Some Guy Pees in Portland Oregon's Drinking Water Resivor by V8 Vega
Started on: 04-24-2014 11:59 PM
Replies: 17 (281 views)
Last post by: spark1 on 04-25-2014 08:19 PM
V8 Vega

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2014 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8 VegaSend a Private Message to V8 VegaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So now there draining 38 million Gallons. They can replace it OK.seems a shame they don't send it here as were in a drought here.
Portland is one of the largest cities without Fluoride in their water, they voted against it 4 times.

[This message has been edited by V8 Vega (edited 04-25-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fluoride wouldn't matter. It's not a disinfectant. If someone is really draining 38 million gallons of water just because one person whizzed in the reservoir, they're either stupid or scamming someone. That would be like draining your gas tank because you were filling your tank near a sandy beach.
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this an open reservoir? if so would think you could measure the bird poop alone in gallons.
spark1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red88FF:

Is this an open reservoir? if so would think you could measure the bird poop alone in gallons.

And dead animals. Once in a while the bacteria count gets really high for no known reason and people are cautioned to boil the water. It's hard to believe that a city as large as Portland still has open reservoirs in public parks. The snow melt runs downstream into the reservoirs and into the distribution system without being treated.

Portland is deep blue and very weird.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
............... really? Damn. I'd drink it without thinking twice.

EDIT: Lol I commented almost the same thing in the last one.

[This message has been edited by theBDub (edited 04-25-2014).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This makes absolutely no sense. Do the animals in that area not piss or poop?

As I stated in the other thread three years ago... A little pee in the water reservoir is nothing!
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
... A little pee in the water reservoir is nothing!

Seams I have heard groups of people that drink urine for some perceived medicinal purposes
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Isn't the water processed after it leaves the reservoir before entering the city's potable water system? Seems odd to me if it isn't.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

Isn't the water processed after it leaves the reservoir before entering the city's potable water system? Seems odd to me if it isn't.

Ayup, yes it is, I would hope so anyway, with all the birds crapping in it as well as ducks, its not like the thing has a roof to keep that from happening. I have got to wonder just how much this is going to cost.

http://www.oregonlive.com/p...lush_38_million.html

I didn't read the article but unless that kid has aids or something worse I really can't understand the reasoning behind this.

edit, after watching the video and seeing who did it, does anyone think they may have peed in the pool so to speak to get them to drain it so they could skateboard in the empty pool? they were all skate boarders and we all know just how much those skate board punks love empty pools to skate board in.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 04-25-2014).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
stupid waste of money.
PFF
System Bot
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I heard Clifornia allread treats,filters and disinfect its water, then pumps it back up stream. eeeeyou! Toilet water!
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Ayup, yes it is, I would hope so anyway, with all the birds crapping in it as well as ducks,

Ducks are no longer birds? This a result of climate change, isn't it?
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't ya know? Ducks in the Portland area have mutated into pterosaurs. They say it's something in the water...
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I read an article on this that said it was already treated water, and by "dumping" it they're running it back through the treatment plant again.
Also, they admit it isn't a health issue - it's a PR issue. People wouldn't like the idea of drinking it, so they're dumping it to avoid complaints.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by James Bond 007:

I heard Clifornia allread treats,filters and disinfect its water, then pumps it back up stream. eeeeyou! Toilet water!

Every municipal sewage treatment facility I know of returns relatively pure water to a nearby river or creek. The treated sewage effluent is often cleaner than the water upstream. Virtually every city or town in the country that withdraws water from a river or stream and purifies it for human consumption is, in part, recycling some upstream community's treated sewage effluent.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 04-25-2014).]

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Technically, by virtue of natural process, *all* water returns to it's source one way or another.

That's all this kid was doing, he just skipped a few steps.

[This message has been edited by Taijiguy (edited 04-25-2014).]

spark1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

I read an article on this that said it was already treated water, and by "dumping" it they're running it back through the treatment plant again.
Also, they admit it isn't a health issue - it's a PR issue. People wouldn't like the idea of drinking it, so they're dumping it to avoid complaints.

I think that is right. Still seems strange to treat the water before it goes into an open storage reservoir though. Once it's chlorinated it can't be released directly back into a stream. The water is unfiltered and not fluoridated. Portland is the largest city in the U.S. that does not fluoridate its water. Attempts to do so have been voted down four times.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock