Larry Hubert by Duck 1
Started on: 07-18-2023 10:03 AM
Replies: 17 (783 views)
Last post by: Matthew_Fiero on 11-07-2023 01:18 PM
Duck 1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2023 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Duck 1Send a Private Message to Duck 1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone heard anything about Larry Hubert ? I had been commuting with him for a part and he said he would get right back to me. There has been no further contact for at least two weeks. Hoping he is OK and just been busy.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2023 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He is active on Facebook. Communicating with him can be challenging.

[This message has been edited by Spadesluck (edited 07-18-2023).]

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That the thing he does, he replies he has a part and to message him and then he f's off.

Idk if he just gets off making like he has these parts or what.

I tried to buy something from him years ago and after searching this forum, yeah this is what he does.

Like I made it super easy for him to make a sale. I gave him my shipping address, I said ' Just say how much, how do you want to be paid, and where do I send the money.

[This message has been edited by jelly2m8 (edited 07-19-2023).]

PhatMax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhatMaxSend a Private Message to PhatMaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He can be hard to get ahold of for sure. I’ve bought some parts off him….no problems, good parts, very fair shipping.
Duck 1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Duck 1Send a Private Message to Duck 1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for everyone's input. I have had one selling occasion with him and all went well. Just hope he is OK.
Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone just told me about this post and I have to admit that I never saw it, since I have never used this part of the forum before today and in fact, I didn't know it existed. Part of the problem is that when people PM me on here or on FB and even Direct emails they do not use their true names or they have multiple names on all of the different venues which gets rather confusing. There are times that the same person has used a different name at the same time looking for the same part on all 3 venues. It is very hard to follow and also keep track of especially since I only do this part time with somewhat limited hours, since I still work a fulltime job just like most people on here.

That having been said, can you please tell me more about your Fiero needs and I promise you an answer. I always do my best to get back to everyone who contacts me ASAP. I always send HiRes Pix of the actual parts I will be sending, so there is no regrets or surprises when they get their order in their hands and see that it is exactly as stated. I have many satisfied customers worldwide acquired over the many years I have been selling Fiero parts and I specialize in 88's. I sincerely hope that this clears thing up a bit and if I can be of any help, please contact me on Facebook Messenger (Larry Hubbert), PM on Pennock's (Larry Hubbert) and/or direct at LHUBBERT2@BRIGHTHOUSE.COM. Also please use your true name and/or provide me with the names you use on other venues in order to avoid any confusion.

Thanks for your interest, have a great day and most of all stay safe.
Duck 1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Duck 1Send a Private Message to Duck 1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Larry. glad to see you are OK. I was afraid something had happened to you .I was waiting for you to give me a price and where to send the money for the 88 Fiero Blend door actuator, You had sent me some photos of the ones you had and ask me which one I needed. The one I need is the one directly behind the radio and has 5 pins for the connector plug. Thanks for getting back to me.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2023 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The issue Larry is communication. You post parts for sale, or reply you indeed have that part available and willing to sell it.
The members rush to get things going and like jelly2m8 said, they try to makes things very easy for you to make the sale. Then you’re gone, then people get pissed and don’t take your seriously after. I, myself…don’t like dealing with people acting like this. It’s not normal follow up or behaviour.
I’ve already bought 88 beechwood interior parts from you, the communication was really good with me. They were interior lower door trims. I bought 4, drivers and passenger sides. I named the price at 80$USD plus shipping.
I demanded and expected mint condition parts. There were 2 issues. The mounting holes on the trims were broke through. The other, was 2 of the trims weren’t beechwood, but tan.
So, really…these parts aren’t really use to me. I still have them, and I believe just one is considered useable.
I didn’t complain back in day about it, because it would have cost more money for actually nothing.
So, coming back about selling parts.
Keep track of your dealings, or posts.
Because frankly people here won’t take you seriously, and when ever you pop up with a post, a lot will just overlook it, and find another seller with the same parts.
Honestly, I really hate dealing with people when you can’t get an answer in a reasonable timeframe with all the communication methods today, on the computer, our phones, apps, email, etc.
It seems communication was better in the 1980s even though landlines were the only way of getting in touch.
At least people answered the phone back then.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2023 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently bought some parts from Larry through a friend of mine that drove down to FL to grab stuff from Larry in person.

While I agree that communication was a big issue- I did not realize that Larry is in his 80's. That changes everything for me, as I don't expect someone who is of a certain age to be as quick to reply or to have the memory of someone 30-40 years younger. My parts were packaged very well and were in good shape BTW-

So I am now much more understanding of slow communications. We have very few Fiero parts suppliers left, so we need to be patient and not expect the same service level of someone who does a full time, profitable business of selling Corvette or Porsche components.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2023 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot
While I agree that communication was a big issue- I did not realize that Larry is in his 80's. That changes everything for me......

I can only hope that I will be still active on the forum when/if I get to my 80's!

Originally posted by fierogt28
It seems communication was better in the 1980s even though landlines were the only way of getting in touch. At least people answered the phone back then.

Welcome to the 21th Century which the traditional core values are GONE...
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2023 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently purchased an '87 headlight harness and module from Larry. Recieved it pretty promptly and it was packed well. My only concern was that the front marker light sockets and had been cut off the harness and the left front turn signal socket was damaged. To fix these I had to remove the sockets from the '86 harness I was replacing and splice them into the '87 harness. Other than this annoyance, I've had good dealing with Larry.
PFF
System Bot
Duck 1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2023 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Duck 1Send a Private Message to Duck 1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had many dealings with Larry and all were positive.
Matthew_Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2023 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think something may have happened to him. We spent months getting a few parts ready and now nothing. It was nice talking with him while he was around.

I hope he's okay.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2023 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Larry Hubbert - Since I still work a fulltime job.....Please contact me on:

Facebook Messenger (Larry Hubbert)
PM on Pennock's (Larry Hubbert)
Direct at LHUBBERT2@BRIGHTHOUSE.COM.

Also please use your true name and/or provide me with the names you use on other venues in order to avoid any confusion.

Touch out...
Duck 1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2023 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Duck 1Send a Private Message to Duck 1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too hope he is alright.
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2023 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unless something has happened to him in the last week, Larry's fine. I recently purchased a jack from him after I broke the original jack.

(Don't ask. It was a, "hey, watch this!" moment. I'm pretty sure that's what my wife is planning to put on my tombstone. Either that or, "well, that didn't work.")
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2023 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Larry,

If you're seeing this can you check your junk mail filter please? We spent so much time getting everything organized and I haven't heard from you in weeks now.

Matthew
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2023 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Larry,

I am still trying to reach out to you via PM and email. Can you please check when you have a moment? This is about the grey 3 button dome light assembly.

Thank you.

Matthew

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock