Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Recently banned users...? (Page 2)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Recently banned users...? by 82-T/A [At Work]
Started on: 07-22-2014 08:01 PM
Replies: 56 (1234 views)
Last post by: spark1 on 07-26-2014 02:25 AM
82-T/A [At Work]
Member
Posts: 19916
From: Florida USA
Registered: Aug 2002


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 192
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by jaskispyder:

So... are you saying "Liberals" are communists?



I think if anyone took a real pragmatic look at how an economy works, or how regulation and government involvement affects those economies... there wouldn't BE any liberals (or Communists) unless people were just lazy as all get out and really wanted to not have to do anything, but still live a decent life. But... with that, I do think there ARE many people who want to live life without having to do any work, and those people WOULD support communism. In that case, they ARE communists. But I certainly don't think all liberals are communist by any means. What I do think though, is that most liberals either don't understand how the world works... or they believe emotionally that one day it'll all come together if everyone is FORCED to play by the same rules.


 
quote
Originally posted by Red88FF:

I think it is exactly right and though I see the point you trying to make, you are applying logic and I have never known liberals to be logical when it comes to the ideology. The point is, apparently they are not proud of what they are..

That said, I have been called a liberal too, and though on "some" views I may well be when compared to other peoples extreme viewpoints, it is kind of insulting.
Unless you are an island of one, it is others that in fact define you. So wear it like a badge or change your opinions.


Yeah, I'm somewhat of a liberal in some ways. This will shock many, but I support the idea of "common core"... though, certainly not in this manner. I believe the United States as a whole should HAVE to learn certain things... particularly, American history, a certain level of math by a certain age, a certain level of English by a certain age, etc. It shouldn't be dumbed down. If they fail, they should be forced to take it over. I'd much rather have to pay MORE for education (because of people repeating grades), then have LESS people graduating in the end with higher knowledge and skills. But yeah... proud to be a conservative, even if some of my views don't match in-line...
IP: Logged
NEPTUNE
Member
Posts: 10199
From: Ticlaw FL, and some other places.
Registered: Aug 2001


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

Uhlanistan got hit with the ban hammer.
MaryJane is on vacation.


 
quote
Originally posted by cliffw:

Let me fix that for you:

Don is ... I think everyday is a vacation to maryjane and, everyday is not a vacation. It is but another day.
What is a vacation ?



I absolutely, positively believe without a shadow of a doubt that the sky is blue.

------------------

I speak English. Sue me.

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 07-24-2014).]

IP: Logged
Pyrthian
Member
Posts: 29569
From: Detroit, MI
Registered: Jul 2002


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianClick Here to Email PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I think if anyone took a real pragmatic look at how an economy works, or how regulation and government involvement affects those economies... there wouldn't BE any liberals (or Communists) unless people were just lazy as all get out and really wanted to not have to do anything, but still live a decent life. But... with that, I do think there ARE many people who want to live life without having to do any work, and those people WOULD support communism. In that case, they ARE communists. But I certainly don't think all liberals are communist by any means. What I do think though, is that most liberals either don't understand how the world works... or they believe emotionally that one day it'll all come together if everyone is FORCED to play by the same rules.


you do realize that no economy will work without regulation.
that is the whole reason governments were created.
I agree over regulation is a real problem. but, I also know that there are areas which are under regulated as well.

yes, it would be nice if everyone was nice to each other, and corporations & salesmen & politicians didnt try to steal all they can get away with. but, this is the real world, and there are sh!tty people. communism/socialism is needed. capitalism is needed. we even need a sprinkle of fascism. yes, I do preffer the majority to be capitalism. I am awesome, so I do well with it. but, I do not think allowing capitalism to spiral out to point of one man/woman to own it all. which is how it will go. that is how it has always gone, and why it has always needed to to be curbed. our own US history even shows that.

I like being rewarded for my awesomeness. but I do not think the lessor folk need to be just dismissed to wallow in the mud.
IP: Logged
heybjorn
Member
Posts: 10079
From: pace fl
Registered: Apr 2007


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornClick Here to Email heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

I absolutely, positively believe without a shadow of a doubt that the sky is blue.


Hands up, those surprised. yeah, I thought so.

IP: Logged
82-T/A [At Work]
Member
Posts: 19916
From: Florida USA
Registered: Aug 2002


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 192
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Pyrthian:


you do realize that no economy will work without regulation.
that is the whole reason governments were created.
I agree over regulation is a real problem. but, I also know that there are areas which are under regulated as well.

yes, it would be nice if everyone was nice to each other, and corporations & salesmen & politicians didnt try to steal all they can get away with. but, this is the real world, and there are sh!tty people. communism/socialism is needed. capitalism is needed. we even need a sprinkle of fascism. yes, I do preffer the majority to be capitalism. I am awesome, so I do well with it. but, I do not think allowing capitalism to spiral out to point of one man/woman to own it all. which is how it will go. that is how it has always gone, and why it has always needed to to be curbed. our own US history even shows that.

I like being rewarded for my awesomeness. but I do not think the lessor folk need to be just dismissed to wallow in the mud.


We are WAY beyond the point of too much regulation.

The next president should commission a commission (heh) to eliminate at least HALF of Federal regulation.
IP: Logged
Pyrthian
Member
Posts: 29569
From: Detroit, MI
Registered: Jul 2002


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianClick Here to Email PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
We are WAY beyond the point of too much regulation.

The next president should commission a commission (heh) to eliminate at least HALF of Federal regulation.


in many areas - I 200% agree - like construction, manufacturing, etc
in many other areas - not even close - like banking, import/trade, etc

I'd be happy to join you and remove at least half and add 50% based on the above.
still end up with less reg overall - but some added where we seriously need it.

IP: Logged
Wichita
Member
Posts: 19991
From: Wichita, Kansas
Registered: Jun 2002


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaClick Here to Email WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by NEPTUNE:
I absolutely, positively believe without a shadow of a doubt that the sky is blue.


The sky is actually transparent.

But people do have their ridged beliefs regardless of the facts.
IP: Logged
Pyrthian
Member
Posts: 29569
From: Detroit, MI
Registered: Jul 2002


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianClick Here to Email PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Wichita:
The sky is actually transparent.

But people do have their ridged beliefs regardless of the facts.


the atmosphere is transparant - the sky is still blue
IP: Logged
jaskispyder
Member
Posts: 21510
From: Northern MI
Registered: Jun 2002


Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny, just today, I got a neg because I challenged some of the mainstream thoughts. I guess O/T isn't a place for discussion and accepting other's opinions
IP: Logged
Red88FF
Member
Posts: 7793
From: PNW
Registered: Jan 2006


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Funny, just today, I got a neg because I challenged some of the mainstream thoughts. I guess O/T isn't a place for discussion and accepting other's opinions


What is the point of a post like that? sympathy? and how on earth do you know what it was for? just asking cuase I get them all the time and never actually know why. I have some ideas but nothing for sure. I get them when I haven't even been here.
IP: Logged
jaskispyder
Member
Posts: 21510
From: Northern MI
Registered: Jun 2002


Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Red88FF:


What is the point of a post like that? sympathy? and how on earth do you know what it was for? just asking cuase I get them all the time and never actually know why. I have some ideas but nothing for sure. I get them when I haven't even been here.


Observation. Hmmm, haven't posted in OT in a while and when I do (and don't follow the preferred opinion) I get a neg. Seems like the two would be related. But hey, I did say "funny"...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]
Member
Posts: 19916
From: Florida USA
Registered: Aug 2002


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 192
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Pyrthian:

in many areas - I 200% agree - like construction, manufacturing, etc
in many other areas - not even close - like banking, import/trade, etc

I'd be happy to join you and remove at least half and add 50% based on the above.
still end up with less reg overall - but some added where we seriously need it.


Regardless of how you look at it, there are regulations in banking and import/trade that affect you too in a bad way (that you or I are not fully versed in). There's some regulation that doesn't even get followed because people forget, and it takes a lawsuit or trial to make people remember it. We don't even know HOW MANY laws we have... not even an estimation.
IP: Logged
Jonesy
Member
Posts: 4667
From: Bama
Registered: Oct 2009


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Pyrthian:


the atmosphere is transparant - the sky is still blue


Yes, but do you know why the sky is blue..

No googling, thats cheating! lol..

IP: Logged
Pyrthian
Member
Posts: 29569
From: Detroit, MI
Registered: Jul 2002


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianClick Here to Email PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Jonesy:
Yes, but do you know why the sky is blue..

No googling, thats cheating! lol..


yes I do. because we cant see ultraviolet

it is the slowest color in the spectrum which our eyes can detect, as some of the light gets refracted. If our eyes could see ultraviolet - that is what color the sky would be - which would probably be pretty sweet.

adding the "what our eyes can detect" is my way of showing this is not a googled response - being the simple answer is just refraction.
IP: Logged
heybjorn
Member
Posts: 10079
From: pace fl
Registered: Apr 2007


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornClick Here to Email heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Jonesy:


Yes, but do you know why the sky is blue..



Yes; because skywoman left, just like in every country song.

IP: Logged
williegoat
Member
Posts: 17055
From: Glendale, AZ
Registered: Mar 2009


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by heybjorn:


Yes; because skywoman left, just like in every country song.


IP: Logged
spark1
Member
Posts: 11159
From: Benton County, OR
Registered: Dec 2002


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by heybjorn:


Yes; because skywoman left, just like in every country song.


Yep!

IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay



Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock