Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Announcements
  Design the top graphics and win a Fiero Can Cooler! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Design the top graphics and win a Fiero Can Cooler! by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 06-02-2003 02:36 PM
Replies: 81 (167 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 10-18-2003 03:33 AM
warden

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2003 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wardenClick Here to visit warden's HomePageSend a Private Message to wardenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that looks a lil better.. there should be more of a gradual change though..

just my .02

IP: Logged
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
<FLAMEMODE>

Originally posted by warden:

Im sorry Cliff but your opening page blows... it really does.. its very cheaply done..

Of course it's cheaply done. In fact, it didn't cost me anything.

put the original one back or if not ill make one for you if u ask nicelly

How about I don't put the original back on, and I don't ask you to make one at all?

as for the top ill see what i can come up with when im bored in class tommorow

Ah, that explains a few things (not paying attention in class).

used lightwave right?

Of course it uses lightwaves. If it wasn't using lightwaves you wouldn't be able to see it, now would you? One of those things you would have learned had you been paying attention in class.

</FLAMEMODE>

Sorry, couldn't resist.

kyote

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyoteClick Here to visit kyote's HomePageSend a Private Message to kyoteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Cliff,
Saved me the time typing all the appropriate responses....Bravo!!..

------------------

'85 SE - '86 Fastback SE - '99 Chevy K-1500 Z-71 - '00 HD 1200XL Sportster

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2003 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Im sorry Cliff but your opening page blows... it really does.. its very cheaply done..

I'm sorry warden but your opinion blows... it really does... you are a cheap excuse for an opinionated idiot.. Maybe while you are at school you could gouge your eyes out and bash your head on the desk repeatedly until your behavior is modified permently. Kindly keep your crappy opinions to yourself and shove your graphics idea back in that empty skull if it will fit.
Arrogant punk.

Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

used lightwave right?

Heal!!!! Somebody help me with exorcism I believe he's on a used brainwave!

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think he is just trying to get his bar to show up.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honestly, I was just kidding around. I couldn't care less if somebody doesn't like the graphics. You can't satisfy everyone all the time.

Hmmm, for some reason that last sentence doesn't sound right.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2003 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know you are quite capable of handeling the situation Cliff but I just think there are better ways of expressing ones self than that.

warden you were about as subtle as a brick, perhaps you shoud be a bit more tacfull in the future.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about a banner for each section?

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 06-18-2003).]

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

well here's what i'm adding to the mix..

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2003 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kameo Kid:

well here's what i'm adding to the mix..

Wow Kamero, I am very impressed with your tallent. You should go places.

Any chance we could get maybe 1 coupe in the banner for us little guys?

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 06-19-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
Pilrulz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PilrulzSend a Private Message to PilrulzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

Any chance we could get maybe 1 coupe in the banner for us little guys?

uh, is it just me, or are there 5 coupes in that banner?

pil

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pilrulz:

pil

yeah 5 is right

Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pilrulz:

pil

I took him to mean maybe an 84 shark nose.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Butter (edited 06-19-2003).]

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Butter:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pilrulz:

pil

I took him to mean maybe an 84 shark nose.

[/QUOTE]
there's one in there behind the 90

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2003 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry guys, I think I need to clarify a bit. What I see are mostly modded cars on the banner, I was thinking a rear 3/4 view of a stock notch with a luggage rack or possibly an Indy. But then again Indys have that GT appearence, still itd be nice to see one

warden

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2003 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wardenClick Here to visit warden's HomePageSend a Private Message to wardenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
last time i checked there was more then one 3d modeling program.. just from what ive seen done it looked like he used lightwave thats all.. he could have used maya.

secondly i think its my decision if id like to fall asleep in class and since i have a 3.45gpa i dont see a problem with me puttin my head down while the professor explains for the 11th time how to bevel.

3rd i have a right to my opinion and it will be expressed as i feel. if you took it insulting it wasnt meant to be.

instead of being blunt would you rather me elaborate?

overall concept is great. like the wire frame effect.. i think the model itself should have had more time spent on it.. more detail.. more rendering. then i would have exported the model into the layout part of lightwave and got the correct lighting to make it look as realistic as possible.. export that as a jpg.. then i would have exported the wireframe as a jpg.. i would have gone into photoshop then and layed the wire frame over the model.. i would have used a gradient mask to make the wireframe gradaully form the model instead of a split transaction like the one that was used on the opening page.

Text seemed very thrown together and doesnt fit the theme of the overall picture.. maybe a the text should have had the same effect as the car.. from wire frame to full image.. but backwards.

just my .02

and for the banner.. i would make a flash file.. but im sure people would complain that its to big of a file even though it would only be maybe 30k..

------------------

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2003 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry guys, I think I need to clarify a bit. What I see are mostly modded cars on the banner, I was thinking a rear 3/4 view of a stock notch with a luggage rack or possibly an Indy. But then again Indys have that GT appearence, still itd be nice to see one

I'm going to tweak this thing a little more and I wanted to put a STOCK 84 in there, along with an indy, a GT fast back and the 90 but i'm having a hard time finding a really good shot of an 84 Red STOCK Fiero, i'm still looking but this one is the one that will most likely make the cut..

I've never owned an 84 Stock Notchie and doubt that I ever will but have much respect for those that do, so much so that I offered to pay for a STOCK BEST OF SHOW at the 20th just to get them to have one, because last year at the Auburn show there was this older fellow named "Ot" and had the cleanest most perfect 84 you ever wanted to see and his comment was "I'll never win best of show, because i'm stock, that always goes to the modified class" and he was right.. so there will be an 84 stock coupe in the tweaked version (more in the open or forground) along with some other changes....

To add to the colorfulness of the forum I chose to use the art of "Reality" and if you look at most his work it is of modified Fieros. Now Reality has allowed me to use his files to choose from and there is some stuff there that i've never seen and may use in the tweaked version and there is some stock stuff that will be in there so hang on you stockers the best is yet to come...

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2003 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Kamero

Go to fierostore.com then click on FieroTrader then 84. There are some decent pics that may be of some use to you.

I like the elaboration better warden... thanks

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 06-20-2003).]

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2003 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a larger version of my other one Cliff without the flags.
http://www.jadeweb.com.au/pennocks/index1.html

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2003 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh that link that Brad posted was rich. I haven't laughed that hard all day.
PFF
System Bot
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2003 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Kamero

Go to fierostore.com then click on FieroTrader then 84. There are some decent pics that may be of some use to you.

I like the elaboration better warden... thanks

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 06-20-2003).]

hey Bill if you don't get my name right i'm going to blame the fact the the tweaked version doesn't have an 84 in it on you!!

Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2003 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still vote for Reality's. The simple look would be a whole lot easier to look at for hours at a time( no one pops on PFF for 5 minutes

------------------
Trevor Hughes

www.FieroGroupBuy.tk
Group Buys on all the best products!

Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2003 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, but the new opening page image wants to make me puke. Maybe it's just the color, but the "Fake-ness" makes the car ugly IMO...Just my .02!

Thanks to all those who enjoy my submission. I know that all of you can appreciate the time I put into it. I think it'd look great atop this beautiful site (on April Fools Day!).

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2003 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm entering myself in the competition.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-21-2003 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hey Bill if you don't get my name right i'm going to blame the fact the the tweaked version doesn't have an 84 in it on you!!

Sorry Kameio Kod

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2003 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I'm entering myself in the competition.

i like it..

Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2003 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, that looks really good. It is simple and elegant. And there would be no mistaking that this is a car forum.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2003 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like this one a lot.

Archie

jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2003 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This one is great. I would like to see a tach at 3600rpm on it.
Dont put on the stinking "check wallet light", it hits too close to home for me, but maybe I will ask for a sig with it on mine someday.
Alot of talent here.
Like I said, it has to load fast for dial ups.

------------------
jetman "aka" Dangerkitty To The Rescue

rynelson85

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2003 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya, put my vote in for this too.

Originally posted by jetman:

This one is great. I would like to see a tach at 3600rpm on it.
Dont put on the stinking "check wallet light", it hits too close to home for me, but maybe I will ask for a sig with it on mine someday.
Alot of talent here.
Like I said, it has to load fast for dial ups.

PFF
System Bot
Steve Normington

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2003 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetman:

My vote will be for the one with a box of tools or the "check wallet light" in it.

Like this?

------------------

Reality

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2003 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I originally said I would come back and do another so I combined Cliff's idea with my design and came up with this:
Manic Mechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Manic MechanicSend a Private Message to Manic MechanicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right now my vote goes to either Cliff or Reality. The problem I have with Kameo's comes from the size of the purple car compaired to the 2 fieros behind it, the think looks huge. It stands out and draws my eye directly to it everytime I glance at it.
donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post08-06-2003 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What program are you using to make these? i DL'd photoshop last night... woah... steep learning curve dude... lol

------------------
Email: adriantalliss@email.com
1984 Indy Fiero 4spd 3.4L
-Est 220hp @ 5000rpm / 230 tq @4500rpm, centerforce II clutch, 390cfm 4bbl holley, crane h272 cam, Edelbrock Torker II intake, 9 to 1 comp, minor head porting,headers, true 2" mandrel dual Supertrapp exhaust, factory 4.10 4 spd, 17x7 white Konig Ziege FR 205/40R17 RR 235/45R17. All interior leather changed to white, custom built adj aluminum rear wing, aftermarket gauges, corvette MBC upgrade, Held coilover kit, 2 inch drop front and back.

ImmortalFirefly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2003 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImmortalFireflyClick Here to visit ImmortalFirefly's HomePageSend a Private Message to ImmortalFireflyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd enter myself in...but I can't get Photoshop.....I might get elements though. BTW great lookin designs guys. And Cliff, not too shabby ma man.

ImmortalFirefly

------------------
Practice makes perfect, but since nobodies perfect why practice?

Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2003 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SWEET!

------------------

86 GT -- All Options except Performance Sound

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2003 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks great!! any wagers on how many threads there will be about the change? i say at least 4
derangedsheep

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2003 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks way cool
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2003 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock