Started on: 09-23-2014 07:00 PM
Replies: 53 (836 views)
Last post by: Cheever3000 on 09-25-2014 09:22 PM
Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post09-25-2014 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

It is insane that we pass the Patriot act without a whimper and continue to allow it to usurp the constitution but a coffee cup and an absent minded gesture raises half the red flags in this country.

Um.. tons of people had issues with the Patriot act. We did voice our opinion. We were also ignored and it passed anyway.
IP: Logged
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be nice if in the future, maybe 20 or 30 years from now, the Patriot act is looked back on as similar to the Japanese internment act, an overreaction and unnecessary violation of personal rights.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

When I complain about Obama, I'm told it's hatred, racism, or I'm unpatriotic. You've done as much in this thread.

I said there are "haters"... just want to hate no matter what Obama does and he can do no right.

I've never supported a double standard and your suggesting I have shows you either aren't paying attention or are just trying to argue. I tend to believe the latter because you like to start off discrediting the commenter rather than addressing the issue raised.

Here is my first response to this topic (below)... Let me break it down.... I start off stating my opinion of the topic, and follow up with more opinion on the topic and of those who are promoting it (maybe this is where you think I am trying to discredit someone... well, no, I am giving my opinion on those who are making a big deal out of this - which is really the media and those who jump for joy when something like this is brought to light.... "see... Obama has no respect for military"... "see we told you... see... see".... yeah, those types). Then I ask about what others think of another President doing the same thing. Then I followup with a quote from a retired Marine, to put the whole thing in perspective as it isn't required, but something that was started just recently in presidential history.

The issue at hand is not really what Obama did... it is the circus surrounding of this whole episode... what Obama did isn't a big deal, yet it is making the rounds in the right wing world... "look ... look... Obama is at it again!".... That is the issue and I addressed it.

Also, you may say you don't have a double standard, but your general comments seem to suggest that you scrutinize Obama over every little thing while others are given less attention. Just a generalization and a personal observation. It may or may not be true, but to me, this is what I see.

While Obama shouldn't have done it that way, I think this is just another witch hunt by the haters... Anyone want to talk about Bush saluting with dog in hand?
Or how about when Obama forgot to salute and returned to the Marine and shook his hand? http://politicalticker.blog...a-forgets-to-salute/

BTW, the President is not required to salute, that is a "recent" tradition.

Carey Winfrey, the retired editor of Smithsonian Magazine and a former Marine, wrote an outstanding article for the New York Times about the presidential salute. In it, he asserts, “when it comes to salutes (and one or two other matters), presidents deserved to be cut some slack.”
-http://blogs.militarytimes.com/battle-rattle/2014/09/23/obama-salute-coffee/
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post09-25-2014 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

It would be nice if in the future, maybe 20 or 30 years from now, the Patriot act is looked back on as similar to the Japanese internment act, an overreaction and unnecessary violation of personal rights.

Many of us do that now
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post09-25-2014 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by jaskispyder:
what Obama did isn't a big deal

To you perhaps. If he wasn't going to take it seriously and do it 1/2 assed, he should have just nodded and moved on. He *volunteered* to salute, he could have at least done it with respect.

He is a disrespectful jerk. And here is yet another example. This was not an accident or oversight, his total disdain for this country and all that it stands for is systemic, and part of core personality.

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 09-25-2014).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I said there are "haters"... just want to hate no matter what Obama does and he can do no right.

The very first response your posted directed to me was:

Too funny.... I guess pointing out that it has happened with another president isn't good enough because it was Bush? Ah.. hate away, it really does show how low anti-obama folks will go try and make Obama look bad. BTW, Obama is hitting ISIS targets in Syria... where is the praise from those who wanted this? Pretty quiet, as many didn't think Obama would do it and they were proven wrong. But don't worry, I am sure they will find something wrong with it. Heck, even Putin doesn't like it and we know how he likes to invade other countries. Oh well, as stated, saluting only started with Ronnie, so it isn't like we can go back 50 years and look at what was done and who did it the best. Hate away, but it does seem really, really petty, but I guess that is what it comes down to now-a-days.

You open with remarking that you find my comment amusing, attempting to trivialize what I said rather than address it directly. Then you tell me to "hate away" - unless your reponse to me wasn't addressing me. I'm not an English teacher, but both sentences where you say "hate away" seem to be directed to me personally, not 'haters' in general.

Did I misquote you? Did you misspeak?
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You open with remarking that you find my comment amusing, attempting to trivialize what I said rather than address it directly. Then you tell me to "hate away" - unless your reponse to me wasn't addressing me. I'm not an English teacher, but both sentences where you say "hate away" seem to be directed to me personally, not 'haters' in general.

Did I misquote you? Did you misspeak?

Oh... so it was my comment to you. I wish you would have said that.

As I said, personally, I see your comments as "anti-obama"... as if Obama can do no right and you "hate" everything he DOES. BTW, people can hate a person for who they are (and some here do... not saying you... but some hate him for being alive, some hate him for the color of his skin). Would it be correct to say you hate most of HIS ACTIONS (not the person, but what he does)?

Also, this whole thing is a trivial matter. It is just more of the same thing from the right wing, anti-obama (I won't use haters) crowd. It doesn't matter what he does, they won't be happy. Your comments are starting to fall into this mix. It doesn't seem to matter what Obama does, you don't like it and you question it. Just like your comments in the other topic related to ISIS and Syria. You went back and forth with Maryjane about Obama ending the war and if this is another war, etc. It seems as if you can't cut Obama any slack on anything. Again, this is what I see and feel. We won't agree. People here will say I "support Obama"... but really, I am just calling out the double standard practices the anti-obama (I won't use haters) are using.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post09-25-2014 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As I said, personally, I see your comments as "anti-obama"... as if Obama can do no right and you "hate" everything he DOES. BTW, people can hate a person for who they are (and some here do... not saying you... but some hate him for being alive, some hate him for the color of his skin). Would it be correct to say you hate most of HIS ACTIONS (not the person, but what he does)?

I know it wasn't directed towards me, but if someone stands for something you oppose 180 degrees and every action they take you disagree with, is it wrong to hate the *person* as well? What is a person but a collection of their viewpoints and actions ?

And who says you have to like everyone in the first place?

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 09-25-2014).]

FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

And who says you have to like everyone in the first place?

EXACTLY !!!!!!!

What people seem to fail to realise is that it is ok to not like someone. It's human nature. On that note i will openly say I don't like Obama. I'll pick on his half assed wimpy salute all day long if i want. Why? because i can. When i was active duty Marine corp my salutes where crisp and perfect. So i feel safe criticizing our "commander in chief" (uhh) on his shitbird salute. Do it correct or don't do it at all.

better salute than Obama

------------------
ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

[This message has been edited by FIEROPHREK (edited 09-25-2014).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As I said, personally, I see your comments as "anti-obama"... as if Obama can do no right and you "hate" everything he DOES

That much is obvious. I wasn't even talking about Obama's salute when you started talking about my hatred for him. The only time I've discussed Obama in this thread was to directly answer a question you posed. I was discussing other people's reactions, not Obama. In our exchanges here, I've tried to explain that and you still say my posts are falling into that mix of anti-Obama rhetoric. It doesn't really matter what I actually post, you'll see it as "anti-Obama."

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 09-25-2014).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone was so focused on the coffee in his hand. What about this?

Click to show
PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post09-25-2014 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Everyone was so focused on the coffee in his hand. What about this?

Click to show

well myself i dont run around looking at guys crotches, so if his zipper was down id never notice. And that would fall under 'accident' not 'disrespect' anyway.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People have made a bigger deal out of this than it really is. Was it disrespectful? Yeah, but not nearly as disrespectful as using a Marine to hold an umbrella.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock