Started on: 09-15-2014 02:58 AM
Replies: 53 (701 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 09-22-2014 01:27 PM
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2014 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

I can't say Nessie doesn't exist just because it's never been found but others can't say it does exist because I haven't proven it doesn't. With the electron example it's totally fair for someone to say they don't believe they exist because they have never seen one. I certainly haven't and I've been playing with them for decades.

We believe there are electrons because we can measure their influence and predict their behavior... ie... supporting data.

IP: Logged
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2014 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:
As for me, there is no reason to believe, as we have about the same amount of chance as finding intelligent life on mars

...sometimes I wonder if there is any here on planet earth...

Now I am not saying that Nessie exists (or doesn't) - just keeping an open mind that perhaps it just might be possible especially considering all the new species that they find daily (especially in the ocean) . Heck there was a recent media report about a new uncontacted tribe...
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2014 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We believe there are electrons because we can measure their influence and predict their behavior... ie... supporting data.

I believe because I've felt them! Ok, there's the opening.

rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nessie is not the only one of these supposed animals. Theres 1/2 dozen other lakes in the world that claim similar sightings. Lake Champlain is only one more of them. Its a fact that there are many underwater channels and caverns/caves all over the world...they are not a fantasy. There are even vast underground lakes (aqui-firs) on nearly every landmass.

http://water.usgs.gov/edu/earthgwaquifer.html

http://beforeitsnews.com/sc...n-kenya-2636434.html
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Nessie is not the only one of these supposed animals. Theres 1/2 dozen other lakes in the world that claim similar sightings. Lake Champlain is only one more of them. Its a fact that there are many underwater channels and caverns/caves all over the world...they are not a fantasy. There are even vast underground lakes (aqui-firs) on nearly every landmass.

http://water.usgs.gov/edu/earthgwaquifer.html

http://beforeitsnews.com/sc...n-kenya-2636434.html

How big are these channels, how deep, how are they connected? You are telling us that Nessie can travel in these underground channels? Why don't other creatures? Why only Nessie?

BTW, yes, there are underground water sources, that is not fantasy and I didn't say that, but.... the ability of a LARGE animal to use these waterways is fantasy. If you can prove some proof that other animals (of similar size) use these waterways, then we could say that Nessie could also. But so far, no one is claiming that large animals travel in this manner.

FYI.... "An aquifer is an underground layer of water-bearing permeable rock or unconsolidated materials (gravel, sand, or silt) from which groundwater can be extracted using a water well. "

Maybe you can explain how Nessie can swim through gravel, sand or silt... or is that something that current science can't explain?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some are just underground lakes...one is in Ohio. Its not water soaked gravel. Ill just assume an animal can swim thru the 'gravel' as well as Ohio scuba divers can.

Ive got better things to do than post hundreds of underwater caves and channels for you. Ill just post one. Looks big enough for a large animal to me. You want more, look for them yourself. Im watching Sprint Cup practice.

You lost credibility when your a person that actually bought an Aztec.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 09-19-2014).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roger, if you are going to insult me... try using the correct spelling of AZTEK.

BTW, when I tell you that Aquifers are not all open lakes (maybe you equate aquifer to cave), this is more of that SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE of why your arguments just don't work. I know you really want this to be true (for some odd reason), but you are placing your "need to believe" over scientific evidence. Next you are going to tell us you believe that there really is an Easter Bunny and that Santa Claus is a real person (there are plenty of photos and legends, so I guess it must be true... at least with your logic).

Some are just underground lakes...one is in Ohio. Its not water soaked gravel. Ill just assume an animal can swim thru the 'gravel' as well as Ohio scuba divers can.

Ive got better things to do than post hundreds of underwater caves and channels for you. Ill just post one. Looks big enough for a large animal to me. You want more, look for them yourself. Im watching Sprint Cup practice.

You lost credibility when your a person that actually bought an Aztec.

tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For what it's worth Santa Clause was based on a real person. Saint Nickolaus.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not OPEN lakes....underground lakes that are not open to the surface. Again, I could care less if there is or is not something in the lake. AGAIN, I just say you count discount it all because there have been some proven hoaxes. Science just a few hundred years ago thought the world was flat and the sun, moon and stars revolved around it. You could go to prison for thinking otherwise. We can take your advanced knowledge of everything and assume there is nothing left to discover about the earth, we now know everything there is because you said so. Since you are the almighty wizard, everyone should take what you believe to be the only truth on any subject. You can believe whatever you want or disbelieve anything, no one cares. Your opinion is just your opinion and no one gives a crap.

I spelled it the way it is in the dictionary
http://www.britannica.com/E...ed/topic/46981/Aztec

I cant be blamed for GM being too stupid to spell names correctly. They cant do anything else right either. (ie/ they even discontinued Fieros just when they were getting it right)

Yes and there are Easter Bunnies. You can even buy them in stores at Easter. And for future reference there are also tooth fairies (AKA parents). There are also practicing witches.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 09-19-2014).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not OPEN lakes....underground lakes that are not open to the surface. Again, I could care less if there is or is not something in the lake. AGAIN, I just say you count discount it all because there have been some proven hoaxes. Science just a few hundred years ago thought the world was flat and the sun, moon and stars revolved around it. You could go to prison for thinking otherwise. We can take your advanced knowledge of everything and assume there is nothing left to discover about the earth, we now know everything there is because you said so. Since you are the almighty wizard, everyone should take what you believe to be the only truth on any subject. You can believe whatever you want or disbelieve anything, no one cares. Your opinion is just your opinion and no one gives a crap.

I spelled it the way it is in the dictionary
http://www.britannica.com/E...ed/topic/46981/Aztec

I cant be blamed for GM being too stupid to spell names correctly. They cant do anything else right either. (ie/ they even discontinued Fieros just when they were getting it right)

Yes and there are Easter Bunnies. You can even buy them in stores at Easter. And for future reference there are also tooth fairies (AKA parents). There are also practicing witches.

Most people didn't believe the earth was flat, that again, is just another myth.
Aztek is the spelling GM used.

My opinion on this matter is based on scientific facts and tested theories.

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by tebailey:

For what it's worth Santa Clause was based on a real person. Saint Nickolaus.

Yup... and excellent marketing by Coke.

PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Most people didn't believe the earth was flat, that again, is just another myth.
Aztek is the spelling GM used.

My opinion on this matter is based on scientific facts and tested theories.

From everything I ever seen or read, back then everyone believed it was flat...you either believed it or went to prison.

So GM executives cant spell...nothing new here.

So you base your opinions on what others tell you to believe just because they have degrees in whatever.....that explains a lot. Gore must follow the same policy since he started the global warming fiasco. I prefer making mine on what I can find out for myself and my own experiences...not on what some birdbrain with a certificate on the wall apparently ' knows '.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 09-22-2014).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I prefer making mine on what I can find out for myself and my own experiences...not on what some birdbrain with a certificate on the wall apparently ' knows '.

Explains a lot about you....

BTW for "believers of flat earth"... you will find that most people knew the earth wasn't flat and they didn't go to prison for believing so. I would point out the articles to support this, but you like to "find out yourself"... or maybe you like not knowing. whatever.... stay uninformed if it makes you happy.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All the history textbooks I had in school said that at that time, they believed the earth was flat and the sun, moon and stars revolved around it. Going to the end meant you would fall off. Thats what the scientists of the time told everyone. Thats what my textbooks said. I guess you were there though, so you know the truth. I think it was Galileo or some other scientist at the time was imprisoned for his 'blasfamy' in saying otherwise.

You live in a black and white world, I live in one with color. You probably believe everything Obuma says too. Hes 'well educated ', and dont know crap about anything in the world. Like I told you earlier, you cant prove something dont exist...no one can. I prefer to believe anything is possible...like a real scientist can. It dont only apply to a real or imaginary creature in a lake I dont give a crap about.

Im done arguing with you since you already know everything. Im getting really bored. Its like talking to a brick wall. Its your way or no way.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 09-22-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock