Started on: 10-10-2021 11:18 AM
Replies: 22 (311 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 10-11-2021 09:59 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2021 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fun stuff but it's usually/often how it 'seems' to work.
BUT, the reason it caught my eye is that I immediately figured dave is digging a hole to bury red shirt guy in, cuz we know he's gonna die soon.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2021 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

BUT, the reason it caught my eye is that I immediately figured dave is digging a hole to bury red shirt guy in, cuz we know he's gonna die soon.

Oh yeah, this used to happen ALL the time in the 1990s. Many corporate offices (it seems to me) have fewer "non-working" positions, but there are more senior administrative positions. Like, now you have the CIO and CISO, both positions that never really existed ~20 years ago.

But yeah, in every company where this ends up happening, the company always ends up going bankrupt or bought out anyway, and they end up having to re-hire the actual worker positions (e.g. in my case, the programmers) and they fire all the middle-managers. It always seems to be a temporary reprieve for these mid-level managers when they fire the workers.

I worked for one company, I'll never forget... we had a layoff in Florida, they laid off almost 50 programmers, and left only three of us. I was one of the three. I was the youngest one at the company, and programmed in the newer languages, as well as the older language. They also kept my boss, and the senior most programmer. All the other programmers were fired... (like ~48 of them). At the end of the firings, the corporate office called the HR person who'd just laid off all the programmers, and then laid him off too over the phone. The dude was so pissed, he did a massive burn-out in the parking lot with his 1998 Firebird Formula. Hahah...
Zeb

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2021 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians." That's how it winds up.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-10-2021 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I worked for one company, I'll never forget... we had a layoff in Florida, they laid off almost 50 programmers, and left only three of us. I was one of the three....

Were the other 2 minorities as well?

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2021 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

Were the other 2 minorities as well?

Every single one of us is white, including the women. I am half Hispanic, but that doesn't make me not-white. Most Argentines are of European / Spanish descent, not Native American or African descent.

You're probably one of those people who thinks that Hispanic means "Mexican."
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2021 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was in a grocery store a few years ago looking for a particular sauce, Maggi Jugo Sazonador. They had other varieties of Maggi, but not the "Jugo". When I asked the clerk if they might have the Mexican flavor, he looked at me like I had just said a dirty word and told me, "We don't stock the Hispanic flavor". I wanted to tell him I wasn't looking for Spanish sauce, but since I was in the "Hispanic" food isle, which is filled with tortillas and chiles, I decided to walk away quietly.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 10-10-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-10-2021 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Every single one of us is white, including the women. I am half Hispanic, but that doesn't make me not-white. Most Argentines are of European / Spanish descent, not Native American or African descent.

Minority has nothing to do with White, so try to get educated. Women are minorities as are half Hispanics and Vietnam era vets.

So, were the other two any of the protected classes as well? I'm just curious.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2021 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Minority has nothing to do with White, so try to get educated.

You don't say.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...HTML/126229.html#p14

The woke held a protest rally against White Supremacy to try to stop the violence. No fooling. They're blaming Whites for the minority crime.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...HTML/126762.html#p11

I'm gonna be the diversity left in New America. My genes will be preserved to repopulate the Earth with some amount of Whiteness. The genes of the injected will be erased for eternity.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...HTML/125598.html#p15

Whites or people who appear White are victims of violent cross race attacks at a huge disparity. There are hundreds of thousands of minority on White crimes per year recorded while White on minority is in the tens of thousands.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2021 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I was in a grocery store a few years ago looking for a particular sauce, Maggi Jugo Sazonador. They had other varieties of Maggi, but not the "Jugo". When I asked the clerk if they might have the Mexican flavor, he looked at me like I had just said a dirty word and told me, "We don't stock the Hispanic flavor". I wanted to tell him I wasn't looking for Spanish sauce, but since I was in the "Hispanic" food isle, which is filled with tortillas and chiles, I decided to walk away quietly.

Many years ago... MANY years ago, I used to hang out with my buddies at a restaurant called "Anita's Mexican Restaurant" in Vienna, Virginia.

It wasn't until decades later that I made my way to Arizona and ended up at a restaurant that was serving "New Mexican" food.

Williegoat... don't even know where to go with this. I was in love. I developed a new love of eating. When I moved to Texas, I searched everywhere for "New Mexican" restaurants. I realized too that Anita's Mexican Restaurant, was actually Anita's New Mexican Restaurant.

It's similar to Mexican food, but feels less "heavy." It's hotter, both green and red chilis, but also the use of honey and many more organic ingredients. I'm going to search for one now.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 10-10-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2021 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Many years ago... MANY years ago, I used to hang out with my buddies at a restaurant called "Anita's Mexican Restaurant" in Vienna, Virginia.

It wasn't until decades later that I made my way to Arizona and ended up at a restaurant that was serving "New Mexican" food.

Williegoat... don't even know where to go with this. I was in love. I developed a new love of eating. When I moved to Texas, I searched everywhere for "New Mexican" restaurants. I realized too that Anita's Mexican Restaurant, was actually Anita's New Mexican Restaurant.

It's similar to Mexican food, but feels less "heavy." It's hotter, both green and red chilis, but also the use of honey and many more organic ingredients. I'm going to search for one now.

New Mexico cuisine is very good, lots of creative moles, but the only place to really experience it is in northern New Mexico, Santa Fe area.

Many don't realize that Mexican cuisine varies as much as American cuisine. Oaxaca, Vera Cruz and Mexico City are as different as Boston, Louisiana and Kansas City.

Back in the '70s, I ordered steak and eggs at a restaurant in Sinaloa (it was on the menu). The waiter told me "First I must find a cow." About 45 minutes later, I realized he was not kidding.

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-10-2021 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you have proof that minority can't mean female, Vietnam era vet or White Hispanic, bring it.

Your aversion to the truth and those who speak it is called Political Correctness.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2021 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you have proof that minority can't mean female, Vietnam era vet or White Hispanic, bring it.

Your aversion to the truth and those who speak it is called Political Correctness.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...HTML/126867.html#p23

This is a perfect example of why you believe the things that you do.

Someone could say, "The sky is blue", but you would hear, "A cat ate my hippopotamus".
Then you would argue that it cannot be true because you are the only one who knows (for an absolute fact) that rhinoceroses have three eyeballs.

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2021 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Many don't realize that Mexican cuisine varies as much as American cuisine. Oaxaca, Vera Cruz and Mexico City are as different as Boston, Louisiana and Kansas City.

Absolutely. Same with Juarez, Durango, and Monterrey.

-Asked for flour tortilla tacos in a taco place in Juarez, every Mexican in earshot looked at me like I grew a third head, even just over the border there.

-The customer manager wanted to try a fancy Mexican/Japanese fusion restaurant in Monterrey. I love Japanese food, but THIS, some things should NOT be combined. Monterrey otherwise had the best overall Mexican food in the country (with the notable exception of Los Arbolitos, to date my only attempt at Mexican seafood. Never again.)

-Durango: By far the best Chinese food I've ever had. Some little hole in the wall place near the cathedral, the owner showed us a magazine the restaurant had been featured in, still can't remember the name of it. It's gotten SO hard to find good fried rice for some reason.

Overall though, prefer American Tex-Mex ANY day. Ground beef, cheese, sour cream on a tortilla, OR burritos and nachos, something you won't find basically anywhere in Mexico except maybe an Applebees?! HELL YEAH.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-10-2021 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Little willie the sky is blue overhead and orange to pink at the set Sun where I am.

When you have a point to make that isn't venomous hatred for the truth, well, you know by now to keep it to yourself because it'll get dismantled.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2021 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

...to date my only attempt at Mexican seafood. Never again.

I love Mexican seafood. I have mentioned here before that one of my very favorite dishes is the coctel campechana. One of my best memories of Mexico is getting up early one morning in Puerto Penasco while the girls were still asleep, walking down to Manny's and enjoying a coctel campechana, a Cuban Montrchristo and a few bottles of Dos Equis while watching the pelicans and listening to the waves.

Back in the '70s and '80s, you could get a lobster dinner in Mazatlan for the equivalent of less than $7 US.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2021 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 10-10-2021).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2021 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New Mexico cuisine is very good, lots of creative moles, but the only place to really experience it is in northern New Mexico, Santa Fe area.

Back in the '70s, I ordered steak and eggs at a restaurant in Sinaloa (it was on the menu). The waiter told me "First I must find a cow." About 45 minutes later, I realized he was not kidding.

Hahah! That's awesome.

But yes! I took a few vacations through New Mexico when I lived in Texas. Drove up through North Texas to Amarillo, and then took Route-66 down to Flagstaff. But along the way, I stayed in Albuquerque. I went there three times in total I think, and a New Mexican dinner was a requirement each time. We stayed at one restaurant that was supposed to be in the top 5. It was an older (but decent sized) home that had been converted to a restaurant. It was awesome because it was in the winter (it actually snowed while we were up there). So we had dinner by the fireplace in the main area, and oh man, I don't even know what I ordered but it was so fantastic.

The next time we went there, we ate at the restaurant that was located in the Albuquerque Cultural Center / Museum. The other place I don't remember so much, but man it was fantastic.

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

-The customer manager wanted to try a fancy Mexican/Japanese fusion restaurant in Monterrey. I love Japanese food, but THIS, some things should NOT be combined.

Hah, I would try that, seriously. I think it depends on which direction the fusion was going. Like... I would definitely try a sushi roll that was Mexican inspired. I'm thinking maybe yellow rice wrapped in a flour tortilla, with a spicy tempura shrimp in the center, and then fish egg on the outside... I don't know.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2021 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oops.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 10-10-2021).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2021 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, a fairly familiar scenario, MJ...
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2021 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

THAT IMAGE IS COMPLETELY UNREALISTIC

Anyone that has ever worked in a corporate environment knows that NONE of those people, other than Dave, would ever show up anywhere near where actual labor is being done.

OH, and Dave would still have a rope tied around him but nobody would be casually standing with his foot on the other end of it.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2021 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn, had no idea all those positions existed. In my last GM position I held all of them and yes, I even helped Dave out when he needed a break.

Rams
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2021 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave must not have been union then.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2021 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sourmash

4558 posts
Member since Jul 2016

Minority has nothing to do with White, so try to get educated. Women are minorities as are half Hispanics and Vietnam era vets.

So, were the other two any of the protected classes as well? I'm just curious.

Pretty certain it can be assumed that all 3 were, or at a minimum 2 were.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock