Syrian gas attack .... by cliffw
Started on: 04-05-2017 02:46 PM
Replies: 132 (1721 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 04-18-2017 11:00 AM
tebailey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last post, bookmark deleted, no more hate sights in my list.
IP: Logged
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-07-2017 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guess he's off to a safe space..
Hope he finds it.. Reality is a biatch.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-07-2017 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by tebailey:
This is the reason this forum is losing members to facebook. Any one that posts is attacked if they don't march down the alt-right aisle. Whatever you do DO NOT listen to any one that has a different view, you might see things that are blocked by your blinders of hate. Enjoy your fantasy world where only rich white straight males matter, because you might end up on the list of undesirable people when they decide you no longer have anything left to take.

Comical that you think we are all under that class/ station/race..
But it is telling
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Last post, bookmark deleted, no more hate sights in my list.

You are going to go out with a whimper ? Start a thread.

Best of wishes to 'ya. We often did not agree. Neither did the Continental Congress.

Threedog

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Huh...

This is interesting..

They hypocrisy is real.

And another:

[This message has been edited by Threedog (edited 04-07-2017).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-07-2017 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Angry quoting?

You claimed my bias but you stepped that up. Not me. You. Not me. Stop being an idiot.

My fantasy world? Have you ever read my life? Please stop the misguidedness. You mislabeled me, but it is cool. I understand your need for facts has departed, and blame is what you have.

Keep stoned and sedated.

I will end up on no list. I make my own hours, decisions, and move ahead at an accelerated pace. You will not have to worry about me. I am not perfect, but I am also not afraid of battling stupidity.

Enjoy your rose filled day!
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Threedog:

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-07-2017).]

Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

http://www.trumptwitterarchive.com/archive

It's not like it's hard to find, his tweets are pretty readily available.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://www.trumptwitterarchive.com/archive

It's not like it's hard to find, his tweets are pretty readily available.

Click on SUPPORT tab and get:

Sure looks "official" and legit

We were supposed to believe that this is an actual twitter archive, right ?

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Left leaning news reporting is calling it Trumps Missiles. Sensationalized headings.

Maybe not so derogatory. Guess I'd have to see the news report itself. As long as they weren't reporting Trump-branded missiles... that would seem to be a conflict of financial interests on the President's part.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-07-2017).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
http://donald.trumptwitter.online

I think this is another archive of Trump's tweets.

Maybe someone with Twitter knowledge can weigh in (not on Twitter, myself), but I don't see why a request for donations to help maintain such an archive online--a searchable database of all of Trump's tweets--makes it suspect.

Has Donald Trump or any of his spokespersons ever asserted that any of these archived Twitter messages are fake?
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Assads air force planes (or Russian collaborators) dropped the gas bombs...his opponents dont have any airplanes. So that leaves him responsible. I dont condone killing or injuring civilians...should kill all their military you can. I dont have a problem with muslims staying in their own countries. I dont want them here, and apparently Europe dont want them anymore after realizing their mistake letting them in...once you got the breach in the dam, your not stopping the water. Keep them out of here like Trump wants, and keep any reins you can on the ones already here and deport them at any sign of a problem. Liberals dont want any restrictions, so any further attacks in the US are on them. A new big attack happens here, and those same liberals will be crying the administration should be doing something even though THEYRE the ones blocking doing anything preemptive at all. Assad does this again, and the US should take out the rest of his airbases and aircraft. Dont even mention the UN...thats about the most worthless agency in the world. All it does is appear to do good and soak up every donating country's money like a sponge. If the US quit the UN, it would end up with less power than the Chicago police department.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:
... what would you suggest that we do?

Well, I heard we gave the ruskies 30 minutes warning which of course they gave to Assad. Now I hear it was an hour's warning. Now I hear we did not decimate the airstrips, too easy to repair quickly.

Then I see the aftermath. WHAT, ? 60 Tomahawk missiles could not level the hangers ?

I would call Assad and tell him that he has another hour to vacate. That we are gonna finish the job.

This is no time to be a puzzy.

Ought oh, ... a russian frigate has entered the Mediterranean Sea.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35996 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:
Tomorrow is Pizza night, and I don't like it when pizza night gets interrupted.

My buddy canceled and pizza night is postponed, ...

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Russian frigate.......

Coming from the Black Sea, he would have left it's port quite some time before this attack.

You think the only two assets we have in the area are the two destroyers that launched the Tomahawks?
Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Click on SUPPORT tab and get:

Sure looks "official" and legit

We were supposed to believe that this is an actual twitter archive, right ?

Ranye, you can actually click the links and it takes you to his Twitter, where he said it. Here is an example.

Still don't believe it?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:
You think the only two assets we have in the area are the two destroyers that launched the Tomahawks?

No. Not that I think we are scared of a Russian frigate. We have other assets, and allies.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The news media would like their viewers to be worried.
This should be a standalone, one and done deal.

News pundits and politicians are already beating the war drums.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Huh...

This is interesting..

They hypocrisy is real.

Are we gonna play "my momma can beat up your momma" ?

The Clintons were against gay marriage before they were for it. They were against illegal immigrants before they were for them. So was Nabama.

Nobama was against raising the debt ceiling before he was for it. He called it ??? someone help me out.

Your momma wears combat boots.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Huh...

This is interesting..

They hypocrisy is real.

And another:

This thread is about the gas attacks in Syria.

If you want to talk about tweets, start a thread and quit messing up the flow of on topic discussion.

Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This thread is about the gas attacks in Syria.

If you want to talk about tweets, start a thread and quit messing up the flow of on topic discussion.

And Trumps response to the gas attacks was a 59-strong tomahawk missile attack on a Syrian Air Base. How is this "off topic"?
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still don't believe it?

Not once did I state that did or did not *believe* anything.
I ONLY said that it is impossible to tell truth from fiction when you don't post your SOURCES.
It is hard to *believe* that we have to have this kind of a problem with someone who claims to be a teacher and blathers on about challenging his students to support what they *believe*.

If you want to go off on the usual leftie tangent from the main topic and skip merrily down a blind alley going on and on about what you *believe* to be hypocrisy on the part of the President, then you'll have to skip alone. There are orders of magnitude between what citizen Trump "tweeted" 4-5 years ago and what he understands about the capabilities of being the President and ordering military actions now. ITS A NON-ISSUE and changes NOTHING.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13875 posts
Member since Mar 2006

And Trumps response to the gas attacks was a 59-strong tomahawk missile attack on a Syrian Air Base. How is this "off topic"?

Repeat:

If you want to go off on the usual leftie tangent from the main topic and skip merrily down a blind alley going on and on about what you *believe* to be hypocrisy on the part of the President, then you'll have to skip alone. There are orders of magnitude between what citizen Trump "tweeted" 4-5 years ago and what he understands about the capabilities of being the President and ordering military actions now. ITS A NON-ISSUE and changes NOTHING.

BTW, Even Granny Clinton seems to approve and concur:
http://www.nbcnews.com/vide...irfield-915867203736
http://www.reuters.com/arti...linton-idUSKBN179058

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back to the Russian frigate.......

The USS Porter is an Arleigh Burke class destroyer.
So is the USS Ross.
The Russian frigate is an Admiral Grigorovich, RFS-494.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 04-07-2017).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-07-2017 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So is the USS Ross.

I'm not really up on naval warfare and dont pay much attention, not much of a "water" guy.

So, which class of boat opens the biggest can of whoop-ass ?

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Google it lazyman. I gave you the names!
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So is the USS Ross.

Filmed passing through the Bosporus Straits yesterday:

Doesn't look like a Grigorovich class frigate though.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-07-2017 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Google it lazyman. I gave you the names!

Thaaannxxss...

Ya made me find that on a piddly little 4" phone screen.

I think I'll move to Cali so I can scream how mean those righties are

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a Buyan class corvette, possibly the Zelenyy Dol.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 04-07-2017).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is a Buyan class corvette, possibly the Zelenyy Dol.

Thanks
It did look too small for a frigate.

Just looked it up. It is the Zelenyy Dol (602).
A Buyan-M

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-07-2017 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://defencyclopedia.com...ng-class-destroyers/

HUH. Learn something new every day.
PFF
System Bot
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not really up on naval warfare and dont pay much attention, not much of a "water" guy.

So, which class of boat opens the biggest can of whoop-ass ?

Any of our subs.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-08-2017 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi, Dobey..
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2017 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Huh...

This is interesting..

They hypocrisy is real.

And another:

I think the first one was real, second one I dont know, last one is not true...almost every recent president since at least Ike, done similar things without congress.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-08-2017).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2017 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rogergarrison

49601 posts
Member since Apr 99
Im sure both the US and Russia have a lot more in the general area. Is the US military scared...doubt it. One US fighter-bomber can take out that Russian ship and send it to the bottom in a matter of minutes...and im also sure Russia knows that. Their just 'rattleing their sabres'.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2017 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

These are excerpts from a new report that was duplicated on Yahoo! The report comes from Tareq Haddad of the International Business Times.

MIT prof says chemical weapons attack in Syria was likely the work of Syrian rebels, not Syrian government

Theodore Postol, a professor emeritus at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), issued a series of three reports in response to the White House's finding that Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad perpetrated the attack on 4 April.

[Postol has] concluded that the US government's report does not provide any "concrete" evidence that Assad was responsible, adding it was more likely that the attack was perpetrated by players on the ground.

"In fact, a main piece of evidence that is cited in the document points to an attack that was executed by individuals on the ground, not from an aircraft, on the morning of 4 April.

The image Postol refers to is that of a crater containing a shell inside, which is said to have contained the sarin gas.

His analysis of the shell suggests that it could not have been dropped from an airplane as the damage of the casing is inconsistent from an aerial explosion. Instead, Postol said it was more likely that an explosive charge was laid upon the shell containing sarin, before being detonated.

The implication of Postol's analysis is that it was carried out by anti-government insurgents as Khan Sheikhoun is in militant-controlled territory of Syria.

Full report, includes photograph and links to more:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/...mical-100819428.html

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-17-2017).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-17-2017 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Arabs not telling the truth? Blasphemy!
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2017 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Arabs not telling the truth? Blasphemy!

It's actually more of Shadeball once again citing whackadoodle sources as "authoritative".

"Postol has investigated the 2013 Ghouta chemical attack, and he has collaborated with Maram Susli (known online as 'Syrian Girl') in investigating the incident through examining YouTube footage and other sources. Together they believe they found a number of items to be inconsistent with the conventional narrative of the incident."

YOUTUBER "Syrian Girl" (Maram Susli)

So it seems that "Teddy" does his "expert analysis" from singular 3rd hand grainy photos and girls on Youtube...

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-17-2017).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2017 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I did not say that I accept this Theodore Postol's thinking as overriding the U.S. intelligence agencies' assessment that it is the Assad regime that is responsible for the sarin gas attack.

I put it up here for interest. If people are interested, they can keep an eye on their news venues to see if there is any more about this. I would be surprised if there would be any kind of official U.S. government response to these critiques from "Theo".

I did not describe anything as "authoritative". That's just randye "putting words in my post". Reacting to the message that he thinks that I posted, or the message that he wants me to have posted--but not the message that I actually posted.

It might be an interesting endeavor, to use the links in the Yahoo! report to look at the rest of what Postol has to say.

I don't expect to find that kind of time for it.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-17-2017).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2017 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If backpedalling was an Olympic sport, Shadeball would be a gold medal contender.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock