Tumor on my neck. by fierogtlt1
Started on: 08-29-2014 12:12 AM
Replies: 154 (3475 views)
Last post by: FriendGregory on 02-18-2015 02:14 AM
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well Monday was my last radiation treatment for my mouth and throat for a while.The doctor want to start doing a aggressive radiation on my
sternum with the bone cancer they have recently found.So now tomorrow morning I sart my chemotherapy at 10:00am for a five hour session.
And the back to the Cancer Center for the radiation for the bone cancer in the afternoon.
IP: Logged
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the update

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 10-15-2014).]

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have you in my prayers. I hope you get over this.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

I have you in my prayers. I hope you get over this.

Thank You John.....

I am just now getting my taste buds back and my mouth isn't as raw from the radiation.I haven't been able to eat any solid food for 2 weeks.
It's just a toss up of when I will be able to go back to normal.Swapping radiation treatments between the bone cancer in my sternum and back.
The squamous cell carcinoma cancer in my mouth and throat.And the Chemotherapy I receive every Wednesday for the liver cancer.

Hopefully only another couple of months I will finally be done with all of this.
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good vibes they get it all with none of it ever rearing its ugly head ever again.

Steve
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well.....It finally happened..I woke up this morning with a whole bunch of hair on my pillow.I have some patches on my head missing and even some of my facial hair gone in patches.Now I have the Joe Dirt look on my facial hair "Where it looked like it grew in all white trashy and didn't grow in spots".I can just scratch my goatee and it just falls straight out and leaves it smooth like a babies but.So soon it will be time to shave my whole head.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

Well.....It finally happened..I woke up this morning with a whole bunch of hair on my pillow.I have some patches on my head missing and even some of my facial hair gone in patches.Now I have the Joe Dirt look on my facial hair "Where it looked like it grew in all white trashy and didn't grow in spots".I can just scratch my goatee and it just falls straight out and leaves it smooth like a babies but.So soon it will be time to shave my whole head.

Sorry to hear that, its the chemo that's causing that I think anyway from what I know about it, having lost a few friends and family members to cancer who were going threw the chemo. Look at it this way if you shave it all off you won't have to worry about clogging any more drains in you home.

Steve
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got home from The Cancer Center for my daily Radiation treatment and the Doctor seemed to be very positive with my Radiation and Chemo treatments.The tumor on my neck is now only the size of maybe a quarter.
Before it was the size of a tennis ball.He also said in about a week I will be able to start eating regular food.He also went over the cancer in my lower back,he said with the cancer fusing my vertebra was like walking around with a broken back.The radiation has pretty much killed of the cancer in my sternum and my back and now I only have about 5 more Chemotherapy treatments.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's awesome news, man! It's good that you are seeing actual progress (shrinking of the tumor)

Keep us in the loop!
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's great news, glad to hear it.

Steve

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear the improvement. Dont sweat the hair, you are now more aerodynamic
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome news. Hang in there and try to stay positive if you can. If you are able to keep anything down cut out sugars entirely to give your immune system it's full capability.

ILVMYGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ILVMYGTSend a Private Message to ILVMYGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are having trouble swallowing you might try Cool Whip. My wife had a friend that went through radiation therapy on her throat and had problems swallowing. Someone suggested the Cool Whip and it her helped a lot.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2014 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got home from Chemo and Radiation this afternoon.Been there since 9:00am.to 4:00pm.
At least I got to take a long nap in between the changing of the IV bags.The Chemo and the Radiation treatments went pretty smooth today and no sickness so far.Plus after today I can barely even see where my neck tumor was even at.I am soo glad that I went the radiation/chemo route because it seems to making very fast progress.A couple more radiation treatments for my bone cancer and hopefully I will be back to normal around the middle of November.Now I just need to get my mouth and throat to heal from the radiation so I can start eating again.The tastebuds,upper palette and the skin on the side of my mouth is all brand new so everything is very strong flavored and it is difficult to swallow.Doctor said in about a week I should be able to eat solid foods.
Thank You again for all your thoughts and prayers during the time I have spent going through this ordeal...
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2014 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got home from Chemo and Radiation this afternoon.Been there since 9:00am.to 4:00pm.
At least I got to take a long nap in between the changing of the IV bags.The Chemo and the Radiation treatments went pretty smooth today and no sickness so far.Plus after today I can barely even see where my neck tumor was even at.I am soo glad that I went the radiation/chemo route because it seems to making very fast progress.A couple more radiation treatments for my bone cancer and hopefully I will be back to normal around the middle of November.Now I just need to get my mouth and throat to heal from the radiation so I can start eating again.The tastebuds,upper palette and the skin on the side of my mouth is all brand new so everything is very strong flavored and it is difficult to swallow.Doctor said in about a week I should be able to eat solid foods.
Thank You again for all your thoughts and prayers during the time I have spent going through this ordeal...

Glad to hear things are getting better, and don't take this the wrong way but I don't think you have ever been normal, you do own a Fiero !

Good vibes you caught it in time and it never returns !

Steve
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I got my last radiation treatment done for the week.Get the weekend off to recoup then back at it next week.
At least I found out some good news today that I only have 6 Radiation treatments left and only 4 Chemotherapy treatments left.So hopefully I will be able to say I am cancer free by the end of November.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear that the treatment seems to be having positive results. Wishing you all the best!
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fabulous news Todd. Very glad to hear things moving in the right direction.

Let me know when you want these car parts and I'll bring them by.
If you don't have my cell # anymore, PM me.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2002z28ssconv:

Fabulous news Todd. Very glad to hear things moving in the right direction.

Let me know when you want these car parts and I'll bring them by.
If you don't have my cell # anymore, PM me.

I might try to make it to the next Central Florida Fieros meeting next month.
Just let me know if you are gonna make it or not.

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 10-25-2014).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to the cancer center today for my daily Radiation treatment.Talked with my Doctor bout still not being able to eat at all.I've lost around 40 lbs.and I am very weak and barely able to drink anything either.He said I might have to get a feeding tube soon for all the nutrients I have lost in the last 2 months.They are also in the process of getting me a hospital bed....Hopefully this all works out soon.

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 10-27-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a updated picture of me getting my weekly Chemotherapy treatment.

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2014 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I got my very last Radiation treatment done today.. And I went to my appointment afterwards with my cancer doctor and he said I am doing great with my recovery.Now I only have 4 Chemotherapy treatments left to do.Luckily that is only every Wednesday for about 6 hours of infusion...I can't wait till this is all over. Plus I have lost all of my hair already.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2014 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear things are looking up and hope they get it all.

Steve
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My guess is when you are able to get some nutrients in you, you will feel better too.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank You to you three for the positive vibes and words.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2014 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Me laying in bed at the Dr. Phillips hospital getting my weekly Chemotherapy treatment.At least I am done with all my Radiation treatments and now I only have two chemo treatments left.Plus I can finally eat some normal food besides soup for a change.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2014 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear your treatments are almost over and that they are working for you that real food is going to taste great to you when you get to actually have some and you need to watch it that you don't overdue it.

Good vibes that they got it all and it never comes back to rear its ugly head ever again !

Steve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear you can eat normal food! Thanks for keeping us posted. Feel better!
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you are getting over the hump. I still have you in my prayers for a fast recovery.
PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank You very much for the kind words of encouragement.At least the tumor on my neck is completely gone now and I go back to the cancer treatment center on Dec.22nd. for a follow up to see if all the cancer is gone.So hopefully I will be able to say I am cancer free soon.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hang in there. Best wishes.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank You very much for the kind words of encouragement.At least the tumor on my neck is completely gone now and I go back to the cancer treatment center on Dec.22nd. for a follow up to see if all the cancer is gone.So hopefully I will be able to say I am cancer free soon.

Glad to have some positive updates!!!

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 11-23-2014).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2014 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it seems I forgot that I have a follow up appointment at The Cancer Center tomorrow.So hopefully the doctor says that everything is going good with my Chemo treatments with only 2 left to go..."WOOHOO".I am praying that he says everything is going alright with my treatments.It seems that the last three months have really turned my world upside down.Back in 2007 I was diagnosed with Systemic Scleroderma and was givin a 3 to 5 year life expectancy from my doctors.I had multiple lung surgeries and biopsies to help me along the way
with this disease.So in 2010 I was forced to retire by the request of the doctors.They pretty much said if I don't retire I will be dead in a year.
I wasn't really thinking about retiring at 40 years old.So now it has been almost 5 year since I retired and I pretty much have the Scleroderma under control.Then at the end of August of this year I found a lump on my neck and immediately told my doctor about it and got a biopsy of
which came out to be positive for cancer.Then the cancer spread and ended up with head and neck cancer on my neck.Bone cancer in my back and my sternum and then spread to my liver.So with all this going on they had me do 3 months of Chemotherapy once a week and do
Radiation every day Monday thru Friday for 3 months.So now I am soo week and can barely do anything without the use of Oxygen.I am just
hoping that I can get back to normal at the beginning of the year with some positive news from the doctor about my progression with this.
I am sorry for rambling on so much,but it is nice to just be able to talk about this and get it off my chest anyway.Thank You...
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for keeping us posted on your progress! You're in our thoughts and prayers.
Keep on fighting!!
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2014 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, feel free to speak your mind and don't give up!
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2014 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I went to my follow up appointment today and got great news.The tumor on my neck and the cancer in my throat and neck is completely gone.So the doctors decided to have me stop my chemo
2 weeks early.So I get to take a break from any more chemo at this point in time.The only downfall is
that the cancer on my liver grew 3 cm. bigger and I have a new bone lesion on my spine.So my doctors
will be coming up with a new chemo cocktail for my liver and bone for the future.

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 11-26-2014).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2014 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well I went to my follow up appointment today and got great news.The tumor on my neck and the cancer in my throat and neck is completely gone.So the doctors decided to have me stop my chemo
2 weeks early.So I get to take a break from any more chemo at this point in time.The only downfall is
that the cancer on my liver grew 3 cm. bigger and I have a new bone lesion on my spine.So my doctors
will be coming up with a new chemo cocktail for my liver and bone for the future.

Glad to hear things are looking up, sorry to hear the liver isn't doing so good so here are some more good vibes they get that and nip it in the bud before it gets any worse !

Hope you can actually eat some of that Thanksgiving Turkey and enjoy it at home with your family !

Steve
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2014 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope you continue to improve in spite of the liver issue! Keep fighting!

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 11-27-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock