Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Better Late Than Never; Was I Supposed To Be Making A Life Plan....Setting A Goal? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Better Late Than Never; Was I Supposed To Be Making A Life Plan....Setting A Goal? by Boondawg
Started on: 09-07-2014 12:08 AM
Replies: 42 (478 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 09-09-2014 05:13 PM
Zeb

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
So, my parents retired in "The Villages" in Ocala. For those who don't know, it's a retirement CITY of 100,000+ people who ride around in golf carts, drink, party, and do whatever all day in their "Disney designed" themed cities with music piped into them.

In any case, I was at Tires Plus getting tires put on my car and I was waiting in the waiting room. Some old dude was sitting there and his phone rang, and the conversation went like this:

"Yes?"

"Fine...."

"I know... you don't have to tell me."

"Yes... I know..."

"I know. Ok, is there anything else?"

"Fine, goodbye..."

So I asked the guy... "Wife nagging?"

And the guy just looked at me and nodded and then turned away. Then after a second he turned back around and said....

"You know... never retire. You young kids, you don't get it... you think retirement will be awesome. But you think your wife nags now? Just wait until you're home with her all day long. All she will do is nag. Just wait and see...."

Haha...

When my Dad retired, about three months later my Mom was talking to my wife and said, " I love that man, and I married him for better or worse, but not for lunch every day." Dad had to get out and find a part-time job.
IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Life is what happens while you're making plans.

I agree, planning is good, but remember to live each day out well in the meantime.

Kudos to folks who set up a plan and stick to it.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

When my Dad retired, about three months later my Mom was talking to my wife and said, " I love that man, and I married him for better or worse, but not for lunch every day." Dad had to get out and find a part-time job.

Hahah...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock