Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Ray-O,...Ray-ay-ay-O, daylight comes.... (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ray-O,...Ray-ay-ay-O, daylight comes.... by williegoat
Started on: 02-28-2018 09:19 PM
Replies: 237 (3991 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 04-03-2018 07:40 PM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2018 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ray, judging by your ratings bar, in comparison to the ratings bar of other Forum respondents, and the slight increase in participation of members who have been absent for a while, you may be on to something.

IP: Logged
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2018 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joe,
I think you won the last post contest.

Oops.......................

------------------
Rams

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
after a shooting, the problem is the gun....
Open your frigg'n minds, think about all the other tools that can be made into WMDs.

My wife told me to grow up. I told her to get out of my fort!

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-17-2018).]

williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2018 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-17-2018 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying to be upbeat and post positives, but the hits just keep on coming?

Neg away you silly biatches. Neg away.

Edit: I gave out ten positives this morning. Somebody went around and negged all of us "radicals". It is not the neg per say, but the care given.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-17-2018).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2018 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of those looks like a duck-billed platypost.....
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2018 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

One of those looks like a duck-billed platypost.....

Seriously? Hmmm............. An active imagination is important I'm told.

Edited: Oops..........
------------------
Rams

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
after a shooting, the problem is the gun....
Open your frigg'n minds, think about all the other tools that can be made into WMDs.

My wife told me to grow up. I told her to get out of my fort!

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-17-2018).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Ray, judging by your ratings bar, in comparison to the ratings bar of other Forum respondents, and the slight increase in participation of members who have been absent for a while, you may be on to something.

Yeah, I was surprised when the dreaded ratings bar popped up during the middle of this - ahem - discussion. Even more surprised that it was overwhelmingly positive, thus indicating that indeed I was over the target.

Of course, now that you've pointed the damn thing out, I expect, as per radical juvenile behavior, it might drift downward.

So thanks for that.

Seriously though, I've received four PM's from former contributors here that reaffirm your point.

What they've all said is that I shouldn't expect the radicals to all of a sudden see the light.

My response has been that I don't expect that to happen, I mean it's right there in the label, RADICALS.

Rather, I hoped to be the lightning rod for their anger, thus exposing them for their intolerance.

I'm delighted it worked.

PS - Funny thing is, I agree with a lot of what the radicals believe and very little of what Rinse believes but I'd much rather have an online discussion with him than them. Well, as long as he attempts to keep Sister Mary, the grammar fairy, satisfied.

And no, I didn't mean that kind of satisfied. Though, he does have those shady balls. ( Have I said to much?)
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ratings bar appears when you get 50 ratings.
Most of those ratings are probably unrelated to the current discussion, as they have accumulated since you joined the Forum.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did somebody say bar? Cantinero, mas tequila!

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand that it's cumulative.

It had been three or four weeks since I'd posted anything and then in the middle of this discussion it must have hit the 50 mark so at least few of the ratings are directly a result of this thread.

At least I hope so.

However, I think the PM's are more indicative of members' thoughts on this subject.

They have been both positive and encouraging, other than Randye.

Seems he wasn't getting any traction in public so he decided to go private.

With the same message.

Which was encouraging to me in a flakish kinda way.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-18-2018 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took me several minutes to reread this thread. Mr. Otton, you do realize that in only two of your posts you do not call others names?

I have been very kind to you. You have not returned the favor.

I do not dislike you. Not in the least. But, you are either just pulling at members dicks, or truly are obtuse.

Call me a radical one more time...

Enjoy your day.

Edit: Again, I only hand out positives.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-18-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I took me several minutes to reread this thread. Mr. Otton, you do realize that in only two of your posts you do not call others names?

As with most people with limited mental aptitude he is not sure of what he saying at the moment, let alone anything spewed in the past.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-18-2018 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

Eh, I like it when you poke the bear.

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Eh, I like it when you poke the bear.

Boy am I glad you didn't say a$$hole!
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

As with most people with limited mental aptitude he is not sure of what he saying at the moment, let alone anything spewed in the past.

How congenial.

Pot, meet kettle?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:
You guys keep going on about me limiting your 1st amendment rights to call Democrats, Dumbocrats. ( Won't even go into the juvenile nature of it, clearly juvenile is where you reside)

I have not, because you can't.

I wish we had a bigger font selection, because apparently you can't see my POINT. This is not about name calling IN HERE, though it's spilled over in buckets, it's about expanding the Conservative base OUT THERE by avoiding the pejoratives.

Your point ? You can yell it from the rooftops, you can plaster it on billboards, you are the one that is blind in one eye and can not hear out of the other.

Perhaps we don't agree with your point. You have made your point abundantly clear. You fail to see ours. Perhaps we don't give a damn about you point. Perhaps we believe what we are doing is working. Perhaps we don't care to swell the ranks of Repulsivecans.
According to you, I just insulted many conservatives, they might go Dumbocrat.

What is it Ray, ... do you fancy yourself to be some kind of a god. You are God's gift to rational ? News flash Ray. The world does not revolve nor evolve around you. Nor me.

Is it so hard to admit that I might be correct? Well, it is for some of you but maybe not all of you.

Might be correct, ? In this very thread you have admitted to being wrong three times.
You are the one proclaiming your greatness by using the very tactics that you decry that we use. Perhaps you should take your own advice before forcing it on us.

I don't remember asking you how I can advance the conservative cause. Perhaps I think political beliefs solve themselves. Perhaps I am plenty happy with dumbocrats miring in the misery they make, in places such as Detroit, Furguson, Kalifornia, Nah Orlans, New York, et al.
Perhaps I think it is more effective in pointing out their dumb choices. Should we do a poll ? Maybe a government funded study ?

Couldn't you at least attempt to gather political allies with honey rather than repel them with vinegar?

Oh, ... I get it now ...

... as opposed to your little clan

Now I need a klan,

Seriously though, I've received four PM's from former contributors here that reaffirm your point.

Do we have a closet liberal here ? Anonymous sources ? They don't have the balls to weigh in in public. Funny, they never PM'ed me of their opinion of you superior mind.
You also stated that you received a PM from someone who suggested that you just walk away from this thread, and, you yourself also proclaimed the desire to walk away from T/OT.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 03-18-2018).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-18-2018 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

... Anonymous sources ? They don't have the balls to weigh in in public. Funny, they never PM'ed me of their opinion of you superior mind.

Always with the perceived internet anonymity with so many.

God speed indeed CliffW.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never been called a liar before, even in here.

Funny how guys who sung my praises at one time turned because I challenged their behavior.

Now, I wouldn't think of posting names but comments don't violate any privacy issues so:

============================================================================================
"I understand where you're coming from. Vitriol knows no ideology.
I'm not around here much to comment, but still read O/T daily.
randye doesn't do himself any favors in getting his points across. Maybe he isn't looking to convert anyone.....

"More power to you my friend."

"Ray, I'm sure you're familiar with this popular old metaphorical adage...
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
There are several swine posting in that thread. You're fighting the good fight... but they'll never change."

"Can't believe the obtuse views of some members. About time someone got after them. Too bad it won't change their minds"

Also, based on my promise of anonymity I won't post the negative set of comments because they all came from one guy and you all know who that is.
============================================================================================

BTW, as the attacks continue just be aware that I don't care if this thread breaks the global warming thread record.

[This message has been edited by RayOtton (edited 03-18-2018).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Never been called a liar before, even in here.

Where the heck did that comment come from, ?

I can fix that for you. "You are a liar".

Now, I wouldn't think of posting names ...

Yet in your reply to randye you did just that.

I doubt there's even a single member left on Pennock's who still wonders why I stopped commenting in O/T.

There are a bunch of them wondering why you still are.

If it doesn't get any better in here, meh, on to other interests, other forums and other hobbies.

Wow, I guess it got better.

Funny how guys who sung my praises at one time turned because I challenged their behavior.

Get over yourself, get off of your high rocking horse. I was not one of those guys. Neither have I gave you a neg.

BTW, as the attacks continue just be aware that I don't care if this thread breaks the global warming thread record.

Oh by the way, how many converts did you win in that thread ? I don't care how long you keep up your nonsense either. More ad revenue for Cliff.

Originally posted by cliffw:
Heh, I remember when JazzMan started a thread which went political, derision driven. He soon made another thread called the "non political" same thing. The political thread went like four pages. The non political thread about six posts.

Contrast that with this thread where some would like less derision but where derision exists. It is the longest running thread (# of replies) on page one.

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What indicated to you, either here OR in your confrontational PM's, that I wouldn't have the fortitude to point out your hypocrisy?

Also, based on my promise of anonymity I won't post the negative set of comments because they all came from one guy and you all know who that is.

If it is your intention to continue to falsely insinuate that I've been continually attacking you in private messages Ray, then by all means, let’s set the record straight.

Here are the only TWO messages that I have sent to you since this thread started.

Note that the dates of both messages sent are 2 weeks ago and consistent with page 2

03-03-2018 5:06 PM
You might want to note that I made a very purposeful and conscious effort to NOT engage in any "name calling" in the entire thread.

You might also want to note that there has never been a single instance in the 12 years I have been a member of PFF that I have ever suggested that the forum should run the way *I* want it to. It isn't going to run the way *you* want it to either Ray. That's just the nature of internet forums. They are what they are and if they don't suit you then you should move on like you have done.

Interesting that you want to talk about decorum and manners and "taking the low road" but you have no reservations at all about calling me and others members out by name for your personal condemnation. Perhaps your home is devoid of mirrors, but you would sure benefit by looking into one.

03-04-2018 0:22 PM
I didn't expect you to hear me either Ray.

Honestly, anyone that is as arrogant as you are to even suggest that the only "intelligent" people are those that accept HIS personal guidance and instruction like you stated sure as hell isn't going to do any introspection.

You really ought to drop that corporate executive attitude of yours and realize that the world, especially stupid Internet forums, don't operate according to YOUR "management" or personal preferences.....OR MINE.

You can save all your "echo chamber" and "1st Amendment, Free Speech" bellyaching and nonsense. I only know ONE faction that routinely uses those shibboleths when they don't get their way.

My descriptions of you and the other right wing radicals are spot on, not insults.

Well, a**hole COULD be but I used it to describe your behavior, I didn't CALL you an a**hole

GREAT! Since you’re free to decide that YOUR name calling and insults are “descriptions” and “spot on”, anyone else can play your game too Ray.

Here’s a “spot on” and apt “description” of your behavior:

PRIGGISH, HYPOCRITICAL and ARROGANT

See, That works just as well for others as it does for you.

I didn’t directly CALL you a prig, hypocrite or arrogant, I just "described your behavior" so according to your "rules" it’s all fair then.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-19-2018).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2018 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't like to see all of the name calling and negativity, but can't throw stones. I live in a glass house,..BUT trying to change my ways. I have been trying to avoid code red threads and name calling. For the most part, I think I have been successful.
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2018 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has it been annouced yet what the prize is for being the last poster in this thread? If so, I missed it.

Rams
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2018 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The next person to post in this thread is a toad licking monkey waxer.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2018 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone has to take care of our animal friends....
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2018 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

The next person to post in this thread is a toad licking monkey waxer.

NAME CALLING - NAME CALLING - THAT'S FORBIDDEN YOU NAME CALLER!!!!
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2018 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just came here to read some off topic and stuff.
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2018 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Idiots Guide to Political Name Calling

Bear in mind, I am not a Democrat. I’m not a Republican, I’m not an Independent, I am completely unaffiliated. On some issues I lean with the Dems, some I lean with Libertarians, and some issues I USED to lean with Repubs.........
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2018 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

The Idiots Guide to Political Name Calling

[QUOTE]Bear in mind, I am not a Democrat. I’m not a Republican, I’m not an Independent, I am completely unaffiliated. On some issues I lean with the Dems, some I lean with Libertarians, and some issues I USED to lean with Repubs.........

Leftist claims that he isn't one and then proceeds to prove he IS.

Very familiar pattern.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-19-2018).]

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2018 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Leftist claims that he isn't one and then proceeds to prove he IS.

Very familiar pattern.

I've been wondering if anyone would catch that. That's why I only posted part of his claim of unbiasness (new word)
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2018 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

I've been wondering if anyone would catch that. That's why I only posted part of his claim of unbiasness (new word)

It's also interesting that they only want to remember back to Obama's term and are completely devoid of everything said about GWBJ and the monikers given to Repugs, wait sorry Repulsivans, I'll get it right this time Republicans. Neocons anyone? Not to be confused with GeoCoins.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-20-2018 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where did Mr. "Never been called a liar before, even in here" run o-f-f-t to?

Edit:

So, who is the negger? I spoke freely how I feel. Just who is hiding?

I tell you what, going to get a lot worse off in here with me in the future. I am absolutely up to treating folks unkindly that treat me accordingly. **** o-f-f-t.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-20-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2018 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where did Mr. "Never been called a liar before, even in here" run o-f-f-t to?

Give Ray O a break Tony. He has solved this forum's woes and now is catching bigger fish. The People At Walmart
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-21-2018 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I feel like leaving this here...

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
Well, we've seen Patrick, RayO and Tony; all we need are Steve, Heybjorn, Boondawg and Neptune to make the reunion complete.

From page #2 of the six pages of messaging that are on record here.

Newf. Or was it newf without a capital N? From Newfoundland. He belongs on any kind of Virtual Reunion list.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-03-2018).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Yellowstone.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
pokeyfiero... I don't think he's been honored here with Virtual Reunion status.

Members who have not surfaced in this thread, but would do justice (and honor) to the list of those who once played the game here.

Pennock's Hall of Fame.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-03-2018).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A couple of days can seem like a week, sometimes.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-03-2018 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit: Disclaimer: Butthurt warning:

I am not calling anyone on this forum a jerk here. M,kay?

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 04-03-2018).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock