Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Pretty disturbing news and views from Ferguson Mo (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pretty disturbing news and views from Ferguson Mo by maryjane
Started on: 08-14-2014 04:17 AM
Replies: 425 (6910 views)
Last post by: zipper9 on 11-12-2014 10:03 AM
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

No, no charges have been filed! Of course they haven't! It has taken direct video with the cop's face to even think about charging the officer that killed Eric Garner. Police are not held accountable in this country. They won't pay for the medical bills for the toddler that was hurt in a police raid on the wrong house. In Ferguson, they have gone against the freedom of speech by gassing news crews and tearing down their equipment, they have gone against the freedom of assembly by blasting sound cannons and tear gas at the peaceful protesters. They've illegally ordered evacuations of businesses that were not in any danger, just to catch reporters.

They are supposed to be public servants.

So, you are talking about other incidents outside of this one? Well I guess you should ask your question again if any wrong doing has been done as related to this thread topic.
IP: Logged
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are propaganda crews, and are contributing to the problem.

Sometimes, people must be removed for their own safety. After all, if they weren't removed and were hurt, they would blame the officers for not protecting them.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

I see contrast.

Of course. The cases seem very different.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

So, you are talking about other incidents outside of this one? Well I guess you should ask your question again if any wrong doing has been done as related to this thread topic.

Did you read my full comment? I was showing why they wouldn't be charged, then brought up Ferguson.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

theBDub

9688 posts
Member since May 2010

Originally posted by tshark:

These are propaganda crews, and are contributing to the problem.

Sometimes, people must be removed for their own safety. After all, if they weren't removed and were hurt, they would blame the officers for not protecting them.

Seriously?! No. We can't let that happen in this country. We have freedom of the press. Plus, Al Jazeera America has been doing a pretty damn good job the past few years of being less biased than the other major news networks.

I don't want complacently. We are living in a country where the police can kill people and their pets, they can perform "raids" off nothing but hearsay, they can lie and carry personal vendettas through to save face... And nothing ever happens. The officers that **** up get paid time off, are transferred, or under only the most extreme cases, "fired" with early retirement.

This is all relevant. This is also what the protests are about. Does nobody care about it? Do you all just trust the police that much?
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Purple86GT:

Lets think this through for a sec... Does a police office not keep their weapon secured? And if it was not secured then it was drawn right?.

Nope.

See:

http://m.nydailynews.com/ne...icle-1.1740921#bmb=1
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, no charges have been filed! Of course they haven't! It has taken direct video with the cop's face to even think about charging the officer that killed Eric Garner. Police are not held accountable in this country. They won't pay for the medical bills for the toddler that was hurt in a police raid on the wrong house. In Ferguson, they have gone against the freedom of speech by gassing news crews and tearing down their equipment, they have gone against the freedom of assembly by blasting sound cannons and tear gas at the peaceful protesters. They've illegally ordered evacuations of businesses that were not in any danger, just to catch reporters.

They are supposed to be public servants.

I can't disagree with what you said here, BDub. Law enforcement and other government officials are supposed to be held to a higher standard than the general public, but all too often they are not; or are excused for many acts, less legal or even criminal. And that's not right.

That having been said, when corruption permeates the very highest office of the land, and nobody of a particular political leaning seems to have any problem with it, how can you expect government officials holding lower positions of power be held to account as well?

People want to disconnect this terrible tragedy in Ferguson from national politics but I don't think you can really do that, nor should you. I believe some of the worst things that happen on our nation's streets are a direct reflection of the politics we see on the national level. We've got many people occupying very high offices in this country right now who have made a living peddling hate and dissention. And those attitudes have filtered down to the general public level - emboldening all walks of scum to take advantage of a terrible situation.

I feel pity for the innocent people of Ferguson, MO; of all races, who have been wrongly caught up in this tragedy. They are caught in the middle - between a mass media who is fueling unrest for ratings, politicians who are angling to use the bad situation in any way they can for their own political benefit, and thugs (most who are not from the immediate area) who have come in to loot and pillage for their own selfish gains. It is truly a sad state of affairs.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you read my full comment? I was showing why they wouldn't be charged, then brought up Ferguson.

I understand your frustration, I get upset when I see what I perceive as an injustice. I see judging all "controversial" police actions as "criminal" before the facts are collected as wrong and hypocritical. Infact, this one is not even played out or done and people have judged the COPS to be the wrong doers.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 08-19-2014).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

I feel pity for the innocent people of Ferguson, MO; of all races, who have been wrongly caught up in this tragedy. They are caught in the middle - between a mass media who is fueling unrest for ratings, politicians who are angling to use the bad situation in any way they can for their own political benefit, and thugs (most who are not from the immediate area) who have come in to loot and pillage for their own selfish gains. It is truly a sad state of affairs.

I too feel pity for those who are innocent and caught up in this. I can understand the frustration of those from Ferguson who think that the police have done something illegal and will get away with it. I would hope that someone who is a leader there would stand up and try to quell the violence so that we can at least get to the point where the law will be allow to process through this. Then if there is an obvious miscarriage of the laws then we all should stand up and not accept anything except justice.

Right now I am torn between my feelings that there is something fishy about what happened and understanding how the policeman would shoot and kill this young man. I don't know what the truth is yet. Maybe I won't ever know, but I think the truth will come out and it won't take too long.

I am disgusted by the race baiting and the violence that is happening here. Also, the open stealing and destruction of private property. This is not the way Americans act. This is not the way to solve any problems.

One group you left out of your post Darth is the professional racists like Rev. Jackson and Rev. Sharpton. They have caused more violence and animosity that just about anyone in this country.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont think I am at all apologetic or sympathetic towards those that judge before the facts are in. Judging COPS or citizens before all the facts are in is unpatriotic. Basically those types of people are hypocrites and
and ignore the Constitution of America.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ahh, yes--the old "You are unpatriotic" allegation.

Police "judge" citizens everyday--very often, wrongly. They judge them for the color of their skin, the clothes they wear, the length of their hair, where they are parked, how they walk, what time of day it is and under any and every other criteria any judgment call is made. Many of those judged, are arrested, and never charged--some, completely innocent of any wrongdoing, are injured or killed-- evidently, by non patriots.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Views of this topic are heated most likely because of preconceived ideas of what we expect to see after a nasty situation. "justice" for one may not equal "justice" for all. We would all like to see equality, but in our own eyes don't see it.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by maryjane:

Police "judge" citizens everyday--very often, wrongly. They judge them for the color of their skin, the clothes they wear, the length of their hair, where they are parked, how they walk, what time of day it is and under any and every other criteria any judgment call is made. Many of those judged, are arrested, and never charged--some, completely innocent of any wrongdoing, are injured or killed-- evidently, by non patriots.

This is a very hypocritical statement. Those that do wrong should pay for it badge or no badge, this is the right thing to do. You sir are a hypocrite for judging those COPS without even being there to see what happened or why they do what they do AND not even having the facts. You on your high chair judge others according to your own bidding. I hope for you that others see you as you see them. That way you get the justice you dish out.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Views of this topic are heated most likely because of preconceived ideas of what we expect.

I don't know, I know good cops and bad cops and I also know good people and bad people but there is never enough of the good people or good cops to go around, problem is most of the people involved in this are bad people are I am not talking about those of us discussing this here on the forum I am talking about the media, the politicians, and let us not forget the race batters like Jackson and Sharpton. those 2 will never be happy until there is an all out race war and do their damdst to make that happens every time they open their mouths. In my opinion its a shame it wasn't one of those 2 who got killed, they are worth nothing to anyone except those people who think like them. They are more guilty of more wrong doing than anything this kid could have done in his short life.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 08-19-2014).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I never saw any reputable news that said he was shot in the back--all that I read said he had turned and had his hands up facing the officer when shots were fired.

Originally posted by Fats:
I really hate to do this..

No problem Brad, I stand corrected--sorta------ but:
1. MSNBC was clear that these words were those of the witness. MSNBC never stated one way or another what happened.
2. I have said several times here in OT, that is do not consider any of the far right or far left news sources like MSNBC, FOX, DRUDGE or WND to be reputable news sources. Each are so biased that I often disregard anything they say at all with a huge grain of salt.

But yeah--ya got me.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

I don't know, I know good cops and bad cops and I also know good people and bad people but there is never enough of the good people or good cops to go around, problem is most of the people involved in this are bad people are I am not talking about those of us discussing this here on the forum I am talking about the media, the politicians, and let us not forget the race batters like Jackson and Sharpton. those 2 will never be happy until there is an all out race war and do their damdst to make that happens every time they open their mouths. In my opinion its a shame it wasn't one of those 2 who got killed, they are worth nothing to anyone except those people who think like them. They are more guilty of more wrong doing than anything this kid could have done in his short life.

Steve

People are people, we do what we do. Good or bad. America has them all. Unfortunately the "bad ones" are in every job and aspect of our society. You name the profession, and some one will list bad people that work there.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is a very hypocritical statement. Those that do wrong should pay for it badge or no badge, this is the right thing to do. You sir are a hypocrite for judging those COPS without even being there to see what happened or why they do what they do AND not even having the facts. You on your high chair judge others according to your own bidding. I hope for you that others see you as you see them. That way you get the justice you dish out.

Of course it is a hipocritical statement--by design. It's always hipocritical if one cries about being pre-judged while doing the same to others.
And yet you do not consider the cops hipocritical when they make judgement of others, which they do every single day.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I stand corrected--sorta------ but:

typical,. You always hate COPS. Any smut is good smut

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Of course it is a hipocritical statement--by design. It's always hipocritical if one cries about being pre-judged while doing the same to others.
And yet you do not consider the cops hipocritical when they make judgement of others, which they do every single day.

When you grow balls big enough to step up, you could apply for the job and show them how its done,....LOL.
I don't think you would even pass the psych test, but you could dream about it I guess?

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When you grow balls big enough to step up, you could apply for the job and show them how its done,....LOL.
I don't think you would even pass the psych test, but you could dream about it I guess?

I think you may have forgotten who you are talking to, he has seen more action than you will ever, if you live to be half his age. And I would rather be judged by Don than most of the good cops I know and I know a few good ones.

Steve
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

I think you may have forgotten who you are talking to, he has seen more action than you will ever,

Steve

Sorry, but can you PM me a resume of his. I have no idea what you are talking about? He is simply a hypocrite and even admitted to it.

Of course it is a hipocritical statement--by design.

What more do I need to know? I did not know you knew me so well as to know where I have been or done?
And you must have been with him his whole life to verify that he is so much better than every one else? Get over it he is just another internet guy.
But if he is your yard stick...I guess go for it, you can judge every one too.

I have nothing but admiration and respect for those brave enough to protect and serve us, be it military or police or firefighter. Pot Head only spews ignorant and prejudice hateful judgment towards the brave.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's OK Steve--really.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I "stepped up" when I was 17--1967.
Did 4 years USMC, 13 months RVN as a Marine machinegunner. On average, was shot at more than every other day.
I can honestly say I was never afraid except twice--once when we went down in a helicopter, and again my last day there waiting for the airliner to get off the tarmac at Danag and mortars were coming in--never was scared of being shot, just didn't relish the idea of burning to death.
After the end of my 4 years, went in the Navy for 6 years.
And I have never smoked pot or used any other illegal drug.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I "stepped up" when I was 17--1967.
Did 4 years USMC, 13 months RVN as a Marine machinegunner. On average, was shot at more than every other day.
I can honestly say I was never afraid except twice--once when we went down in a helicopter, and again my last day there waiting for the airliner to get off the tarmac at Danag and mortars were coming in--never was scared of being shot, just didn't relish the idea of burning to death.
After the end of my 4 years, went in the Navy for 6 years.
And I have never smoked pot or used any other illegal drug.

So where did your hate for COPS come from? And why do you judge them without trial or facts? You give thugs a pass and judge COPS?
Thanks for your service.
Life in America did not stop after military life. When did you give up and say "let the thugs have it"

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

typical,. You always hate COPS. Any smut is good smut

Truly bizarre!
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MJ...proud to hear your "resume"..

If only there was more people who did the same.

I never have and never will compare time in a War Zone to a Police officer doing his job in there jurisdiction..
There is no way a cop is in any way deserving the Respect that you and yours are deserving..

Period.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Truly bizarre!

It is not just "bizarre" it is old. He and I have been discussing the prejudgment of Police for some time in a number of threads. And as long as he hates them, I will be there to defend them. I held back any critical comment to or about him till he addressed me. He swung first, I get the next. I guess in some strange way, that is bizarre.....to some people?

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by fireboss:
I never have and never will compare time in a War Zone to a Police officer doing his job in there jurisdiction..
There is no way a cop is in any way deserving the Respect that you and yours are deserving..

Period.

Imagine that, another COP hater from threads gone by. I am sure a few more will chime in to pat each other on the back and give a big hate the cops comment.

fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So where did your hate for COPS come from? And why do you judge them without trial or facts? You give thugs a pass and judge COPS?
Thanks for your service.
Life in America did not stop after military life. When did you give up and say "let the thugs have it"

Let's look at what your ramblins mean when using your rules you seem to have for MJ...

So where did your hate of COPS "citizens" come from? And why do you judge them without trial or facts? You give thugs "COPS" a pass and judge COPS "citizens"?
Thanks for your service. "cause I don't have the balls to serve".
Life In America did not stop after military life. "It continues because you and others like you have the balls to lay there life out for us".
When did you give "stand" up and say "let the "thugs "citizens" have it".

Huh well you look at that...
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fireboss

2248 posts
Member since Apr 2011

Imagine that, another COP hater from threads gone by. .

Imagine that, another citizen hater from any thread...
PFF
System Bot
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fireboss

2248 posts
Member since Apr 2011

And as long as he hates them, I will be there to defend them.

So we see.....
I guess that no matter what crimes is commited to innocents by the Police , you are there to Defend them.Well I guess you showed him ..right?
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got internet at my new place so this is my first post on Ferguson. I WANT TO OPEN A NEWS PROGRAM THAT ISN'T GOING ON AND ON ABOUT THIS SUBJECT! I'm sick of it. I haven't made up my mind yet as to guilt on any side and the media is only ramping up the outrage without doing true factual reporting. It's easy for me to believe that Brown is a thug and I've been misstreated by police so I can see both sides. I've never been helped by police, but I know that all police are not bad. I judge all individuals as individuals and groups as groups. Media and those who see an opportunity to be seen are the worst part of this. It was just one cop and one victim (innocent or not). I don't see how this could have been more blown out of proportion no matter how much they try.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is not just "bizarre" it is old. He and I have been discussing the prejudgment of Police for some time in a number of threads. And as long as he hates them, I will be there to defend them. I held back any critical comment to or about him till he addressed me. He swung first, I get the next. I guess in some strange way, that is bizarre.....to some people?

I addressed what you typed, in regards to patriotism--I did not address you personally.

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 05:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my wife's Sargent's was escorting 3 American police officers on a tour. The gun conversation came up and they asked the Sargent how many times he had used his weapon. The Sargent replied that he might draw his gun a few times a year and in his entire career discharged it 3 times on duty (training aside). The officers laughed and explained they may draw their weapon several times a day. The Sargent told them they need more training....

I think police officers are scared and depend on lethal force more than they should. When you have your weapon on ready for routine traffic stops, there is a problem...

I don't think the cop in Ferguson killed the black kid because he hated black people, I think he shot the black kid because he was afraid of black people.

If anyone is listening anymore, black people are no more dangerous than white people or any other race for that matter. The body is a container, the mind controls it...

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aside from the situation in Ferguson, police officers must consider EVERYONE dangerous until they can assess the situation. Otherwise, they could be run over, beaten, or shot. On a routine traffic stop, the routine part of the stop is the officer. The unknown is the person in the car. So if everything is cotton candy and unicorns, why don't we just make the police stop wearing bullet-proof vests and stop carrying any weapons. I'm sure it will all work out just grand. Before you condemn the police in this country, maybe you should do a couple ride-a-longs and see the kinds of things the news doesn't show you. Not saying that all cops are good and all people stopped by them are bad. Not by any means. I'm just saying that, in order to control the situation, they need to make certain assumptions until proven otherwise to make sure they don't become a statistic.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When you have your weapon on ready for routine traffic stops, there is a problem...

Tell me again, how many years were you a police officer? Your weapon needs to be 'on ready' at all times. There is a problem, it's the criminals. You think the problem is the police, I think the problem is the criminals who will kill a police officer if he lets his guard down.

[This message has been edited by CoryFiero (edited 08-20-2014).]

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoryFiero:

Tell me again, how many years were you a police officer? Your weapon needs to be 'on ready' at all times. There is a problem, it's the criminals. You think the problem is the police, I think the problem is the criminals who will kill a police officer if he lets his guard down.

Funny, you ask me that question yet my post you quoted from you missed "My wife's Sargent". My wife ---> RCMP.

It's not a population issue since Ottawa has well over 1 Million in population, police rarely even pulls out their firearm.... and Doraville GA has a population of 8500.... Yet they have a friggen tank.... WTF?

[This message has been edited by Purple86GT (edited 08-20-2014).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand both of the above posts even though I have been misstreated by police. I know when I am pulled over that only one of us has a clue as to who the other is. That's why I keep my hands visible with no fast moves on my part.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Sargent told them they need more training....

Your wife's SGT. made an ignorant statemet. To assume that every state or City in Ameica is like The SGT's home beat is unrealistic. America has COPS that have never shot, and COPS that have. We also have gangs that shoot COPS for little to no reason.
Maybe if her SGT were do do a month in Compton or Oakland or Detroit a better understanding could be reached?

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 08-20-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock