Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  If I ever come across the people on youtube who make videos like this,

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
If I ever come across the people on youtube who make videos like this, by 84fiero123
Started on: 06-29-2014 05:38 PM
Replies: 7 (197 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 06-30-2014 07:08 PM
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will beat then to death with a baseball bat !

First of all he never showed all the bolts, then he never showed all the thing people do to try and fix something like that, that make the job so much harder than he makes it out to be. like all the bondo and rivets and junk steel people put in. while he may have been lucky and not come across all those things, WTF has anyone ever done a fender replacement that was that straight forward or easy? WTF !

Never in my life has any body panel replacement ever been that simple, Roger or any one else?
How about all the fender nuts,

Those things that always brake or rip the panel they are in apart and spin forever never to come out.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 06-29-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

WTF has anyone ever done a fender replacement that was that straight forward or easy?

Front Jeep fenders can be done in about 1/2 an hour, even with rust, etc.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2014 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL, Steve.....those "fendernuts" are called Speed Nuts and are made by Tinnerman. Way back in 2003 I did a 6-month quality control contract for them....

You are welcome.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you expand your aggravation to all the people who post idiotic how to videos on youtube, the pile of bodies will get higher every minute. Which is ok with me. I hate going to youtube looking for a help video to find:

1. No light on the item. Can't see what the narrator is holding.
2. Steps left out of the order of work.
3. Hand held camera. Does anyone know what a tripod is?
4. Camera never refocused when item is moved. " See right here? " NO, STUPID, I CAN'T! The camera isn't focused!
5. The narrator expects me to know the name / how to identify this or that part or place.
6. Uh, well, uh, right here, uh, I'm gonna, uh . . .

This isn't that hard to do with only a little thought.

1. Practice until your technique is smooth.
2. Light the object, especially inside.
3. Use the common name for everything. If you don't know it, look it up. Someone in Montana may not understand that folks in North Carolina call x a sdoirtoi.
4. Keep everything in focus. Stop recording if you have to, edit the video.
5. Write a script. Practice it until you don't need to say uh, uh, uh; you what what the next word is.

You may not be a professional _________ but you can look like one.

Rant over.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WTF has anyone ever done a fender replacement that was that straight forward or easy?

** fairly un-related **
When I was trying to figure out how to open the iPod nano gen 3 without cracking the lcd, I watched a video on YouTube to get a better idea of the process. The only video I could find, the girl opening it took it off screen for a moment, less than 5 seconds, & brought it back up open. 10 minute video, with the paydirt being completely hidden, if it wasn't staged.

[This message has been edited by no2pencil (edited 06-30-2014).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

If you expand your aggravation to all the people who post idiotic how to videos on youtube, the pile of bodies will get higher every minute. Which is ok with me. I hate going to youtube looking for a help video to find:

Rant over.

Hey I'm already running out of places to hide the bodies, don't give me any more ideas !

Steve
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-30-2014 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

LOL, Steve.....those "fendernuts" are called Speed Nuts and are made by Tinnerman.

Yup.
In my business we call them Tinnerman Nuts.
We also have Russellstoll plugs...
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Yup.
In my business we call them Tinnerman Nuts.
We also have Russellstoll plugs...

At GM we called them J nuts, I know their are a dozen different names. My problem with that video was it was so fast, he skipped so many other things ahead of the fender removal and several fender bolts that he didn't show along with many other things.

Steve

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock