Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Were Do I Find Those To Tell Me How Importent I am To Their Continue Personal Growth? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Were Do I Find Those To Tell Me How Importent I am To Their Continue Personal Growth? by Boondawg
Started on: 08-18-2014 07:31 PM
Replies: 43 (536 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 08-21-2014 06:41 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2014 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do people tell other people how they have helped them to move forward in their thinking?
I mean, I could really use some encouragement at this juncture in my life.....some (any) success stories...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Do people tell other people how they have helped them to move forward in their thinking?
I mean, I could really use some encouragement at this juncture in my life.....some (any) success stories...

I don't know about my personal growth, but, there have been plenty of times i was having a bad day, then read one of your funny posts, and immediately felt better.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few times, someone will come up to me (or send me an email) and tell me I said something to them which they took to heart and followed through with, and it made a profound difference.
That's why I come here and make some of the threads that I do- I'd rather do that at least occasionally the land just make my normal 'silly' threads...

I went to a reunion work gathering once, and this one woman came up and told me that she went back to school and got her degree after I verbally barraged her about doing it years ago. That was pretty cool, although I barely remember doing so.

You make a difference, Boone, just by you BEING here.

I'd write more, but my battery is LOW

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 08-18-2014).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2014 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

I don't know about my personal growth, but, there have been plenty of times i was having a bad day, then read one of your funny posts, and immediately felt better.

Close enough!

And I relish your words.
It grounds me and makes me think about how I could try harder being connected...and for a guy with my bent(s), that's heady stuff!
Thanx!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 08-18-2014).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2014 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

A few times, someone will come up to me (or send me an email) and tell me I said something to them which they took to heart and followed through with, and it made a profound difference.
That's why I come here and make some of the threads that I do- I'd rather do that at least occasionally the land just make my normal 'silly' threads...

I went to a reunion work gathering once, and this one woman came up and told me that she went back to school and got her degree after I verbally barraged her about doing it years ago. That was pretty cool, although I barely remember doing so.

You make a difference, Boone, just by you BEING here.

I'd write more, but my battery is LOW

I never worry about you.
You are my 'Touchstone'.

If we crash in a plane, you are in charge of saving our lives.
I'm just building fires and putting meat on the table.

And my fat azz is no fan of wading in snow nut-deep to kill, gut, & skin a mole.
So get busy, science-biznitch!

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We both like pudding
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2014 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

We both like pudding

In the Apocalypse, that's gonna' be a problem...
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are your own success story. At times I wish I had your joy. But I am working at it. Good luck in whatever it is you seek.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2014 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
At times I wish I had your joy.

You know, of course, that that could just be some dumbsh!t fooling himself...again.

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In the Apocalypse, that's gonna' be a problem...

Psh, sharing is caring... I'm starting a cult
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2014 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Psh, sharing is caring... I'm starting a cult

Let's call it "The Way Of The Truth".
It pops!

PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

Same here.

I also find it amazing how Boonie can just jump into something with reckless abandon... and somehow make it work. I could never do that; I'm too cautious. It's abso-freaking-lutely amazing how he does that.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2014 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I also find it amazing how Boonie can just jump into something with reckless abandon... and somehow make it work. I could never do that; I'm too cautious. It's abso-freaking-lutely amazing how he does that.

Yeah, I hear Hitler was real good at that kinda' stuff, too.....it's called "charisma"!

Post Script: The thought of 'Reckless Abandon' SO turns me on!!!
Even when it's me completely destroying what otherwise was a perfectly good conversation about logical rationality...

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I make a point to actively encourage speaking both positives and negatives in a very real way with my friends.

It has promoted strong conversations and friendships that otherwise wouldn't have bonded so.

Now I receive my own words of affirmation after opening them up. I also get told down sometimes, as needed.

Surround yourself with the people that make you happy. I guarantee you make them happy as well.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I enjoy how at times you notice and appreciate the little things in life. I do this as well.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, I hear Hitler was real good at that kinda' stuff, too.....it's called "charisma"!

Post Script: The thought of 'Reckless Abandon' SO turns me on!!!
Even when it's me completely destroying what otherwise was a perfectly good conversation about logical rationality...

lol.. True, but as everyone here on the forum knows, logical rationality rarely lasts long in any topic of conversation. The majority of us sometimes get so wrapped up in our own ideals and beliefs that rationality often gets thrown out the window half way through a conversation. I often myself personally try not to add my personal opinion on most subject discussed here on the forums, for various reasons, but mainly because alot of the time im not educated enough in the topic, whatever it may be at the time, to feel qualified to throw my opinion in there. But when i see things break down in a topic, and as mentioned, rationality exits the scene, and the bickering and putdowns start flying, i tend to jump in and make a post not to give my own opinion on the topic, but to attempt to get people on both sides of whatever argument is going on, to possibly take a step back and attempt to see the negativity or sometimes hatred being slug at each other, in the hope they might at least attempt to see each others perspective, even if just for a second.

The "Global Warming" topic is an excellent example of this. Just think how long that topic is, and click on any one of the many pages it has grown to, and you will find put downs, insults, people talking down to one another, the "im smart and your not" being thrown back and fourth in that topic astounds me. And the true fact of the matter is, everyone in that topic, not one of them is a true expert on anything being discussed, many intelligent people hang out in there, but when you break things down they are still just internet jockeys copying and pasting information they find on the web, and that topic a very long time ago devolved into nothing but one side trying to prove the other wrong, using whatever they can find to do so, regardless of the integrity of the information being shared, "if it makes the other guy sound stupid, im gonna throw it in mentality" that topic will probably continue to be that way because in reality, everyone in there just won't admit that they "just don't really know"..

Boonie, sometimes i follow your lead, and do it with a joke, or on rare occasions ill see someone who is just being plain mean and rude, and call them out on it, weather it be one side or the other, or sometimes both. Usually without adding any of my own opinions about the conversation because i feel unqualified to truly give one. But if i can, at least attempt, to get one or both sides to "ease up" and possibly see things from different perspectives, i feel like i can at least contribute to the validity of whatever argument is going on. Call me a forum referee if you will. lol.

Because ill be the first to admit, alot of topics that get going on here, i don't feel educated enough about the topic to truly contribute what i would consider good information, especially when it comes to politics, alot of the time arguments from both sides make sense to me, and make points i can agree and disagree with, but when people start slinging insults, putdowns, i hate it when i see people treating each other that way, especially when i see a person "talking down" to another, regardless of the argument going on, that bothers me alot, as i feel it is accomplishing nothing other than "De-evolving" the situation and moving backwards instead of forwards. I don't always succeed, but there are times where ill see a topic break down due to personal bickering, and ill make a post like i just mentioned, and even if nobody responds to me personally, ill suddenly see the topic shift more on track and see people "ease up" on one another and continue on. Then i feel like i contributed, maybe not to the issue itself, but at least to keeping each other from blowing up at one another so the topic can be continued to be discussed, with at least some semblance of civility.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 08-19-2014).]

Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YOU need encouragement?

The guy who saw his world crash to smithereens (probably several times) around him, and simply picked up and kept on truckin'?

Or started over from scratch?

Who started with nothing, and still has most of it left?

Who survived an Alaskan winter in a Chevy Vega?

Who, in the midst of the worst economy in living memory, in search of a job in an arguably dying industry, relocated several thousand miles from the only home he knew, and not just found work, but prospered?

That guy? I could go on, but you know the story better than I do. Stop looking at your failures. Stop looking at how far you have to go.

Look at your sucesses. Look at how far you've come.

To those who said you couldn't: You did. And not to spite them. But because you wanted to. Or, more amazingly, because you had nothing better to do that day.

The only thing you've failed at is quitting.

You're my freakin' hero.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2014 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

YOU need encouragement?

The guy who saw his world crash to smithereens (probably several times) around him, and simply picked up and kept on truckin'?

Who, in the midst of the worst economy in living memory, in search of a job in an arguably dying industry, relocated several thousand miles from the only home he knew, and not just found work, but prospered?

That guy? I could go on, but you know the story better than I do. Stop looking at your failures. Stop looking at how far you have to go.

To those who said you couldn't: You did. And not to spite them. But because you wanted to. Or, more amazingly, because you had nothing better to do that day.

You're my freakin' hero.

Well, there is the whole "no kids" thing.
And I never really made anything out of myself, or even lived up to my potential.

But this was more about how we don't tell the people that we interact with on a regular basis just how much they help in the way we evolve in our thought process.

It's almost as if it is that unpardonable sin of admitting we were wrong........or weak.......or needed that person to help make us a better person.

P.S. I ain't no hero........I just never have nothing to lose!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 08-19-2014).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My attitude is a result of your actions! So if you don't like my attitude, **** you thats why

Its getting harder to find good examples but they are out there, stop looking at the big picture and look at the small details and you will find all the inspiration you need. But you cant find that if you only look at a distance.
Jump in and get your feet wet.

If you have some spare money I know a couple of hooters girls that will tell you how great you are all night.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started to feel self-pity for the root canal I had to get yesterday. But then I thought of you, and was just grateful I still have some teeth to have root canals done on.

PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2014 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

I started to feel self-pity for the root canal I had to get yesterday. But then I thought of you, and was just grateful I still have some teeth to have root canals done on.

You right about that!
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And I never really made anything out of myself, or even lived up to my potential.

If that bothers you, do something about it. I mean that in all seriousness.

If you had a year to learn how to do something new, what would it be?
How much older will you be next year if you don't do it?
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But this was more about how we don't tell the people that we interact with on a regular basis just how much they help in the way we evolve in our thought process.

It's almost as if it is that unpardonable sin of admitting we were wrong........or weak.......or needed that person to help make us a better person.

The "No kids" thing wasn't exactly a choice on your part, IIRC. And we all see how well you do with your niece and your other little friend. So, no, you're not getting a pity party on this count.

The "never made anything out of myself" thing. Look at the point just above.^ Given your starting point, maybe you've come pretty dang far. Maybe that's far enough. If you were rich and successful, would that make you a better person? Meaning, less of a dick? Maybe you're looking at the wrong yardstick. The only person ever to walk the face of this earth who "lived up to their potential" was Jesus Christ. You know how that turned out for Him. And that simple "love one another" message of his pretty much got trashed, too.

And if you're not wrong about something every day, then you're just not trying. Because to learn new things, you've got to make mistakes. Be wrong. Have somebody else tell you so, and learn from them. Maybe from somebody you don't like.

I'm perfectly comfortable with being wrong. And changing the way I think as necessary. (Can you tell I've been married a long time?)

So you're not the hero? You watch movies. The hero's always the guy who's got nothing to lose. Even if he does. He's the one who steps up when everybody else is in "I don't want to get involved" mode. Now, you're "That Guy."
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2014 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:
If you had a year to learn how to do something new, what would it be?

I REALLY want to write.
And nothing else.

Problem is, I gotta' eat.
That means doing a job I dislike simply because it pays half-ways decent and puts you in demand when your good at it, a job that unfortunately sucks every bit of creativity out of me by days-end.

Yes, I know the only one that can change my life is me.
I just never hear me driving me forward.
In fact, I can't seem to talk to myself at all...

P.S. I'm not into pity. I'm into regret.

GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boonie, your life story, that you have freely shared on this forum has inspired me on many occasions. Some to be as open and caring as you and some as lessons on what not to do.

So, from one of the longest active and least posting members that you've probably never heard of, thank you! Keep being you!

~Tyler
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2014 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT-X:

Boonie, your life story, that you have freely shared on this forum has inspired me on many occasions. Some to be as open and caring as you and some as lessons on what not to do.

So, from one of the longest active and least posting members that you've probably never heard of, thank you! Keep being you!

~Tyler

The "Not To Do" stuff is prolly the most important of ALL of it!
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2014 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003
I left home way early because I wanted to do what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it.
Left school for the same reason.

Maybe I should do some studying and practicing on 'Self-Discipline".
Setting goals and then doing without (sacrificing...hmmm, I might just be a natural at that!) to achieve them...

Delayed Satisfaction...

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well uberhumor.com is no help
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2014 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup.
It wouldn't hurt my right-hand to get out more...
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Were Do I Find Those To Tell Me How Importent I am To Their Continue Personal Growth?
First of all doofus, you spelled "continued" wrong. I have to ask ... is your question how impotent you are to someone's continued personal growth, or did you mean important ?
How am I doing so far to your continual personal growth, ?
To answer your question ... money will get you anything you need. A hooker taught me that.
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Until you became sneakily and Socratically political in your posts, I always admired your positive approach to everything... and I have since strived to approach things that way as well because of you.

DanDamage, I always liked your "Aliens" approach to everything, being that you didn't really let things affect you.

Formula88, I've probably learned the most from you... a few nuggets of wisdom here and there have gone a long way to how I approach certain situations.

TwoFatGuys / Fats, I've always liked your inquisitiveness and your somewhat pragmatic approach to things, though have lately given a double-Picard face-palm to some of the more recent obviously Marxist-influenced anti-American literature that you've been reading.

MaryJane, love the fact that you can make old-school cool.

84Fiero123, probably my favorite, but totally crazy forum member. Loads of information on Suburbans

heybjorn, love the dry humor, even if I'm the only one who gets it, it's awesome!

Nurb, always good for some Engineering tidbits.

Yellowbird, MIAMI!

LT188GT, he's the guy I've met 100 times, but has no idea who I am.

MEM, love the random NSFW posts.

Proff, love the conspiracies

RayB, Neptune... my buds from another party. Next Florida meet-up, I'm buying.

Patrick, Hockey is awesome... the Capitals are still better than the Leafs, Jets, etc... even if their record doesn't show it.

Patrick's Dad, I still think you might actually be Patrick's dad...

I'm actually getting exponentially more drunk as time passes, so I'll finish this later...

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2014 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Until you became sneakily and Socratically political in your posts...

Socratic method (also known as method of elenchus, elenctic method, or Socratic debate), named after the classical Greek philosopher Socrates, is a form of inquiry and discussion between individuals, based on asking and answering questions to stimulate critical thinking and to illuminate ideas. It is a dialectical method, often involving a discussion in which the defense of one point of view is questioned; one participant may lead another to contradict himself in some way, thus strengthening the inquirer's own point.

The Socratic method is a negative method of hypothesis elimination, in that better hypotheses are found by steadily identifying and eliminating those that lead to contradictions. The Socratic method searches for general, commonly held truths that shape opinion, and scrutinizes them to determine their consistency with other beliefs. The basic form is a series of questions formulated as tests of logic and fact intended to help a person or group discover their beliefs about some topic, exploring the definitions or singular logos, seeking to characterize the general characteristics shared by various particular instances. The extent to which this method is employed to bring out definitions implicit in the interlocutors' beliefs, or to help them further their understanding, is called the method of maieutics. Aristotle attributed to Socrates the discovery of the method of definition and induction, which he regarded as the essence of the scientific method.

I only work with what is provided.
No sneaking involved.

It makes me think...

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[size=3]I Wuve You guys[/size]
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

YOU need encouragement?

You're my freakin' hero.

I always try to find a good quote to tag onto. The above fits the bill. And, I'll go double on that last line due to what I received in the mail yesterday; you brightened my day!
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In every instance, Even the most 'successful' people on the planet fail(ed) to live up to their full potential.
They just come to a good or comfortable stopping place and go no further.
ALL us mere mortals OTOH, ........................................................................................................................................................................ do exactly the same thing.

I started to stay WAY away from this thread. Because of the way you spelled "important" I thought it said "impotent". I thought."TMI ---I Ain't touchin that"

Where Do I Find Those To Tell Me How Importent I am To Their Continue Personal Growth?

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Were Do I Find Those To Tell Me How Important I am To Their Continued Personal Growth?

Wow where do I start, you got balls dude, big hairy wheel barrel filling balls and a sense of WTF is wrong with me when in actuality there is never anything wrong with you, well that a stick or 2 of dynamite wouldn't fix with a pinch of nitro. For someone who has come from the middle of nowhere to a place that many people think of as civilization when in reality you were in the greatest place on earth to begin with for both civilization and to be lost in the wilderness at the same time.

Some people think the only place to live is in the big city, others think the only place to live is in the middle of nowhere but few can say they have done both and not only survived both but thrived in both. That's not an easy thing to do and you did it.

WTF do you need anyone to tell you how important you are to them for?

There isn't another person on this forum that I always read their posts, but yours I always read, I may not post on all of them but I always read them because some make me smile, others make me cry, literally cry with tears running down my face. But you are the glue that keeps me together sometimes when I am down I just read a thread you started about something so off the wall that no one else here or anywhere else would ever even talked about to their closest friend. Yet you throw it out for the world to see and read.

In some ways you are the forum philosopher, comedian, jack of all trades and master of some. and much more because you never lose your you try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt even when they are so off the wall, like me most times.

WTF dude you ain't think of going Robin Williams on us are you?

Stay Boonie, we wouldn't want you any other way !

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 08-19-2014).]

Mytime

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MytimeSend a Private Message to MytimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!!! Sure, everyone needs a little validation once in awhile, you seem a little short on finding that right now. Guess what, you may never find what you are looking for. We all need to know that our time here isn't just spinning our wheels. Sometimes we need to know we made a difference. We shaped or changed a life in a positive manner. Where does that come from? People we interact with? People on an internet forum who only know you from a life you have posted? Coworkers? Look around you. We had a discussion at work today. You can do 100 great things, the only thing people remember is the 1 thing you did wrong. The news is full of this. You have a positive, helpful attitude. Stay with that.
You seem to throw yourself into situations like I do. Hey, we're the same age I get it. My analogy is jumping out of an airplane just knowing you can find a parachute on the way down. So far, so good.
From what I've read, you've touched a lot of lives here without ever meeting anyone. You want to be a writer? How does a writer measure his success? You are widely read here. Doesn't pay much but hey, I enjoy Dawg's exploits. People remember the stories even w/o the search feature. There are some of your writings I have quoted to other people
If you ever make it to the right coast, look me up. Don't know if I can afford it but I'd love to buy you a drink and get to know you better. Consider that your royalties.
Doctor Phil has a saying, "GET OVER IT !!!!"
Continue fighting the good fight. Be you, it's good.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-20-2014 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

WTF dude you ain't think of going Robin Williams on us are you?

Naw, it seems I'm supposed to be here at this time.
I can't say I agree, but it's not up to me.

For now, it's the natural progression of things.
I'll know what I know when I know it.

Until then, I'm gonna' continue to keep my eyes open!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 08-20-2014).]

FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Topic: Were Do I Find Those To Tell Me How Importent I am To Their Continue Personal Growth?

You can ALWAYS find what you're looking for on the Internet - Right?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock