Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Help a Lady Across the Street? Uh, not quite. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Help a Lady Across the Street? Uh, not quite. by Formula88
Started on: 07-06-2014 02:13 AM
Replies: 63 (992 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 09-25-2014 01:58 AM
Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post07-06-2014 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

Unfotunatly were not even safe on our couch...

You were not there either,but the only life that was "on the line "was hers...

and HE was the one threating it..

Trying to jaywalk into traffic endangers everyone on the road. If he had let her go, and she got hit ( at the least... not even discussing accidents of people trying to avoid her ) the cop would have been chastised for not stopping her.

He did the right thing. Get over it. Save your energy for a real transgression of power.

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 07-06-2014).]

IP: Logged
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2014 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nurb... Your bad days must really blow.

Even with a "170" IQ, you just cannot seem to understand. Sorry brother.
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Trying to jaywalk into traffic endangers everyone on the road. If he had let her go, and she got hit ( at the least... not even discussing accidents of people trying to avoid her ) the cop would have been chastised for not stopping her.

He did the right thing. Get over it. Save your energy for a real transgression of power.

OOOooo you got me sold...

You have shown me in your ultimate wisdom how wrong I am ..I do apologize for my transgressions and will now follow ORDERS given to me by my supperiors with no Questions and shall bow my head and believe any and all Edicts that they deamed to hand down to my unworthy life..

I will work for the benefit for my masters as I know they have only my welfare at heart,the good I do for the collective is only outshined by there Fairness and Careing they bequest to me....

Sarcasm....it shall be illegal soon too

You have some warped reality..

What you let them get away with to day they will use to get away with more tomorrow..

We are (Im being U.S. specific)not enacting Laws localy or with oversite as once we did we have let the entre system gradually erode these..What was considered as you put it "real transgression of power" Like a cop beating a woman on the streets in broad daylight ...Was truly abhorrant in the past when we were men and not Lemmons as you seem to want us regulated as...

[This message has been edited by fireboss (edited 07-07-2014).]

fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fireboss

2248 posts
Member since Apr 2011

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

"170" IQ, .

is that counted in metric or standard?

EDIT to add... Hi Tony how was your 4th?

[This message has been edited by fireboss (edited 07-06-2014).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post07-06-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb... Your bad days must really blow.

Even with a "170" IQ, you just cannot seem to understand. Sorry brother.

No, i understand all too well what its like on the other side of this equation. What its like to approach an unknown threat, with your life in the balance.. I doubt few people here ever have.
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, i understand all too well what its like on the other side of this equation. What its like to approach an unknown threat, with your life in the balance.. I doubt few people here ever have.

Been There Done That...Got my own scars..

And dont want to see any one else in harms way,like the lady we have seen beaten..
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

if i refuse to cooperate and resist arrest, i deserve it. ( note, i wouldn't do either so wouldn't be getting a beat down )

Right, because the police never beat someone who is cooperating. [/sarcasm]

Dream worlds, it would be nice if we could all live in one.

LAFAYETTE, IN — An officer has been allowed to keep his job and face no legal consequences after accosting a paralyzed and dumping him out of his wheelchair into the street.

http://truthfed.com/2014/07...s-job-faces-charges/

another

A male officer ordered him to stand up, Dodson recalled. “I said, ‘I can’t stand up. That’s why I’m in this wheelchair.’”

A second officer literally slammed the paralyzed man face-first on the ground and handcuffed him behind his back, the Roanoke Times reported.

http://thefreethoughtprojec...est-parapalegic-man/

Brad

[This message has been edited by Fats (edited 07-06-2014).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2014 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

Been There Done That...Got my own scars..

And dont want to see any one else in harms way,like the lady we have seen beaten..

X2 for me.

@ Fieroboss... My fourth was filled with dinosaurs. Walking with the dinosaurs was in town, and I took my son. Epic to say the least.

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know what lead up to the beginning of the video, but I do think he went too far. I agree with the stop and even the arrest. But the way it was done was wrong.
I would think he could have got the same results with and arm bar then rolling her over.

Doing the right thing the wrong way can be just as bad.
That said...

When I was much younger I worked with a guy, very friendly and always talking. Came into work and he was sitting in the corner of the break room.
This went on for a couple of days so I asked, seems he was driving home from work and an elderly lady stepped out in front of him on the highway.
In a blink of an eye her life was over and his was changed forever. I worked there for a couple of months and he was never the same.

The woman shouldn't have been on the side of the highway, the home she left said she was depressed and it could have been a suicide.
We will never know. It would have been nice if there was someone that could have stopped her.

He is probably still thinking about that morning. I heard she pretty much just fell in pieces when he hit her. He was doing 65 and on his way home after a 12 hour shift.
Still lived with his mom, his life hadn't even started yet. If she would have been a little faster and not have been hit on the corner of his van she would have went into his windshield and could have ended both of their lives.
I'm sure he wished that had happened more than once.

You cant always know what is on someones mind. Rules are in place for all of our safty.
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder what would happen if someone assaulted me, I beat them, my friends showed up, held the other person, and I continued to beat that guy.

I'd probably go to prison.

The Police get medals.

There is a huge difference between holding someone, and beating the crap out of them.

Brad
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

X2 for me.

@ Fieroboss... My fourth was filled with dinosaurs. Walking with the dinosaurs was in town, and I took my son. Epic to say the least.

I had to take a double take when I read bout the dinos....Then had to google It Bet he had to have had a blast..I don't have ank kids but I would always take my necies and nephews out to the shows and parade when they were younger....glad it was fun..

Cool.... Now let me get back on topic....

YEAH take that...

[This message has been edited by fireboss (edited 07-06-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2014 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

....... refused to follow orders. She got what she deserved.

I refuse to follow orders too.....I am not IN the military or aviation anymore, and havent been since 2004 (10 years) and any uniform that thinks they are gonna bark orders at me has another thought coming their way---I am a free man subject to no human, and intend to remain that way.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 07-06-2014).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

"Non-confrontational calmness" is not something I usually associate with the vast majority of people posting here - quite to the contrary.

I can totally understand your thinking. You view is limited from your particular perch.

Originally posted by Formula88:

Here's a crazy idea. Maybe police officers could be taught how to subdue someone other than "punch them in the head until they stop moving."
Nah. At least the cop didn't kill her to keep her safe.

Quoted for truth.

Take away the option to tackle the person, then that is about all that is left.

Are you in any way familiar with proper procedure and training regarding subduing an irrational person??

I don't think you are based on your response. I think you are just talking out of your ass.

Are you aware that law enforcement is (supposed to be) regularly trained to avoid hitting people directly in the face with their hands?

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2014 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For contrast:

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

For contrast:

Well, that is one way to do it!! LOL

I can see possibly not having riot gear like bean bags available but they all have tasers!
WTF?
Light hi, up ike a xmas tree!. I certainly would not have let him get his hands near me.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Each case is different.

That is true.
I dont know enough about what happened to make much other comment about this short vid.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-07-2014).]

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Late that the party here but that cop was way out of line. I can't hardly believe what utter pussies the police have become. Whimps, poor training, no technique bad judgment. Maybe he should have just shot her and been done with it. Shouldn't be on the job.

Jay walking, really, what next. Does anybody here even know what the punishment for jaywalking is? here is a clue, it not getting shiit beat out of you.

I hope her lowlife (as called right here) family successfully sues. There is only one way to curb this pig attitude, well you can always beat on them but make dam sure you are in the right.................... and can prove it ......
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by V8 Vega:
This story is in the news here. The lady if you can call her that is a homeless bum known to cause trouble
And now I heard this morning the family of the parasite is taking advantage of the situation to sue someone, the state I guess. Their big chance has come at last.

What I do not know is if there was resistance after the cops first turned her around but, what I did see was her hands attempting to grab or claw at the cop, and as soon as she took her hand away to protect herself, the cop stopped punching.

I do not want some fool pedestrian causing me to get my car smashed up, the CHP did another good job here, IMHO.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I believe she did not comply with a lawful order from a police officer.
I believe he was within his rights to take her into custody.
I believe he used excessive force in doing so.

But...the one thing he could not afford to do was lose control of the situation.
Suspects can grab guns, pull a knife, run out into the street, etc.
So the amount of force he needed to use to control the situation at the moment is left to his judgment.
But the one thing that was imperative for him once she physically & dangerously resisted a lawful order, was to neutralize that danger.
He chose the level of force he thought was appropriate.

After the fact, it will be left to others to determine if his judgment was correct or not.
But in the moment...he went with his instinct & training.
"Control the situation".

Many people have lots to say about police officers doing their jobs.
Unfortunately, few could actually do it with the non-confrontational calmness they preach from their easychair...it can get a little rougher then simply talking them into handcuffs.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Sick, as I said. There are better ways to deal with such a situation. ...

Try being a cop for a week.

I think he'd get his clock cleaned. Or worse.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-07-2014).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.alternet.org/new...-wild-shooting-spree

July 7, 2014 |

In the past decade, civil suits against the NYPD have more than doubled, hitting a record high of 9,500 in 2012, according to CBS Local. They've cost taxpayers $1 billion dollars and tend to result from such outstanding police work as making false arrests and shooting people's pets.

Now, the city might be on the hook for $90 billion thanks to a NYPD officer who got wasted and just started shooting at a parked car for no reason.

According to the AP, the two men suing the department -- Joseph Felice and Robert Borrelli -- were waiting at a red light when the off-duty officer unloaded 14 shots into their vehicle. One man was hit 6 times, but his friend was able to rush him to the hospital in time to save his life.
"I honestly don't know how we survived this unprovoked ambush, or why he chose to single out Joe and myself for his vicious rampage," Borrelli said, according to the AP.

Court documents obtained by the Lohud Journal News show that the officer told police that he hit the bar after a day spent training at an NYPD shooting range. He had 10 drinks there and says he doesn't remember much of what happened next. In addition to the civil suit, he faces charges of attempted murder, first-degree assault and driving while intoxicated, reports the AP.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2014 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:
article:
.. thanks to a NYPD officer who got wasted...

A car, a gun, etc.. all dangerous in the hands of someone drunk or high.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-08-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2014 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

A car, a gun, etc.. all dangerous in the hands of someone drunk or high.

Not saying your wrong about dangers of drugs and alcohol but in that case with the cop I would suspect mental issues.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EVERYBODY should know by now that as soon as a Cop decides you are "resisting" he's gonna beat the crap out of you if that's what it takes to get the cuffs on.

"Resisting" includes not following his orders or even stating "I didn't do anything wrong..."
He's already decided you have and that you have no right to "question" his authority.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 07-09-2014).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She got $1.8 million in settlement from CHP for the beating she took.

The woman who was captured on cellphone video being beaten by a California Highway Patrol officer on the side of a Los Angeles freeway reached a $1.5 million settlement with the department on Wednesday, according to her attorney, Caree Harper.

The settlement includes a provision that the officer involved will resign.

It (the video) showed 51-year-old Marlene Pinnock walking away from the officer on the side of the freeway.

He could then be seen walked up behind her, grabbing her and throwing her to the ground. He then straddled the great-grandmother and began repeatedly punching her in the face and upper body.

The beating lasted for up to 15 seconds, according to the video.

Marlene Pinnock was repeatedly punched on July 1, 2014, by a CHP officer in an incident caught on cellphone video. (Credit: KTLA)
Marlene Pinnock was repeatedly punched on July 1, 2014, by a CHP officer in an incident caught on cellphone video. (Credit: KTLA)
On Wednesday evening, CHP Commissioner Joe Farrow issued the following statement:

“When this incident occurred, I promised that I would look into it and vowed a swift resolution. Today, we have worked constructively to reach a settlement agreement that is satisfactory to all parties involved.

I am thankful to the attorneys representing both sides who worked cooperatively and diligently to resolve this civil lawsuit.

The bulk of the settlement establishes a special needs trust for Ms. Pinnock to provide a mechanism for her long term care. Additionally, Officer Andrew has elected to resign.

I very much appreciate the trust the public has placed in our organization to address this issue and resolve it responsibly.”

Again, the Calif taxpayer has to eat it.
$4.2 mil to the 2 ladies LAPD sent to the hospital because they happened to be sitting in a pickup truck during the Dorner manhunt.

$1.8 Mil to the Torrence man who was "accidentally" shot at during the same manhunt.

$5 million more awarded last month for the death of an unarmed Corvette driver

These 'mistakes' are getting expensive.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay