Started on: 02-11-2020 03:52 PM
Replies: 146 (2369 views)
Last post by: MadMark on 03-18-2020 05:27 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2020 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tis a long road yet, and most states don't have a 'winner takes all' thing for delegates. It's a % of the vote in rewarded delegates but not a 1:1 percentage.

This has changed since Booty, Klob and Steyer dropped out but gives you a pretty good idea.
https://www.vox.com/2020/3/...contested-convention

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-02-2020).]

IP: Logged
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2020 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Tis a long road yet, and most states don't have a 'winner takes all' thing for delegates. It's a % of the vote in rewarded delegates but not a 1:1 percentage.

This has changed since Booty, Klob and Steyer dropped out but gives you a pretty good idea.
https://www.vox.com/2020/3/...contested-convention

Oh My! A brokered Democrat convention?

Will it be a repeat of Chicago 1968, along with tear gas festooned riots?

Will the party apparatchiks, (also known as Sooper Dooper Delegates), be required to smoke cigars while they make backroom deals?

Who could have imagined it would be this much fun to watch a major US political party destroy itself?

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-03-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2020 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2016 was also a brokered convention...or more aptly stated, a broken convention with the backroom deals being run by hrc's lackeys at Sander's expense. I don't like Sanders one bit, but one couldn't help but feel a little sorry for the way he was treated by that cycle's 'anointed one'.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2020 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

2016 was also a brokered convention...or more aptly stated, a broken convention with the backroom deals being run by hrc's lackeys at Sander's expense. I don't like Sanders one bit, but one couldn't help but feel a little sorry for the way he was treated by that cycle's 'anointed one'.

Yes, there was that, but my mention of Chicago 68' is based on the question of what the Bern Victims might do.

They're certainly not anything like the SDS and Yippies of 68'.

They are way too soft for any serious riot, but their "communist paramilitary arm", Antifa, might provide some "entertainment".

I NEVER felt one bit sorry for Comrade Sanders. I never feel any pity or sorrow for the misfortunes or demise of any Marxist.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-03-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2020 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hearing rumors of a Biden/Beto ticket.
A sure loser in my state.
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2020 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hearing rumors of a Biden/Beto ticket.
A sure loser in my state.

If you're gonna go, go big.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2020 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19334 posts
Member since Mar 2009
The left is out en masse today to decide who will be the next FDR/JFK/LBJ and these are their choices:
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2020 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19334 posts
Member since Mar 2009
I don't know how they can call things with so few votes reporting, but they are calling Virginia for Ol' Joe and Vermont for Bernie. No surprises there.

On a side note: Bernie will be here for a rally on Thursday, at the same venue as the Trump rally two weeks ago. It will be interesting to see if he pulls the same size crowd.

American Samoa is in and it is Bloomberg > Gabbard > Sanders > Biden. Who lives in Samoa?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-03-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2020 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Samoa Joe?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2020 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Who lives in Samoa?

The people that make those Girl Scout cookies?

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2020 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew Gabbard was Hindu, so I never considered that she and her father were both born in American Samoa. I guess that is why she came out of nowhere, there. But Why Bloomberg?
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2020 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have done my duty today and voted, including voting on some Propositions....
What each says:
prop 1. “Texas should not restrict or prohibit prayer in public schools.” Yes

prop 2 “Texas should reject restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms” Yes

prop 3 “Texas should ban the practice of taxpayer-funded lobbying, which allows your tax dollars to be spent on lobbyists who work against the taxpayer.” Yes

prop 4 “Texas should support the construction of a physical barrier and use existing defense-grade surveillance equipment along the entire southern border of Texas.” HELL YES!

prop 5 “Texas parents or legal guardians of public school children under the age of 18 should be the sole decision makers for all their children’s healthcare decisions including, but not limited to psychological assessment and treatment, contraception and sex education.” yes

prop 6 “Texas should ban chemical castration, puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, and genital mutilation surgery on all minor children for transition purposes, given that Texas children as young as three (3) are being transitioned from their biological sex to the opposite sex.” yes

prop 7 “Texas should protect and preserve all historical monuments, artifacts and buildings such as the Alamo Cenotaph and should oppose any reimagining of the Alamo site.” Yes

prop 8 “Texas election officials should heed the directives of the Office of the Governor to purge illegal voters from the voter rolls and verify that each new registered voter is an U.S. citizen.” yes

prop 9 “Bail in Texas should be based only on a person’s danger to society and risk of flight and not that person’s ability to pay.” yes, but torn on the issue sometimes.

prop 10 “Texas should limit our state legislators’ terms to 12 years.” yes, but wish it were for fewer years.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-03-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2020 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What each says:

prop 2 “Texas should reject restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms” Yes

prop 3 “Texas should ban the practice of taxpayer-funded lobbying, which allows your tax dollars to be spent on lobbyists who work against the taxpayer.” Yes

prop 4 “Texas should support the construction of a physical barrier and use existing defense-grade surveillance equipment along the entire southern border of Texas.” HELL YES!

prop 5 “Texas parents or legal guardians of public school children under the age of 18 should be the sole decision makers for all their children’s healthcare decisions including, but not limited to psychological assessment and treatment, contraception and sex education.” yes

prop 6 “Texas should ban chemical castration, puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, and genital mutilation surgery on all minor children for transition purposes, given that Texas children as young as three (3) are being transitioned from their biological sex to the opposite sex.” yes

prop 7 “Texas should protect and preserve all historical monuments, artifacts and buildings such as the Alamo Cenotaph and should oppose any reimagining of the Alamo site.” Yes

prop 8 “Texas election officials should heed the directives of the Office of the Governor to purge illegal voters from the voter rolls and verify that each new registered voter is an U.S. citizen.” yes

prop 9 “Bail in Texas should be based only on a person’s danger to society and risk of flight and not that person’s ability to pay.” yes, but torn on the issue sometimes.

prop 10 “Texas should limit our state legislators’ terms to 12 years.” yes, but wish it were for fewer years.

Not knowing the details of each prop, it all sounds like good choices to me.

And Stupor Tuesday is looking like it is going to be Joe's resurrection.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2020 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you can get past all the subscription requests, here's an explanation of each Tx GOP Prop.
https://www.houstonchronicl...estions-15064792.php
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2020 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you can get past all the subscription requests, here's an explanation of each Tx GOP Prop.
https://www.houstonchronicl...estions-15064792.php

Thanks but, no thanks. I've learned to trust your judgement.

Besides that, I don't get to make any decisions on how Texas goes.

Rams
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2020 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Biden seems to be doing fine,
to mainstream liberals he's anodyne
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2020 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Biden seems to be doing fine,
to mainstream liberals he's anodyne

77-year old appealing to 70-year old boomer.

Youth vote wasn't much there for Bernie! Most likely won't be energized for the general again.

Biden can always use the "They will take away your social security" scare tactic. It's been used by the DNC for 50+ years. Works well though.

He will do worse than Gore though.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2020 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks to me like its brokered convention time in the Democratic Party. Biden won Texas and Bernie won California. No Democrat will have the votes necessary to win on the first ballot. Then the games start. Will the Democratic Party big wigs take the nomination from both Bernie and Biden and give it to someone else? Or will they send Biden to be slaughtered by Trump? Or will they actually give it to Bernie knowing the country is not that far left?

Its going to be an interesting political season.

Oh, and will Bloomie stop with the constant ads. It is very annoying. How much of your billions are you actually willing to spend, even when you can't get anyone to vote for you after spending 3/4 of a billion on TV ads??
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2020 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Micro Mike came down the pike
and spent a ton of dough.

But all his green couldn’t buy enough “likes”
and now this one must go.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-04-2020).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2020 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"This is a big F*cking deal."

Remember?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-04-2020).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 04:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Micro Mike came down the pike
and spent a ton of dough.

But all his green couldn’t buy enough “likes”
and now this one must go.

I guess he found out that running for President is harder than farming.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lizzy Warren took and ax
and gave her campaign forty whacks.

Then she packed her bags for home.
We all knew that she was done.

I have been trying to imagine a Bernie vs Biden debate. That is going to be so much fun.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-05-2020).]

Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What each says:
prop 1. “Texas should not restrict or prohibit prayer in public schools.” Yes ...

I am in awe of the clarity of the Titles on these Propositions. Get ready for that to change when the State flips Blue ...
Notorio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Notorio

2960 posts
Member since Oct 2003

Lizzy Warren took and ax
and gave her campaign forty whacks.

Then she packed her bags for home.
We all knew that she was done ...

That poem is priceless, and the historic nod to LB couldn't have found a better target. LW exudes such anger and zeal it has been hard to believe anyone would seriously support her. But now I've been wrong twice this week ... I was sure Bloomberg and Warren would stay in this until the Convention. Sleepy Joe vs Crazy Bernie, here we go
Notorio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Notorio

2960 posts
Member since Oct 2003
The Gray Lady has a page tracking who is still in the race and the dropouts. For a laugh check on the Trump highlights ...

Who’s Running for President in 2020?
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

The Gray Lady has a page tracking who is still in the race and the dropouts. For a laugh check on the Trump highlights ...

Who’s Running for President in 2020?

Who the heck wrote the Trump highlights, Bernie or Schumer. Or maybe Nadler or pencil neck.
Nope, no bias. No bias at all.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's the Times...what did you expect?
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's the Times...what did you expect?

Journalistic integrity!
But, I am obviously disappointed a lot.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

"This is a big F*cking deal."

Remember?

I guess an explanation is in order? I don't understand this post?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I guess an explanation is in order? I don't understand this post?

When they announced the signing of Obamacare.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-05-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What each says:

I would have voted in the same exact way as you did. But I can think of just as many reasons to not have limitations on terms as having limits. A couple of outstanding reasons for term limits are nancy, barbara, chuck, berne........

All I had to vote on were 2 propositions to bond billions into schools. I never vote yes on money that takes 35 years to pay back, to go into a toilet of an education system. California has consistently had one of the worst education systems in America while at the same time being one of the most expensive. BUT every election year like clockwork, bonds to make the broken system even more expensive are regularly past by the voters.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

Bernie won California....

I'm shocked.

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I would have voted in the same exact way as you did. But I can think of just as many reasons to not have limitations on terms as having limits. A couple of outstanding reasons for term limits are nancy, barbara, chuck, berne........

All I had to vote on were 2 propositions to bond billions into schools. I never vote yes on money that takes 35 years to pay back, to go into a toilet of an education system. California has consistently had one of the worst education systems in America while at the same time being one of the most expensive. BUT every election year like clockwork, bonds to make the broken system even more expensive are regularly past by the voters.

And guess what. California was one of the first if not the first state to grant free college to their residents. Just like Bernie, Biden and the rest of the Democratic Party wants to do to the rest of the US. And what did they achieve? Bankruptcy.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well now that Warren has dropped out of the race, both Sanders and Biden are trying to get her endorsement and her supporters.
Warren is a wary competitor and will most likely get something for selling out to either competitor. I'm going to suggest a cabinet position if her side wins.

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2020 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't seen how all the Tx Mar 3 propositions did, but the one regarding the Alamo passed with 97% approval.
https://www.expressnews.com...project-15108419.php
Today, in History, Mar 6 1836, The Alamo fell.

I may not can remember much, but I'll always Remember The Alamo.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-06-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2020 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, six states are up for grabs tomorrow and the propaganda merchants don't seem to care. I think the fix is in and the excitement has gone on vacation.

Why watch a Charlie Can movie if you already know the butler did it?

I will watch the debate on Sunday. It will not be between Joe and Bernie, but rather Melpomene and Thalia.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2020 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to enjoy voting in the primary tomorrow. I can actually get a vote in for my favorite communist. What fun.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2020 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

I am going to enjoy voting in the primary tomorrow. I can actually get a vote in for my favorite communist. What fun.

My favorite communist is Vladimir Lenin.

Why is he my favorite?
Because he has that one special quality that I look for in every communist: He is dead.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2020 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last night I saw a rally in Detroit City.
They dreamed about free healthcare and free homes.
They dreamed that my mother aborted my sister and brother.
And if you dream about being a girl, you'll be right at home.

Joe Biden, go home,
Bernie, please go home.
Oh, how I want the Dems to go home.

The Dems are tearing themselves apart from the inside out. There were several scuffles between the Bernieites and the Bidenistas at the Ol' Joe show in motor city last night.

Someone rolled out a Nazi flag at the Bernie bash here last week.

They are nothing if they are not entertaining. What will these zany zealots do next?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-10-2020).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock