Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  She Hunter Defiantly Kills - a Giraffe !? :( (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
She Hunter Defiantly Kills - a Giraffe !? :( by PaulJK
Started on: 08-03-2015 09:35 PM
Replies: 91 (1471 views)
Last post by: randye on 10-12-2015 06:25 PM
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the sad state of affairs this country is in. The guys tuck their tails between their legs and hide and the woman wants to take on the world .

Why the HELL would anyone kill a docile plant-eating giraffe anyway .

http://www.smh.com.au/envir...20150803-giqt33.html

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 08-03-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got no problem killing just about anything if it's for food but, trophy killing is all about bragging rights.

Might take a while to eat a giraffe but anything can be eaten, one bite at a time.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
**** that ***** !
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys do realize that those animals were more than likely taken 100% legally. This means that she more than likely had to pay a hefty price tag for the various permits. That also means that she more than likely had to pay a hefty price to hire a PH (Professional Hunter). That also means she had to pay for food, lodging, entertainment (normal vacation expenses). All of the money that she spent usually stays right in the community. Her hunts provided locals with employment. I would imagine that most of (if not all) of the meat stayed in the communities, feeding some people that can't just go down to the grocery store. The more of these hunts that communities can sell will eventually bring in more ethical hunters and in turn drive out poachers.

There's nothing wrong with trophy hunting if it's done ethically. Hunters are instructed to take mature animals, not just for the trophy, but also for the well being of the herd. It's called conservation. Some may find this disturbing but a bullet to the heart is a much more humane way to die than to starve to death on the African plains.

You guys are focusing your hatred on the wrong people. I fully agree that killing an animal only for it's prize, whether it be husks or horns, is horrible but most hunters from the western world that travel to Africa just aren't that type of person. This woman killing these animals probably did more good as a whole than if she just stayed home.

If you have Outdoor Channel I recommend watching a few episodes of Jim Shockey's Uncharted. He does a lot better job than me explaining the POSITIVE impact hunters have on conservation.

rant over

[This message has been edited by fastblack (edited 08-03-2015).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-03-2015 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

... anything can be eaten, one bite at a time.

2 words for ya... Rosanne Barr
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fastblack:

You guys do realize that those animals were more than likely taken 100% legally.

This hunt, I don't know. The lion hunt, maybe, but again I don't know. I've just heard from what my wife read and told me, that the lion was lured off a sanctuary and once they were able to get it off the sanctuary the hunter took the shot. While it may have been legal to kill an animal off the sanctuary, was it legal to lure one off to kill it or even ethical if no law exists currently for such a situation assuming that's what actually happened?

Either way, honestly this is a side show. It's a giraffe, what's your government doing? Your city police? and so on...
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hear ya, hard to say what went down without being there. I've witnessed that crap happen around here during deer gun season, seems people just lose their heads all over a deer.
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The reason why so many foreign countries allow hunting of their "big game" (and charge hefty permit rates for it too) is for conservation. The revenue generated from legal hunting does more to help the species survive than completely banning all hunting. One example is the fact that much of the revenue generated by legal hunting is used to employ game wardens who can patrol the wildlife areas and arrest poachers. Without the legal hunting revenue, most (if not all) of these countries could not afford to employ game wardens. No game wardens = lots of illegal poaching.

And like fastblack said earlier, the legal hunting industry does more than just pay for the game wardens. It also brings outside revenue into a community which, in turn, provides jobs to people in that community so they aren't forced to illegally poach to feed their families.

Don't get me wrong. Anyone who takes a wild animal illegally is a poacher and a criminal. And they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law (but not in the court of public opinion).

Here in Indiana, deer were almost hunted to a virtual extinction in the last century because of poor regulations and an almost non-existent hunting licensing structure. Without that revenue, the state could not afford to employ conservation officers. But today, the deer are thriving and now need to be controlled because man has removed all the predators. There is so much food available with all the farming that the deer herd would grow out of control, become unhealthy, and die prematurely (due to overpopulation or in many more deer-vehicle collisions than occur now) without intervention by state governed hunting seasons. The revenue stream generated by the hunting license and permit system is used to employ officers who can arrest criminal poachers, improve habitat, conduct wildlife studies, etc..

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 08-04-2015).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Conservation blah blah legal...blah blah.

Who cares?

Some of these people are ****ing whacks man. Straight twisted in the brain freak blood lusty sociopaths.
They smile an evil grin setting animals on fire as a kid.

She Kills a freaking Giraffe and that is where she gets this immense emotional connection damn near bring her tears with it it's utter beauty.
Screw that! They are twisted ****s and that is about it.

Some one give the lady a tissue.
I think she is about to weep.

People like that need two in the temple and let the animals have em for knawing on.
Not that is a connection.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Here's the sad state of affairs this country is in. The guys tuck their tails between their legs and hide and the woman wants to take on the world .

l[/URL]

Cattle, rabbits, and deer are docile plant eating animals...just sayin.

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Hunter Sabrina Corgatelli defiantly posts photos of dead giraffe in wake of Cecil the lion furore

"Giraffes are very dangerous animals. They could hurt you seriously very quickly."

Seems to me that a person with a gun, especially a crazed menopausal woman, can be very dangerous as well. What a b!tch.

I find it rather interesting that among ALL the news stories that people post links to here... nothing (except for the reference in this woman's story) about Cecil the lion being terminated by a trophy hunter.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-19-2015).]

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Some one give the lady a tissue.
I think she is about to weep.

She appears to be grinning ear to ear to my eye. How evil is that?
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You guys do realize that those animals were more than likely taken 100% legally. This means that she more than likely had to pay a hefty price tag for the various permits. That also means that she more than likely had to pay a hefty price to hire a PH (Professional Hunter). That also means she had to pay for food, lodging, entertainment (normal vacation expenses). All of the money that she spent usually stays right in the community. Her hunts provided locals with employment. I would imagine that most of (if not all) of the meat stayed in the communities, feeding some people that can't just go down to the grocery store. The more of these hunts that communities can sell will eventually bring in more ethical hunters and in turn drive out poachers.

There's nothing wrong with trophy hunting if it's done ethically. Hunters are instructed to take mature animals, not just for the trophy, but also for the well being of the herd. It's called conservation. Some may find this disturbing but a bullet to the heart is a much more humane way to die than to starve to death on the African plains.

You guys are focusing your hatred on the wrong people. I fully agree that killing an animal only for it's prize, whether it be husks or horns, is horrible but most hunters from the western world that travel to Africa just aren't that type of person. This woman killing these animals probably did more good as a whole than if she just stayed home.

If you have Outdoor Channel I recommend watching a few episodes of Jim Shockey's Uncharted. He does a lot better job than me explaining the POSITIVE impact hunters have on conservation.

rant over

This.

Illegal hunts should be discouraged and prosecuted but the legal, ethical hunts should be encouraged for the reasons stated above.
And if you want to hunt wild boar, head down to Florida. Kill all you want. They're not native to the area and without enough natural predators, they breed out of control and wreck the ecosystem for the native animals.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mean, evil, crazy, ***** !!!

I can't believe THEY ASKED HER to put down this particular giraffe AND SHE DID IT!!

HuntingLife.com
We just connected with Rebecca Francis and got a statement on her Giraffe hunt that anti-hunters are attacking her for. Rebecca said, "When I was in Africa five years ago I was of the mindset that I would never shoot a giraffe. I was approached toward the end of my hunt with a unique circumstance. They showed me this beautiful old bull giraffe that was wandering all alone. He had been kicked out of the herd by a younger and stronger bull. He was past his breeding years and very close to death. They asked me if I would preserve this giraffe by providing all the locals with food and other means of survival. He was inevitably going to die soon and he could either be wasted or utilized by the local people. I chose to honor his life by providing others with his uses and I do not regret it for one second. Once he was down there were people waiting to take his meat. They also took his tail to make jewelry, his bones to make other things, and did not waste a single part of him. I am grateful to be a part of something so good" REBECCA FRANCIS IS A HUNTER/CONSERVATIONIST and we stand behind her 100%!!

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 08-04-2015).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HuntingLife.com
[...]He was past his breeding years and very close to death.[...]

Well, she looks past her prime breeding years, so....
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rant over

That wasn't a rant,man... that was a well crafted explanation which is what we need more of in all areas of life.

But instead, we get catchy headlines with short, emotion-stirring blurbs and then people rant about it with flecks of foam shootin' out of their mouths.

I think it's wrong to kill animals that are on a PRESERVE, but if the local folks are going to hunt a wild non-endangered foo=foo, and instead of them hunting it and eating it, a person comes and spends a lot of cash all over and then shoots the foo-foo, and takes a thumbs-up pic" and then the local folks eat it...
it's kinda a win-win. But some of the words on some of these things...makes it sound like they are doing the animal a favor...as opposed to letting mother nature do its thing...

Every time I eat some chicken, beef , or other meatstuff, some animal went through a fairly sh*tty life and pretty awful death somewhere else, then folks processed it and then I ended up with it, and I can usually live with it because I didn't hafta deal with (or think about) the first 90% of the story of how my food got to "become the food."... its even easier when it's already pre-packaged and whatnot...

Not that these hunting stories aren't "important", it's just some other stupid story to get hyper-focused on while the REAL stuff's goin' on...if that stuff is even actually important either...

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 08-04-2015).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This woman killing these animals probably did more good as a whole than if she just stayed home.

For sure! I swear the woman is another freakin' Mother Teresa.

Sorry man, I don't buy it. To me she (and that dentist) epitomize the worst of human nature... the need to kill just for the "sport" of it.

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Methinks she likes to kill. A thrill killer. Anyone who shoots that many animals is a thrill killer.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
a crazed menopausal woman, ...

the need to kill just for the "sport" of it.

A crazed menopausal woman who "needs" to kill just for the "sport" of it. That's quite a diagnosis, doctor. You know her motivations, ethical and psychological bearing, not to mention her hormonal balance, all from a few pictures. And being able to tell that her hunts were illegal trophy hunts and that the meat was not used, just amazing.

I can't wait to read your diagnosis of these psychopaths.

TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the meat is going to local people then let them kill them as part of the culling. Game wardens, who ever is local. But I do not get the thrill of killing an animal that I am not going to eat. I don't get why that animal needs to be dead.

If someone wants to kill these animals then go there, kill them and leave all of them there. Let's see how many still do it.

I am a hunter although I don't much anymore but I totally disagree with trophy hunting for the sole sake of a head on my wall or a pelt. I'll just have to be satisfied with deer, pheasant, dove, pigeon and duck heads.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

That's quite a diagnosis, doctor.

I gave my opinion, much like you do with your endless political rants.

I can't wait to read your diagnosis of these psychopaths.

I'd be curious what their motivation was.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

If the meat is going to local people then let them kill them as part of the culling. Game wardens, who ever is local. But I do not get the thrill of killing an animal that I am not going to eat. I don't get why that animal needs to be dead.

If someone wants to kill these animals then go there, kill them and leave all of them there. Let's see how many still do it.

I am a hunter although I don't much anymore but I totally disagree with trophy hunting for the sole sake of a head on my wall or a pelt. I'll just have to be satisfied with deer, pheasant, dove, pigeon and duck heads.

Apparently few people bothered to read my post above.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

Are you suggesting this woman has been asked to kill all these animals? Is she a better shot than the dentist?
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How is my post a reflection that no one read your post? I did.

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 08-04-2015).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'd be curious what their motivation was.

You mean you can't tell? You were able to draw all kinds of conclusions about the crazed menopausal woman.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You mean you can't tell? You were able to draw all kinds of conclusions about the crazed menopausal woman.

Perhaps if you supply a few dozen web sites where the smiling guys with the dead frogs are being discussed I can avail you.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-04-2015 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perhaps if you supply a few dozen web sites where the smiling guys with the dead frogs are being discussed I can avail you.

SHHHHHH We dont discuss those types of plans in front of possible Quebecois...

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh man, just when we thought this discussion couldn't sink any lower.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

How is my post a reflection that no one read your post? I did.

People are still ranting that someone killed a giraffe. This is old news. This happened about 5 years ago. It was a legal kill but one that wasn't planned. She was coming to the end of her hunting period and had no intention of killing a giraffe. The locals asked if she would kill this old giraffe that had been shunned from its herd. She did as they requested to keep the animal from suffering and to feed the village. She paid for her trip, paid for legal permits, shot an old animal that was on its last legs (hardly a "thrill" shot if that is what she was there for), then let the locals cut it up for food, etc. I don't see where she got a head or skin or anything for her trouble and cost. She clearly cares about animals and did the humane thing where this one is concerned. As others have mentioned, her legal hunting funds the wildlife conservation in those countries. How many people across the globe that have griped about this woman and her sport have sent even a single dime to ANYWHERE to feed, medicate, or care for any of these animals in any way?

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The locals asked if she would kill this old giraffe that had been shunned from its herd. She did as they requested to keep the animal from suffering and to feed the village.

The locals need a visiting foreigner to kill an old giraffe?

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:How many people across the globe that have griped about this woman and her sport have sent even a single dime to ANYWHERE to feed, medicate, or care for any of these animals in any way?

It's wild animals. Why do they need to be fed, medicated or cared for? They just need to be left alone...

PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone please explain it to him?
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-04-2015 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, but arm chair quarter backs are having a heyday over this lion and giraffe shat. People cannot get enough of the next shiny thing.

No one gave a damn before. Good job caring now though. So warm and fuzzy. The "Plastic Media" has everyone sad over a lion that most never even heard of before this media circus. I agree that it is not pretty, but legal is legal. If any animal is poached, criminals should suffer fines much stiffer than now. I would easily vote for a lifetime hinting ban for poachers.

Animals are often killed for sport. Regulation hunting is 100% agreeable with me. I will let those that pass out hunting licenses be the judge of animal management in their particular area.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For sure! I swear the woman is another freakin' Mother Teresa.

Sorry man, I don't buy it. To me she (and that dentist) epitomize the worst of human nature... the need to kill just for the "sport" of it.

I get invitations to safari and "domestic" hunts all the time and since I know that it makes our Lefties here FEEL so good, I'm hereby booking ANOTHER ONE in "honor" of them!

Latest email invitation:

Butch is one of my favorites. Always a great hunt.
The rates and fees are reasonable too.

TROPHY FEES;
Eland (Cape) 2 800
Rhino P.O.R Eland (Livingstone’s) 3 500
Buffalo –Greater Kruger
Buffalo – Ranch *
Buffalo cow 14 000
11 000
3 500 Oribi 1 400
Lion * 25 000 Sable 12 000
Lioness * 8 500 Ostrich 800
Leopard 6 000 Civet 750
Leopard license fee 1 000 Genet 450
Leopard pre baiting 1 500 Caracal 900
Hippo 6 000 Serval 900
Crocodile 5 000 African Wild Cat 500
Nyala 3 000 Honey Badger 1 000
Kudu 2 200 Jackal 200
Bushbuck 900 Baboon 200
Impala (ram) 450 Vervet Monkey 200
Impala (ewe) 150 Porcupine 200
Warthog 350 Common Reedbuck 1 250
Blue Wildebeest (bull) 1 350 Mountain Reedbuck 750
Blue Wildebeest (cow) 400 Bushpig (over bait) 650
Black Wildebeest 1 350 Spotted Hyena 3 000
Zebra 1 400 Gemsbuck 1 400
Duiker 450 Klipspringer 1 400
Steenbuck 450 Red Hartebeest 1 300
Tsesseby 3 500 Blesbuck 500
Giraffe 2 500 Blesbuck—White 850
Waterbuck 2 500 Red Lechwe 4 000

DAILY RATES:

Dangerous game – Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Rhino, Elephant, Hippo
$850 per hunter per day where 1 hunter is guided by 1 professional hunter
$750 per hunter per day where 2 hunters are guided by 1 professional hunter
Plains game
$450 per hunter per day where 1 hunter is guided by 1 professional hunter
$350 per hunter per day where 2 hunters are guided by 1 professional hunter
$300 per hunter per day where 4 hunters are guided by 2 professional hunters
Observers
$250 per observer per day

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-04-2015).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

...but legal is legal.

Is this why his guides are already in court, and why the dentist himself is facing possible extradition to Zimbabwe?

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

If any animal is poached, criminals should suffer fines much stiffer than now. I would easily vote for a lifetime hinting ban for poachers.

Why just a fine? Won't hurt a wealthy dentist much.

And why just a ban? He was already on a year's probation for lying to government officials about a bear he shot and killed in Wisconsin.

Why not jail time?

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36535 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by randye:

I get invitations to safari and "domestic" hunts all the time and since I know that it makes our Lefties here FEEL so good, I'm hereby booking ANOTHER ONE in "honor" of them!

Knock yourself out. Perhaps invite Dick Cheney along.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-04-2015).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Knock yourself out. Perhaps invite Dick Cheney along.

Sorry, I don't personally know the man and considering his reported state of health I would have no reason to believe he is in any condition to go on such a hunt.
...and you can save the predicted and obvious smart azz remarks regarding his past hunting accident. I just don't care.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13875 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Why just a fine? Won't hurt a wealthy dentist much.

And why just a ban? He was already on a year's probation for lying to government officials about a bear he shot and killed in Wisconsin.

Why not jail time?

Those high, rugged, snow covered mountain peaks of Wisconsin in the background are always so thrilling to see!
...and isn't that brown KODIAK BEAR a long way from "home"?
What's *your* theory Sparky? You figure they "lured it in" from Alaska to just outside the "Mountains of Minneapolis" for him?
Can't you Lefties find any better Propaganda?

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those high, rugged, snow covered mountain peaks of Wisconsin in the background are always so thrilling to see!
...and isn't that brown KODIAK BEAR a long way from "home"?

Are you suggesting he's only killed one bear? Did I say that was the bear shot in Wisconsin? Trust you to try and make that connection. Fail.

...and you can save the predicted and obvious smart azz remarks regarding his past hunting accident. I just don't care.

Just as I don't care if you shoot yourself in the foot... again.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

People like that need two in the temple and let the animals have em for knawing on.

That statement sounds like it came from a "straight twisted in the brain freak blood lusty sociopath".
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock