Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Trump’s Team Said It Didn’t Ask For Military Vehicles At Inauguration. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Trump’s Team Said It Didn’t Ask For Military Vehicles At Inauguration. by Threedog
Started on: 03-22-2017 03:24 PM
Replies: 52 (453 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 03-23-2017 05:39 PM
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2017 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
Intent or "Interest". You see Intent because you want to see "Intent". Yes, I agree, English isn't that hard. Please work at it.
The signature is what it is. If it upsets you then, it might apply.

Intent and interest are the same in this case. "I intend to have tanks in the parade if possible" is the same as "I am interested in having tanks in my parade."

What upsets me is your blatant disregard for the rules of the forum, and your incessant complaining if those with views in opposition to your own dare bend one of them ever so slightly in reply to being relentlessly attacked by others.

You call me a liar up front, and then expect me to have a civil conversation with you. How do you really think that is supposed to work? Do you order your meals at a restaurant by calling the waitress/waiter names and then declaring they must give you the best service possible and the food must be absolutely correct or you will report them to the manager? That is exactly what you do in every post on this forum. You declare that anyone with views different from your own is a liar, and that you are uninterested in hearing their opinions, and then when people reply in kind, you demand civil discourse and "why can't we just get along."

It is abhorrent.
IP: Logged
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Similar to Alice in Wonderland, you live in an interesting reality. I'm guessing you don't get a lot of visitors.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
after a shooting, the problem is the gun....

The next thing you know, they'll be using motorized vehicles to mow down pedestrians. Wait, that's already happening. OK, ban vehicles......

If you wish to upset a Conservative, lie to him.
If you wish to upset a Liberal, tell him the truth.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-23-2017).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2017 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Seriously? You don't think the Commander and Chief can order something like that? When it comes to the military, he is the BOSS.

That does not suggest he shouldn't listen to his military advisors. But, the caveat here is, up to the time he was actually sworn in, Donald J. Trump was not the President so.......................... I'm not really sure of the process but, I'd bet if requested by the President Elect, the "military" would do everything they could to comply.

Seriously, yes. Any illegal order he issues should not be followed. There's a reason Congressional approval is needed to go to war. The whole point of our system of government, is so that Congress exists as a means of civilian oversight of the military. The President cannot outright order tanks to start rolling down Pennsylvania Avenue, in peacetime. The roads are bad enough as it is, starting off a new administration with a bunch of roadworks because you thought it was a good idea to have tanks in your parade to be more like the "strong leader" that you praise Putin for being, is probably not the best way to appease taxpayers. The inaugural parade is a hugely coordinated effort, and requires approval for such things from local works departments, DC police, secret service, Congress, and the military. There's a reason both leading Senators are on the parade committee.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Seriously, yes. Any illegal order he issues should not be followed. There's a reason Congressional approval is needed to go to war. The whole point of our system of government, is so that Congress exists as a means of civilian oversight of the military. The President cannot outright order tanks to start rolling down Pennsylvania Avenue, in peacetime. The roads are bad enough as it is, starting off a new administration with a bunch of roadworks because you thought it was a good idea to have tanks in your parade to be more like the "strong leader" that you praise Putin for being, is probably not the best way to appease taxpayers. The inaugural parade is a hugely coordinated effort, and requires approval for such things from local works departments, DC police, secret service, Congress, and the military. There's a reason both leading Senators are on the parade committee.

Please study up on Presidential authority, you're close but, no cigar.

Please say hello to Alice if you see her...............

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …

The next thing you know, they'll be using motorized vehicles to mow down pedestrians. Wait, that's already happening. OK, ban vehicles......

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-23-2017).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2017 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Similar to Alice in Wonderland, you live in an interesting reality. I'm guessing you don't get a lot of visitors.

So you're admitting you don't actually care about civil discourse then? OK.

I'm sure you'll reply to this as well with yet another lame attack such as you gave above.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So you're admitting you don't actually care about civil discourse then? OK.

I'm sure you'll reply to this as well with yet another lame attack such as you gave above.

My Goodness, you really do read into statements what you want to see.

------------------
Ron

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Seriously man. Are you on meth? Or are you really that illiterate? No, the President cannot order any military vehicle he wants to be anywhere he wants.

Meth? Can you spell ? I am on math. I suck at it though. Remind me. How many US citizens did Emperor Nobama eradicate with drone strikes ? How many were unintended civilian casualties ? How many were children, nurses, nuns ... carrying a box full of orphaned kittens ? How much intelligence did we lose because he went to his white side ?

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2017 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
Meth? Can you spell ? I am on math. I suck at it though. Remind me. How many US citizens did Emperor Nobama eradicate with drone strikes ? How many were unintended civilian casualties ? How many were children, nurses, nuns ... carrying a box full of orphaned kittens ? How much intelligence did we lose because he went to his white side ?

You clearly can't spell it seems. I love your "what about Obama?!" cries though. Save the tears.

Oh right, the Predator Drone program, initiated by George W Bush, and approved by Congress? is that what you're talking about? The ability to order a single specific vehicle in targeted attacks? Well, not quite. The President still cannot order such strikes independently, and not on US soil.

I know you want your god emperor to have such powers, but that is not how things work.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'I very clearly stated that the request of information shows intent.'

NO, it absolutely DOES NOT, as I already stated. Police cant even act on a crime based on 'intent'. Criminal has to be caught in the act.

So your agreeing that Obuma did not give the order to kill Osama, like I said years ago, at least legally, because a president cannot order it. Glad we got that finally cleared up and you finally agree that he had nothing to do with killing Osama.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2017 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

'I very clearly stated that the request of information shows intent.'

NO, it absolutely DOES NOT, as I already stated. Police cant even act on a crime based on 'intent'. Criminal has to be caught in the act.

So your agreeing that Obuma did not give the order to kill Osama, like I said years ago, at least legally, because a president cannot order it. Glad we got that finally cleared up and you finally agree that he had nothing to do with killing Osama.

Sheesh you love to stretch to grasp at those straws don't you.

Uhm, Obama could have indeed legally ordered the attack on Osama's compound. I never said he couldn't. However, he could not have woken up one day and ordered an assault on an arbitrary building with no intelligence or backing from Congress and Joint Chiefs. He did have those things, when he made the order. He is as responsible for it, as any commander would be for those they command.

It must really upset you to have to hear about a successful black man given your severe racial prejudices against blacks.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh I was totally aghast that Obuma was elected president. All you liberals have always said Obuma gets all the credit for killing Osama...that he ordered it. In fact Bush ordered him taken dead or alive before Obuma ever showed up. So you now also say it was ok that he did give the order when he was given all the available information, just like when Bush started the attacks on Iraq when given information on their hidden weapons. So now Bush was right ? Love how you spin anything to fit your own agenda, but no one else can do it.
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2017 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Oh I was totally aghast that Obuma was elected president. All you liberals have always said Obuma gets all the credit for killing Osama...that he ordered it. In fact Bush ordered him taken dead or alive before Obuma ever showed up. So you now also say it was ok that he did give the order when he was given all the available information, just like when Bush started the attacks on Iraq when given information on their hidden weapons. So now Bush was right ? Love how you spin anything to fit your own agenda, but no one else can do it.

You sure do have a wild imagination. You really are trying to stretch way out there and grasp at those straws aren't you.

No, Bush was not right. Giving orders and being right are not the same thing. You're hopeless jump to try and conflate the two is quite astounding, but you conservatives sure do love to make it up as you go along, without any facts to support you. And trying to equate "I want him dead or alive" to an order of assault on a specific compound, is just mind boggling.

Your word salad needs better dressing. I don't think it says what you think it says.

Oh, BTW, so where are all those "hidden weapons" from Iraq? Those WMDs. Where are they?

Oh right, they weren't there, because it was all BS.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You sure do have a wild imagination. You really are trying to stretch way out there and grasp at those straws aren't you.

No, Bush was not right. Giving orders and being right are not the same thing. You're hopeless jump to try and conflate the two is quite astounding, but you conservatives sure do love to make it up as you go along, without any facts to support you. And trying to equate "I want him dead or alive" to an order of assault on a specific compound, is just mind boggling.

Your word salad needs better dressing. I don't think it says what you think it says.

Oh, BTW, so where are all those "hidden weapons" from Iraq? Those WMDs. Where are they?

Oh right, they weren't there, because it was all BS.

Hey dobes, did you watch the inauguration?

Still, this was my favorite part of his election:

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 03-23-2017).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay