Started on: 07-22-2014 08:01 PM
Replies: 56 (1247 views)
Last post by: spark1 on 07-26-2014 02:25 AM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, I've been in and out (just really busy) and noticed that while I was out, two users got banned:

V8 Vega
Dburger

What did I miss? V8 Vega was on here for a while, did he do something stupid?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NEPTUNE

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uhlanistan got hit with the ban hammer.
MaryJane is on vacation.

------------------

I speak English. Sue me.

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 07-22-2014).]

Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stan, finally? "Bout time.

But what is the story with the other two? Any ideas?
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I emailed Cliff about those 2 and they were legitimate bans. Also Ranger Stone was banned but I think that was Lowlux in disguise.

Edit to add.......they were an accumulation of negatives from the past years so it only takes a few more current negatives to complete the ban.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 07-22-2014).]

TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They seem to come out of nowhere. Weird. Cliff's island. He can do what he wants.
iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

They seem to come out of nowhere. Weird. Cliff's island. He can do what he wants.

Cliff didn't ban them, they were banned because they received too many negatives.

I don't think I've rated either one of those two though and can't say I've seen any posts of theirs that would cause someone to neg them.
TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by iced_theater:

Cliff didn't ban them, they were banned because they received too many negatives.

I don't think I've rated either one of those two though and can't say I've seen any posts of theirs that would cause someone to neg them.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply he did. The auto-ban did. I only meant it works as he expected.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I emailed Cliff about those 2 and they were legitimate bans. Also Ranger Stone was banned but I think that was Lowlux in disguise.

Or it was Uhlanstan himself. lol
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

Uhlanistan got hit with the ban hammer.

And I thought he went to Ukraine for some hand to hand combat with Putin himself. Wearing nothing but a pink tutu. I mean, Putin does.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe the Newbs should be told to NOT engage in political discussion until they have earned their a steady green bar in Tech.

my ratings were solid until the day I revealed I did not goose step along with the rest.

[This message has been edited by Pyrthian (edited 07-23-2014).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MaryJane is on vacation.

Let me fix that for you.

MaryJane is on vacation.

Don is ... I think everyday is a vacation to maryjane and, everyday is not a vacation. It is but another day.
What is a vacation ?
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35864 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Pyrthian:
maybe the Newbs should be told to NOT engage in political discussion until they have earned their a steady green bar in Tech.

Perhaps we should not have a ratings system so it doesn't matter what side of the opinion vagina they fell from.

my ratings were solid until the day I revealed I did not goose step along with the rest.

, Let me Fed Ex you a cookie, to console you. What else have you not revealed ? You might need two cookies.
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Agreed. I pay the price for my outspoken ways

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why should we warn anybody?

If people don't know how to get along before they get here, they don't need to stay here (or anywhere else, for that matter) for very long.

Looks like your ratings bar recovered quite well. I'm sure theirs could do the same, or they could get shown the door. Win-win. Just my humble opinion.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LZeitgeist:

If people don't know how to get along before they get here, they don't need to stay here (or anywhere else, for that matter) for very long.

Looks like your ratings bar recovered quite well. I'm sure theirs could do the same, or they could get shown the door. Win-win. Just my humble opinion.

He's concerned people rate negs simply because for example someone states they like or dont like a current president. Not for being jerks. I think this may have been the case with Dburger. His banning did surprise me, as I always thought that problem was more of a myth.
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you don't know how to politely convey strong opinions when new to a group, then the group is going to reject you.

I don't see this as an iota different from any other facet of life. YMMV.

Also, if the first thing people do when they arrive here is head for the 'Politics' tab, then they're really not here for the friendship and Fieros, are they?

[This message has been edited by LZeitgeist (edited 07-23-2014).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's right at the top of every forum.
Posting Rules

The Rating System
The rating system is a mechanism for the members to make their content or discontent about other members count. If you think someone's contribution to the forum is (mostly) positive, please rate him/her positive. If you think the opposite is true, you can rate him/her negative. You can only rate someone when you have been a member of PFF for at least 30 days, and when you have at least 30 posts. But, anyone who can rate, can rate you - no matter how long you have been a member, or how many posts you have. Your rating bar will show up after you have received at least 50 ratings. This is when the bar becomes active. When a certain negatives to positives ratio has been reached (which boils down to if you have waaaaay more negative ratings than positives), the system will "autoban" you. There's nothing I can (and will) do about that to prevent that. The bar gives you an indication of where you stand. If you have more green than red, than your contribution to the forum is considered mostly positive by other members. If your red and green are about the same, then you have about as much positive ratings as negative. Is your bar mostly red, than you are in the danger zone and an autoban might follow if more people decide to rate you negative. You can only be banned by the autoban if your bar is active (i.e. visible). The ratingbar is in no way a shield that protects you from banning! This is something most people (that have been banned) seem to complain about. Your bar can be all green - but blatantly disregard forum rules and I, as moderator of PFF, can and will ban you. In fact, I can ban anyone at my discretion if I deem it in the best interest of the forum.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LZeitgeist:

if you have no ratings whatsoever, and you come into O/T and stray from the Fox News Goose Step, you will be banned.

my ratings bar was solid green, no negs prior to O/T.
I doubt my negs are for not showing up in the Tech section anymore.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've decided not to neg anyone anymore, but when I did I tried to have the policy that it wasn't what a person said, but it was how they said it. Disagree? No problem. Be an outright a-hole while disagreeing? Neg.

I've got some red, but I'll be the first to admit that by my own rules I likely deserved the red due to my arguments with a couple of former members.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fox News Goose Step

This is what gets you negs, stupid extreme name calling. You insinuate a conservative is a facist? Seriously? If yes then you deserve the negs. If you are not serious then please avoid this type of language. As many have written above, it's not what you say as how you say it. I like hearing multiple views on topics even if I don't agree. However, start with the extemist rhetoric and you risk adverse reactions.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

This is what gets you negs, stupid extreme name calling. .. As many have written above, it's not what you say as how you say it. I like hearing multiple views on topics even if I don't agree.

I agree.
PFF
System Bot
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is what gets you negs, stupid extreme name calling. You insinuate a conservative is a facist?

Is poo-poo head ok?

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I agree.

Seconded.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do notice when people talk about abortion and religion, a lot of negs seem to fly. Seems to be the typical "button" to push people over.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have a problem with "Fox News Goose Step" as a way to rag on the conservatives here.

But there is a line that needs to be drawn.

I just would not put the line there.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I don't have a problem with "Fox News Goose Step" as a way to rag on the conservatives here.

But there is a line that needs to be drawn.

I just would not put the line there.

I have a problem with the term. It's a form of attack, and grouping people together based on an assumption.

Brad
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK. But so is the indiscriminate use of the word "liberal" around here. Its currency has been degraded. It's lost its original meaning (on PFF). Now it's shorthand for "Hey you, I know what you're thinking and I don't like it." It's become a generic "rag" word.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-24-2014).]

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The negative connotation of the word liberal didn't start here, rinselberg. Those of us with generally conservative political views use it because we all understand the commonly accepted meaning. Frankly, I prefer, and use, progressive, to emphasize the misdirection of the argument, which isn't progressive at all, or statist, which obviously means favoring the giving of more power and control to the state.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

Is poo-poo head ok?

No its doo doo head!
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK. But so is the indiscriminate use of the word "liberal" around here. Its currency has been degraded. It's lost its original meaning (on PFF). Now it's shorthand for "Hey you, I know what you're thinking and I don't like it." It's become a generic "rag" word.

I don't mind being called a conservative... so I don't understand why a liberal would be offended by being called a liberal.

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
I don't mind being called a conservative... so I don't understand why a liberal would be offended by being called a liberal.

Heh, overweight people generally don't like being called fat either.
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red88FF:

Nor do overweight people like being called overweight. I don't mind being called conservative either, a tea bagger on the other hand is intentionally demeaning. Liberal describes the Democrats like Conservative describes Republicans. So I guess what your saying is being called a liberal is embarrassing to them? Since you drew the parallel to an overweight person being called fat.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red88FF:

No, that's totally different.

I do not get offended by being called a "conservative" because I'm proud of being one. People who are liberals, are "liberals" because they believe what they believe. If they are embarassed about being a liberal, then maybe they aren't liberals??? There's no correlation between your example though.

Just like if someone called me a Christian... that is exactly what I am, and there's no reason why I would be insulted by it.

Liberal is a term that they gave themselves... just like Progressive. But this is how communists work... they give themselves a new name each time, but when that name starts to fall in disfavor, they want to be called something else. Honestly... they were called Progressives first... but progressivism was tied to fascism, eugenics, and interment camps way back in the day, so they changed it to liberalism (this was something that Democrats actually did on their own). But they've moved back to the term "progressive" because the low-information voters have forgotten. There's actually a NEW term now, which I've completely forgotten... but it was picking up steam a while ago... but has since fallen off the radar... not the Coffee Party people... damn, forget what it was. Problem is, most people (lately) aren't overly thrilled with what that agenda is... so it's kind of died back.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, they are nothing like the same thing.

Brad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
99%er
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Liberal is a term that they gave themselves... just like Progressive. But this is how communists work...

So... are you saying "Liberals" are communists?

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

So I guess what your saying is being called a liberal is embarrassing to them?

It certainly appears that way to me.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Red88FF

7793 posts
Member since Jan 2006

No, that's totally different.

I do not get offended by being called a "conservative" because I'm proud of being one. People who are liberals, are "liberals" because they believe what they believe. If they are embarassed about being a liberal, then maybe they aren't liberals??? There's no correlation between your example though.

Just like if someone called me a Christian... that is exactly what I am, and there's no reason why I would be insulted by it.

I think it is exactly right and though I see the point you trying to make, you are applying logic and I have never known liberals to be logical when it comes to the ideology. The point is, apparently they are not proud of what they are..

That said, I have been called a liberal too, and though on "some" views I may well be when compared to other peoples extreme viewpoints, it is kind of insulting.
Unless you are an island of one, it is others that in fact define you. So wear it like a badge or change your opinions.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some people use "liberal" like a dirty word. If someone doesn't agree with their views, they just yell "you must be a liberal". They know nothing about the person, or how they vote, etc... yet, if they don't agree with a "conservative" view, they must be a "liberal". As if the world is black/white...
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is what gets you negs, stupid extreme name calling. You insinuate a conservative is a facist? Seriously? If yes then you deserve the negs. If you are not serious then please avoid this type of language. As many have written above, it's not what you say as how you say it. I like hearing multiple views on topics even if I don't agree. However, start with the extemist rhetoric and you risk adverse reactions.

yes, I do notice I have become less sensitive in how I put things.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock