Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  So, why did Thunderstruck GT get voted off of the island? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
So, why did Thunderstruck GT get voted off of the island? by carnut122
Started on: 01-24-2016 09:25 PM
Replies: 56 (1154 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 02-02-2016 03:22 AM
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2016 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could have just said... "Don't forget to pull the tranny dipstick and check the fluid for darken fluid or a burnt smell, as this is an easy way to spot a problem"

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Not everyone understands me, are you serious?

This person who just got band wanted to compare Notes about our individual work history and cars restored. Yet after I post just some of mine he said nothing. So to me he sounded like a used car dealer doing what they do, sell cars for way more than they are worth with a rubber band guarantee. Puffing the car as Judge Judy would say. I hate that show and her basic stupidity about cars, Medical Marijuana and a lot more, But some people think she is still a real judge, hell some think she is a supreme court justice. I hate that show but the wife and kid love it and watch it every night.

But that's off topic, it seems I also picked up some negs from that thread by some of those who had me as pos before because my numbers of ratings hasn't changed, just the direction of my ratings bar arrow. Not that I care or ever have what my ratings bar is.

Remember when I first joined after I had my stroke ? I was angry at the world and it showed in my posts, remember how Nick and I would go off at each other and now we are good friends and talk at least every few weeks. I couldn't write a sentence without repeating myself not to mention my sentence structure was never punctuated properly. A real problem for many here about me that took years for many here to accept that I was not some 12 year old.

This place has become just like the rest of the country, you can't say that it hurts my feelings. So I will neg you. So be it if I am that bad vote to kick me off the island as well, but then you will loose a member with a lot of knowledge about these and many other cars and subjects.

If you can't take a little good natured ribbing about something then maybe you should wonder why you are here, it is a car forum with a few good members, lets be honest the majority are people who know very little about cars. Some never knew that the best way to check for a trany issue is to Smell the fluid, not just look at it and check the level.

Many people don't know that you have to do a wet and dry compression test to narrow down Just what is wrong.
Not just a dry compression test. As I said in another thread in tech, Hell the New car dealers Tech in my example of finding a problem didn't do both, what makes you think that a new person to working on cars. Especially these cars would, yet I am the one who posts it first in a trany thread. Then others who know that will chime in and say that is a proper and informative way to see a tranys condition. These new cars aren't like the old ones, I can remember having blown a trany line in old 60s cars could handle a dump of fluid, just fix the leek and fill and go. But these newer tranys can't handle being a quart low without damaging them.

Steve

IP: Logged
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2016 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Could have just said... "Don't forget to pull the tranny dipstick and check the fluid for darken fluid or a burnt smell, as this is an easy way to spot a problem"

Could I have, sure but then that would not be me now would it. The variety of people from different past experiences is what I think makes this place so good, many have experience in many different areas. Many are religious fanatics, many are retired, many are tech guys, where better to get the real help you need when you have a computer problem, many are like myself who have no filter and tell it like it is or how we see it. I am not going to apologize for something that was a line in a comedy routine because I got one newbie members panties in a twist.

Not safe for work or probably anyone who is not a fan of reality or Bill Cosby

https://youtu.be/BHbOrHG65uo

Steve
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2016 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Obviously, I failed in my attempt to be funny in my first response or question to you. Shame on me.

But now after that video, I may need therapy. I'm a sensitive sort of dude.

You should of seen the collection of upgraded Fieros I used to own. All Formulas, all with bigger engines.
Gotta go now and make that appointment with my life coach.

Yeah, I'm a little slow, sometimes. Shortly after I posted, it occurred to me that you were most likely joking.

But seven hours earlier, you had posted a similar question here that I thought deserved an answer. An answer that was never given, by the way.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2016 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19535 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Not safe for work or probably anyone who is not a fan of reality or Bill Cosby

https://youtu.be/BHbOrHG65uo

Steve

Ha! We had that album when I was a kid. I didn't know until many years later that it was based on a true story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/200_M.P.H.

In 1967, Bill Cosby bought a Shelby Cobra Super Snake CSX 3303 from his friend, company founder Carroll Shelby. The CSX 3303 was one of two Super Snakes built, which is a modified 1965 Cobra Competition roadster retained by Shelby American as a PR car and then modified with the addition of two superchargers and a Ford C-6 automatic gearbox. Of the two cars built, one was retained by Shelby and the other was sold to Cosby.

http://www.barrett-jackson....27-SUPER-SNAKE-44723

As history shows, CSX 3015 is one of two Super Snake Cobras built. The other being CSX 3303 built for Bill Cosby. CSX 3303 was a 1967 427 street car retained by Shelby American as a PR car and then made into a Super Snake for Bill Cosby. Cosby's record album titled "200 MPH" attests to the fact of why he only drove it once before returning it to Shelby American.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-26-2016).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2016 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Ayup I loved that it had a story behind the joke as much of his comedy did. But for people like us that one side of the album is a must watch. I can just see Bill now sitting in that what 900 hp cobra and starting it up and his fire extinguisher emptying itself out, all over the place. His Italian racing shoes turning into sneakers and his starched back scarf going limp !

The entire album is funny as hell, think I should send Patrick the link to that one?

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 01-26-2016).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think someone needs to start a new religion. Seven days later and HE IS RESURRECTED!
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think someone needs to start a new religion. Seven days later and HE IS RESURRECTED!

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
???
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-01-2016 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

**** yeah!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmm.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-01-2016).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He's back, I wonder why?

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/115200.html

Umm... He isn't the only person that thinks your love affair with unions is a bit too much.

Rein in that hate man.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like Thunderstruck GT has swum on back to paradise. Welcome back and stay away from Northstar threads.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How is that possible with no rating bar showing?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suspect Cliff reviewed his posts and banishment to see if he deserved the ban.
One of the things he has stated he will sometimes do is to add his own rating and if it makes a difference (swings back to pos) he will undo the banishment if the user's posts don't show anything terrible. (or something close to that anyway--I don't remember exactly how he put it in words).
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I suspect Cliff reviewed his posts and banishment to see if he deserved the ban.
One of the things he has stated he will sometimes do is to add his own rating and if it makes a difference (swings back to pos) he will undo the banishment if the user's posts don't show anything terrible. (or something close to that anyway--I don't remember exactly how he put it in words).

You are correct.....but usually by then, there is a ratings bar.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

You are correct.....but usually by then, there is a ratings bar.

Actually, most of the time it's the other way around. When the rating bar is visible, changes are very slim that my (positive) rating will change anything. But when the bar isn't visible, a single rating has much more weight than when the bar isn't visible.

Either way, when my rating is enough to unban a person it doesn't mean he is out in the clear. Because it still will only takes a very small amount of negative ratings to get this person banned again. And since by then I've already used my rating, the ban will be permanent. So I hope people will see it for what it is. A second change. Blow it and you're out permanently.

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock - in many, many another threads

That's always a problem when someone gets banned. People thinking that his last posts are why he got banned. So I'll just repeat what I said many, many times before. His last posts are the proverbial drop. Nothing more, nothing less. So did he get banned for his views in this thread? No. Of course not. Don't be daft. But he did pick up the (few) negative(s) here needed to put him over the edge.

Regarding [the banned member]:

As always with a speedban, I can throw my rating in the mix to see if that tips the scale the other way. For those of you who are new, let me explain.

Normally, your ratings bar only becomes active (and visible) when you reach 50 ratings. From that moment on, if you reach a point where you have way more negatives than positives, you are automatically banned. The exact ratio of negative to positive ratings necessary to get banned is kept secret but let me assure you that it isn't easy to get yourself banned.

Does this mean that as long as your ratingsbar isn't visible, you can't get banned? No. In reality your ratingsbar becomes active (although not visible) when you reach 20 ratings but the ratio necessary to get banned is much, much higher. No really, much higher. As soon as you reach this ratio, you are speedbanned.

A lot of times when someone gets speedbanned, I get asked to undo the ban. Either by the person himself or others. Usually because they feel they were unjustly banned or because they were new and didn't know how the ratings system worked (as if that's an excuse to behave like an a-hole). When I receive such a request, I usually look at the ratings these people got. If I feel the banning was just (read: he was behaving like a complete ass in most threads he participated in) I won't do anything about the ban. In all other cases, there's only one thing I can and will do: throw my own rating in the mix. I can rate a person even after he is banned. If my (positive) ratings tips the scale the other way, the forum software automatically unbans this person.

That's what I did with [the banned member] here. I just gave him a positive rating and see what that did. It unbanned him. It doesn't mean he's in the clear because he is in fact still on the edge. A few negative ratings will be enough to get him permanently banned.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock