Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Build A Motherboard, Processor, & Memory That Loves Each Other For $500... (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Build A Motherboard, Processor, & Memory That Loves Each Other For $500... by Boondawg
Started on: 03-22-2014 09:19 PM
Replies: 60 (709 views)
Last post by: Boondawg on 03-27-2014 07:13 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post03-22-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's the best bang-for-the-above-buck?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero_Fan_88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

What's the best bang-for-the-above-buck?

What do you plan on doing?
What are your minimum requirements for the mobo?
Particular to any brand?
What OS? (Asking for memory requirements)
Intend to Over clock?

First question being the big one as that will decide the most...
Are you using an next gen AMD video card? (Only asking because Mantle just dropped)

[This message has been edited by Fiero_Fan_88 (edited 03-22-2014).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit. Forgot about those old GTX 2XX's...

[This message has been edited by Fiero_Fan_88 (edited 03-22-2014).]

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I assume you're wanting to keep your SLI Gfx cards and your PCI x1 sound card? If that's the case, the MOBO Fiero_Fan linked to isn't big enough. I'd probably drop to an K-series Haswell i5 and step up the system board. If you're getting the GTX 570's from across the pond, system memory will be less of an issue, so 8 should be enough, but I would probably recommend upping to 16GB.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-22-2014 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

I assume you're wanting to keep your SLI Gfx cards and your PCI x1 sound card?

Exactly!
Someone's been paying attention!
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I assume you're wanting to keep your SLI Gfx cards and your PCI x1 sound card? If that's the case, the MOBO Fiero_Fan linked to isn't big enough. I'd probably drop to an K-series Haswell i5 and step up the system board. If you're getting the GTX 570's from across the pond, system memory will be less of an issue, so 8 should be enough, but I would probably recommend upping to 16GB.

Good call, I forgot he had an SLI config.
Here is my changed list.

G. Skill Sniper Series 8gb
Asus Z87
i5-4670K

Any reason your recommended anything larger than 8GB for RAM? The only reason I see any one needing more than 8GB is for heavy video editing and rendering which I don't think boondawg does.
cmechmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the last 12 years had very few issues with Gigabyte and Asus boards. But I have been an AMD fan for a while.

[This message has been edited by cmechmann (edited 03-22-2014).]

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Fan_88:

Good call, I forgot he had an SLI config.
Here is my changed list.

G. Skill Sniper Series 8gb
Asus Z87
i5-4670K

I looked at that system board, but looking at the PCIe slot layout, I'm not sure how well it would work. The 2 PCIe 3.0 slots are on the bottom and the PCIe 2.0 slot is on the top. vWith the money saved (almost $100) dropping from an i7 to an i5, you'd be remiss not to look at a MOBO at a similar price differential. This ASRock Z87 is massive overkill on the audio AND network side of things, but I like the PCIe slot layout better. YMMV.

Any reason your recommended anything larger than 8GB for RAM? The only reason I see any one needing more than 8GB is for heavy video editing and rendering which I don't think boondawg does.

No specific reason, I just always like to have a little more RAM than I think I'll really need.

Edit:

Using the aforementioned i5, and 8GB G.Skill RAM, but using the ASRock Z87 MOBO, the total comes to around $515+shipping.

[This message has been edited by Rallaster (edited 03-22-2014).]

Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This ASRock Z87 is massive overkill on the audio AND network side of things, but I like the PCIe slot layout better. YMMV.

MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming

Top-quality audio solution with AUDIO BOOST and Sound Blaster Cinema
The highest frag and the lowest lag with Killer E2200
Boosting performance thanks to OC Genie 4
Optimized for multiple graphics cards
Military Class 4 components
Gaming device port
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try looking into an Intel NUC. Or New Unit of Computing. It is a self contained small unit and they are fairly inexpensive. I have one with a Celeron processor, 4 gig of memory, built in video card and sound card, 320 gig hard drive, WIFI, Bluetooth & Infrared. All for under $300.00. There are other ones with higher levels of processor up to an I-7 and they are still pretty inexpensive. They are all built on the basis of using the same type of architecture as a laptop so that they don't use a lot of power nor do they heat up. Some even don't have fans.

[This message has been edited by MadMark (edited 03-22-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming

Top-quality audio solution with AUDIO BOOST and Sound Blaster Cinema
The highest frag and the lowest lag with Killer E2200
Boosting performance thanks to OC Genie 4
Optimized for multiple graphics cards
Military Class 4 components
Gaming device port

I can get behind that one. Also, Amazon has it for $144 on Prime. $20 cheaper than Newegg.
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can get behind that one. Also, Amazon has it for $144 on Prime. $20 cheaper than Newegg.

Perfect, that leaves $30 for Boon to split between the two of us for a finders fee.

As for the previously mentioned NUC... Onboard graphics, intel onboard graphics at that...
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-22-2014 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So we don't like the ASUS SABERTOOTH boards?
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A. Budget
B. MSI will offer an easier OC

To be honest I'm not even that into ASUS, the last Z87 Pro I received when building a computer for a freind the driver disc was blank, the USB wouldn't read the drivers due to lack of drivers, and the board was RMA'd about 2 weeks ago.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2014 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A. Budget
B. MSI will offer an easier OC

To be honest I'm not even that into ASUS, the last Z87 Pro I received when building a computer for a freind the driver disc was blank, the USB wouldn't read the drivers due to lack of drivers, and the board was RMA'd about 2 weeks ago.

ASUS has always been very solid & dependable for me.
But times (and products) do change.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The only Intel Socket 1150(4th Gen [Haswell Architecture]) Sabertooth Systemboard has a retail price of over $200. :shrug:

Intel Haswell i5-4670K - $239
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87 - $229
8GB G.SKILL - $85

Total - $553 + Shipping

MSI Z87-GD65 - $144
8GB G.SKILL - $85

Total - $468 + Shipping

Personally, the only advantage the Sabertooth has over the MSI GD65 is the additional cooling. If you have adequate ventilation in your case, the additional cooling is moot. As far as looks go, it's a toss up to me, and that's a personal preference thing.

To me, the extra $90 for the Sabertooth isn't really worth it.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2014 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The only Intel Socket 1150(4th Gen [Haswell Architecture]) Sabertooth Systemboard has a retail price of over $200. :shrug:

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87 - $229
8GB G.SKILL - $85

Total - $553 + Shipping

MSI Z87-GD65 - $144
8GB G.SKILL - $85

Total - $468 + Shipping

Personally, the only advantage the Sabertooth has over the MSI GD65 is the additional cooling. If you have adequate ventilation in your case, the additional cooling is moot. As far as looks go, it's a toss up to me, and that's a personal preference thing.

Yeah, I guess I can see that.
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ASUS has always been very solid & dependable for me.
But times (and products) do change.

Just part of the game. I've had really good luck with MSI and ASRock.

The Sabertooth in an 1150 socket is $227. You could go with an AMD FX 8320 to make the $500 budget with a Sabertooth board. Reason I pick the 8320 over the 8350 is because its the same CPU, lower clock, which doesn't matter if your going to overclock really.
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero_Fan_88

2660 posts
Member since Jan 2007

Multiple complaints about fan noise on the Sabertooth
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, I guess I can see that.

The $144 price for the MSI board is on Amazon. On Newegg it's $168. So if you're bent on getting everything from Newegg, the price differential between the MSI and Sabertooth is about cut in half. Just wanting to make sure you have as much information as possible to make a fully informed decision.
PFF
System Bot
aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boonie,

If you aren't looking at putting this on a credit card, look at the Microcenter deals and I can pick it up and ship it to you with the bottles of mead I'm sending. Even with paying sales tax, Microcenter is cheaper on all the cpus listed in this thread and the motherboard combos can work out to a pretty good deal.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2014 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aceman:

Boonie,

If you aren't looking at putting this on a credit card, look at the Microcenter deals and I can pick it up and ship it to you with the bottles of mead I'm sending. Even with paying sales tax, Microcenter is cheaper on all the cpus listed in this thread and the motherboard combos can work out to a pretty good deal.

Yeah, not quite sure yet.....could be cash, could be credit.
I'll know more next week.

I'll go check Microcenter right now.
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Microcenter may ship the combos. I usually here people complain that when Microcenter puts on a lot of their deals it's for in-store only.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Multiple complaints about fan noise on the Sabertooth

I have one and I don't find it particularly noisy, and I built my PC specifically to be quiet.
The mobo fans will get quite noisy at high speed, but if you install the included monitoring and control software, they rarely run fast enough to be heard. If you have a water cooled rig setup for silent running, this probably isn't the board for you. Otherwise, I don't think the fan noise is enough to be a deciding factor.

For comparison, my Radeon 6950 fan is far louder than anything else in my PC, and I keep it throttled so it's not too loud except when gaming, and then the sound from the game typically drowns it out.

I'm also running a Noctua NH-D14 CPU heatsink/fan. Massive in size, and very nearly silent.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2014 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doing some looking around, there are few boards nowadays that run both PCI-e videocards at x16 x16?
I see all kinds of x16 x8...

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 03-23-2014).]

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe on stupid high-end boards. Current cards are just now started touching the max speed of PCIe 2.0 and IIRC, PCIe 3.0 is on the order of 2-3 times faster than PCIe 2.0. The cards you have and the cards you're looking at are PCIe 2.0/.1 cards. Even at PCIe 3.0 at x8/x8, there's more bandwidth available than you're going to use with 2 2.0 cards.

[This message has been edited by Rallaster (edited 03-23-2014).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2014 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe on stupid high-end boards. Current cards are just now started touching the max speed of PCIe 2.0 and IIRC, PCIe 3.0 is on the order of 2-3 times faster than PCIe 2.0. The cards you have and the cards you're looking at are PCIe 2.0/.1 cards. Even at PCIe 3.0 at x8/x8, there's more bandwidth available than you're going to use with 2 2.0 cards.

My head hurts....
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My head hurts....

Linus Knows all, if you don't already, tune into the WAN Show every friday.
https://www.youtube.com/res...he%20wan%20show&sm=3
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My humble suggestions:

CPU: Intel i5 4670K, $240 @ Newegg -- The "K" on the end means multiplier unlocked, i.e. overclocking yumminess. This is the Tom's Hardware pick for best mid-range gaming CPU.

MOBO: Asus Z87-A, $140 @ Newegg -- This is the least expensive Asus Z87 series motherboard, but should cover all the bases. It also has lots of nifty features. You can install your sound card in the top PCIe x1 slot, and not worry about interfering with the video cards.

RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz , $65 @ Newegg

TOTAL PRICE -- $445 + shipping

I quoted Newegg prices simply for convenience. If you shop around, you might be able to save a few bucks.

That said, I'm not very familiar with your sound card. You may want to check which chipsets it'll play nicey-nice with before choosing a motherboard.

Best of luck!
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

My humble suggestions:

CPU: Intel i5 4670K, $240 @ Newegg -- The "K" on the end means multiplier unlocked, i.e. overclocking yumminess. This is the Tom's Hardware pick for best mid-range gaming CPU.

MOBO: Asus Z87-A, $140 @ Newegg -- This is the least expensive Asus Z87 series motherboard, but should cover all the bases. It also has lots of nifty features. You can install your sound card in the top PCIe x1 slot, and not worry about interfering with the video cards.

RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz , $65 @ Newegg

TOTAL PRICE -- $445 + shipping

I quoted Newegg prices simply for convenience. If you shop around, you might be able to save a few bucks.

That said, I'm not very familiar with your sound card. You may want to check which chipsets it'll play nicey-nice with before choosing a motherboard.

Best of luck!

That Systemboard was discussed earlier. The PCI slot layout would make working with his SLI and audiocard installation mildly annoying.
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster: That Systemboard was discussed earlier. The PCI slot layout would make working with his SLI and audiocard installation mildly annoying.

Why is that? The bottom PCIe slot is the one that runs at x2 speed. The top two x16 slots are used for the video cards. With two dual-slot video cards installed, he will have both PCIe x1 slots available, plus the bottom x16 slot (which runs at x2). Since Boonie's sound card is PCIe x1, it'll fit in any of the three (although I'd suggest the top one). If Boonie has "legacy PCI" expansion cards to install, then it'll be an issue, as the video cards will block both of them. But if not, then no worries.

Some reading material:

Bit-Tech Review

Hardware Secrets Review

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 03-23-2014).]

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As far as what will play nicely together, I don't really have any preference. What I can attest to is that Gigabyte has the best tech support/warranty repair service I've ever experienced. The experiences I've had with them lately, I will probably never buy anything else.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2014 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

If Boonie has "legacy PCI" expansion cards to install, then it'll be an issue, as the video cards will block both of them.

I do not.
For me, standard PCI is as dead as........3.5 disk drives.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2014 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

MSI Z87-GD65

I'm actually liking the layout and the reviews on this motherboard.
No unneeded old-school pci slots, a fool-proof overclocking utility, very good price.
But is MSI dependable quality?

MSI Z87-GD65:

Lots of really cool features!:
http://us.msi.com/product/m...GAMING.html#overview

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you looking at an i5 or an i7, Boonie?
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But is MSI dependable quality?

MSI is pretty good. I've got a system I built around an Ivy Bridge i5 that's running an MSI with MilSpec guts and it's running like a DREAM. SATAIII (6Gb/s) 128GB SSD with MSI quickboot and the system goes from power off to surfing the internet in under 15 seconds.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2014 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aceman:

Are you looking at an i5 or an i7, Boonie?

The Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz is $239.00.

The Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz is $339.00.

I know you can overclock the i5-4670K pretty far, but I hear the i7-4770K is a monster over-clocker.
But is it worth the extra $100?
I'm thinking not.

The i5-4670K seems to be the winner.

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz is $239.00.

The Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz is $339.00.

I know you can overclock the i5-4670K pretty far, but I hear the i7-4770K is a monster over-clocker.
I'm thinking not.

The i5-4670K seems to be the winner.

Something to remember, the i5 is straight quad-core while the i7 is quad-core with Hyperthreading. Just to make your decision making that much harder...
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm thinking not.

Starting with MSI, I've run MSI from MOBO's, Graphics Cards, to Laptops. The only component I've ever had fail on me was a laptop which died due to heat 2 years after purchase. I beat that thing hard constantly dropping it and gaming in bed blocking off all the ventilation on a blanket. Thing was a monster. Solder joints failed.

As far as the i7 goes in overclocking... It all depends on your batch.

[This message has been edited by Fiero_Fan_88 (edited 03-23-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock