Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Seven Dead, Two Wounded After Apparently Random Shootin (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Seven Dead, Two Wounded After Apparently Random Shootin by Threedog
Started on: 02-21-2016 05:52 AM
Replies: 43 (602 views)
Last post by: jaskispyder on 02-23-2016 06:18 PM
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2016 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Hardly. If the shooter were black, Hispanic, "Muzzie", whatever... it's always been national headline news when just one person goes off on a day-long shooting spree like this one.

At least it has been, up until yesterday. I can't say how it looks tomorrow, or by the end of the year.

This wasn't a day-long shooting spree. It only went on for a few hours. Gang violence (shootings and murders) in big cities like Chicago goes on all night long and sometimes all weekend long. But it rarely gets coverage in the press like this. (Perhaps because it has become such a common occurrence - but that doesn't make it any less horrible, in my opinion.)
IP: Logged
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2016 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is news because ONE person caused many deaths. If he wasn't white, they would be calling him a terrorist and trying to crack open his iPhone, instead, they are still trying to find a motive....

Oh, Dennis6 would also have 3 or 4 topics on the subject, but since this is a white guy from Michigan... nope.

One thing we do know, he was a dedicated Uber driver!

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

Innocent people get shot by people driving and riding in cars all the time in big cities around our nation, but it rarely makes national news.

So why is this story receiving so much press? Is it because a white guy did the shooting and the left is using it to demand rights be stripped away from law-abiding gun owners? I bet you if he was a minority and this occurred in Baltimore or Chicago, it would barely receive a whimper in local papers - let alone TV stations or the national press.

I bet more than 9 people got shot and more than 7 were killed in Chicago this past weekend. But I don't see those stories plastered all over mass media.

Seems to me a terrible crime such as this only matters if white people are involved. Why does nobody care about minorities that are being senselessly murdered by other minorities EVERY DAY in this country?

Is it because the gun control and other leftist agendas don't get advanced in those cases because guns are already illegal to possess in those cities? And there's nothing to be gained by the leftists and gun control crowd by pointing out how their dream policies that are already enacted in our biggest cities are a complete failure?

Talk about racism. Not caring about what happens to a life based on the fact their race can't help you advance your agenda is probably the highest form. How disgusting.

Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2016 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

It is news because ONE person caused many deaths. If he wasn't white, they would be calling him a terrorist and trying to crack open his iPhone, instead, they are still trying to find a motive....

Oh, Dennis6 would also have 3 or 4 topics on the subject, but since this is a white guy from Michigan... nope.

One thing we do know, he was a dedicated Uber driver!

I think you misunderstand where I'm coming from, Jask. I'm not bashing the national media because they are plastering this white shooter's face all over the TV screens. I'm blasting them because they don't do the same thing for minority multiple-murderers that commit the same level of crime in big U.S. cities every week (and they aren't treating all criminals or victims equally).

And I think the reason why is because drawing attention to the result of failed liberal policies doesn't advance their agendas. But over-publicizing a white serial killer can be used to attack rights and freedoms the left doesn't agree with.

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 02-23-2016).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2016 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
National news is not going to list every shooting, every day. A mass shooter is national news. No conspiracy. It is what sells ads.

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

I think you misunderstand where I'm coming from, Jask. I'm not bashing the national media because they are plastering this white shooter's face all over the TV screens. I'm blasting them because they don't do the same thing for minority multiple-murderers that commit the same level of crime in big U.S. cities every week (and they aren't treating all criminals or victims equally).

And I think the reason why is because drawing attention to the result of failed liberal policies doesn't advance their agendas. But over-publicizing a white serial killer can be used to attack rights and freedoms the left doesn't agree with.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock