitions get blurred through over-extension and sometimes bastardized use.

"Bastardized" would imply anything that doesn't comply with your or my definition/perspective.

Rams
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2021 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But the term isn't so subjective in reality.

To me basterdizing was what Limbaugh wrongly told his listeners, and I was one of them.
When Hannity and Huckabee are shilling for more Afghans or calling for wars and we believe they are conservative voices, we accept a stretching of the definition.

But the definition and policies don't really change. It isn't really subjective.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But the term isn't so subjective in reality.

To me basterdizing was what Limbaugh wrongly told his listeners, and I was one of them.
When Hannity and Huckabee are shilling for more Afghans or calling for wars and we believe they are conservative voices, we accept a stretching of the definition.

But the definition and policies don't really change. It isn't really subjective.

As is, your, my, our and everyone's else's perspectives. I may not be 100% right all the time but neither is anyone else.
Something I'm willing to admit. Some aren't.

Rams
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2021 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, not fessing up is the norm. I get that and resist it myself.

When a piece of metal gets a bend in it, you have to pull it back plus pull it back and a little farther so it will settle back in at the original spot again. If you only pull it to the point it was at, when you let the pressure off it will bend a little bit back out of line due to stretch. Political opinions are like that.

Maybe my approach is a little like bending the metal back to true shape.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm with Barry: https://www.britannica.com/...conservatism-1989999

and the definition: https://www.britannica.com/...servative-principles

Damn! I wish he had won. That was a the turning point in our country.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-15-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2021 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Extremism is what we live under now, the definition stretched to be called tolerance and equity, etc. So far stretched in fact that traditional conservative positions are now called extremism.

We probably all agree that the words deriving from "racist" are fabricated to mean whatever. Tribalism, ethnocentrism are now racism. Trumpism is racism.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 11-15-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gleaned from my second link above:

1) First, he maintains that there is an abiding human nature; and that, under God, there exists a just civil social order which is suited to man’s nature. 

2) Second, the conservative argues that freedom—moral, political, and economic—is the mark of high civilization; and servitude, under whatever name, is the mark of a barbarous or decadent order. 

3) Third, the conservative recognizes that freedom is possible only when order and justice prevail. 

4) Fourth, the conservative respects the political institutions and customs and traditions which he has inherited, particularly the Constitution of the United States and other great documents of our nation.

5) Fifth, the conservative believes that government is force; and though government is necessary and a great good if kept within proper limits, it is by its very nature potentially dangerous.

6) Sixth, the conservative thinks that we should not forget that Americans have a republic characterized by territorial democracy. Our federal government is republican in form, not directly democratic.

7) Seventh, the conservative says that politics is the art of the possible. Therefore, he is a political realist. Human nature never can be perfected; life never can be perfectly happy for everyone; and governments never can be perfectly just and omniscient.

(all are the words of Barry Goldwater)

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-15-2021).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Click to show
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Click to show

I'm going to suggest her plastic surgeon was not conservative.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Extremism is what we live under now, the definition stretched to be called tolerance and equity, etc. So far stretched in fact that traditional conservative positions are now called extremism.

We probably all agree that the words deriving from "racist" are fabricated to mean whatever. Tribalism, ethnocentrism are now racism. Trumpism is racism.

You left out another buzzword they like to use fascist. I am willing to bet a lot of people that use it don't even know it's true meaning. All they know is that it is an insult.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... People should just know what they believe.

You obviously haven't bothered to read what you're commenting about.

You also should understand that "alot" is incorrect. You use it a lot. I've noticed.

Alot, yes a major flaw of mine, sometimes typing as words sound rather than proper. I try to remember, but its honestly low on the importance list.

The part I commented about is what I commented about, not more and not less.

I agree people knowing what they believe is important. I believe Meta is going to be a bad thing in many ways, for many of the reasons mentioned in the video.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by randye:

About 2% of the population do indeed try to make it one.

In 1968 the mental disorder was added to the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders)

It is properly called: DEPERSONALIZATION AND DEREALIZATION DISORDER

https://www.mayoclinic.org/...-causes/syc-20352911

Medical and mental health professionals want to treat people for the illness so that they can lead normal and productive lives.

Zuckerberg wants to mainstream, enable and sell the mental illness so that more people can join him in it.

With all the kids addicted to video game immersion, Id guess that percentage is much higher these days.
That disorder sounds like a decent reason murderers and genocide exist.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007

I don't only listen to or filter my inputs to what anyone (even myself) consider conservative voices, or any other one "side" or "group".

Joe, also doesnt jive with hardly any "conservative" point of view, and hardly anything related to politics were mentioned in the video.
That said;
In the sense that politics are about life and how we live it together, everything is about politics. I'm not sure I have a point with that though other than making that point.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-15-2021).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2021 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is pretty crazy what this will do to society.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2021 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know those hologram concerts that were trying to take off a few years back, with artists that had passed away reanimated performing as holograms?
Looks like they wont need that anymore. The holograms arent coming to us, we are going to them.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2021 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You know those hologram concerts that were trying to take off a few years back, with artists that had passed away reanimated performing as holograms?
Looks like they wont need that anymore. The holograms arent coming to us, we are going to them.

One of the early instances of a version of that was a big deal back when..late '80s maybe?
Looks pretty hokie now tho.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2021 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2021 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

You left out another buzzword they like to use fascist. I am willing to bet a lot of people that use it don't even know it's true meaning. All they know is that it is an insult.

True. I don't have confidence that I do either.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2021 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't use the word, I have always seen it as a European political jargon. The word seems to fit just about any political party that one disagrees with. But that's just me. I have other words to describe abusive political groups.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 11-18-2021).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2021 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is awesome
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2021 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HA, that's great!

Most of us are older folks,and probably aren't going to be too impacked by any of this crap, but the youngins are pretty floopdy-dooped over the past two years. It's not good to not see people's faces (well,IMO, I know there are places where everyone walks around like a ninja all day...). and countless other things that dramatically changed (even temporarily over that time...)

FOLLOW THE WHITE RABBIT

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2021 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

HA, that's great!

Most of us are older folks,and probably aren't going to be too impacked by any of this crap, but the youngins are pretty floopdy-dooped over the past two years. It's not good to not see people's faces (well,IMO, I know there are places where everyone walks around like a ninja all day...). and countless other things that dramatically changed (even temporarily over that time...)

FOLLOW THE WHITE RABBIT

You sure don't get out much. That's a white dog, not a rabbit...

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2021 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You see, this is why we can't have nice things. That is not reality. They're so privileged, even the dog is white.
They're probably listening to Pat Boone or John Denver or something, Jeez Louise!
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2021 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

You see, this is why we can't have nice things. That is not reality. They're so privileged, even the dog is white.
They're probably listening to Pat Boone or John Denver or something, Jeez Louise!

I hear her voice in the mornin' hour, she calls me
The radio reminds me of my home far away
Drivin' down the road, I get a feelin'
That I should've been home yesterday, yesterday
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2021 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

You sure don't get out much. That's a white dog, not a rabbit...

Might even be a duck.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2021 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by williegoat:

Hey I got eyes, I can descriminate based on stupid reasons like society is now doing! I think the one guy is darker skinned, even dark hair, he might be ok! Wait... can I say "guy" and "he"?
Just wait til we are all virtual and can be whatever we want
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2021 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just wait til we are all virtual and can be whatever we want

Some days, I want to be Humphrey Bogart...

Other days, I want to be Screamin' Jay...

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2021 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sammy had it figured out.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 11-19-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2021 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Following what I said on Page 1, and that would be here:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/.../HTML/127069.html#p6

I found a fresh and relatively new "read" about the Holometer experiment at Fermilab. People who are taken with the idea that we are part of a simulated universe or metaverse that's been created by another intelligent species are interested in the latest findings from this experiment. Or they would be, if they knew about it. I'm not one of those people.

So far, the experiments have produced negative results, yet they continue, and they are not yet sufficient to completely rule out the possibility that there are measurable characteristics that would add to the credibility of some of the latest speculations, including the idea that the universe is fundamentally holographic or two-dimensional, and that what we perceive as the familiar, three-dimensional Euclidean geometry of our world is actually kind of a mirage.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 11-20-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2021 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
I forgot the link.

"Random twists of place: How quiet is quantum space-time at the Planck scale?"
Craig Hogan for Fermilab; February 12, 2021.
https://news.fnal.gov/2021/...at-the-planck-scale/

FermiLab or Fermilab--i've seen it both ways. It's "Fermilab" on their official website here.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock