Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The beginning of the end to "Game of Drones" (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The beginning of the end to "Game of Drones" by Thunderstruck GT
Started on: 04-17-2016 06:39 PM
Replies: 73 (906 views)
Last post by: jmbishop on 04-26-2016 12:43 PM
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew this was coming and this should be the end of these "toys".

No practical "civilian" use anyway other than spying on your neighbor.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36067591

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/...drone-strikes-plane/
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Experts reviewed 921 cases involving drones and manned aircraft between 2013 and 2015. Of those cases, more than one-third involved drones and manned aircraft coming within 500 feet of each other.
"Our findings indicate that incidents largely occur in areas where manned air traffic density is high and where drone use is prohibited," experts said in a statement.

I wonder when they are going to pass legislation prohibiting birds from flying within 500' of an aircraft or 1/2 mile of an airport?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-17-2016).]

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Not necessarily so. The real estate industry loves having the ability to get bird-eye views of properties without having to hire an expensive aerial photography service.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Industry is not civilian and birds don't/can't target aircraft.
------------------
If sugar-coating is what you crave... Willy Wonka doesn't live here.

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 04-17-2016).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

and birds don't/can't target aircraft.

Good thing huh--they do enough with just random randomness, but then too, drones alone can't target aircraft either--they have to have human input--just as a firearm has to.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You haven't seen some of my neighbors. Definitely a practical use.
mountainman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mountainmanSend a Private Message to mountainmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Random randomness for sure.

An oldie but goody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN_Zl64OQEw
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-18-2016 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Good thing huh--they do enough with just random randomness, but then too, drones alone can't target aircraft either--they have to have human input--just as a firearm has to.

bingo..

easy fix
when a plane sees a drone, toggle on the guns and let the gamers onboard knock it out of the sky using laser.. it be a win win, the gamers get some fun action and the drones never get near an air plane..
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe not to you, but for commercial and personal use, they are popular and necessary. They are tools, not toys for those who know how to use them and do so in a professional manner. But as always, there are stupid people who use them and cause damage, just like people and cars.

I knew this was coming and this should be the end of these "toys".

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36067591

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/...drone-strikes-plane/

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Maybe not to you, but for commercial and personal use, they are popular and necessary. They are tools, not toys for those who know how to use them and do so in a professional manner. But as always, there are stupid people who use them and cause damage, just like people and cars.

Oh enlighten grasshopper....... Where do they have a practical "personal" use? If you would have quoted my whole post you would have seen that I covered the "commercial" side.

Even the news called them "toys" this morning. Some people just need to grow up and realize they can't always have everything they want, including toys of this nature.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some people just need to grow up and realize they can't always have everything they want.

Hmmm... I see you don't follow your own advice. With that type of thinking, you sound like a liberal. Why should YOU be able to tell ME what I can or can't do? If I want to fly a drone on my property (following regulations), then you have no business telling me what to do. Same applies to guns, or do you believe people need to grow up and realize they can't always have everything they want? LOL Welcome to AMERIKA.

PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmm... I see you don't follow your own advice. With that type of thinking, you sound like a liberal. Why should YOU be able to tell ME what I can or can't do? If I want to fly a drone on my property (following regulations), then you have no business telling me what to do. Same applies to guns, or do you believe people need to grow up and realize they can't always have everything they want? LOL Welcome to AMERIKA.

I suppose letting every jackass that wants to fly a plane is good with you too huh?

Yeah, tell me how well that worked out.

But wait...... You still haven't answered the first question. I predict another deflection coming with another neg rating to follow.

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 04-18-2016).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I suppose letting every jackass that wants to fly a plane is good with you too huh?

Yeah, tell me how well that worked out.

But wait...... You still haven't answered the first question. I predict another deflection coming with another neg rating to follow.

I said, "following regulations", but you ignored that. (do you even know the regulations? I am guessing not.)

Personal use can mean anything and I answered it, but again, you didn't read that either (you know... personal reason... just because one wants to own and use something). People with guns can shoot at planes. People with cars can kill others. You want to take away cars and guns because you don't like them, right? Your statement/argument is ONLY based on the fact that you don't like drones or drone use and not based on reality and freedom of choice.

I wonder what you would have thought when the Wright brothers flew their plane... probably told them they are idiots and endangering everyone around them.

Welcome to Thunderstruck's Amerika.

Oh, go ahead and neg me, you have that freedom do that... oh wait, you complained about the rating system another thread... and looking at your "red"... I can see why. LOL!

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 04-18-2016).]

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AGAIN v v v

Oh enlighten grasshopper....... Where do they have a practical "personal" use?

I'm all ears.......
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thunderstruck GT

2664 posts
Member since Oct 2015

Oh, go ahead and neg me, you have that freedom do that... oh wait, you complained about the rating system another thread... and looking at your "red"... I can see why. LOL!

I'm not a pussy like you and your buddies.

Time for you to man-up to competition instead of eliminate it but as a Hitlery supporter that would be difficult in a skirt.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AGAIN v v v

I'm all ears.......

There's your problem... you need eyes... LOL

Some PRACTICAL personal use includes, not limited to:
property survey
entertainment (games, knowledge, skill building, etc)
animal survey
structure inspection
photography
video

BTW... you still haven't addressed why you are against personal freedom, comrade. Oh, and you haven't read the drone regulations, either.... that is obvious. I guess you truly are all ears as you can't see what is in front of you.

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

I'm not a pussy like you and your buddies.

Time for you to man-up to competition instead of eliminate it but as a Hitlery supporter that would be difficult in a skirt.

Are you talking YOUR rating bar? That is COMPLETELY on you, idiot. I don't approve of your vulgar language and yup, I negged you for it. Man-up and accept it and stop complaining about the system. Now, if you truly don't agree with the ratings system, then leave (or wait until others have had enough and boot you off, AGAIN)...
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

property survey - Business
entertainment (games, knowledge, skill building, etc) - Business
animal survey - Industry
structure inspection - Business
photography - Business
video - ????

So, I see one possibility for "personal" use. But why?

Next door neighbor surveillance????

Peeping Tom????

Pedo****????

Your real name isn't Jared Fogle by any chance is it?

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 04-22-2016).]

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thunderstruck GT

2664 posts
Member since Oct 2015

I don't approve of your vulgar language and yup, I negged you for it.

Pussy

------------------

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice language there. Keep going, why stop now?

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Next door neighbor surveillance????

Peeping Tom????

Pedophile????

Your real name isn't Jared Fogle by any chance is it?

You really need to get out of your mom's basement.

property survey - inspect your PERSONAL property
entertainment (games, knowledge, skill building, etc) - PERSONAL enjoyment, hobby
animal survey - Watch your animals
structure inspection - Inspect your PERSONAL buildings (multi-story home)
photography - Hobby
video - Hobby.

I know, I know... you are arguing like your hero Drumph... even he said "deal with it"... which you haven't learned that yet.

PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You really need to get out of your mom's basement.

CLASSY!

But then, I wouldn't expect anything less out of you.

By the way..... My Mother died a few years ago. R.I.P.

Thanks for remembering jackass.

I know, I know... you are arguing like your hero Drumph... even he said "deal with it"... which you haven't learned that yet.

Unlike you, at least I'm not hiding behind Hitlery's skirt. I'm not a closet voter like you, I'm perfectly comfortable backing my choice.

Yep..... AMERICA - Trump will fix it!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 04-18-2016).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My brother died. Life happens, I accepted it.

I would say, yes, I am classy, unlike you, as shown by how you start a thread, and end up attacking people who don't share your skewed view of the world. BTW, feel free to back Drumph... Hillary had her hand there!

CLASSY!

But then, I wouldn't expect anything less out of you.

By the way..... My Mother died a few years ago. R.I.P.

Thanks for remembering jackass.
Unlike you, at least I'm not hiding behind Hitlery's skirt. I'm not a closet voter like you, I'm perfectly comfortible backing my choice.

Yep..... AMERICA - Trump will fix it!

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the US anyway...ITS AGAINST THE LAW to fly anything within 5 miles of an airport....end of story. There are no exceptions except that if the airport is closed...period.

In this case, it hit the nose. 5 feet in another direction would have been the pilots face or an engine. The result would not have been the same. The drone owner here was JUST lucky.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Flying a drone (personal use) within 5 miles of an airport...

Model Aircraft Operations Limits

According to the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012 as (1) the aircraft is flown strictly for hobby or recreational use; (2) the aircraft is operated in accordance with a community-based set of safety guidelines and within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization; (3) the aircraft is limited to not more than 55 pounds unless otherwise certified through a design, construction, inspection, flight test, and operational safety program administered by a community-based organization; (4) the aircraft is operated in a manner that does not interfere with and gives way to any manned aircraft; (5) when flown within 5 miles of an airport, the operator of the aircraft provides the airport operator and the airport air traffic control tower…with prior notice of the operation; and (6) the aircraft is flown within visual line sight of the operator.
https://www.faa.gov/uas/pub..._aircraft_operators/

Contact the airport and control tower before flying within five miles of an airport or heliport. (Read about best practices here)
http://www.aopa.org/Pilot-R...Ownership/Drones/UAS

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
In the US anyway...ITS AGAINST THE LAW to fly anything within 5 miles of an airport....end of story. There are no exceptions except that if the airport is closed...period.
Is a Felony to flash/point any Laser to an aircraft but many moron to that every year.

“If you point a laser and interfere with the operation of an aircraft, that’s a felony. The crime carries a maximum of 20 years in federal prison and a quarter of a million dollars fine. In addition, the FAA can impose a civil penalty of up to $11,000 for each violation.”
Source: https://www.fbi.gov/news/vi...a-point-about-lasers

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There is an exception if you call the airport.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jmbishop

4484 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Your an idiot, I rarely agree with you but in this case you're right.

What I use my drones and guns for is nobodies business unless I'm breaking some sort of law.

http://arstechnica.com/tech...sed-by-small-drones/

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 04-18-2016).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jmbishop

4484 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Bad things I want to do with a drone????

More bad things????

Really bad things????

If those are the only uses you can find for a drone, you're right, you probably shouldn't have one but that's your call.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 04-22-2016).]

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:
[QUOTE]“If you point a laser and interfere with the operation of an aircraft, that’s a felony. The crime carries a maximum of 20 years in federal prison and a quarter of a million dollars fine. In addition, the FAA can impose a civil penalty of up to $11,000 for each violation.”
Source: https://www.fbi.gov/news/vi...a-point-about-lasers

[/QUOTE]

PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What does that make you? Hmmm. Welcome to the land of freedom.

Originally posted by jmbishop:

Your an idiot, I rarely agree with you but in this case you're right.

What I use my drones and guns for in nobodies business unless I'm breaking some sort of law.

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Mmm... Scarlett Johansson...

What were you guys talking about?
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Mmm... Scarlett Johansson...

What were you guys talking about?

I know right! Even just watching her eat popcorn is sexy lol..

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

I know right! Even just watching her eat popcorn is sexy lol..

Mmmm, sexy popcorn.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

There is an exception if you call the airport.

I suggest you call your local control tower and see if they give you permission. My educated guess is no unless that airport is closed for some reason. If one tells you go ahead, as a pilot, I want them fired immediately.

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have called and been given permission to take video of a car show within 5 miles of an airport.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I suggest you call your local control tower and see if they give you permission. My educated guess is no unless that airport is closed for some reason. If one tells you go ahead, as a pilot, I want them fired immediately.

Already got approval from local airport.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-19-2016 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

property survey
entertainment (games, knowledge, skill building, etc)
animal survey
structure inspection
photography
video

BTW... you still haven't addressed why you are against personal freedom, comrade. Oh, and you haven't read the drone regulations, either.... that is obvious. I guess you truly are all ears as you can't see what is in front of you.

I see a list of businesses and industrial use.. not one personal use...

only personal use for a drone is for fun.... or to look at people without their knowledge...
when and if a drone can open a fridge and bring me a drink or sub... then maybe.. but until then....
try again
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Then don't buy one. You can't see any uses because you have no interest. Eh.

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

I see a list of businesses and industrial use.. not one personal use...

only personal use for a drone is for fun.... or to look at people without their knowledge...
when and if a drone can open a fridge and bring me a drink or sub... then maybe.. but until then....
try again

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock