Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  President and first lady test positive for covid! (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
President and first lady test positive for covid! by williegoat
Started on: 10-02-2020 01:14 AM
Replies: 177 (2793 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 10-12-2020 01:41 PM
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

You remind me of Detective Arthur P. Dietrich of Barney Miller fame.

“Didn’t you go to law school?”

“Yea, that was after medical school.”

I'm kind of the under-achiever in my family.
IP: Logged
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Thanks IMSA. My wife is also now exhibiting symptoms, which started on Thursday, though her symptoms seem to be limited to general aches/pain, headache, chills. She has a test on Monday, and I will have a second test as well to confirm Thursday's test results.

We are both high risk with health factors that may cause this to be worse than in other cases. I have a pulse oximeter and am watching O2 levels. So far things are good in that regard, even with the shortness of breath. Coincidentally, I was antibody positive in June after an extremely bad "flu" in February that exhibited all of the same exact symptoms except the loss of smell/taste. I was sent home from the ER twice with good O2 levels at that time, but severe shortness of breath and dizziness when I stood up.

When speaking with my doctor yesterday about my positive test this week, he stated that repeat infections are entirely possible with Covid based on what we know thus far.

Either I had Covid in February as well, or I was asymptomatic at some point in time prior to June.

I am praying for your recovery and for your wife's as well.

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

I received my Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Purdue University

I received my Masters Degree in Composite Materials Science from the University of Florida, Gainesville

I received my Masters Degree in Biomedical Engineering from the University of South Florida, Tampa

I have 12 U.S. Patents, 10 of which are for medical devices and 6 of those are for devices specifically intended to reduce blood borne, nosocomial, infections and two of the 10 are for needleless access for parenteral, (injection), pharmaceuticals. The remaining two I invented for use with cytotoxic pharmaceuticals to mitigate exposure for practitioners.

Over 20 years of my career has also been spent dealing directly with the FDA in obtaining clearances (both PMAs and 510K).

It was my work with nosocomial infection reduction that led to invitations to participate in 2 programs with the NIH where I met Tony Fauci.

(My colleagues and I considered him to be an arrogant little prick who contributed absolutely nothing to the projects)

I am presently enrolled in law school (1st year) at Stetson University College of Law *

You may rest assured in the certain knowledge that NONE of the above were, or ever will be, achieved by reading random crap on the internet.

David Dunning and Justin Kruger might be reading some of the COV-2 discussions on the internet and applauding each other for their, now well validated, insight.

Additionally, if someone isn't conducting a study of the prevalence of hypochondria in the population right now they are missing a golden opportunity.

* While I may never actually practice law, obtaining a JD is something I wanted to do and did not have time for until I retired.

We have the same Alma mater for my graduate degree

Let me know when you’ve published some peer-reviewed studies contradicting any of the currently published work out there on the effectiveness of masks. If masks aren’t effective, the scientific community, and all people in the world, would like to know!
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2020 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An acquaintance told me that someone I went to high school with had it and his statement was that he just could barely breathe. Not only is this 2nd hand info, but so is the accounting of the COVID diagnosis. This guy was an O-lineman in high school and possibly obese then (fatty) so it's a practical assumption that he isn't fit in his 50s.

Again, it's second hand info. In this house we only personally know of 1 person who was positively diagnosed. And I hear about the high percentage of false positives on programs.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2020 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sourmash

4558 posts
Member since Jul 2016
We're going to shut down the nation (world) so we don't overload hospitals. Meanwhile another acquaintance's wife was furloughed from the hospital she worked out due to lack of work. This at the same time of all the Tik-Toc vids of healthcare workers dancing with nothing to do. My own family member had no workload in medical billing. The company is now downsizing it's office spaces.

We've decided 3' distance is enough for social distancing so we're going to mandate 6' distancing with unofficial community activists to troll people for walking the opposite way down an aisle or standing 5' away from another person.

And then there's the masks with no sealing around the face and fabric holes 100 times larger than the potential particulate they're supposed to withhold. Oh, and the clear face shields that don't inhibit any breathing at all....

Yeah, I believe every word they're telling us while I myself have never met anyone with this virus.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw Here:

HOUSTON PHYSICIAN DR. STELLA IMMANUEL GOES TO WASHINGTON TO ANNOUNCE THE COVID-19 CURE

Censored by You Tube, Twitter, Instagram ... Thank you BIG PHARMA.

So, I wonder if it's Dr Immanuel who's been entrusted with the COVID-19 care for the President?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-04-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Let me know when you’ve published some peer-reviewed studies contradicting any of the currently published work out there on the effectiveness of masks.

Perhaps you could explain precisely why you believe I would do that.

While I'm waiting for your explanation maybe you could direct me to one of your research papers or studies.

Would I find them on Elsevier Journal or Research Gate perhaps?

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 10-04-2020).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is Biden showing signs of Covid infection now?

https://twitter.com/ali/status/1312579580667064322
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

So, I wonder if it's Dr Immamuel who's been entrusted with the COVID-19 care for the President?

Oh I'm sure you do,...... but you need "wonder" no more.

The President is being treated by a team of physicians at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, all of whom, with the exception of the President's personal physician Dr. Conley, are affiliated with the Military Medical Center.

Here are 10 of them:

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The President is being treated by a team of physicians at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, all of whom, with the exception of the President's personal physician Dr. Conley, are affiliated with the Military Medical Center.

Pfft... what do those guys know? Dr Immanuel has apparently had a 100% rate of success treating COVID-19 with Hydroxychloroquine. She's the real deal. Just ask Trump!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-04-2020).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

God forbid that anyone stays ill.

With that said...
If Trump packs it in, Pence would apparently be sworn in. Fair enough. Would he become the (R) candidate, by default? If it's after the election, and Trump "wins", would Pence stay there? Or would he have to "announce", and run?

If Biden packs it in... Would Kamala automatically become the (D) candidate? Or would she have to announce?

Would the election go forward, with either candidates VP becoming President by default? Or would we just have to postpone and start the process over? Several different possible scenarios. One thing I'm sure of... The bickering would be tremendous.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-04-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

God forbid that anyone stays ill.

With that said...
If Trump packs it in, Pence would apparently be sworn in. Fair enough. Would he become the (R) candidate, by default? If it's after the election, and Trump "wins", would Pence stay there? Or would he have to "announce", and run?

If Biden packs it in... Would Kamala automatically become the (D) candidate? Or would she have to announce?

Would the election go forward, with either candidates VP becoming President by default? Or would we just have to postpone and start the process over? Several different possible scenarios. One thing I'm sure of... The bickering would be tremendous.

Just happened to run on to this after reading your question.

AP EXPLAINS: What happens if a candidate for president dies?
https://www.aol.com/article...ident-dies/24639921/

WASHINGTON (AP) — It's a month before Election Day and President Donald Trump is in the hospital, infected with a virus that has killed more than 209,000 Americans. What happens in the election — already well underway — should his condition take a turn for the worse?

If the president is unable to serve, through illness or death, the 25th Amendment makes clear the powers of the presidency transfer to Vice President Mike Pence until the president regains the ability to perform his duties.

But what happens if a candidate for president dies before Election Day? Or right after? What happens if the winning candidate dies before Inauguration Day?

It's never happened in a country with a long transition between Election Day at the start of November and the start of a president's new term on Jan. 20. The Constitution, as well as state and federal election laws, would help guide the country through the process. But with no precedent, the outcome is far from certain.

The House of Representatives has the final say on who wins the presidency. Before the House might have to take charge, there are roles for political parties, state legislatures, the Electoral College, the courts and, most importantly, voters.

Here are some questions and answers about what might happen if a presidential candidate dies, before or after the election:

CAN POLITICAL PARTIES REPLACE A CANDIDATE WHO DIES?

Yes, but not this close to Election Day. Nearly 63 million ballots have already been sent to voters, with nearly 3 million votes already cast. The deadline for candidates to withdraw has passed in all but two states — South Carolina and Connecticut — and their deadlines are a few days away.

The date of the election is set by federal law — the Tuesday after the first Monday in November — which falls this year on Nov. 3. Only Congress can change the date of the election.

“It would be impossible to change ballots at this time without delaying the election and starting the voting process over again," said Richard Hasan, a law professor at the University of California–Irvine School of Law. “I don't think Congress is going to do that."

But it's important to remember that in a presidential election, voters aren't actually casting ballots for candidates. Instead, they are voting for slates of electors who will pick the president and vice president as members of the Electoral College. To win the presidency, a candidate must win the backing of a majority of electors — 270 — in the Electoral College.

In modern U.S. elections, the meeting of the Electoral College is essentially a ceremonial confirmation of the choice made by voters. This year, it will take place on Dec. 14. But if the winning candidate is no longer alive, it would be anything but routine.

"The question is, Who would the electors support?” said Richard Pildes, a constitutional law professor at New York University.

WHAT HAPPENS IF THE WINNING PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE DIES AFTER THE ELECTION?

The 20th Amendment says the term of the current president and vice president ends at noon on Jan. 20. There is no provision to extend it. The amendment also says if the president-elect dies, the vice president-elect shall be sworn in as president at the start of the new term.

However, the winning candidate doesn't become president-elect until a joint session of Congress counts the votes from the Electoral College and declares a winner, Pildes said.

By law, Congress is scheduled to formally receive the votes from the Electoral College on Jan. 6. The new Congress, which will be elected in November and sworn into office on Jan. 3, will preside.

WHAT HAPPENS IF THE WINNING CANDIDATE DIES BEFORE CONGRESS DECLARES A WINNER?

“That’s the worst, most confusing time,” said John Fortier, director of governmental studies at the Bipartisan Policy Center. “They are going to have to figure out what to do with (Electoral College) votes cast for a candidate who has died.”

If the winning candidate dies before the Electoral College meets, the electors could coalesce around a replacement candidate recommended by the party, perhaps the vice presidential candidate.

“For the most part, these people are picked because they are loyal party people," Fortier said. “You could have a few stray here or there, but they are not rebels.”

A party's electors would have an incentive to coalesce around one candidate, he said, because they wouldn't want to risk throwing the election to the other party. But there is no guarantee they would all agree on a replacement candidate.

AdChoices
Some states have laws that require electors to vote for the presidential candidate who won the statewide vote; other states could quickly pass laws governing the electors in the event that a candidate dies.

“The party can say what the party wants, but the states would decide what to do with those electors,” Hasan said.

The Supreme Court ruled unanimously in July that states may require electors to support the candidate picked by voters in the election. However, the court left open what would happen if the candidate dies.

“Nothing in this opinion should be taken to permit the states to bind electors to a deceased candidate," Justice Elena Kagan wrote in a footnote to her majority opinion.

If this happens, expect litigation.

WHAT IS THE ROLE OF CONGRESS?

The 12th Amendment to the Constitution gives Congress the final say on who is elected president and vice president. Congress decides whether to accept or reject slates of electors from the Electoral College and to determine whether a candidate has won the required 270 electoral votes to become president.

As a check on this power, both the House and Senate must agree to reject a slate of electors. If the two chambers don't agree, the electors get counted under federal law, said Michael Morley, an assistant law professor at Florida State University.

If no candidate reaches 270 electoral votes, the House chooses the president and the Senate chooses the vice president, in a process spelled out in the Constitution.

In the House, each state delegation gets one vote for president, and they must choose among the three candidates who received the most votes in the Electoral College. Currently, Republicans have a majority in 26 state delegations, but the numbers could change after the November elections and a new Congress takes office.

The Senate would choose the vice president by a simple majority vote.

Election experts said they wouldn't expect the courts to play a role at this point because the Constitution clearly grants Congress the authority to resolve a disputed election for president.

The Supreme Court did effectively decide the 2000 presidential election in favor of Republican George W. Bush by ending the recount in Florida. But the court's ruling came before the Electoral College votes were presented to Congress.

“It is really in Congress’ hands after the electors have voted,” Fortier said.

HAS CONGRESS EVER HAD TO DECIDE THE OUTCOME?

Congress has decided three presidential elections, but it's been almost 150 years, according to a history of the House published by the chamber.

In 1800, Thomas Jefferson and Aaron Burr tied in the Electoral College vote, with 73 electors apiece. After six days of debate and 36 ballots, the House chose Jefferson as the nation's third president.

In 1824, Andrew Jackson won a a plurality of the popular vote and the most Electoral College votes. But he failed to reach a majority in a four-candidate race, and the House chose one of his opponents, John Quincy Adams, to become the nation's sixth president. Jackson won the presidency four years later.

Congress also helped choose the president following the election in 1876 between Republican Rutherford B. Hayes and Democrat Samuel Tilden. Tilden won the popular vote and the electoral count. But Republicans challenged the results in three Southern states, which had submitted slates of electors for both candidates, according to the House history.

To resolve the dispute, Congress set up a bipartisan commission of House members, senators and Supreme Court justices. After cutting a deal to remove federal troops from the South, ending Reconstruction following the Civil War, the commission voted along party lines to award the presidency to Hayes.

But, I'm betting some things would get decided in a courtroom.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 10-04-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pfft... what do those guys know? Dr Immanuel has apparently had a 100% rate of success treating COVID-19 with Hydroxychloroquine. She's the real deal. Just ask Trump!

Just like you need wonder no more as to who is treating the President, we all, (except you apparently), do not wonder, but know exactly what the President said about her:

"I don't know which country she comes from, but she said that she's had tremendous success with hundreds of different patients," Trump said. "And I thought her voice was an important voice, but I know nothing about her."

The rest of us are still left wondering why you Leftists have such an allergy and aversion to truth.

Maybe a vaccine would help.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 10-04-2020).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A truth serum?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

We're going to shut down the nation (world) so we don't overload hospitals. Meanwhile another acquaintance's wife was furloughed from the hospital she worked out due to lack of work. This at the same time of all the Tik-Toc vids of healthcare workers dancing with nothing to do. My own family member had no workload in medical billing. The company is now downsizing it's office spaces.

We've decided 3' distance is enough for social distancing so we're going to mandate 6' distancing with unofficial community activists to troll people for walking the opposite way down an aisle or standing 5' away from another person.

And then there's the masks with no sealing around the face and fabric holes 100 times larger than the potential particulate they're supposed to withhold. Oh, and the clear face shields that don't inhibit any breathing at all....

Yeah, I believe every word they're telling us while I myself have never met anyone with this virus.

I've never met anyone with leprosy, TB, SARS, Muscular Dystrophy, and last winter, didn't know anyone that had the flu.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perhaps you could explain precisely why you believe I would do that.

While I'm waiting for your explanation maybe you could direct me to one of your research papers or studies.

Would I find them on Elsevier Journal or Research Gate perhaps?

Don posted about the effectiveness of masks. You replied to him commenting with sarcasm about all of the new internet experts.

If you’re going to disagree with what was posted, then disagree with some data. It is not up to me to do your work for you. Plenty of studies have already been published, which is where I tend to draw my conclusions from.

Science evolves. I’m always willing to change my tune. So if you don’t agree with what was posted, then say so, with your peer-reviewed studies!

Or was your comment just to show off your trophies and walk back out? Not really sure what point you were making otherwise.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don posted about the effectiveness of masks. You replied to him commenting with sarcasm about all of the new internet experts.

If you’re going to disagree with what was posted, then disagree with some data. It is not up to me to do your work for you. Plenty of studies have already been published, which is where I tend to draw my conclusions from.

Science evolves. I’m always willing to change my tune. So if you don’t agree with what was posted, then say so, with your peer-reviewed studies!

Or was your comment just to show off your trophies and walk back out? Not really sure what point you were making otherwise.

"maryjane": "The un-informed nature of certain demographics never ceases to amaze me."

"randye" : "The number of people who think that they are epidemiologists, physicians, public health experts or biomedical engineers because they attended the "University of Internet" for the past 6 months never ceases to amaze me."

1. NOWHERE in any of that did I even once make mention of masks. Read it over again slowly several times if you need to.

2. The idea of "commenting with sarcasm" is all YOURS. You are not free to define my intent for me.

3. I mentioned my achievements because "maryjane" specifically mentioned them in HIS subsequent comment and put question to where they were earned.

Originally posted by maryjane:

I have no idea where you got your degree(s) but if you say you acquired them from reading some random crap on the internet, so be it.

Furthermore, my achievements are not "trophies" as you call them. They were not won. They were EARNED by hard work just like everything worthwhile in life is earned.

4. If you have trouble discerning a point to a discussion that's your problem, not mine, and frankly I DON'T CARE, but to reiterate just for you:

Reading random crap on the internet does NOT make you an epidemiologist, a physician, a public health expert or a biomedical engineer.

5. NONE of my comments in this thread, prior to you inserting yourself, had ANYTHING to do with YOU and despite your obvious attempts to make this some sort of inane, personal, back and forth with me I'm not going to play that game with you.

I’m always willing to change my tune.

Now would be a great time to start.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 10-05-2020).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, what a day. Sunday. I've heard of drive-by's, drive-by shootings--who hasn't? But drive-by pandemics? That's a new one. And how about the President? Finally figured out the best way to get himself schooled up on 'rona was to catch it himself.

We've got a great show tonight.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-05-2020).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

(snip)

We've got a great show tonight.

Rinselberg's favorite anchorman?

(The most trusted name in news)
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now would be a great time to start.

Ahh, so it was option B—you just wanted to show off your trophies!
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-05-2020 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trophies aren't just door prizes. Not to antagonize, but...pretty sure Michael Phelps earned his trophies. Most people earn their trophies.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 10-05-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

3. I mentioned my achievements because "maryjane" specifically mentioned them in HIS subsequent comment and put question to where they were earned.

That is patently NOT what I said.

For proper context and clarity, go back to my original statement on the page previous to this one and start over.

You did correctly point out that those "letters after a name" are indeed EARNED and just acquired from reading some random crap on the internet.

That IS what you said.. wasn't it?

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-05-2020 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are not free to define my intent for me.

Grab a mirror.
After you’re done kissing it & congratulating yourself for the awesomeness you think is you, take a moment to reflect;

Labeling others and applying intent is all you ever do.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

https://twitter.com/ali/status/1312579580667064322

I'm not so sure.

Drudge (whore that he is) doesn't even seem to be reporting it.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...we all, (except you apparently), do not wonder, but know exactly what the President said about her:

Explain to me how this works... are you all connected to some sort of hive mentality, where you all know each other's thoughts? Fascinating!

"I don't know which country she comes from, but she said that she's had tremendous success with hundreds of different patients," Trump said. "And I thought her voice was an important voice, but I know nothing about her."

Let that sink in for a bit... the President of the United States of America is at a news conference, and in regards to a critical situation which is killing hundreds of thousands of people world-wide, Trump announces the "tremendous success" this preacher/doctor has (supposedly) had treating COVID-19... and then adds... "but I know nothing about her". Wow... and this man is "Leader of the Free World"??!!!

The rest of us are still left wondering...

Tell me, were you nominated/elected for this position of spokesperson, or are you self-appointed? I'd wager on the latter.

Maybe a vaccine would help.

Sorry, you're out of luck. There is no vaccine against narcissism and arrogance.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-05-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dr. Conley said he will be receiving the same 24hr medical care at the White House that he is currently receiving at Walter Reed. He isn't being discharged, he's being transferred into "at home care".
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...and this man is "Leader of the Free World"??!!!

Yes he is.

Meanwhile just north of the United States is THIS clown show:

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Vin Gupta

MD, MPA, MSc. Affiliate Assistant Professor of Health Metrics Sciences at the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) at the University of Washington in Seattle.. Pulmonary and Critical Care physician who has been attending to Covid-19 patients. Frequent on-air guest and contributor on the MSNBC television network.

Dr Gupta has been and continues to be my favorite "color commentator" during the President's 'rona. Dr Gupta provides the MSNBC viewer with a strong "Inside Medicine" perspective on the President's case, drawing on his (Gupta's) extraordinary background and expertise. His professional "bio" is online at the University of Washington website. There's more about him (quite a bit more) on the Vin Gupta webpage.

Take it from me: there's no better way to follow the President's case.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Meanwhile just north of the United States is THIS clown show:

Ha... that's your entire rebuttal to my post? A picture of Trudeau visiting India? I'm sure it wouldn't be all that difficult to find some interesting photos or videos of Donald Trump... perhaps some of him messing about with his good buddy Jeffrey Epstein.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-05-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That IS what you said.. wasn't it?

That is patently NOT what I said.

For proper context and clarity, go back to my original statement on the page previous to this one and start over.

You did correctly point out that those "letters after a name" are indeed EARNED and just acquired from reading some random crap on the internet.

Thanks for prompting me to correct my error.

The sentence should have read:

"You did correctly point out that those "letters after a name" are indeed EARNED and NOT just acquired from reading some random crap on the internet."

Whether one becomes informed from reading medical articles off the internet, written by many of the top medical people in the world or reading the same from textbooks or listening to them in university classrooms or assigned by professors makes no difference.

It actually makes a LOT of difference which is why people that just read random crap on the "University of Internet" are not licensed to treat patients, prescribe drugs, make diagnoses, perform surgery, practice pharmacy, practice dentistry, practice law and a multitude of other things.

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It actually makes a LOT of difference which is why people that just read random crap on the "University of Internet" are not licensed to treat patients, prescribe drugs, make diagnoses, perform surgery, practice pharmacy, practice dentistry, practice law and a multitude of other things.

Damn! There go my plans for the weekend.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Not at all. You're just "not licensed." Go for it!

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I understand your disappointment, but there is still hope for you:

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Just happened to run on to this after reading your question.

<snip>

But, I'm betting some things would get decided in a courtroom.

Rams

Thanks for sharing this. It clears up a great deal. Not everything, but a great deal, nonetheless. (And yeah... a courtroom. As I alluded to, earlier, this could turn into a big G-D cluster-fest.)

Too bad that most everyone else is too busy pissing on everyone else's shoes to, you know, actually discuss the topic at hand. Gets tiring.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-05-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for sharing this. It clears up a great deal. Not everything, but a great deal, nonetheless. (And yeah... a courtroom. As I alluded to, earlier, this could turn into a big G-D cluster-fest.)

Too bad that most everyone else is too busy pissing on everyone else's shoes to, you know, actually discuss the topic at hand. Gets tiring.

I agree and I believe that one of the important points made by the article that Ron posted is:

" If no candidate reaches 270 electoral votes, the House chooses the president and the Senate chooses the vice president, in a process spelled out in the Constitution.
In the House, each state delegation gets one vote for president,
and they must choose among the three candidates who received the most votes in the Electoral College

As of July, 2020 a total of 27 state caucuses in the U.S. House are majority Republican.

That will undoubtedly crush the fantasies of a lot of Leftists.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I agree and I believe that one of the important points made by the article that Ron posted is:

" If no candidate reaches 270 electoral votes, the House chooses the president and the Senate chooses the vice president, in a process spelled out in the Constitution.
In the House, each state delegation gets one vote for president,
and they must choose among the three candidates who received the most votes in the Electoral College

That will undoubtedly crush the fantasies of a lot of Leftists.

As I said... "cluster-fest".
Regardless of what the Constitution says, the litigation would likely go on for months. And when it's over, nobody would be satisfied. (You heard it here first.)
Kind of like the present day situation.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As I said... "cluster-fest".
Regardless of what the Constitution says, the litigation would likely go on for months. And when it's over, nobody would be satisfied. (You heard it here first.)
Kind of like the present day situation.

I'm a little more optimistic than that.

The Bush v Gore court debacle went on for 36 days and that length of time was partially due to the novelty of that kind of litigation over a presidential election 20 years ago.

Case law has refined things a bit since then.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13838 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Take it from me: there's no better way to follow the President's case.

Except from HIS OWN PHYSICIANS

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2020 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You had to know that the Free Range Lunatics would check in sooner or later:

"According to one surprisingly popular conspiracy theorist named Richard Van Steenberg, President Donald Trump contracted the novel coronavirus on purpose. But why would anyone do that, you ask? It’s because (you might want to sit down and grab a stiff drink for this one) he believes that Trump is an immortal alien who is planning to “shed his mortal flesh and shapeshift into something else.”

https://hotair.com/archives...hape-shifting-alien/

That whackjob has a bright future at CNN or MSLSD. He would fit right in.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock