Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  "Obamacare is Imploding" A lie, according to the Trump Administration (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
"Obamacare is Imploding" A lie, according to the Trump Administration by Threedog
Started on: 07-07-2017 10:45 AM
Replies: 52 (823 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 07-12-2017 06:04 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

There's one thing I think we can all agree on.

82-T/A [At Work] needs to fix that damn Star Trek picture 'cuz I have to scroll left and right to see everyone's words of wisdom.

Thanks, that's all I have to add.to the conversation.

We could all give him a neg, . He won't do it again.

IP: Logged
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2017 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Good points.

It isn't *charity* when it is mandated by government and enforced at the barrel of a government gun.

It isn't a charity if it is a tax write off either.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2017 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by Jonesy:

My favorite is when they accuse everyone of dodging one of their questions..

Every reply to your question in this topic so far, as just been an attempt to dodge and deflect.. lol..

Funny stuff.

Originally posted by Threedog:

You're right Ricky, I didn't respond to you, and that is my fault. I read through the majority of the responses and lost my patience.

Is the ACA law failing or not?
Clearly it is. So symantics over "imploding" vs "broken" vs "failing" vs "needs fixing" is the cat that has your tongue?

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 07-10-2017).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2017 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:
It isn't a charity if it is a tax write off either.

Bullzhit.
Have you ever donated to charity ? You don't get to deduct every dollar, just a percentage, a low percentage. If and only if you file the long form.

Heh, the regime can levy sin taxes, to control the sheep. Why can't they encourage benevolent donations ?

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2017 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Bullzhit.
Have you ever donated to charity ? You don't get to deduct every dollar, just a percentage, a low percentage. If and only if you file the long form.

Heh, the regime can levy sin taxes, to control the sheep. Why can't they encourage benevolent donations ?

Tax revenue should NEVER be redirected somewhere else. Otherwise, we should just lower our taxes and call it good. Redirecting taxs owed IS public money and should not be up to individuals to say where public funds go.
Tax right offs are a HUGE fraud.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2017 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Threedog:

I love how every time I post on this forum, no one can back up a single thing with a reputable news source, fact, or argument.
No one discusses the issues, no responds to the claims, its just "you're wrong", a random argument that is unrelated, anecdotal evidence, and "did you seriously write that??"

Its funny that I hear on here so often that it is liberals who ignore the facts. Well, really? Did anyone even read any of the things I posted? Or is the 8th grade reading level of the NYTimes too high for you?

Heres a link to a fact for you. http://www.dispatch.com/new...thout-obamacare-plan

Keel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-11-2017 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tax revenue should NEVER be redirected somewhere else. Otherwise, we should just lower our taxes and call it good. Redirecting taxs owed IS public money and should not be up to individuals to say where public funds go.
Tax right offs are a HUGE fraud.

So, that overpriced home in cali. you never deducted the interest?
You never deducted the local prop tax on it , ,or took any other deductions?
Or is it only Fraud when it isn't a deduction you are able to take?

I'm sure you never took any deductions with your view of them..

Can you smell that? Your post stinks to high heaven..
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Keel:

So, that overpriced home in cali. you never deducted the interest?
You never deducted the local prop tax on it , ,or took any other deductions?
Or is it only Fraud when it isn't a deduction you are able to take?

I'm sure you never took any deductions with your view of them..

Can you smell that? Your post stinks to high heaven..

Hang on, slow down. FIRST off, if it is legal I can do it. Just because I think there is a better system (or could be a better system) does not mean I have to reject the existing systems. There is such a thing as reality that we all have to abide by, even if we dissagree with it.
I could say, money is evil and I refuse to use it....but guess what, who will take my goats and chickens for payment?

It is like legalization of drugs, I am TOTALLY against it and will NEVER condone it, BUT I am out numbered and so therefore it was legalized. Will I ever buy any, no I won't. But will there ever be a time when I will take advantage of a sponsor who is willing to give me free money, hell no I won't turn it down. I am taking that suckeres money.
Tax deductions are much the same. If you don't take it, someone else will. Is it wrong?? Maybe, but it is the system .

"Stinks", strong words for an off topic post. It ain't that big of a deal. I could take it or leave it. No sweat off my back. Not a hill worth dying for.

Lighten up a bit.

IF, I cared enough to continue this Off Topic tangent, I would start a new thread.
Keel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2017 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hang on, slow down. FIRST off, if it is legal I can do it. Just because I think there is a better system (or could be a better system) does not mean I have to reject the existing systems. There is such a thing as reality that we all have to abide by, even if we dissagree with it.
I could say, money is evil and I refuse to use it....but guess what, who will take my goats and chickens for payment?

It is like legalization of drugs, I am TOTALLY against it and will NEVER condone it, BUT I am out numbered and so therefore it was legalized. Will I ever buy any, no I won't. But will there ever be a time when I will take advantage of a sponsor who is willing to give me free money, hell no I won't turn it down. I am taking that suckeres money.
Tax deductions are much the same. If you don't take it, someone else will. Is it wrong?? Maybe, but it is the system .

"Stinks", strong words for an off topic post. It ain't that big of a deal. I could take it or leave it. No sweat off my back. Not a hill worth dying for.

Lighten up a bit.

IF, I cared enough to continue this Off Topic tangent, I would start a new thread.

So You don't believe in your own ideal?
I take every deduction I can legally take, but I don't claim that deductions are fraud like you have.
I do match the total deduction dollar amount and write a check to Children's hospital one year and St. Judes the next..
I know I'm evil as I claim those donations on my long form..
You want to know what is a fraud.. People that pay for example 3600.00 in taxes and then get a 7k return.. Don't laugh this happens allot, I know of a few that brag about it.. almost never holding a job, but getting a big check from the irs..
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Keel:

So You don't believe in your own ideal?

Of course I believe in my own ideas. I believe the tax system is screwed up.

I take every deduction I can legally take, but I don't claim that deductions are fraud like you have.
I do match the total deduction dollar amount and write a check to Children's hospital one year and St. Judes the next..

Listing good causes does not validate the screwed up system. Would you still donate if it were not a deduction? Good for you if so. But I know of MANY deductible causes that I disagree with and don't want my tax money going to. Which in effect is what happens when other people write them off.

I know I'm evil as I claim those donations on my long form..
[/QUOTE]
Calm down dude, I never called you evil. I said the system is a fraud. I also said I participate in it too. Who doesn't?

You want to know what is a fraud.. People that pay for example 3600.00 in taxes and then get a 7k return.. Don't laugh this happens allot, I know of a few that brag about it.. almost never holding a job, but getting a big check from the irs..

I am sure it does. I also know of people who deduct 15k + every year and I know it is for scandals crap.
Yes there is fraud in the system and it is rampant.

If you feel strong enough about this issue PM me or start another thread. This is not where we should be going in thus thread.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2017 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah yes, the perpetual tactic of posting a BS thread, stirring the pot, placing blame on US because we do not agree with his ideals, and then nothing? The Threedog that we know and question.

Listen kid, long before you were here on this board I knew the situation. Having a gnat flying around causing grief is all that you are in these situations. Very similar in tactic. I really do hope that you never have to be an American. If you do, and find that you are actually responsible for your own actions, instead of having other's pay and clean it up for you, then and only then can you become an American.
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Would you still donate if it were not a deduction?

I do. I do not always do the long form, where donations are deductible. A donation is a emotion of heart, no matter if you get a tax credit, which does not equal the dollar amount of a donation. Some people still donate more than the gooberment limit of tax credit.

I help all of my neighbors out. For free, out of good will, if I want to.

To make me help out any 'ya who", not gonna happen.

Let's get to the nut cutting ! Who do you donate to ?

Put up or shut up.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

I do. I do not always do the long form, where donations are deductible. A donation is a emotion of heart, no matter if you get a tax credit, which does not equal the dollar amount of a donation. Some people still donate more than the gooberment limit of tax credit.

I help all of my neighbors out. For free, out of good will, if I want to.

To make me help out any 'ya who", not gonna happen.

Let's get to the nut cutting ! Who do you donate to ?

Put up or shut up.

Thanks cliffw.
I guess I should correct my self, I made another mistake: I should not have said "it is not a charity if it is a tax write off", that is not how I wanted to convey my opinion. LOTS of good charities are sent tax deductions.
I should have said tax write offs are not charitable donations. Charitable donations are done from the heart, not from an incentive of a tax deduction.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock