88 Rear Calipers by GraterFang
Started on: 07-25-2023 05:25 PM
Replies: 18 (679 views)
Last post by: Vintage-Nut on 01-03-2024 09:34 AM
GraterFang

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2023 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for 88 rear calipers that are in rebuildable condition or functional. Willing to buy fronts as well if part of a set, but just need the rears. Also willing to just buy passenger side rear if only one available.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2023 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think larry hubbert on here had some used ones, most folks send them out to get rebuilt. Good luck

shem
Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2023 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. Thanks.
ceverhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2023 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ceverhartSend a Private Message to ceverhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just bought some parts from Larry, very well packed and parts better than described. Excellent communication throughout the transaction.... Figured I would share that since scammers run rampant these days.
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2023 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies and for looking out everybody. I'm familiar with Larry and happy to purchase from him if he's got some available. PM sent.
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2023 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't know why, but Larry ghosted me after messaging me without explanation so I guess he's not offering anymore. Second time he's done this so I'm giving up on him and still looking at this time.

[This message has been edited by GraterFang (edited 08-14-2023).]

GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2023 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looking. Willing to buy just the passenger rear or whatever set it comes with. Thanks!
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2023 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check with Cambro Products Inc.
https://www.cambroproducts.com/contact/contact.htm

PONTIAC Fiero 1988 Rear
UNLOADED - Right 4359 and Left 4360
SEMI-LOADED - Right 4359-H and Left 4360-H

https://www.cambroproducts....CAMBRO%20Catalog.pdf
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2023 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you! I'll give them a try!
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2023 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vintage-Nut:

Check with Cambro Products Inc.
https://www.cambroproducts.com/contact/contact.htm

PONTIAC Fiero 1988 Rear
UNLOADED - Right 4359 and Left 4360
SEMI-LOADED - Right 4359-H and Left 4360-H

https://www.cambroproducts....CAMBRO%20Catalog.pdf

This was a great resource suggestion, as I was told that Cambro bought up all of the extra calipers for the Fiero. Unfortunately, though, what's I've been told is that all of the extra stock has been depleted. You can still have your core rebuilt by Cambro if you go through one of their authorized dealers (but not directly). Mike with calipersonline.com can help with this, but also does not have any extra cores for sale.

Anyhow, I'm still hoping to find a set of cores but for now will at least see if mine is rebuildable even though it's in pretty bad shape right now. Thanks for the suggestion and + to you sir.
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2023 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looking for a set of rear calipers
PFF
System Bot
reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GraterFang:

Don't know why, but Larry ghosted me after messaging me without explanation so I guess he's not offering anymore. Second time he's done this so I'm giving up on him and still looking at this time.

It wasnt you. The only person I've ever seen that claimed to actually have done a transaction with this guy, is Everhart above. He seems to get off on showing pictures and getting someone to show interest with no intention of ever making a sale. Seen it at least 50 times.

If I may ask is your caliper physically missing or what makes you think it's not rebuildable?
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2023 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reinhart:

It wasnt you. The only person I've ever seen that claimed to actually have done a transaction with this guy, is Everhart above. He seems to get off on showing pictures and getting someone to show interest with no intention of ever making a sale. Seen it at least 50 times.

If I may ask is your caliper physically missing or what makes you think it's not rebuildable?

People who have success with him send him emails (or even call him). That's how I was able to get items from him. He does seem to not check messages or replies to forum messages (including posts in FB). But if you can get a hold of him he is easy to work with and does provide everything he mentions.
ceverhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2023 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ceverhartSend a Private Message to ceverhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, email with Larry is my recommendation. I had tried to purchase from him once before via pm's and it just kinda went nowhere...then several months later I tried again. I dont remember which fiero FB group it was but I read a conversation about him being flakey and ghosting people and it was mentioned several times in that conversation that the best way to deal with him was via Email or phone. I hate talking on phones so I went the email route and it worked for me....your luck may differ.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2023 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Larry Hubert
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/100481.html

Larry Hubbert said in 7-19-2023:
Someone just told me about this post and I have to admit that I never saw it, since I have never used this part of the forum before today and in fact, I didn't know it existed. Part of the problem is that when people PM me on here or on FB and even Direct emails they do not use their true names or they have multiple names on all of the different venues which gets rather confusing. There are times that the same person has used a different name at the same time looking for the same part on all 3 venues. It is very hard to follow and also keep track of especially since I only do this part time with somewhat limited hours, since I still work a fulltime job just like most people on here.

That having been said, can you please tell me more about your Fiero needs and I promise you an answer. I always do my best to get back to everyone who contacts me ASAP. I always send HiRes Pix of the actual parts I will be sending, so there is no regrets or surprises when they get their order in their hands and see that it is exactly as stated. I have many satisfied customers worldwide acquired over the many years I have been selling Fiero parts and I specialize in 88's. I sincerely hope that this clears thing up a bit and if I can be of any help,

please contact me on Facebook Messenger (Larry Hubbert), PM on Pennock's (Larry Hubbert) and/or direct at LHUBBERT2@BRIGHTHOUSE.COM

Also please use your true name and/or provide me with the names you use on other venues in order to avoid any confusion.

Thanks for your interest, have a great day and most of all stay safe.
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2023 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all for the responses. I'll try emailing Larry directly and see if I have better luck that way. He did finally get back to me through PM asking me to email him if I'm still interested and apologized for the situation, so it may just be that he needs to be contacted directly through email. I remember trying that once before about 88 parts quite some time ago and didn't have any success then, but I don't see the harm in trying again. I probably should have already tried emailing him directly, so that's on me this time. If I get a successful buy I'll update as such.

Originally posted by reinhart:

The rear passenger wheel has suffered some sort of trauma in the past, before I got the car. I was told the wheel came off and went up into the car after a shop didn't tighten it down correctly, but who knows. There is some minor body damage to the clip over the wheel, the hub looks like it was replaced more recently than the others, and the wheels aren't original. Whatever happened, the brake line and banjo separated from the caliper and took the threads in the divorce, the piston is seized from what I assume is years of exposure while the car sat, and there is some minor damage to the caliper itself. I have no idea why it seems like some work was done when the caliper wasn't fixed, but I'm just glad that there amazingly there doesn't seem to be any other obvious damage in the area. I'm willing to admit the caliper may be rebuildable with enough effort, but had been hoping to find one in better condition that I could rebuild myself. I may send mine in though, to somebody with more talent and patience than me, and see if they can rebuild it.

[This message has been edited by GraterFang (edited 10-28-2023).]

Paul8157

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2023 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Paul8157Send a Private Message to Paul8157Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When i needed rear passenger i got one from autozone, iv read stories about them coming badly rebuilt but i got a good one. Hope it helps
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2024 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I finally managed to find a reliable seller and got a set of calipers, but it ended up being through facebook groups. I appreciate everybody's responses and suggestions along the journey, though. I've given positive feedback to most.

Also, for what it's worth, I messaged Larry Hubbert on Pennocks and directly by email as he claims to prefer, but was completely ignored on both fronts again. I had the same luck on Facebook in the past, so its not a problem with how I'm reaching out to him. I know there's a lot of disingenuous people running scams these days, but I've been on Pennocks for some years now and have never had any of the long term members be so disrespectful. Seeing as how I sent him multiple messages in the manner he requested and never even got to the point of discussing a possible sale, I won't waste my time again in the future. To be honest, at this point even if he did respond I wouldn't feel comfortable sending him money knowing I likely wouldn't hear from him ever again. I've read that others have had better luck, but in general I caution anybody considering buying from him to strongly reconsider.

[This message has been edited by GraterFang (edited 01-02-2024).]

Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2024 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GraterFang:
I finally managed to find a reliable seller and got a set of calipers / for what it's worth, I messaged Larry Hubbert on Pennocks and directly by email as he claims to prefer, but was completely ignored on both fronts again.

Awesome that you won the '88 rear caliper battle and very sad news on your Larry Hubbert experience....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock