Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  God vs. Atheism: Which is more logical (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
God vs. Atheism: Which is more logical by avengador1
Started on: 04-07-2014 09:44 AM
Replies: 49 (657 views)
Last post by: Neils88 on 04-09-2014 08:28 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:
I like this one
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/index.htm

“There are books and websites available that list “all the errors in the Bible.” Most people simply get their ammunition from these places; they do not find supposed errors on their own. There are also books and websites available that refute every one of these supposed errors. The saddest thing is that most people who attack the Bible are not truly interested in an answer. Many “Bible attackers” are even aware of these answers, but they continue to use the same old shallow attacks again and again.”
http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-errors.html

If one would like to move forward, I recommend studying and refuting the answers.

"What is the Skeptic's Annotated Bible?"
http://www.gotquestions.org...annotated-Bible.html
IP: Logged
uhlanstan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post04-08-2014 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Religion brought us reasoning,this led to creative thinking
Jesus walk the earth at a time when events were recorded,
so the closed minded & ignorant would at least have knowledge
of the Messiah ..athiesm is so easy BLANK.. being a Christian is difficult.
the majority of spirituallist,jews,taoist,sikh,buddhist,hindu,shinto,confusianism,zoroastrianism & even the bottom feeder muslems recognize
Jesus ,, he is the light of the world
we are all free thinkers ??only the dead will know for certain ! is your heart pure !!
' liar'
I am a warrior ,I can not be easily forgiven ,but I love Jesus Christ, the son of God.
I beg, pleading for forgiveness to St Michael to intercede .I cry tears for forgiveness.

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 04-08-2014).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pray to Jesus or God the Father, and do it before death. God forgives anyone.
Mary, Angels, they arent for praying to.

Revelation 22:8-9
" I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me, 9 but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God."

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-08-2014).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
There are answers to your questions. Is the problem you dont want those answers?

Thanks for the excellent, well written answer. But this doesn't change my statement or view that don't respect any deity with the power to stop genocide, etc (yes...I understand your point of where do you draw the line, but disagree with it) who choses not to do anything. Real or not, I could never worship a god like that.
Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

...., but I dont believe that some giant guy just one day decided to make a universe either.

Did the Universe one day decide to be created? Even in the "opposing theory," there was no such thing as "time" or "space" (nor "matter") before the beginning.
Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Is "God" logical? Maybe. Maybe not.
It why it's called faith. I choose to have it.

And I don't care what anybody else believes or doesn't believe. It's not my job to change them.

Have at it. Have fun.

This may be the smartest response one could put in a religion debate. Personally I like how it isn't forceful and in your face but still conveys an improtant message. Thanks Raydar.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
/\/\/\
This.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18040 posts
Member since May 2004

Originally posted by Neils88:

Thanks for the excellent, well written answer. But this doesn't change my statement or view that don't respect any deity with the power to stop genocide, etc (yes...I understand your point of where do you draw the line, but disagree with it) who choses not to do anything. Real or not, I could never worship a god like that.

And so you exercise the second-most important gift given to mankind by God; the freedom of choice.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 04-09-2014).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick's Dad:

Did the Universe one day decide to be created? Even in the "opposing theory," there was no such thing as "time" or "space" (nor "matter") before the beginning.

I think it was just a random natural event (big bang). Whatever anyone wants to believe in is up to them. I dont really care one way or another. I dont care if your atheist or catholic.

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

And so you exercise the second-most important gift given to mankind by God; the freedom of choice.

Since there is no god, it's actually an easy choice. Can't worship what doesn't exist.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock