Started on: 07-21-2014 12:01 PM
Replies: 14 (347 views)
Last post by: Nurb432 on 09-22-2014 06:07 PM
DanDamage

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
giant crater has appeared in Siberia Russia, maybe the first Malaysian plane that disappeared flew down there for a journey to the center of the earth.

[This message has been edited by DanDamage (edited 07-21-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting.

"The crater is in an area called Yamal, which translates as "end of the world.""

http://www.cbsnews.com/news...d-internet-theories/
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ohio has the 'Blue Hole' in north central part of the state. They even have a park around it and you can see it on google maps. Its a perfect round hole like 50 yards wide with very blue water. No ones been able to measure how deep it is. I say its from an alien laser weapon....

http://sweetoneangel.hubpag...e-hole-castalia-ohio

https://www.google.com/imag...tion%20gone&tbm=isch
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-21-2014 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another one in Florida yesterday...

http://dutchsinse.tatoott10...rida-siberia-russia/

.....and I told you guys its NOT aliens, its worm farts !!!!!!

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/107591.html

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 07-21-2014).]

DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys remember Mel's hole?

Maybe Doug McClure didn't really die and he is behind all this.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This story just kind of fell off. I read it was a pingo, but that article was 2 months old. What ever happened?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

This story just kind of fell off. I read it was a pingo, but that article was 2 months old. What ever happened?

The blue flashy thing happened.........

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

The blue flashy thing happened.........

I get it was just the flavor of the minute. This is just one of many things that I never hear about again, but my coworkers talked sports and sports past for an hour today.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red88FF:

You guys remember Mel's hole?

Maybe Doug McClure didn't really die and he is behind all this.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://ambergriscaye.com/pa...n/greatbluehole.html

Belize

"For all the practical purposes the over 400-foot depth makes the Blue Hole a bottomless pit. The walls are sheer from the surface until a depth of approximately 110 feet where you will begin to encounter stalactite formtions which actually angle back, allowing you to dive underneath monstrous overhangs. "
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Ohio has the 'Blue Hole' in north central part of the state. They even have a park around it and you can see it on google maps. Its a perfect round hole like 50 yards wide with very blue water. No ones been able to measure how deep it is. I say its from an alien laser weapon....

http://sweetoneangel.hubpag...e-hole-castalia-ohio

https://www.google.com/imag...tion%20gone&tbm=isch[ /QUOTE]

Snipped this from the article. I too remember this attraction when it was open as a young kid. A real shame it closed. Until Roger brought this up, I completely forgot about it. Really fascinating place.

The Blue Hole known for its aqua clear blue water was a roadside tourist attraction for close to 60 years. It first opened in the early 30’s, but due to rapidly growing high tech tourist attractions, The Blue Hole could not afford to accommodate for wheelchair accessible people. The family that owned and ran it decided to close the gate in the 1990’s.

The Blue Hole fame came to be, due to its sparkling aqua blue water, which held no oxygen, because of the lack of oxygen there is not any plant or fish life. People have claimed that the Blue Hole is a bottomless hole; numerous efforts over time by divers have failed to find out the depth of the hole. The water is so clear that when you look into the hole you can see 50 to 60 feet down into the hole. The water temperature of the Blue Hole maintains a yearly temperature of 48 degrees, and never freezes over.

The Wyandot Indians once used the Blue Hole as a medicine camp; the Wyandot Indians believed that the Blue Hole held great powers, due to its clear cold water.

As a child growing up in Ohio, my family and I visited the Blue Hole, I was probably close to 10 years old, and the impression that the Blue Hole left on me, is one that is unforgettable. The hole seemed to go on forever and, the beautiful color would mesmerize anyone who looked into it. I remember walking around the Blue Hole on a wooden boardwalk, and enjoying a picnic lunch from a nearby picnic table. The nearby streams were kept stocked with carp, and for some small change you could get fish food out of the machine and feed the carp. There was also a small souvenir shop, where you could purchase postcards, plates, and paperweights with pictures of the Blue Hole on them.

The roadside attractions from our youth brought with them a sense of peace, a kind of meditation that you cannot achieve or get from todays fast-paced amusement parks.

It is a shame that time has changed, and what we once enjoyed with our families we cannot enjoy with our children. I would have loved the chance to take my children to the Blue Hole, and to experience that magical feeling, that you do not get from the theme parks of today.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

As a child growing up in Ohio, my family and I visited the Blue Hole, I was probably close to 10 years old, and the impression that the Blue Hole left on me, is one that is unforgettable. The hole seemed to go on forever and, the beautiful color would mesmerize anyone who looked into it. I remember walking around the Blue Hole on a wooden boardwalk, and enjoying a picnic lunch from a nearby picnic table. The nearby streams were kept stocked with carp, and for some small change you could get fish food out of the machine and feed the carp. There was also a small souvenir shop, where you could purchase postcards, plates, and paperweights with pictures of the Blue Hole on them.

The roadside attractions from our youth brought with them a sense of peace, a kind of meditation that you cannot achieve or get from todays fast-paced amusement parks.

It is a shame that time has changed, and what we once enjoyed with our families we cannot enjoy with our children. I would have loved the chance to take my children to the Blue Hole, and to experience that magical feeling, that you do not get from the theme parks of today.

There are still some places still like this, the hard part is also kids (and parents) paying attention to them instead of their phones or tablets.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The earth is hungry.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock