Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  I'm More Badazz Then I Even Thought. On A Very Hot Day, I Can Outrun A Horse... (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I'm More Badazz Then I Even Thought. On A Very Hot Day, I Can Outrun A Horse... by Boondawg
Started on: 02-20-2015 09:12 PM
Replies: 182 (3259 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 05-31-2015 09:12 AM
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What the flying **** through a rolling doughnut has gotten into some of you people?

Get away from your computer. Go outside and find some poor cripple democrat to kick to death in the gutter.
At least you will outside shaking off this keyboard krazies illness.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 02-26-2015).]

IP: Logged
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

There's absolutely nothing left that I can post that won't be met with some sort of personal attack.
I mean really, what's left?

Bet that's not going to stop you though, is it?

Kevin
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

What the flying **** through a rolling doughnut has gotten into some of you people?

Get away from your computer. Go outside and find some poor cripple democrat to kick to death in the gutter.
At least you will outside shaking off this keyboard krazies illness.

I got to agree WTF someone took something they read on the idiotnet as a fact and said something, give me a fkn brake, or should I say Boonie.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:
Kevin

I hope not. I find many of Boondawgs posts interesting.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

Kevin

It must be so tiring being you. The things you must have to do.

Given your absolute statistical irrelevance in this world as a sadistic impotent authoritarian desperately trying to prove self importance to your self going after a non confrontational guy like Boonie really shows how incredibly low your station is.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 02-26-2015).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I predict this thread will peak on March 5th.

Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

It must be so tiring being you. The things you must have to do.

Given your absolute statistical irrelevance in this world as a sadistic impotent authoritarian desperately trying to prove self importance to your self going after a non confrontational guy like Boonie really shows how incredibly low your station is.

Whatever floats your boat dude, or dudette.

Kevin

[This message has been edited by Lambo nut (edited 02-26-2015).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I politely post a link about scientists saying that a human on a hot day can beat a horse in a 26.2 mile marathon.
That heinous act entitled people to viciously attack me personally.
Yeah, it was all me.

Was it really just that ? I don't believe it.

When I first started here, I posted my personal feelings about life.
And ended up being personally attacked for it.
So I stopped.

Why ?

I then started posting articles with my opinion about the article.
I was then personally attacked for that.

Why ?

So I just started posting fun articles, no personal opinion and therefore no invitation to personal attacks.
And I am being personally attacked for that.

I'm literally out of options.
I don't attack others for their opinions, I don't go dumping in other's threads, I don't go looking for trouble.
Yet others come seeking me out for bashing.
I really don't get it.

You don't get it.

There's absolutely nothing left that I can post that won't be met with some sort of personal attack.
I mean really, what's left?

Quit whining. Your ratings count is green, .

We're supposed to be grown men...

We are. That don't change facts.

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
For this purpose, the rating system was installed. Some people call it a popularity contest and well, it is.

Do we really have to rate you from behind our hidden keyboard ? Can we not just speak up ?

I remember ... I used to always open my mouth, and be met by ridicule. I used to not say nothing after that. I came to realize that there was a better way to say things, I came to realize that some people were not gonna like what I said. I became aware that I need to defend what I say. I became aware that even the best defense would not be good enough.
I still had something to say.

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2015 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread has reminded me of the hazard a loose nut can be. I will be sure to check the torque before I am done.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2015 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

At the risk of being the next target on this thread, here are some facts:
1. Some Indians could run 100 miles in a day. This is how they relayed messages. They had runners who could cover incredible distances.
2. A man can walk down a horse. Not just anyone, though. It takes some determination. I don't know about a set distance, but usually over several days. If the horse is grain-fed, it takes longer. It has to do with diet and digestion.
3. Yes, horses do sweat, but I wore chaps between my pants leg and the horse, so no, the sweat on my pants leg wasn't from the horse. Also, even if the horse didn't sweat, his hot body would make you sweat wherever your body was in unventilated contact.
4. I have no idea about breeds, but I rode several ”running horses” and a 'palouse ragged trying to run down some mustangs one day. We swapped horses throughout the day. The mustangs kept moving, but I couldn't say at one particular gait. The terrain was brutal. Cholla, rocks, fallen trees, briars, and temps over 100 degrees. The mustangs weren't done when roped.
5. Horses usually walk at 3-4MPH. Diet. 6MPH? Maybe a Tennessee Walker with no load, but then their gait changes.

Boondawgs has posted some threads I didn't care for. I wouldn't have posted on this one, either, but it seems that he was jumped on, ganged up on, and run off. Why? Who cares about all the petty complaints? Whatever his shortcomings may be, he is a contributor.

I did say "depends on gait". Also said it depends on the condition of the horse, just as it depends on the human--most of us can't walk, much less run a marathon, and most of America's pleasure horses (non-working horses) are kept in horrible condition compared to what a wild horse keeps itself in. Horses do sweat--been established-- and they are very good at it, as the equine veterinarian stated in the text I posted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweat_gland#Animals

Non-primate mammals have eccrine sweat glands only on the palms and soles. Apocrine glands cover the rest of the body, though they are not as effective as humans' in temperature regulation (with the exception of horses')

The blanket generalized statement in the article and Opening Post , stated as an absolute, that humans can out perform a horse in a marathon because humans sweat and horses don't (or don't do a very good job of it) is what I had problems with and what I tried to confine my comments to. If a horse, in good condition, and kept hydrated can't outperform a human, it's only because they do a BETTER and more efficient job of sweating.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-11-2015).]

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

I second this Stubby...

Geezze...5 pages talking about sweating horses??? Really guys???

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-11-2015).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really don't get it. Why, is discussing this or any other subject matter a problem? It was posted for discussion, in the right section, so why, is it not supposed to be discussed?

Totally OT--So we all share the love for that little mid-engine sportscar. Chances are we share more interests. This is the place for totally off topic discussions!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I really don't get it. Why, is discussing this or any other subject matter a problem? It was posted for discussion, in the right section, so why, is it not supposed to be discussed?
[QUOTE]Totally OT--So we all share the love for that little mid-engine sportscar. Chances are we share more interests. This is the place for totally off topic discussions!
[/QUOTE]

I'll just mention what I think.
You know how to be decent and respectful. Others seem to have a hard time with that. What I saw was the thread turn into a vehicle for people to make personal statements about Boonie, that he always does these certain annoying things , and it was somehow a personal afront to them and they needed some sort of satisfaction.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

[QUOTE]Totally OT--So we all share the love for that little mid-engine sportscar. Chances are we share more interests. This is the place for totally off topic discussions!
[/QUOTE]

I'm not arguing that. It's just that the OP posted a link to an article that was poorly written and I believe you guys established that fact on page 1. But then proceeded to beat the poor guy into submission about it. What the hell is this fixation on sweating horses? I don't know. Maybe I'm missing something here.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jason88Notchie

1717 posts
Member since Oct 2009

Originally posted by 2.5:

I'll just mention what I think.
You know how to be decent and respectful. Others seem to have a hard time with that. What I saw was the thread turn into a vehicle for people to make personal statements about Boonie, that he always does these certain annoying things , and it was somehow a personal afront to them and they needed some sort of satisfaction.

Hammer.....Meet Nail....

Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We need to let this thread lay in the horse drool and discuss things like how my butt is bigger than yours.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Because of sweat glands in their beaks!

PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post05-31-2015 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess "I" changed it's meaning..

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know what satire and funny is anymore?

Just want to have fun leave me alone
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock