Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Announcements
  Design the top graphics and win a Fiero Can Cooler! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Design the top graphics and win a Fiero Can Cooler! by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 06-02-2003 02:36 PM
Replies: 81 (167 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 10-18-2003 03:33 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2003 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, not much of a prize really, but I need a new graphics for the top of the forum pages. I could do it myself again, but apparantly there are far more better graphics artists here than I will ever be.

I'm talking about the graphics band at the top of the page with the PFF logo and the various Fiero graphics. The graphics should be at least 1200 pixels wide and a height of between 65 and 100 pixels. You are totally free in your design, as long as the PFF logo is visible.

You can upload the graphics to my server or any other place you like, and post the link in this thread. Please do not post the graphics itself in this thread to prevent unnecessary horizontal scrolling. You can however post a smaller version for previewing (max 600 pixels wide). You can put your name or username in the graphics somewhere, something like "graphics by myusername" (please, not too big ) preferably in the lower left corner so it's visible even on lower resolution screens.

Like I said, the winner will receive a very cool Fiero Can Cooler! Heck, I'll even throw in a second one!

So c'mon, let the games begin!

If you need the logo, here it is with a black background and a white background.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2003 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kameo Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2003 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff you have a PM..

------------------

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2003 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well here is one option.
Set some preferred guidlines Cliff. It will make it easier
This one is only 60 pixels high though and more an adaptation of the existing header and the current site colours.

Click Here

------------------

White 86 GT 4 Speed Manual - Black 86 GT Auto
The Fiero Shop International - Jade Web Design
If you appreciate my contribution please give me a rating

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2003 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

Well here is one option.

And a pretty cool one at that.

Set some preferred guidlines Cliff. It will make it easier

I'll leave that completely up to you. Like I said, I've really only got 3 requests: that the PFF logo is there, that it's at least 1200 pixels wide, and that its height (without the flags, since those are seperate) is somewhere between 60 and 120 pixels.

fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2003 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Clif could set something up so we could all vote on them.????
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2003 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff where and how does one get into the gallery of pictures you set up outside of PFF, was it in yahoo??
Reality

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2003 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Until I figure something further out here is what I have done.

Actually Click Here!

------------------

Get the Wallpapers here!

[This message has been edited by Reality (edited 06-03-2003).]

Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2003 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I vote for Reality's(so far)
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2003 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is going to take some time, nothing to rush into...
Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2003 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kameo Kid:

This is going to take some time, nothing to rush into...

Who's rushing I spent probably a good five or so hours messing with that thing!

PFF
System Bot
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2003 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Reality:

the rush was pertaining to me not anyone else, but i'll come up with something to add to the mix.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2003 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put about an hour into the animated gif but hated it. The next one took les time but is just to fill out the page.

the rush was pertaining to me not anyone else, but i'll come up with something to add to the mix.

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2003 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spent a good 45 minutes on version one. Most of that time was breaking the PFF logo down ito its base components.
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2003 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

I spent a good 45 minutes on version one. Most of that time was breaking the PFF logo down ito its base components.

that isn't the hard part, I took it apart in 5 min. it's just getting everything else to fall into place... then putting in in a different place then, move this and that and you get the idea..

my banners are labor intense, 4-7hrs on the first ones but the more I learn and practice the faster I get. but i'm always trying to learn more and put it into play.. I like to experiment and that is what takes time..

[This message has been edited by Kameo Kid (edited 06-04-2003).]

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2003 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kameo Kid

2343 posts
Member since Jul 2002

Now for a lil trash-talk'n Anthony, I know your better than that.. the banner you did, didn't even begin to use your best.. One of the best looking banners for PPF would be of YOUR cars much like your sample sig I did for you. not pictures or snap shots of real ones.

I could play with the PFF Logo to make it look like it belonged there.. but what it would take for a "Kameo-Reality" is your permission & blessings..I won't do it any other way.. I could do my thing with pictures of real cars but it would not compare to what i could do with yours.. let me know

[This message has been edited by Kameo Kid (edited 06-04-2003).]

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2003 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now for a lil trash-talk'n Anthony,

K,
You know all you have to do is drop me a line and I will provide the images, then you can provide the punch-lines! Let me know what you have in mind and what files you need and I will shoot them your way

PS: Did you get the zip I sent?

[This message has been edited by Reality (edited 06-05-2003).]

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2003 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

K,
You know all you have to do is drop me a line and I will provide the images, then you can provide the punch-lines! Let me know what you have in mind and what files you need and I will shoot them your way

PS: Did you get the zip I sent?

[I'm starting to like these lil blue lines...(edited 06-05-2003).]

ah let's see hummmmm..... how about all of them.. I'll call ya 6/5 in the pm

the file you send was a pic of the font, do you have a link where i can install it from??

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2003 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll get all the cars and the special project and your wallpaper burned ASAP and get them out to you.
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2003 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll get all the cars and the special project and your wallpaper burned ASAP and get them out to you.

Cliffy!!!, you gonna LOVE this !!

jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My vote will be for the one with a box of tools or the "check wallet light" in it.

edit, It has to load fast (dial-up) and no java (lock-up ie holiday snow flakes).

------------------
jetman "aka" Dangerkitty To The Rescue

[This message has been edited by jetman (edited 06-08-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2003 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetman:

My vote will be for the one with a box of tools or the "check wallet light" in it.

edit, It has to load fast (dial-up) and no java (lock-up ie holiday snow flakes).

i'm still waiting on some stuff from Reality but Cliff can tweak it how ever he needs to..

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2003 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well everyone has been patient..but it ain't ready yet..so here's a little preview of what i'm working on..

have to tweak it some more but had to get it up to the task at hand, it was just to plain for my tastes

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2003 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kameo Kid

2343 posts
Member since Jul 2002
and then for are faverite lil horse Pegasus, things got a lil hot..

still waiting on some stuff from Reality but I'm trying some ideas... any of your own please add to it..

InsaneIntensity

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 95
User Banned

Report this Post06-10-2003 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InsaneIntensitySend a Private Message to InsaneIntensityEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THIS BATTLE REALLY SEEMS LIKE ITS STARTING HEAT UP! WHO WILL WIN THIS CONTEST FOR THE CAN COOLER OR AS CLIFF SAID "HECK EVEN TWO". SO I WONDER WHO WILL WIN???

(CROWDED YELLS "KAMEO KID")

I DONT KNOW EITHER....

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2003 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How's it goin'???

------------------

"The PRE10DR"

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post06-13-2003 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The anticipation is killing me!
Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2003 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that I'm the best graphic arteeeeeeeeeeeeeeest on this forum. All those other ones were really bad. Mine is so cool, Cliff should just send me the whole box of coolers.

(It's the one on the top. Disregard all the other rigarmarole)
http://www28.brinkster.com/idiotstardom/grandblancfieros.htm

Huh? Don't you think that's the best one? It even has the Stinger and EVERYTHING.

(Man, I hope they get the real one done soon...this is killing me!)

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-13-2003 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradbitz11:

(It's the one on the top. Disregard all the other rigarmarole)
http://www28.brinkster.com/idiotstardom/grandblancfieros.htm

OMG! I laughed!

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 06-13-2003).]

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2003 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

OMG! I laughed!

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 06-13-2003).]

me too that's a keeper..

well to give you an update... for I'm sorry for this taking so long but I've been planning and doing some lay-out work while waiting on some stuff from Reality.. well I got the files from him and i'm working on it now.. should have something for you all to take a look at early next week..

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2003 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2003 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok i've got two ways to go and would like your input on what you'd like to see..
(remember these are VERY ROUGH drafts)

the first is a bunch of stuff i've pulled from PFF and it's like this

and the second is a REALITY version of members cars..
(still a very rough draft) but you get the idea.

both of these aren't even close to done but I was kinda torn as to which way to go so I'll let your comments help me to deceide.. since there is a lot of time going into the finished product.. So here's where your comments count for me anyway.. comments on which you like better and there will be other stuff added to each to bring them upto PFF Quality (very lil dead space will be left)

Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2003 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that a mixture of the two would look good...perhaps real pictures on one side, fading into the artwork? In the middle, perhaps, you could have a few cars-one half a picture, the other half a drawing? Kinda a take on (forgot their username)'s sig where it's a pic of his Fiero, except the front fascia and part of the hood is a drawing (It says "Escape from Reality-Drive a Fiero).

------------------

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2003 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
K,
IMHO I think you should take the BG I originally developed and combine the artwork and some pictures of actual cars.
Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2003 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who designed the current header, anyways?
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2003 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradbitz11:

Who designed the current header, anyways?

i believe that it was Cliff that did it..

Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2003 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to say yall do some good work. LOL at farp. That was funny to me.

Originally posted by jetman:

I do understand that^
Seems when everythings right on them a pretty face always shows up too!
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-17-2003 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1 word

SWEET!!!

Keep it up

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 06-17-2003).]

warden

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2003 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wardenClick Here to visit warden's HomePageSend a Private Message to wardenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im sorry Cliff but your opening page blows... it really does.. its very cheaply done.. put the original one back or if not ill make one for you if u ask nicelly as for the top ill see what i can come up with when im bored in class tommorow

used lightwave right?

------------------

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2003 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just playing

Once again Cliff has inspired me. I mostly made it to add to my banner, but it didn’t turn out as good as I wanted. The lines all but disappear when I shrink the image. Just sharing.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 06-18-2003).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock