Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The beginning of the end to "Game of Drones" (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The beginning of the end to "Game of Drones" by Thunderstruck GT
Started on: 04-17-2016 06:39 PM
Replies: 73 (906 views)
Last post by: jmbishop on 04-26-2016 12:43 PM
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

I see a list of businesses and industrial use.. not one personal use...

only personal use for a drone is for fun.... or to look at people without their knowledge...
when and if a drone can open a fridge and bring me a drink or sub... then maybe.. but until then....
try again

If you don't notice a drone, you're deaf and blind unless it's carrying a telephoto lens, however you don't need a drone to spy on someone with a telephoto lens.

The covert spying argument is ridiculous, your super spy fantasies are not reality.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 04-19-2016).]

IP: Logged
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

I knew this was coming and this should be the end of these "toys".

No practical "civilian" use anyway other than spying on your neighbor.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36067591

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/...drone-strikes-plane/

I can't facepalm any harder.

When did this forum go from "Get the government out of our lives" to "Government, please come save me from everyone!"

HOW can you not see the parallels here? This is analogous to guns. The personal reasons of owning one shouldn't matter - get the government out! Hell, drones are just cameras that can fly. Why do we have cameras? Can't cameras be used for spying? Wait a second.. I have some questions for you...

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Next door neighbor surveillance????

Peeping Tom????

Pedophile????

Your real name isn't Jared Fogle by any chance is it?

Once again, get the government out. You sound like a fascist.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For Don and I they are for personal use around the farm, check fence lines to make sure nothing needs fixing. Chasing deer out of crops, watching the back of the property when we hear something out there, faster than a 4 wheeler or horse and a lot more dam comfortable for me anyway, those 4 wheeler things put me in traction for a week.

So tell me again they have no reason for personal use?

I could also get one hell of a great picture of the farm to see if the brook out back is overflowing it's banks, restricting my access to almost 5 acres of our land.

We don't sell anything here we raise. so where is my commercial use of them?

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to see video of Steve chasing a deer with a drone.

One of these days, I am going to get around to buying one small enough to carry on my bike. I like taking pictures of bikes in various surroundings and think the drone would provide a unique perspective.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 04-19-2016).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some deer chasing in this video.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2016 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Then don't buy one. You can't see any uses because you have no interest. Eh.

THEN WHY HAVEN'T YOU POSTED ANY PERSONAL USES FOR THEM????
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2016 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by jmbishop:

If you don't notice a drone, you're deaf and blind unless it's carrying a telephoto lens, however you don't need a drone to spy on someone with a telephoto lens.

The covert spying argument is ridiculous, your super spy fantasies are not reality.

My dad has a fairly nice one with a go pro and it goes mighty high and can shoot video that is not tiny.. and you can not hear it at all once it's 15 feet away from you if you don't know it's there you are not hearing it, and that's with no background noise to speak of, add a radio in background /etc and I'd bet at 10 feet you'd not know it's there

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

THEN WHY HAVEN'T YOU POSTED ANY PERSONAL USES FOR THEM????

You are a complete idiot.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2016 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

For Don and I they are for personal use around the farm, check fence lines to make sure nothing needs fixing. Chasing deer out of crops, watching the back of the property when we hear something out there, faster than a 4 wheeler or horse and a lot more dam comfortable for me anyway, those 4 wheeler things put me in traction for a week.

So tell me again they have no reason for personal use?

I could also get one hell of a great picture of the farm to see if the brook out back is overflowing it's banks, restricting my access to almost 5 acres of our land.

We don't sell anything here we raise. so where is my commercial use of them?

Steve

In this case it's just laziness... other than chasing deer, everything else can be done with a fixed camera..and they are wireless.

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2016 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

You are a complete idiot.

no, you posted business and industrial uses.. not one personal use..
as there isn't any..
but like always you'll start with name calling...

They are nothing but a toy.. for personal use..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 04-20-2016).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My dad has a fairly nice one with a go pro and it goes mighty high and can shoot video that is not tiny.. and you can not hear it at all once it's 15 feet away from you if you don't know it's there you are not hearing it, and that's with no background noise to speak of, add a radio in background /etc and I'd bet at 10 feet you'd not know it's there

Stealth drone eh? How about listing the model?
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

no, you posted business and industrial uses.. not one personal use..
as there isn't any..

So... when I fly over my roof, looking at the shingles after a hail/wind storm, I am a business or industry? WRONG
When I fly out to check the condition of my ditch, or flooded area... I am a business or industry? WRONG
When I fly out to check on the cattle... I am a business or Industry? WRONG
When I take pictures/video of my property or of a waterfall, I am a business or industry? WRONG
I guess everyones phone with camera is for business or industry use, also?

Yeah... no personal use here what-so-ever....

You are wrong, that is clear.

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 04-20-2016).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2016 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Stealth drone eh? How about listing the model?

I have no idea what model it is, or brand only that it's the same one the troopers are using, as a family member got it for him, that is a trooper.. it's about 20" wide/depth and the controller has a 10" screen that relays the camera view to it.. The controller is as beefy as the ones we have for our nitro boats.. only bigger, as it has the screen in the center..
The carry case is built like it would be handled by a roadie on a world tour..

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2016 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

So... when I fly over my roof, looking at the shingles after a hail/wind storm, I am a business or industry? WRONG

can be done with a camera from the ground no need for a drone
When I fly out to check the condition of my ditch, or flooded area... I am a business or industry? WRONG

ya ok sure
When I fly out to check on the cattle... I am a business or Industry? WRONG

welp, if you have check on them so much that you have to have a drone to do it, you have bigger issues
When I take pictures/video of my property or of a waterfall, I am a business or industry? WRONG
nothing a camera can't do without the drone part
I guess everyones phone with camera is for business or industry use, also?

Yeah... no personal use here what-so-ever....

You are wrong, that is clear.

now come up with a use that you couldn't do without a drone..
so far you've come up with I'm to lazy to look at my roof, walk out to a ditch or the field the cattle is on..
and can't take photo's without a drone.. cause a hold it in your hands camera is just to taxing

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

so far you've come up with I'm to lazy to look at my roof, walk out to a ditch or the field the cattle is on..
and can't take photo's without a drone.. cause a hold it in your hands camera is just to taxing

LOL... yeah, whatever.

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pure BS.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No one needs a dirt bike, a dune buggy or a stereo or coffee maker, for that matter. We should ban Hawaiian shirts.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In this case it's just laziness... other than chasing deer, everything else can be done with a fixed camera..and they are wireless.

Nothing lazy about it, we have 25 acres separated by trees pastures and a brook that runs threw the entire 25 acres. I have 6 herniated disc in my back so running, even ridding can just about kill me. I ain't talking about a city block or something anyone could run or ride to in a few min. with COPD running myself is out of the question. Better to have a mobile cameras to look at if that goat is outside a fence line or stuck in it or hurt. stationary cameras are out of the question, to much wire to string, our property lines are like 1300' one way by 900' somewhat of a rectangle, with woods, a brook and a lot of bad little trails only a horse could get threw. Sometimes like now in mud season even the horses would get stuck.

And chasing the deer out of a field of crops, say corn is not for fun, actually it is a good way to keep them out, its ether that or a cannon that goes off at timed intervals is about the only way to keep them out, or a fence all the way around 8' high all around the crops. So in retrospect still think its lazy? how many times can you run those distances a day?

even wireless camera placed all around our place are not really wireless, they still need power so an extension cord or battery would be needed for each camera.

I can tell you really are a true Masshole, control, control, control everyone. I got my first CC permit there and it was the biggest pain in the ass you could ever not want to do. it would also be good for tracking where the deer runs are to making hunting them even easier. not that we have had room in the 2 big freezers we have for all the food we raise. But it is still nice to see what's going on all over the property in just a few seconds, beside we have a mountain lion out back I would love to see without having to worry about getting eaten by it. Something the wardens service says there are none in Maine so I would love to get photo proof of it. We have seen its tracks in the snow but have yet to see it up close and personal.

Steve
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have no idea what model it is, or brand only that it's the same one the troopers are using, as a family member got it for him, that is a trooper.. it's about 20" wide/depth and the controller has a 10" screen that relays the camera view to it.. The controller is as beefy as the ones we have for our nitro boats.. only bigger, as it has the screen in the center..
The carry case is built like it would be handled by a roadie on a world tour..

found it...

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2016 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

Pure BS.

hardly...
but makes no difference to me if you think it's b/s..
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2016 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by williegoat:

No one needs a dirt bike, a dune buggy or a stereo or coffee maker, for that matter. We should ban Hawaiian shirts.

no, but sadly we have people that don't use or have common sense when using many things..
I don't want to see them banned or restricted,,, but you know it's coming..

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

no, but sadly we have people that don't use or have common sense when using many things..
I don't want to see them banned or restricted,,, but you know it's coming..

And you are the self appointed arbiter of that which constitutes common sense.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

you can not hear it at all once it's 15 feet away from you if you don't know it's there you are not hearing it, and that's with no background noise to speak of, add a radio in background /etc and I'd bet at 10 feet you'd not know it's there

This is VERY possible! I remember one time during a field exercise in the Army when me and a few of my buddies were wondering where the hell everyone else was. We walked to the top of a 15-foot berm and saw a convoy of M-1 tanks rolling by. We never heard them until we saw them. If there is a barrier or enough wind blowing, you can't hear lots of things that will surprise you. Might also explain the bear attacks in the other thread about the college professor.

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 04-20-2016).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm too lazy to walk to town for groceries, so I drive, too lazy to grind my own cornmeal, and I really don't want to get up on my steep pitched metal roof either.
I've also about got to the point that I find it easier to send an email or text than to sit down and write a letter and take it the 1/2 mile up to the mail box.
I don't look at my cattle or fences with a remote vehicle, but it sure would make things a lot easier, just as a camera made things easier than sitting down and drawing a picture. Now that the water is down, I'll pull on my rubber boots and slough a couple miles thru mud, fire ants, and snakes seeing what damage was done, but it sure would be easier to just launch a little aircraft and watch a screen so I can just go straight to the trouble spot instead of visually walking the whole place.

I'm old, but not opposed to moving on to better, faster easier ways of doing things. Spent about $5K on a cattle handling facility to pen and doctor cattle in instead of roping, and dragging them to the nearest tree to snub 'em off to like we did when I was a kid. Dang lucky we didn't all get killed back then.
This is just the next evolution in making life easier and safer. I may never invest in one, but I don't see anything wrong with it and sure can't call anyone lazy because they choose one.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-20-2016).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2016 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So in reading and posting..

if it's a drone issue/right it's about freedom

if it's texting it's ok to be a commie bastard..
odd when you really think about it..
And says volumes of where the American voters head is at..
if it affects you it's a freedom/right issue.. if it doesn't, fluck um..
Sounds a lot like Russia, doesn't it..
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So in reading and posting..

if it's a drone issue/right it's about freedom

if it's texting it's ok to be a commie bastard..
odd when you really think about it..
And says volumes of where the American voters head is at..
if it affects you it's a freedom/right issue.. if it doesn't, fluck um..
Sounds a lot like Russia, doesn't it..

No it sounds more like Taxachusettes.

Want to build model (Toy) rockets, you need a permit,
Want to buy a hand gun you not only have to get a permit, you need 2 politicians to write a letter to the states fire arms idiot, stating they know you and you are an upright citizen,
Want to buy a long gun, rifle shotgun you must have a Taxachusettes firearms ID card, and have the required NICS check done as well,
other stupid Taxachusettes laws that are still on the books in most cases,

Shooting ranges may not set up targets that resemble human beings.
At a wake, mourners may eat no more than three sandwiches.
Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked.
Quakers and witches are banned.
An old ordinance declares goatees illegal unless you first pay a special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.
Bullets may not be used as currency.
All men must carry a rifle to church on Sunday.
Alcoholic drink specials are illegal.
Public boxing matches are outlawed.
It is illegal to go to bed without first having a full bath.
A woman can not be on top in sexual activities.
No gorilla is allowed in the back seat of any car.
Tattooing and body piercing is illegal. (Repealed in 2000)
Children may smoke, but they may not purchase cigarettes.
Dumb Laws in Massachusetts

City Laws in Massachusetts

Boston

It is illegal to play the fiddle.

Two people may not kiss in front of a church.

No more than two baths may be taken within the confines of the city.

No one may cross the Boston Common without carrying a shotgun in case of bears.

Anyone may let their sheep and cows graze in the public gardens/commons at any time except Sundays.

It is illegal to eat peanuts in church.

An old law prohibits the taking of baths on Sunday.

Duels to the death permitted on the common on Sundays provided that the Governor is present.

Pick a state and there are many stupid laws that are still on the books from a century or more ago, that are stupid and restrict our personal life for just plain stupid reasons.

http://www.dumblaws.com/law...states/massachusetts

But ya I can see you living by the laws of one of the most repressive states in the country next to CA.

Stupid people are the reason for stupid laws that should be just plain old common sense, something many people are sadly lacking today, plus hey the state needs more tax money so enact another stupid law that you have to pay a fee to grow a goatee.

And you because you live in that state are so used to your life being run by the government laws that you would think another stupid law is a good idea.

http://www.stupidlaws.com/l...tates/massachusetts/

Dumb Laws in New York

It is illegal to congregate in public with two or more people while each wearing a mask or any face covering which disguises your identity.

About this law.
Full text of the law.

In New York, adultery is still a crime.

About this law.
Full text of the law.

It is against the law to throw a ball at someone’s head for fun.

The penalty for jumping off a building is death.

New Yorkers cannot dissolve a marriage for irreconcilable differences, unless they both agree to it.

A person may not walk around on Sundays with an ice cream cone in his/her pocket.

Women may go topless in public, providing it is not being used as a business.

While riding in an elevator, one must talk to no one, and fold his hands while looking toward the door.

You may not smoke within 100 feet of the entrance to a public building.

Slippers are not to be worn after 10:00 PM.

It is illegal for a woman to be on the street wearing “body hugging clothing”.

Citizens may not greet each other by “putting one’s thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers”.

A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting.

City Laws in New York

Greene

During a concert, it is illegal to eat peanuts and walk backwards on the sidewalks.

Kendall

It is against town ordinances to camp out on your own land more than 72 hours a month. If you want to camp out for 2 weeks you need a permit, which can only be obtained once a year.

About this law.
Full text of the law.

Ocean City

A law from the early 1900’s prohibits men from going topless on the Boardwalk.

Eating while swimming in the ocean is prohibited.

People may not slurp their soup.

Pinball machines are not to be played on Sunday.

Raw hamburger may not be sold.

And the 2 idiots here who think another law is a good idea to prevent us from living. Live in states that already have so many stupid laws already on the books to protect themselves.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 04-21-2016).]

WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I fly drones. There are personal uses for them. pick on me!!
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
False alarm.
https://www.washingtonpost....-just-a-plastic-bag/

But it will not be the last we hear of this. The alarmists are still out there hoping it happens and drones will get banned to stop them from buying their own so they can't fulfill their own unrealistic super spy fantasies.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 04-25-2016).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Plastic bag! Where is the outrage? Ban the flying of all plastic bags! There is no personal use for plastic bags!

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 04-25-2016).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Plastic bag! Where is the outrage? Ban the flying of all plastic bags! There is no personal use for plastic bags!

The tree huggers made us stop using paper. Plastic bags are a leftist conspiracy to destroy our transportation system. So there!

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 04-25-2016).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2016 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I got into R.C. aircraft back in the early 70's, we couldn't fly just anywhere we wanted.
I never understood how todays drones didn't have to follow the same rules.

I also had the FAA in Alaska after me for a "UFO" scare I caused when I released 13 glowing orbs one winter, made out of balsa sticks, dry-cleaning bags, & birthday candles.
I never thought people would freak out like that.....but it gave me a really clear understanding of how the radio show "War Of The Worlds" got completely out-of-hand.
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I never understood how todays drones didn't have to follow the same rules.

They do, section 336 of the FAA modernization and reform act of 2012 clearly states they have to follow the same rules and the FAA's requirement that you register a "model aircraft" is illegal.
Orig88GT-NC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop: They do, section 336 of the FAA modernization and reform act of 2012 clearly states they have to follow the same rules and the FAA's requirement that you register a "model aircraft" is illegal.

Thanks to the media there is alot of confusion about this...

FAA
Different Types of UAS (Unmanned aircraft systems) Operations
Public Operations (Governmental)
Civil Operations (Non-Governmental), simple discription-used for a buesiness, makes revenue.
Model Aircraft (Hobby or Recreation only)

Any body thats interested in RC aircraft/drones should take a look at this to get the right info....

FAA: Unmanned Aircraft Systems

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Orig88GT-NC:

Thanks to the media there is alot of confusion about this...
Any body thats interested in RC aircraft/drones should take a look at this to get the right info....

[URL=https://www.this is a bad link]FAA: Unmanned Aircraft Systems [/URL]

The FAA should be ignored and you should read section 336 if you're wanting to get into the hobby because those are the only rules you must follow. The FAA legally can't do anything except enforce section 336.

The confusion is because the media is incompetent and the FAA is a bunch of frauds.

Here is the correct reading material for anyone looking to get into the hobby. https://m.reddit.com/r/Mult...inst_section_336_of/

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 04-26-2016).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock