Started on: 03-04-2016 02:34 PM
Replies: 57 (804 views)
Last post by: spark1 on 03-16-2016 12:11 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jenkem:

Sorry to offend you guys.
I won't post on this forum any more.

A wise decision, tho I have lingering doubts about the sincerity of the apology.

IP: Logged
dennis_6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With all the accusations of racism on this forum, we now have a good example of what it looks like. We also have a good example of how it was handled.
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jenkem is a supposed inhalant and hallucinogen created from fermented human waste.[1] In the mid-1990s, it was reported to be a popular street drug among Zambian street children. They would put the feces and urine in a jar and cover it with a balloon then let it ferment out in the sun, then afterwards they would inhale the fumes created.[2][3][4][5] In November 2007, there was a moral panic after widespread reports of jenkem becoming a popular recreational drug in middle and high schools, though the true extent of the practice has since been called into question.[6][7] Several sources reported that the increase in American media coverage was based on a hoax and on faulty Internet research."[8]
jmclemore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmclemoreSend a Private Message to jmclemoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jenkem is a supposed inhalant and hallucinogen created from fermented human waste.[1] In the mid-1990s, it was reported to be a popular street drug among Zambian street children. They would put the feces and urine in a jar and cover it with a balloon then let it ferment out in the sun, then afterwards they would inhale the fumes created.[2][3][4][5] In November 2007, there was a moral panic after widespread reports of jenkem becoming a popular recreational drug in middle and high schools, though the true extent of the practice has since been called into question.[6][7] Several sources reported that the increase in American media coverage was based on a hoax and on faulty Internet research."[8]

Hoax or not Jenkem is a steaming pile of excrement......
jmclemore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmclemoreSend a Private Message to jmclemoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jmclemore

2395 posts
Member since Dec 2007

Originally posted by dennis_6:

With all the accusations of racism on this forum, we now have a good example of what it looks like. We also have a good example of how it was handled.

yeah, and we will see how quickly it's forgotten
when whipping out the race card is the only
remaining tool left in a losing argument.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Al-Azhar has been practicing Taqiyya for a while now, that I agree on.

I wouldn't dispute that Al-Azhar--which "served its first customer" way back in 972 CE--has been the source of many fatwas, edicts and points of Islamic law that are not compatible with what Muslims must have in the way of spiritual guidance, in order to conduct themselves peaceably and honorably in the socially and religiously diversified world of 2016 (instead of conducting themselves like vicious animals).

I think this particular statement has not so much to do, specifically, with Al-Azhar. It's all about "taqiyya", which--according to Jihad Watch and the other geniuses of the vibrant and ever imaginative Counter Jihad scene--is the all-purpose Islamic license to lie or permission to deceive. Any Muslim always has express permission from Allah to use a forked tongue (deceptive pen, deceitful keyboard, disingenuous video segment, ...) in order to advance any scheme or idea that would enlarge the worldly domain or power of Islam. It's one of the Counter Jihad industry's most cherished and oft-repeated words.

I have come to regard the common use of "taqiyya" by the Counter Jihad luminaries as a fiction that has been created by torturing and distorting the significance of less than a handful of verses (like "three") from the Six Thousand, Two Hundred and Thirty-Six verses (by most accounts) that are the Qur'an.

Here is a page-long discussion of taqiyya, which connects it with exactly three (out of 6236) Qur'anic verses: 3:28, 16:106 and 40:28.
http://www.al-islam.org/inq...aqiyyah#f_e77f243e_1

This page starts with:

Taqiyya is the practice of hiding one’s [Muslim] belief under duress...

Farther down on the page:

These three verses clearly point to the permissibility of concealing one’s ideology and opinion whenever in danger.

Those living in countries with zero tolerance for the followers of the Ahlul Bayt [i.e., faithful Muslims], where democracy is absent and tyranny, oppression, and abuse of human rights are rampant, and people are subjected to persecution, torture, and killing on account of their beliefs should--according to the Qur’an's teachings--practice taqiyya [in order] to conceal [protect] their lives, wealth, properties, families, and friends. Taqiyya should only be practiced whenever there is fear of danger or harm.

If there is no fear of danger or harm, such as for the Muslims in the United States of America and Europe, then taqiyya should not be practiced. Surah [Qur'an] 16:106 illustrates this point, as it was revealed to allow some of the companions of the Prophet in Makkah to express disbelief with their tongues and hide their true faith in their hearts when they were being tortured by Abu Sufyan. Even the most prominent companion of the Prophet, Ammar ibn Yassir declared disbelief when the infidels were torturing him in Makkah. People came to the Prophet and complained that Ammar had become a disbeliever--a kafir. The Prophet replied, “No, indeed Ammar is full of faith (iman) from head to toe,” and he told Ammar that if the disbelievers were to torture him again, then he should again deny his faith in public.

The page is from what has the look of a halfway intelligent website:

Ahlul Bayt Digital Islamic Library Project
http://www.al-islam.org/about-us

For anyone who just can't get enough, I also suggest:

Qur’an 16:106 ‘Except For One Who Is Forced…’ – Deceiving Disbelievers?
http://discover-the-truth.c...eiving-disbelievers/

Towards Understanding the Qur'an (discussion of 16:106)
http://www.islamicstudies.i...=16&verse=101&to=109

Taqiyya was also highlighted in a column that first appeared in 2011, on the Center for American Progress website:
https://www.americanprogres...standing-sharia-law/

Many advocates of the “Sharia threat” [Counter Jihad] also refer to taqiyya, an Arabic word that means concealing one’s faith out of fear of death, to mean religiously justified lying. Not all Muslims subscribe to the theological concept of taqiyya, however. In fact, it is a minority opinion.

The charge of “taqqiya” is often deployed by “Sharia threat” advocates when confronted with evidence that refutes their thesis. Under this methodology one cannot trust any practicing Muslim. Even if a Muslim preaches and practices nonviolence the CSP authors would say that person is either not a true Muslim or is practicing taqiyya.

They have, in fact, used this tactic against Muslim-American leaders who advocate strong civic engagement. Responding to Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf ’s assertion that the proposed Park 51 Islamic Center in New York would be a venue for interfaith dialogue, CSP’s Frank Gaffney wrote in The Washington Times: “To be sure, Imam Rauf is a skilled practitioner of the Shariah tradition of taqqiya, deception for the faith.”

This column was reprinted in the Huffington Post (2011) as "Understanding Sharia Law", with a few sentences about the authors:

Wajahat Ali, the main author, is a playwright, essayist, blogger, humorist and attorney at law.

This article was co-written by Matthew Duss, National Security Editor at American Progress. It was first published at the Center for American Progress.

Matthew Duss is the National Security Editor at American Progress and Wajahat Ali is a Researcher for ThinkProgress.

Additional contributions from Hussein Rashid, associate editor, Religion Dispatches, and Haroon Moghul, executive director, The Maydan Institute.

It's a good read.

"If you can find a better researched explanation of taqiyya--buy it."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-07-2016).]

newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let's not kid ourselves or pat ourselves on the back just yet, racism takes many forms and while this latest loser was very outspoken and abrupt about his/her thoughts on race. Many aren't that way but harbor similar feelings and opinions.

However this Jenkem clown is entitled to whatever opinion he/she has no matter how right or wrong it may be in my mind.

I for one would like to know how someone gets to that level of hate for others, was it taught or because of some personal event etc?

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 03-07-2016).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2016 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

Let's not kid ourselves or pat ourselves on the back just yet, racism takes many forms and while this latest loser was very outspoken and abrupt about his/her thoughts on race. Many aren't that way but harbor similar feelings and opinions.

However this Jenkem clown is entitled to whatever opinion he/she has no matter how right or wrong it may be in my mind.

I for one would like to know how someone gets to that level of hate for others, was it taught or because of some personal event etc?

Generally, its learned via repeated interaction with the "despised parties". Just like any other irritant, it starts with a mild dislike or discomfort, and with repeated long-term exposure grows to a "get rid of it at all costs" viewpoint. Repeated observations of the same behavior, on a global scale, that had originally on a personal level caused the initial irritation only re-enforces the viewpoint.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 03-07-2016).]

newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Generally, its learned via repeated interaction with the "despised parties". Just like any other irritant, it starts with a mild dislike or discomfort, and with repeated long-term exposure grows to a "get rid of it at all costs" viewpoint. Repeated observations of the same behavior, on a global scale, that had originally on a personal level caused the initial irritation only re-enforces the viewpoint.

What if you only have personal interactions with the "good ones"?

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 03-07-2016).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2016 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

What if you only have personal interactions with the "good ones"?

What if there ARE no "good ones" ?
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

It's a good read.

My hats off to you, I mean since there is no Taqiyya, then Islam is a religion of peace, and there is no genocide. So this thread is pointless, thank you for enlightening my "bigoted" mind.
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My hats off to you, I mean since there is no Taqiyya, then Islam is a religion of peace, and there is no genocide. So this thread is pointless, thank you for enlightening my "bigoted" mind.

There are 175 educated Muslims from 40 countries (and two Palestinians from Jerusalem) that are listed as signatories of the Open Letter Denouncing ISIS.

I think that almost all (if not exactly all) of this group are sincere about their (presumptive) agreement with the letter's 24-point denunciation of ISIS.

Could you single out anyone in this group and say something like "It's nice that you aligned yourself with these 24 specific denunciations of ISIS, but as a thoughtful and modern-thinking Muslim authority figure, shouldn't you be doing even more about this issue?"

What would you suggest, specifically, in the way of "more", and how do you know that they are not already doing "more"..?

Would you like to "meet" any of this group in some way (face-to-face, email, online chat room, ...?) and say "Islam really sucks. Why don't you recant Islam and declare that you are no longer a Muslim?"

That might be very agreeable to you, but what kind of response would you expect?

I can tell you what I would expect from that scenario. Any one of them will tell you to Go Pound Sand. Depending on their personal temperament, they may tell you that straight up, or they may tell you in some elegant, roundabout way with verses from the Qur'an and references to this or that point of Islamic law from almost any time from the 7th century forwards, up until this day. They may even recite some verses of the Qur'an for you, in Arabic, with a lyrical intonation, as if they were singing a capella. But their bottom line on that suggestion will always remain (with overwhelming likelihood) "You Can Go Pound Sand".

So "the beat goes on". ISIS. The various al Qaeda-aligned factions. The uncertain direction of Egyptian society and governance. Saudi Arabia still has people in its prisons that they may (or may not) bring out into the prison courtyard next week for another round of lashings or a beheading. The internationally recognized government of Afghanistan hangs on for another week, while the Taliban factions and other Islamist insurgents murder more people and wreck more infrastructure. The Islamic Republic (Iran) keeps on keeping on. A Muslim who is a citizen and resident of the U.S. says or does something stupid enough to become the subject of a new media report.

I think the last 24 hours were on the high end in terms of casualties, with battles close to the Tunisia-Libya border and a new spate of insurgent bombings from Baghdad to Karachi. Christians and other non-Muslims, and Muslims who were on the "other side" or perceived to be on the "other side" were all victimized. The U.S. claims to have killed over 100 jihadist insurgents in Somalia using manned aircraft and missile-firing drones, but what passes for a government in Somalia declares that the jihadist body count was only about 28.

Taqiyya? I think the 175 signatories of the Open Letter (almost to a man, although I know without looking of a woman on the list) will tell you that this concept of taqiyya that is being pushed by Jihad Watch (etc.) of an open-ended permission from Allah for Muslims to practice deception to achieve "more Islam" is not what they consider to be conduct that is faithful to Islam, and they would do whatever they could to discourage other Muslims from engaging with this idea.

Unless someone were actually holding a knife to their throat and saying "Recant Islam or I will kill you". Then it would be "legit" in the eyes of Allah for a Muslim in that circumstance to practice taqiyya and say "OK. I recant Islam." Knowing that if this deception works and he is set free again he will say "I recant my recantation of Islam. I only did that to save my life. I am now a Muslim. I never stopped being a Muslim, even during the period after I pretended to recant Islam by saying 'I recant Islam' but still remained in captivity. I saved my life using the Islamic concept of taqiyya."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-09-2016).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Almost 3:00 PM Eastern time. Where's dennis_6 today? Anyone thinking what I'm thinking? He must have TAQIYYA'd one on last night..!

OMG, I swear I'm gonna die from that one!

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-08-2016).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Unless someone were actually holding a knife to their throat and saying "Recant Islam or I will kill you". Then it would be "legit" in the eyes of Allah for a Muslim in that circumstance to practice taqiyya and say "OK. I recant Islam." Knowing that if this deception works and he is set free again he will say "I recant my recantation of Islam. I only did that to save my life. I am now a Muslim. I never stopped being a Muslim, even during the period after I pretended to recant Islam by saying 'I recant Islam' but still remained in captivity. I saved my life using the Islamic concept of taqiyya."

I wonder what other religions preach that it is ok to lie.
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jenkem:

Sorry to offend you guys.
I won't post on this forum any more.

Oh man, and you were on a roll!

Kevin
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
I wonder what other religions preach that it is ok to lie.

I am not going to examine that question (from 2.5), but I hope that this paragraph (from my previous post, here) was not overlooked or lost in the shuffle:

Taqiyya? I think the 175 signatories of the Open Letter (almost to a man, although I know without looking of a woman on the list) will tell you that this concept of taqiyya that is being pushed by Jihad Watch (etc.) of an open-ended permission from Allah for Muslims to practice deception [in order] to achieve "more Islam" is not what they consider to be conduct that is faithful to Islam, and they would do whatever they could to discourage other Muslims from engaging with this idea.

Just in case anyone looks in here without first reviewing what has already been said:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/115650-2.html#p45

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-13-2016).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My small dissertation here on "taqiyya" could benefit from some rewording, for additional clarity:

Taqiyya, "you" say?

Based on my online readings, I hold that the 175 Muslim signatories of the Open Letter Denouncing ISIS, almost to a man--aside from the current Mufti of Jerusalem*--also, I know without looking of at least one woman on the list--consider that the fictitious Islamic concept of Taqiyya that has been popularized by the many online acolytes of the Counter Jihad project**, of an Islamic belief in an open-ended permission from Allah for Muslims to practice deception for the purpose of achieving "more Islam", is not what any well educated Muslim accepts as a conduct or belief that is in any way faithful to Islam; and they would do whatever they could to discourage other Muslims from thinking in terms of this fictitious, Counter Jihad-popularized distortion of The Real Taqiyya.

What is The Real Taqiyya and where does a non-Muslim read about it? Just in case anyone looks in here without first reviewing what has already been posted:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/115650-2.html#p45
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/115650-2.html#p51

* When Amin al-Husseini was the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem (1921-1937) he fairly well "muffed it" by allowing himself to be coopted by Adolf Hitler and the agenda of Nazi-ruled Germany. That is why, out of an abundance of caution, and considering the prior history associated with the title "Mufti of Jerusalem", I use the phrase "almost to a man" in characterizing the 175 Muslim signatories of the Open Letter Denouncing ISIS and their collective knowledge and attitude about The Real Taqiyya.

** Counter Jihad project is how I refer to the long list of Internet blogs and websites that churn out poorly researched and misleading garbage about Islam, Muslim beliefs and the Qur'an. Among these "sinks" (as distinct from "sources") of information that are familiar to any careful reader are Jihad Watch, Islam Watch, Bare Naked Islam, Answering Islam, Wiki Islam, Pamela Geller and Atlas Shrugs (Pamela Geller). The Counter Jihad project is where information goes to die.

This message board post uses YAKiToMe! for the click-activated audio content that pronounces "garbage" with a French (male) accent
http://www.yakitome.com

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-16-2016).]

spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
393 to 0: U.S. House Unanimously Declares ISIL Is Committing Genocide Against Christians

(CNSNews.com) - The U.S. House of Representatives voted 393 to 0 tonight in favor of a resolution declaring that the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) is committing “genocide” against Christians, Yezidis and other religious minorities in the Middle East.

The vote on the resolution, which was sponsored by Rep. Jeff Fortenberry (R.-Neb.) and co-sponsored 203 other members, brought together as broad a coalition as possible in the House. Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (the chairman of the Democratic National Committee) joined with House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R.-Texas) in voting for it.

In total, there were 229 Republican votes for it and 164 Democratic votes for it.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock