Started on: 07-01-2014 01:28 PM
Replies: 23 (536 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 07-06-2014 09:56 AM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took off for a great 4 day weekend at the Vintage Gran Prix at Mid Ohio. Everything was awesome and hooked up with a couple of Pennocks members all day Saturday

I got home whipped and tired Sunday nite. Walk in the door and hit by an awful odor. (did my cat die). No, luckily ...but kitchen carpet is soaking wet. Seems my renters blew the breaker that my fridge is on. I just got all of this months groceries before I left. So they didnt reset it or call me and I threw away all the food since it apparently was out all weekend and ran onto the carpet. So after that, still now more exhausted I decide to go pick up something to eat. Open the garage and the van has a flat tire. I just said screw it I was too tired to change it. About 11pm, my Ex calls that I havent heard a word from in 35 years, wanting to borrow some money to paint her house. Now yesterday morning I get up to find the ACs not working and its 90*. Im watching tv when the cable box now goes beserk. I unplugged it to reset and it wouldnt do anything but set on one channel. I called the cable company and try to work thru whats up with it. Me and the cable tech still cant get the box to work correctly after spending 1 1/2 hours on the phone with them. They decide I need new remote, and I told them I have 3 of your remotes all with good batteries and it does nothing with any of them. Then they decide they will bring a new cable box, but i lose all my DVR recordings from over the weekend. Im not going with that choice. Finally they decide they will bring a new box, but let me keep the old one until I watch teh recordings...Im OK with that...but they tell me they will charge for multi boxes, but give me a credit back next month OK fine. So I figure Ill pay my cell phone bill and their online payment system will not take my payment. So I go down to the store to pay it figuring Ill get gas and flat fixed while im out. The stores system is also down so they cant take a payment either...I just told them to add it to next months bill. Just down the street is some cheaper gas at a Sams Club station. Never got it there but its 10 cents cheaper. I stick in my debit card but it requires you to put in a membership card, so no gas. I go back to my regular station and fill it. So thats about my last 36 hours and its 90* again with no AC. Im not really that big into it, but with this much aggravation going on it would be nice to be cooler. So thats the start of my holiday week.

Hope your 4th goes better than mines looking..
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-01-2014 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I'll be working.
The Spice must flow...
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If this is what retirement looks like, I'll just keep working 'til I drop dead, thanks.

You actually had a great time, and you're just making this up to make us feel better, right?
Right?

Please say you made it up.

Roger?....
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And to top everything off someone stole his prized hat!!! The nerve of some people. Roger, I have a solution....DRINK MORE BEER! Now go on and have a better week. Remember...It can always be worse.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not too bad so far. Hauled and put away 24,000 lbs of hay, penned some calves to wean and sell next week, started pulling the plumbing off a big air tank to make a smoker out of, put out 2 tons of fertilize, got word youngest son is going to be moving to Houston next week to manage the Houston plant of the oilfield company he has worked for since 1999. The rest of the kids not doing nearly as well, but I luv em all the same.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This guy had more fun than I did
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Safe to look at anywhere
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Melanie said whatever you do don't take the plane out !
Go to Hooters and have some wings and a couple of beers.

Well my week started out watching you tube videos to see if I could find one that shows the steps for removing the passenger fender on the Burb, as it's due yet another yearly safety inspection and rust threw is a NO, No here in Maine. The one I found that was most helpful left out a few important steps, like removing the grill, and oh ya, How the FK do you get the dam antenna mount off that FKN fender? Not to mention unplugging it from the wire to wire plug behind the fender, now wasn't that fun.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/107372.html

Remember a couple of years ago I painted the Burb and did a Gypsy job body work on it? Well that is coming back to bite me right in the ass. All that sheet metal I riveted in the inter wheel well and rocker panels are giving me crap, did you know a plasma cutter won't cut threw bondo? So I am stuck cutting everything out with a cutoff wheel with an angle grinder, AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
I got a set of slip on rocker panels and a passenger side frt fender from an online body panel company, actually some great prices, even after shipping costs from MI to ME.

http://www.c2cfabrication.c...model=167&syear=1994

But then I cut just a little to much out of the original rocker panel so I had to salvage a peace of metal I already cut out to fix the hole left.

Now after cutting the rocker out I realize I have to replace the inside panel and the wheelhouse on the fender and not wanting to wait for those to arrive I have to go get some sheet metal from a local supplier and add that to those places. Now add to all that the fact that I am doing all of this outside my shop because Melanie has my shop filled with crap she has inherited that is covered in black mold so I can't even get the dam truck inside if I wanted to and add to that the fact that I am working on the ground or bent over that is killing my back even more so to the point that even with all the drugs I am on I can barely work for an hour at a time in the 99+ degree heat, if it's not raining.

I am getting to old for all this SH!T !

I need a lift and a full time helper with a good back, AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 07-02-2014).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I took off for a great 4 day weekend at the Vintage Gran Prix at Mid Ohio. Everything was awesome and hooked up with a couple of Pennocks members all day Saturday

I got home whipped and tired Sunday nite. Walk in the door and hit by an awful odor. (did my cat die). No, luckily ...but kitchen carpet is soaking wet. Seems my renters blew the breaker that my fridge is on. I just got all of this months groceries before I left. So they didnt reset it or call me and I threw away all the food since it apparently was out all weekend and ran onto the carpet. So after that, still now more exhausted I decide to go pick up something to eat. Open the garage and the van has a flat tire. I just said screw it I was too tired to change it. About 11pm, my Ex calls that I havent heard a word from in 35 years, wanting to borrow some money to paint her house. Now yesterday morning I get up to find the ACs not working and its 90*. Im watching tv when the cable box now goes beserk. I unplugged it to reset and it wouldnt do anything but set on one channel. I called the cable company and try to work thru whats up with it. Me and the cable tech still cant get the box to work correctly after spending 1 1/2 hours on the phone with them. They decide I need new remote, and I told them I have 3 of your remotes all with good batteries and it does nothing with any of them. Then they decide they will bring a new cable box, but i lose all my DVR recordings from over the weekend. Im not going with that choice. Finally they decide they will bring a new box, but let me keep the old one until I watch teh recordings...Im OK with that...but they tell me they will charge for multi boxes, but give me a credit back next month OK fine. So I figure Ill pay my cell phone bill and their online payment system will not take my payment. So I go down to the store to pay it figuring Ill get gas and flat fixed while im out. The stores system is also down so they cant take a payment either...I just told them to add it to next months bill. Just down the street is some cheaper gas at a Sams Club station. Never got it there but its 10 cents cheaper. I stick in my debit card but it requires you to put in a membership card, so no gas. I go back to my regular station and fill it. So thats about my last 36 hours and its 90* again with no AC. Im not really that big into it, but with this much aggravation going on it would be nice to be cooler. So thats the start of my holiday week.

Wow, that really is a terrible sequence of events!

My best friend in coming in to San Francisco to see his girlfriend and I'm driving up to hang out with them on the 4th. I'm very excited because I haven't seen him in about 7 months.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roger, I hope your week end gets better.

Lets see, Linda made coffee cake for the ladies meeting last night, brought some home, went really well with coffee this morning. Have a shooting day planned for tomorrow, clays and the pistol range. Shot a friend's 9mm Sig last week and thought it was heaven, looking forward to doing that again.

All of you have a good weekend and remember why we celebrate the 4th.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roger, I could endure much of your bad weekend except if my former wife called and asked for money, I'd probably have to be locked up. Only my present wife could stop me from driving to where the witch lives in Texas and do something bad. (I'd probably have a change of heart on the way and just tell myself that she isn't worth going to jail for)

I sincerely hope your 4th holiday goes better. You're one of my favorite PFF folks.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve, Ive had more than my share of rusted out pickup rockers. I found the cure since most of them are clear gone to dust. I go down to Home depot and buy 2 lengths of aluminum rain gutter. I cut them off making use of the bends already there and add any more I need. Fords work really well. Then I run a bead of liquid nails (also a great sealant) along the door sills. I lay my new panels down in the glue and pop rivet them every few inches where either the seal or sill plate will cover them. If not hidden, the rivets still dont look too bad. Then i fasten the bottom end to the flange underneath with rivets and more liquid nails. Then I just run a pretty bead of drip check sealer along the front and back ends, and along the top next to the rivets. Prime and paint. Never any more rust to come back.
PFF
System Bot
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My week: found out my Dad probably only has a few weeks before he succumbs to his lung cancer that he JUST found out he has not even 2 months ago.. he has few options, no appetite, and starts an emergency battery of radiation which I believe will only serve to weaken him and shorten his time. He's lost 60 lbs. I am on "call" to at any minute drive 5 and a half hours (probably less with this lead foot) so I can go be with him and give him comfort during his last hours. Today it began sinking in.

My business is only floating and if I keep disappearing because of personal issues, people will stop getting work done here.. already a rumor spreading around town I am moving, created by the other shop around here to make me fail.....and my dog just hurt her ACL for the fifth time leaping from furniture and is down for the count again.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear this Tbone. I wish you and yours only the best outcome.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-02-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Sorry to hear this Tbone. I wish you and yours only the best outcome.

Ditto.
I hope you get a break sometime.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Ditto.
I hope you get a break sometime.

Thanks Don. (And Don.)
Not sure if that's even possible until I am laying in MY grave... the only good news about losing family en masse like this is that it won't hurt as bad later, just now sucks really bad. I had planned on rolling out to Dad's in Texas before Xmas and maybe stopping through Cleveland on the way through and seeing Mary Jane.. but.. I have serious doubts about my pops even being around by then. I hope so... but...

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tbone hang in there. Prayers for you and family.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same here from me...
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

My week: found out my Dad probably only has a few weeks before he succumbs to his lung cancer that he JUST found out he has not even 2 months ago.. he has few options, no appetite, and starts an emergency battery of radiation which I believe will only serve to weaken him and shorten his time. He's lost 60 lbs. I am on "call" to at any minute drive 5 and a half hours (probably less with this lead foot) so I can go be with him and give him comfort during his last hours. Today it began sinking in.

My business is only floating and if I keep disappearing because of personal issues, people will stop getting work done here.. already a rumor spreading around town I am moving, created by the other shop around here to make me fail.....and my dog just hurt her ACL for the fifth time leaping from furniture and is down for the count again.

Keep your head up and never forget Dad will always be there for you when you need him, you be there for him now and you will never regret it, as long as you remember the good times he was with you he will always be there. So Sorry this is happening to him.

Steve, Ive had more than my share of rusted out pickup rockers. I found the cure since most of them are clear gone to dust. I go down to Home depot and buy 2 lengths of aluminum rain gutter. I cut them off making use of the bends already there and add any more I need. Fords work really well. Then I run a bead of liquid nails (also a great sealant) along the door sills. I lay my new panels down in the glue and pop rivet them every few inches where either the seal or sill plate will cover them. If not hidden, the rivets still dont look too bad. Then i fasten the bottom end to the flange underneath with rivets and more liquid nails. Then I just run a pretty bead of drip check sealer along the front and back ends, and along the top next to the rivets. Prime and paint. Never any more rust to come back.

Where the fk were you when I ordered those parts?

Thanks for the heads up though for the next time on the next truck, I am sure the next one will be just as bad.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 07-03-2014).]

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Other than the hurricane, we're doing great.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

DANGERUS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DANGERUSSend a Private Message to DANGERUSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow tbone, you have really had a tough go. I lost my Mom suddenly in 2000 (she was only 54), and my Dad (also suddenly) a year and 15 days later. This all happened when we had recently patched things up after having a falling out for a couple years. Until then I had never had to deal with the loss of anyone close, and it was tough. If nothing else, at least you have an opportunity to say the things you want to say to your father, and let him know how you feel. All I can say is I am praying for you and time does heal wounds.
iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My week is much better than some of yours. I'm starting a new position at work making a bit over $25 per hour and within about a year I'll be up to $35 per hour. I entered a raffle and just won a prize for a trip for 2 to Wendover, NV including airfare, hotel and $400 cash spending money. Finally, I received a bonus at work for $3800.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my 4th of july was ruined by an inflatable raft...
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2014 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by iced_theater:

My week is much better than some of yours. I'm starting a new position at work making a bit over $25 per hour and within about a year I'll be up to $35 per hour. I entered a raffle and just won a prize for a trip for 2 to Wendover, NV including airfare, hotel and $400 cash spending money. Finally, I received a bonus at work for $3800.

Dang!
Sweet!
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Seems my renters blew the breaker that my fridge is on. I just got all of this months groceries before I left. So they didnt reset it or call me and I threw away all the food since it apparently was out all weekend and ran onto the carpet.

I've quickly learned that renters simply do not care about the homes they rent (for the most part). Even myself... I rented a town-house for three years when I lived in Maryland, and even though I gave back the townhouse in BETTER SHAPE than when I got it (repainted with original colors, fixed all the little issues, etc)... there were still times I said to myself... "why should I care? it's not my house." And that's really the philosophy that most people have when they rent.

I think I posted on here before at how frustrated I was. I know they say it's against the law to discriminate... but I rented my home to a single woman with two children... that will be the LAST TIME I do that. When I got back my house, it was TRASHED... about the only thing they hadn't done was burn it to the ground. I'm still fixing things in the house, and I honestly still find things that are broken and I say to myself... how the HELL did she manage to break that?

She never cleaned either...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock