Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The Release Of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl ... A Taliban POW For Five Years (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Release Of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl ... A Taliban POW For Five Years by cliffw
Started on: 06-02-2014 08:20 AM
Replies: 202 (3138 views)
Last post by: Formula88 on 10-11-2014 04:17 PM
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Then you quote Sharpton? This guy has more legal cover ups than our prez. You follow some evil people.

Thanks for the negs **** sucker.

Not sure if he did neg you, but I'd at least like to clarify that I changed my rating of you to - earlier today. Sorry Tony but you seem to be changing into quite a bitter person in the last few months and your more recent posting has been quite rude. No hard feelings.

As far as the situation regarding the topic... No surprise coming from this administration, there are very troubling times for America indeed.
IP: Logged
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2014 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Not sure if he did neg you, but I'd at least like to clarify that I changed my rating of you to - earlier today. Sorry Tony but you seem to be changing into quite a bitter person in the last few months and your more recent posting has been quite rude. No hard feelings.

As far as the situation regarding the topic... No surprise coming from this administration, there are very troubling times for America indeed.

Thank you. And yes, a plus for your honesty. But sorry you feel that way. Perhaps I should have negged you when you and Steve were swapping jabs. Hey, kick a man when he is down.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Video: http://social.newsinc.com/m....U408bc4jqUQ.twitter

He actually has the gall to say this.

By President Obama
...and he wasn't forgotten by his country, because the United States of America does not ever leave our men and women in uniform behind. ...

Well, I guess Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty, and Tyrone S. Woods weren't in "uniform" at the time, so it's all good.

Apparently Bowe has forgotten how to speak English. His father addresses him in Arabic at the podium after Obama finishes speaking. Does anyone know what he said? It's at the 4 minute mark.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perhaps I should have negged you when you and Steve were swapping jabs. Hey, kick a man when he is down.

Tony.. Think of how much of your life you are wasting pissing and moaning about a lot of sh*t that you can't control, hell so many people do that here that its no surprise why OT can get so dreary at times. I think you know that I genuinely wish you nothing but the best in your life, but the mindset you have is NOT working. I hope you can adapt and change yourself for the better

Perhaps you should've negged me when a bitter/ senile old man was harassing me and blowing a legal gray area that I took advantage of out of proportion? Makes sense.. It is a free country after all
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:
Does anyone know what he said? It's at the 4 minute mark.

According to Boondawg we don't. And we don't, unless some one speaks Taliban. It is reported he praised and thanked Allah. No one is denying it. It is also said that his dad's beard is in sympathy for the Taliban.
There are also troubling tweets of his dad's, after the Rose Garden ceremony celebrating Bergdahls release, which have since been removed. Supposedly assuring all Gitmo detainees that he will not rest until they are all released. In repayment for all the Afghan children we killed.
Think of the children.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2014 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

According to Boondawg we don't.

Is this the quote you are referring to?:

Originally posted by Boondawg:

All of us must at least admit that we don't really know anything about the capture, imprisonment, negotiation, trade, etc. or any of the gathered & collected intel what-so-ever about this situation other then what the "news sources" tell us....

If so, it's not even a good try.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More importantly, we don't know anything that Boondawg means, because if you think you do - you're wrong.
Many humans have evolved to communicate thoughts and ideas with language. Boondawg is beyond such constraints as thought and language, and is therefore incomprehensible to anyone who isn't Boondawg.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001
Why Were The Other 3 Americans in Militant Custody Not Included?

No mention in the media celebration of Berghdahl's release about the other 3 POWs. Has anyone else heard anything?

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2014 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More importantly, we don't know anything that Boondawg means, because if you think you do - you're wrong.

Aw, that's just sad.
Get well soon.
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why Were The Other 3 Americans in Militant Custody Not Included?

No mention in the media celebration of Berghdahl's release about the other 3 POWs. Has anyone else heard anything?

Quite simply because the other three weren't Muslim sympathizers, and therefore Barrack Hussein didn't give a damn about them.
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll just leave this here-

“What none of these media is reporting is that the father’s (SGT Bowe Bergdahl’s father Bob) first words at the WH were in Arabic – those words were “bism allah alrahman alraheem” – which means “in the name of Allah the most gracious and most merciful” – these are the opening words of every chapter of the Qur’an except one (the chapter of the sword – the 9th) – by uttering these words on the grounds of the WH, Bergdahl (the father) sanctified the WH and claimed it for Islam. There is no question but POTUS knows this.”

http://allenbwest.com/2014/...-white-house-arabic/
PFF
System Bot
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2014 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have listen to the men who served with Bergdahl,in extensive radio interviews they concider him a deserter & traitor .
right after he walked away the enemy seem to have more precise information where to shoot there mortars & where to
hit the base ..Previously these men would not speak ,,this man should return to the USA in chain,s & be hung !
Our military leaders are furious,boiling with rage ,except for the Obumbles lap dogs star gazers
Obumble has increase the power of our enemies & thier WAR fighting ability & aided them,, this is an act of WAR against America by her president absolutely amazing .. impeachment talk has begun..
America has more & more traitors like Snowden & Bergcrapola .because there is no real punishment,..many of our school & university
instructors teach hatred of America we have been greatly demished & shamed by Obumbles & the democrats aho seem to hate America ..
we are falling from within & the world will be greatly harmed by our failure
every American should come home ,but this was a bad trade the GITMO 5 are the worst of the worse the taliban killer elite release to fight & kill us again
there are still millions who love the rat fornicator Obumbles who will free killers to kill Americans again
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2014 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

uhlanstan

6446 posts
Member since Apr 2007
write your congressmen & Senators to Impeach Obumbles for selling us out
& returning the worst killers to the battlefield to kill Americans .
He has aided our enemies ,if we had captured Goring or Himmler in WW2 would we have release them ???
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

“What none of these media is reporting is that the father’s (SGT Bowe Bergdahl’s father Bob) first words at the WH were in Arabic – those words were “bism allah alrahman alraheem” – which means “in the name of Allah the most gracious and most merciful” – these are the opening words of every chapter of the Qur’an except one (the chapter of the sword – the 9th) – by uttering these words on the grounds of the WH, Bergdahl (the father) sanctified the WH and claimed it for Islam. There is no question but POTUS knows this.”

Hahahahahaha, Allen West is always good for a laugh.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 06-03-2014).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:
Hahahahahaha, Allen West is always good for a laugh.

Hahahahahaha, you are too, .
Did he lie ? Allen West is held in more esteem than Bergdahl for reason.

It seems it ok to believe the "lame stream media" when it can be skewed to fit the hate and fear. Otherwise you can't trust anything "they" say.

Hello pot, meet kettle.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hahahahahaha, you are too, .
Did he lie ? Allen West is held in more esteem than Bergdahl for reason.

Lie about what Mr. Berdahl said? I doubt it. Lie about the underlying meaning? I would say so.

Hello pot, meet kettle.

Oh I'm sure I have been guilty but I try not to believe only one source. Some here seem to believe a headline from anywhere.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 06-03-2014).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I saw that. I didn't post it before because I was hoping someone would recognize what he said in the video so we could see if it matches the explanation on Col. West's page.
I don't want to read something into it that isn't there, but I have a hard time believing his son forgot English in 5 years.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lie about the underlying meaning? I would say so.

That's quite an allegation to make against a US war hero Mr Pot. Of one who overcame much to serve, and then went on to serve with honors and who achieved high rank. Who went on to serve in Congress.
Would you care to debate his thoughts with me ? It would be easy for me to defend his opinion.

Oh I'm sure I have been guilty but I try not to believe only one source.

Let me guess. You were only guilty when it fit your needs.

Some here seem to believe a headline from anywhere.

Wow, another unsubstantiated allegation. I suppose you are accusing those that believed George Zimmerman was guilty before trial, those that believed Twana Browley was really brutalized by cops with their night sticks, those that believed the Duke University Lacross rape victim was indeed a rape victim.
Rock on, .

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, another unsubstantiated allegation. I suppose you are accusing those that believed George Zimmerman was guilty before trial, those that believed Twana Browley was really brutalized by cops with their night sticks, those that believed the Duke University Lacross rape victim was indeed a rape victim.
Rock on, .

You can try to put words in my mouth hoping I will continue to give you things to respond to but I really don't care. I'm sure you'll find lots of other things to be upset about today!

Have a happy healthy!
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2014 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Tony.. Think of how much of your life you are wasting pissing and moaning about a lot of sh*t that you can't control, hell so many people do that here that its no surprise why OT can get so dreary at times. I think you know that I genuinely wish you nothing but the best in your life, but the mindset you have is NOT working. I hope you can adapt and change yourself for the better

Perhaps you should've negged me when a bitter/ senile old man was harassing me and blowing a legal gray area that I took advantage of out of proportion? Makes sense.. It is a free country after all

I know that I have been posting some pretty cool **** lately. At least I think it is.

You know I love ya mang. Perhaps I am stirring the pot a bit, but I am ok with that. I am not out to ruin anyone's life, but when I smell BS, I have no issues with fanning it away.

I still sleep well.
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2014 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mullah 'toilet straw sucker' Omar celebrates the big victory ,he called it ""big victory"' the return of his 5 killer buddies ..taliban fired weapons in air & came as
close to
tallywacker street dancing shuffle as close as they could come !! Omar is the head of the Taliban known as Omar the one eye tent maker..
Bergdahl is a less than a ""gnat"" to Toilet sucking ,award winning ,champion OMAR,,,,,HOW STUPID COULD THE AMERICANS BE??

have you checked out Talli dad?? a bone ni fied genuine crazy lib,, the spoiled rotten apple did not fall far from the tree house
Bergdahls buddies concider him a traitor..special forces would not risk a man to try & save a turncoat ,Traitor ..

.............Special forces knew the location of Bergdahl ,,but refuse to go get him

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 06-03-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
V8 Vega

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2014 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for V8 VegaSend a Private Message to V8 VegaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

After the father said this Obama hugged him. There is no question Obama loves Islam, and thats why he let go 5 of his buddies I just heard on the radio this is one of the most outrageous act in the history of the republic.

[This message has been edited by V8 Vega (edited 06-03-2014).]

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by V8 Vega:
After the father said this Obama hugged him.

I bet it moved
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That was yesterday's Allen West. Here's what he posted about the White House ceremony that happened this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/wat...e&v=HD_qV_QvDjY#t=61
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2014 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

That was yesterday's Allen West. Here's what he posted about the White House ceremony that happened this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/wat...e&v=HD_qV_QvDjY#t=61

LOL!
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2014 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Red88FF:

I bet it moved

Who's?!
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2014 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That was difficult to watch without emotions. What a POS our government is. You know that our president has knowledge of those that lost their lives searching for this "probable" traitor. Then, to have the father speak in such a tongue on hallowed ground... What weakness our nation shown.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That was difficult to watch without emotions. What a POS our government is. You know that our president has knowledge of those that lost their lives searching for this "probable" traitor. Then, to have the father speak in such a tongue on hallowed ground... What weakness our nation shown.

I don't know if I'd call the White House (or any government installation) "hallowed ground" although if you believe the interpretation on West's website, it is now that Bergdahl's father santified it in the name of Allah. I don't know if that translation is accurate, nor the meaning behind it. The literal translation seems innocuous enough out of context.

I'm also curious why so little mention of the remaining captives and why we did a 5:1 trade when we could have bargained for the other 3 and they still would have come out ahead.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If all the Guantanamo prisoners had been executed, or at least tried and sentenced, there would be none of this going on. They should just let them all out in a yard full of wild boars and leave them.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm also curious why so little mention of the remaining captives and why we did a 5:1 trade when we could have bargained for the other 3 and they still would have come out ahead.

The answer may be that they simply handled this as well as everything else they touch.

Boone has a point though that "we" certainly are not in the full information circle, one would hope that there is something, ANYTHING!, that would make this NOT as it appears.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There's a column about this on the Bloomberg News website. Here's an excerpt:

"An administration official, responding to the Republican reaction, said the threat posed by the detainees would be sufficiently mitigated and that the agreement was in U.S. national-security interests."...

I wonder how they "sufficiently mitigated" it.
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's my "platform" :

Taliban "Dream Team" detainees transferred to one year custody in Qatar
An olive branch extended to the Taliban. Will this help pave the way for a political agreement with the legendary "reconcilable" elements of the Taliban? That would be a WIN.

Establishes a ransom "price point" that encourages other attempts to kidnap or capture Americans or uniformed soldiers
I don't think that this provides any more incentive than terror groups and extremists already have

Dealing with Sgt. Berghdal and his "irregular" exfiltration of the army base in Afghanistan
I wouldn't be surprised if the administration manages to bury this issue like a canister of radioactive waste. However, if it were up to me, there would be (after a decent yet brief interval) a formal Army investigation, and if there is a finding of malfeasance, rescind all of his promotions, reduce his rank to Private and discharge him. Maybe even a dishonorable discharge. Maybe sentence him to some community service. Can't imprison him again--bad "optics". The Taliban already handled that for us.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Something's fishy.
... something doesn't add up.

Par for the course.
Dirty deeds.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Here's my "platform" :

An olive branch extended to the Taliban. Will this help pave the way for a political agreement with the legendary "reconcilable" elements of the Taliban? That would be a WIN.

I think negotiating with the Taliban is a lose.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by Red88FF:

The answer may be that they simply handled this as well as everything else they touch.

Boone has a point though that "we" certainly are not in the full information circle, one would hope that there is something, ANYTHING!, that would make this NOT as it appears.

Me too.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2014 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's my "platform" :

Establishes a ransom "price point" that encourages other attempts to kidnap or capture Americans or uniformed soldiers
I don't think that this provides any more incentive than terror groups and extremists already have

Dealing with Sgt. Berghdal and his "irregular" exfiltration of the army base in Afghanistan
I wouldn't be surprised if the administration manages to bury this issue like a canister of radioactive waste. However, if it were up to me, there would be (after a decent yet brief interval) a formal Army investigation, and if there is a finding of malfeasance, rescind all of his promotions, reduce his rank to Private and discharge him. Maybe even a dishonorable discharge. Maybe sentence him to some community service. Can't imprison him again--bad "optics". The Taliban already handled that for us.

Once again you show your true colors. "Legendary reconcilable elements of the taliban"? Are you ****ing serious?!

Edit: Are you advocating we open up talks with the taliban? Are you really saying that these murderous, raping, plotting cave dwellers should be brought to a table to discuss an agreement with the United States of America?

You preach that you know a lot about them... join them.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 06-03-2014).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(c) Any person found guilty of desertion or attempt to desert shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct, but if the desertion or attempt to desert occurs at any other time, by such punishment, other than death, as a court-martial may direct.”

Does the UCMJ define a "time of war" solely as action under a formal Declaration of War, or any hostilities authorized by Congress and the administration?
Sounds like he should be facing a death sentence if convicted.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Legendary" does not refer to the Taliban. It refers to the term "reconcilable".

I doubt that it would be a face-to-face negotiation with the U.S. More likely with the national government of Afghanistan, and the U.S. would sign on as a third party, after the Afghan government and the Taliban have signed.

In case you haven't noticed, the U.S. generals have been talking about a political agreement and cessation of hostilities with the Taliban for years. I can't remember the last time that anyone said "We are going to completely eradicate the Taliban from Afghanistan". Ain't happening.

That might have been the idea when the first U.S. forces went into Afghanistan in October, 2001. Or maybe that was just what the Bush (43) administration wanted the public to think. Or maybe no one ever said that was going to happen at any time. But eliminating the Taliban has not been an objective since the very first years of the war.

No one is going to commit the scale of resources that would now be required to eradicate the Taliban.

Dude.. you really should check out some news websites.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-03-2014).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is peace for our time!

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems our good friend and Hero Bergdahl not only cooperated with our good friends the Taliban, but also renounced his citizenship in the "Great Satan" us of A

http://www.foxnews.com/poli...d-bergdahls-conduct/

If he's not a citizen anymore, why is he even here? Oh yeah, for the conversion of the USSA to Islam.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock