Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Hudini...from your unique perspective, thoughts on the new Chinese corona virus (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hudini...from your unique perspective, thoughts on the new Chinese corona virus by maryjane
Started on: 01-22-2020 01:32 AM
Replies: 1454 (20623 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 01-02-2021 09:04 AM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2020 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The TV was on just providing background noise so, you both are probably correct. Admittedly I wasn't concentrating on it. But, the good news is a bunch of folks were able to get off of some ship somewhere. Yeah, I know I need to pay more attention.
I did hear that a cruise ship docked in NJ was leaving at 3:00 PM today (on another cruise) after having several passengers isolated due to an over abundance of caution from the previous voyage. That, is/was a good thing in my opinion. I assume the ship was sanitized prior to boarding.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 02-10-2020).]

IP: Logged
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2020 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I assume the ship was sanitized prior to boarding.

Rams

"Sanitized For Your Protection"

Welcome Aboard!

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-10-2020).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2020 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At least they flushed it before they took the picture and the water looks clear...I'd have to go out back and come back in the house missing a sock or one sleeve before I pooped in that one.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2020 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The website with the data for this new virus has the deaths up over 1000 total deaths. Also up over 2500 new cases to 42,859. Almost all of the deaths and the cases are still within China proper. And there is some new evidence that the flu virus may stay active and infectious for 9 days on things like door knobs and other room temperature items. That is not a good thing is this virus stays viable outside of a human body. I would caution though that this is the first report confirming that, so you might want to take it with a grain of salt or two.

https://www.studyfinds.org/..._campaign=syndicated
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-10-2020 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm honestly taking the whole thing with a grain of salt. At this point, if it's going to spread then it's going to and there ain't one damn thing anybody can do about it.

50 years ago it was a good idea to hide under a desk with a book over your head if 20 megatons was about to be planted in your azz. For all the good that would do.

We are seeing same sheet, different different bogeyman. Nobody outruns the reaper.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2020 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few days ago I thought I saw Chinese officials forcing people into vans. Today I hear they are forcing people into quaranteen camps. Overpowered by authorities.

Did they finish up their new hospitals ?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-10-2020 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw the same video Cliff. And reports of people sealed inside their homes by force.

If you read between the lines of twitter, GLP, LunaticOutpost, and a few others...

All hell has broken loose trying... And failing.. To contain this. And it's one hell of a lot worse than official numbers.

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2020 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's the flu. It does what flu has always done. There is a reason it's still on this earth. I'm hoping that come Spring it will abate as the flu always does. Then during the summer the companies that make flu shots will add it to their mix for the fall. This is what happened during the Swine flu outbreak.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

It's the flu. It does what flu has always done. There is a reason it's still on this earth. I'm hoping that come Spring it will abate as the flu always does. Then during the summer the companies that make flu shots will add it to their mix for the fall. This is what happened during the Swine flu outbreak.

That is what I am hoping for too. I just hope we can get to that Spring without much more deaths. It appears from the official numbers that the number of new infections has slightly slowed down in the last two days. Maybe this is the turning point where we see some results from the Chinese shutdown and quarantines. Even if the new infections slow down I believe there will be a lag between that time and when the death rates turn downward. That is because the death rate will always lag behind the infection rate, and with this flu it might be two weeks or more before the death rate itself turns down.

And this is all based on whether the official numbers are actually true.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, 50 yrs ago, it was 'duck and cover' which actually would afford 'some' protection from falling & flying debris.
Nowadays it's morons and conspiracy theories..

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-11-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are just as delusional as President Trump [/sarcasm]

Heh, Quid Pro Joe was on Morning Joe (MSNBC) this morning. Joe's wife Nika, and Joe's 'educated' guest panel were speaking at a live venue (diner ?) when Quid Pro Joe said that same thing was the President's thoughts.
The laughter erupted as though they made a case that the President was stupid. Exposing their own stupidity.

PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-11-2020 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What happens if there are not enough body bags for the dead? China puts three to a bag.

NOT posting linkie. Sad stuff.

Edit: Or, what if a US hospital released a coronavirus patient by mistake?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifes...kenly-141345360.html

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 02-11-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-11-2020 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
Edit: Or, what if a US hospital released a coronavirus patient by mistake?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifes...kenly-141345360.html

Ummm.... Oopppsss, sorry about that I guess.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

What happens if there are not enough body bags for the dead? China puts three to a bag.

I read that China was burning bodies of victims. They're saying that it's contributing to the smog, in Wuhan.
(I read it on the internet. It's gotta be true. Right?)
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-11-2020 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How does 60-80% of the globe sound?

https://www.theguardian.com...ion?CMP=share_btn_tw
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
could...may...might.
The Guardian's 3 most popular words....as in "An asteroid could and might come crashing thru my roof tonight and kill me dead here in front of my laptop...'could'.."
It's predominantly left leaning readers (The Guardianista) seem to believe it's every word tho.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-11-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

An asteroid could and might come crashing thru my roof tonight and kill me dead here in front of my laptop.

Can I have your laptop tomorrow?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure Pat...maybe I will even give you the log on password.....of course, it might be a case of debris entanglement like this old blast from the past....

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

....of course, it might be a case of debris entanglement like this old blast from the past.

By the way, duck if you see a piano (or cow).

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much info in this little report.

"BISMARCK, N.D. — Three people in North Dakota are being monitored for symptoms of the coronavirus.
According to the North Dakota Department of Health, the three people have voluntarily quarantined themselves.
"During this process, the individuals will stay out of public places and will be checked on every day to monitor for illness," said Kirby Kruger, director of the state health department's Division of Disease Control. "These individuals are cooperating completely with the state health department."

https://www.kare11.com/arti...2d-be8b-c7a9b83090f2

I would have to guess they've been to China...
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-12-2020 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the figures for tonight are not good at all. The rate of infection was slowing down but tonight the rate of infection jumped to 60k from 45k. And the deaths jumped over 300 just in one day. That is not good and shows that the Chinese government just tried to catch up to the real figures or if this is a real actual jump the rate of new infections just went extremely parabolic.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It didn't really make sense did it Mark?
On the 10th of Feb the total infections was 42,300.
24 hrs later on the 11th, it was listed at 44,300...a 2000 jump.
24 hrs after that Feb 12 it was only 44,700...only 300 new infections in the same time period that had previously run several thousand??

Now, Feb 13 it suddenly increased by over 15,000 in 24 hrs....something is amiss. Even accounting for a 'several thousand' error between the 11th and 12th, the current increase is a notable sea change.

Equally concerning is that only about 1/10 of the total infections inside China have recovered. 5,968 of 60,286.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No it didn't maryjane. Some drastically changed. For a few days it seemed like it was leveling off away from an exponential increase. Like it was close to peaking. Then wham 15k in one day.

And I noted before that the recovery rate was way low. So to me that was troubling.

Today's new infections are very troubling to me. If it stays high like today. China first then the world will be in dire straights. The number of sick people especially those seriously sick is going to reach a point where they can't take proper care of the sick. Once that happens the death rate will accelerate drastically.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe the guy who was responsible for updating the numbers died was home sick for a few days and when he was replaced returned to work he had to catch up.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just found an article on BBC that said China change their standard/definition of who has the virus which is what caused the jump today. I am not sure how this will affect things down the road. So maybe it wasn't as bad as I originally thought.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I read the same BBC article, and another from Financial Times..and the FT article said many people aren't able to get to a DR because no one is allowed to drive or take public transportation. Stand in a long line to be seen and even then may have to go back home and get back in a new line the next day, after walking several miles to get to the Dr.
Supposedly, most of China outside of Wuhan returned to work yesterday . Not sure how that is going to affect infection rates...

I have an internet acquaintance on another board whose father-in-law is still sequestered on the cruise ship in Japan. They've all lawyer ed up, wanting to get off the ship.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-12-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69655 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Tonight:
.Another 44 people have tested positive for the novel coronavirus aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship docked in Yokohama, Japanese health minister Katsunobu Kato said on Thursday.

This bring the total number of cases on the ship to 219, including one Japanese quarantine officer -- the largest outbreak of the virus outside of mainland China.)
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Maybe the guy who was responsible for updating the numbers died was home sick for a few days and when he was replaced returned to work he had to catch up.

According to the gov you are not far off. New people, new reporting procedures.

"China also replaced its top officials in Hubei and its capital, Wuhan.

Former Shanghai Mayor Ying Yong succeeds Jiang Chaoliang as the ruling Communist Party's chief in the beleaguered province, the Xinhua state news agency reported, while Wang Zhonglin will take over from Ma Guoqiang as the party secretary in Wuhan."

http://www.startribune.com/...epicenter/567825772/
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

According to the gov you are not far off. New people, new reporting procedures.

"China also replaced its top officials in Hubei and its capital, Wuhan.

Former Shanghai Mayor Ying Yong succeeds Jiang Chaoliang as the ruling Communist Party's chief in the beleaguered province, the Xinhua state news agency reported, while Wang Zhonglin will take over from Ma Guoqiang as the party secretary in Wuhan."

http://www.startribune.com/...epicenter/567825772/

And, that's not surprising either.

Following his death, hundreds of thousands of people posted demands for free speech online -- that were themselves quickly scrubbed by the censors.

As the outrage threatened to boil over, Beijing quickly dispatched an anti-corruption task force to Wuhan and surrounding Hubei province -- the epicenter of the outbreak -- with the clear implication that they would come back with some scalps to assuage public anger.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2020 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is either better safe than sorry, or "oh, sheet. We're screwed. "

https://www.militarytimes.c...oronavirus-pandemic/

I'm kind of thinking the latter.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 02-13-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2020 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CONVID-19
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vaccine has been made in a San Diego lab. The lab expects it to be ready for human testing by summer.

https://www.foxbusiness.com...irus-vaccine-3-hours
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69655 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Add about 4000 more cases. China is becoming more red all the time.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Chinese gov is using blood from folks who have recovered from the virus to help the very sick in hospitals. Supposedly 11 of the most sick are doing better.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Add about 4000 more cases. China is becoming more red all the time.

And North Korea has no cases at all. Oh yeah.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, that's the 19th century way of doing it but if I remember what I read years ago, it is also a pretty good way to 'help' it mutate.

Hudini:
Are you still flying or just sitting about waiting things out?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-13-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69655 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by MadMark:

And North Korea has no cases at all. Oh yeah.

Rumor mill network says anyone that gets it in NK gets executed.

The North Korean trade official was arrested and immediately shot after risking the spread of coronavirus by visiting the public bath, the Dong-a Ilbo newspaper reported. The man had been placed in isolation after travelling to China as Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un imposed military law to enforce the lockdown, sources said. So far North Korea has not confirmed any cases of coronavirus, but has taken drastic measures to stop is spreading over its border with China

https://nypost.com/2020/02/...onavirus-quarantine/

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, that's the 19th century way of doing it but if I remember what I read years ago, it is also a pretty good way to 'help' it mutate.

Hudini:
Are you still flying or just sitting about waiting things out?

I am off for 3 weeks now. I'm just playing my Xbox and watching movies through Kodi on my Amazon Firestick. I order food delivered but have to go to the front gate as no one gets in who isn't a resident of the apartment complex. I get my body temperature taken everywhere. Even the cashier at the local Family Mart scanned my temp. Crazy. I saw a young girl today wearing a mask, glasses, rubber gloves, and a rain coat. She was prepared for Ebola.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was at the farm show in Louisville, KY, yesterday and today. One supply company actually had some 3M N-95 facemasks there for sale. They only had about 8 cases of the masks and the salesman I talked to told me that was all there was. They tried ordering more but their supplier is out and doesn't expect to get anymore until summer. Before they ran out they were only selling to customers who had a history of buying them. And only normal amounts too.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock