Started on: 06-17-2011 12:49 PM
Replies: 36
Last post by: heybjorn on 06-17-2011 08:49 PM
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
Portland reservoir urination raises few health or scientific concerns -- but it is pee

For the administrator of the Portland Water Bureau, the decision Wednesday to drain 7.8 million gallons of drinking water from a Mount Tabor reservoir comes down to six words:

"Do you want to drink pee?" David Shaff asked.

"I think I'm going to have a Coke with my lunch today," said city Commissioner Randy Leonard, who oversees the Water Bureau.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
Better than a **** sandwich I suppose...
theBDub

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
It's pee.
It's not covered up. That means he isn't the only "thing" to ever pee there.
Drain the water right into a pool in my backyard. I'll use it so I don't have a water bill!
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post06-17-2011 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
One guy peeing into millions of gallons of water should be the least of their concerns.
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post
How many animals drink form it, die in it or go swimming and dump while they are in?
Wonder how much it would be worth per gallon if Lady Gaga took a leak in it?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Better than a **** sandwich I suppose...

exactly
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Stupid.

"Do you want to drink pee?" Stupid question.

You wouldn't be DRINKING pee.

Even if the guy peed 1 GALLON, 1 gallon diluted in 7.8 MILLION gallons?

At that point, it isn't pee anymore.

Ridiculous.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Soooo let me get this straight,
-take pee out of water-
-put poop in burger-

mmm logical!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
Soon they'll be teaching us how to use 3 sea shells to wipe.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Salty...
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Hate to see HIS water bill this month
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Hate to see HIS water bill this month

$36,000 dollars.

But hey, it's Portland. Where else can the homeless and heroin addicts go pee?
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-17-2011 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Every beach in Lake St. Clair closes at some time, every year. It is mainly due to bird poop. E-Coli, yum.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by partfiero:
How many animals drink form it, die in it or go swimming and dump while they are in?
Wonder how much it would be worth per gallon if Lady Gaga took a leak in it?

and even DIE in it.
there are DEAD ANIMALS in that same resevior.
but - its their water....if it makes them feel better....
isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
Years ago when I was a young'un we were at the beach and my aunt was standing in arm deep water and a big turd floated by and "left a nice brown streak" on her arm.. They didnt drain the ocean for that, so why should they drain this for just pee?

We sure moved to a different part of the beach quick after that!! lol

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by isthiswhereiputausername?:

Years ago when I was a young'un we were at the beach and my aunt was standing in arm deep water and a big turd floated by and "left a nice brown streak" on her arm.. They didnt drain the ocean for that, so why should they drain this for just pee?

We sure moved to a different part of the beach quick after that!! lol

Wow... what beach was that?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post

One up here on the east coast of Canada.. I was about 7 at the time.. I recall that day well LOL we were all out in the water and just then my aunt said something touched her arm.. she screamed when she turned and saw it! It was huge -definely did not fall from a kids diaper! LOL We hightailed it as fast as we could to the shore.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
I don't get what the issue is exactly. We have a lot of lakes that are reservoirs. In fact, I read Lake Fork was a reservoir too while I was in Texas. I've peed in all of them. It isn't like it goes straight from the lake to the house. Animals, dead things, fuel all of this is expelled into the water.

------------------
Fiddling knobs, touching keys, having fun with a full grown man.

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Is this one of those joke stories kind of like the ones they post on April 1st?
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Soon they'll be teaching us how to use 3 sea shells to wipe.

Pfshh.. You don't know how to use the 3 sea shells? HAHAHahahahaah...
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

It was at the local pool, they took care of it, though.

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Think about this the next time you go to the water park.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Stupid politicians.

Reminds me of this guy:

turbotoad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbotoadSend a Private Message to turbotoadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I went to one once...........only because I went with my sister and her family. I refused to go into the water even though it was 90 degrees out. I know there is chlorine that kills the bad stuff, but just the sheer number of people indicated that there must of been at least a few gallons of wizz per hour being pumped into the water! No thanks.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

When we go to a local indoor aquatics center here, I take the kids into the kiddie pool sometimes.. no wonder its a lot warmer.. 90% pee 10% water.. Any given time in the 15x25 pool would be about 20-30 toddlers and their parents.. we shower right afterwards before leaving lol
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Really dumb. I don't suppose this dude ever considered that every drop of water on this earth has at one time or another been pee. Even though it's vast, it is a closed loop system. What was once water eventually became pee and what was pee over the eons, eventually became water again.

------------------
Ron

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
It makes about as much sense as evacuating all the air from a high-rise building because somebody farted in the lobby.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
If the City of Houston had 1/10 of a cent for every person that peed into it's primary water source (Trinity River/Lake Livingson) they would have a huge budget surplus.

AND considering, that the same Trinity River is also the effluent repository for the City of Dallas' sewage system, and no sewage treatment system works great 100% of the time, it's common knowledge here in Texas, that Houstonians drink DFW's pee--------------------- every single day.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
What was once water eventually became pee and what was pee over the eons, eventually became water again.

Good to see that philosophy and wisdom course wasn't a waste of your time. Any thoughts on color?

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

Good to see that philosophy and wisdom course wasn't a waste of your time. Any thoughts on color?

Nope, only a question, what color is bald?

------------------
Ron

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post

what color is bald?

People always leave that part out. The question is: What is the sound of one hand clapping; what color is bald?

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

As I had reported Here five years ago, I had these in my drinking water and I survived. A little pee in the water reservoir is nothing!

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

People always leave that part out. The question is: What is the sound of one hand clapping; what color is bald?

One hand clapping makes the same sound you hear when you're almost slapped or a near miss. Pretty sure you know what that sounds like. OK, I answered your question, now answer mine.

Not making fun, I just want to know what I should expect.

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 06-17-2011).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-17-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
So NOW I understand why American beer tastes like pizz water !!!!
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
This discussion reminds me of this skit from SNL.
http://www.nbc.com/saturday...deo/mermaid/1325765/
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

$36,000 dollars.

But hey, it's Portland. Where else can the homeless and heroin addicts go pee?

Eugene?

We are in the suburbs and on a water system that is in the process of converting from Portland water to that from the Willamette River so we will soon enjoy drinking Eugene effluent. Portland is an odd place; water everywhere and some of the highest water rates in the country. Many wonder why.

They are very proud of the water purity which is gravity fed from snow melt off Mt. Hood. But it’s stored in open reservoirs in city parks accessible to the public. There is currently a big battle with the Feds about treating the water. The beer makers claim the chemicals used would ruin their brew.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post

Not making fun, I just want to know what I should expect.

Probably the same color as skin on the inside of your elbow. Doni Hagan's mileage may vary.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock