Selling my streched Northstar project car by Nebraska
Started on: 01-24-2022 02:33 PM
Replies: 9 (513 views)
Last post by: RichLo1 on 01-30-2022 10:34 PM
Nebraska

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2022 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NebraskaSend a Private Message to NebraskaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am moving again and do not have space for for this project. It runs and drives but not really road worthy. Brake plumbing is temporary. Have clear title. Also have about a cars worth of parts. Make offer .

Please see my build thread for details.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/125878.html

[This message has been edited by Nebraska (edited 01-25-2022).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RichLo1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2022 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLo1Send a Private Message to RichLo1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I responded in your build thread also but where in Iowa are you?

Have you done anything to it since you stopped posting in your thread back in 2015? And do you have any current pictures of it?

I'm interested but since you have done a ton of custom work to it the more info the better on its current state, what still needs to be done, any problematic area that will need to be adressed, etc, any extra info the better.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2022 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I watched that build thread and remember thinking that just stretching the engine compartment/cradle would give more room to work on the motors...

Now that I read it again, I wonder if I could build the Fiero 2+2... https://www.motor1.com/news...t-four-seater-fiero/

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Nebraska

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2022 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NebraskaSend a Private Message to NebraskaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm near Cedar Rapids IA. Basically I have not done anything to it since the last post. I moved to my current location and basically worked stopped and the project. Now I'm moving again and will not have space for it. It runs and drives but the rear brakes need the brake lines permanently mounted and blead better. The brakes work but could be better. The other main thing that I used the old clutch disk that got some oil on it during the build process that I tried to clean but it slips when you really push it. Also the shifter mechanism need fine tuning. It currently is still running of the caviler computer. I had the other computer programmed by Sinister but never installed (that is when I moved). The bad thing about that is I can not find the new computer now. I know I moved it just can't find it. Originally I was asking $3000 for it with all the spare parts but I'm open to offers !
RichLo1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2022 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLo1Send a Private Message to RichLo1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, this is really tempting, your a day or at most a weekend trip away for me. And I would love to see this thing brought to completion.

What shape is the body in? I see a lot of body work done but how would you rate it in terms of pre-paint prep work needed?

What are the major things needed in your mind to complete this car? (Besides what you already stated with the clutch and brake work). Is it running out of a stock Fiero gas tank now or something else?

Do you have the fastback quarter windows included with your other stuff? How about all of the missing trim pieces?

Nebraska

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2022 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NebraskaSend a Private Message to NebraskaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As far as the condition of the body for pre-paint, the devil is in the details. Its just how far you want to take it, show car or daily driver. It is still a project. I think the hard parts are done and yes there is more bodywork needs to be done. All the panels are stretched and glued back together but need the final finishing. I do have the stock trim but it would need to be spliced together. I was debating on filling the body molding to make the panels smooth like some of the other projects on here but that would make it hard or impossible to take off the panels. It has the stock gas tank but I replaced the fuel pump with a higher pressure one. I do not have the rear quarter glass (plastic).

Currently it is in the back of the garage and would take a good weekend to get out and started. Due to our mid west winters I need to store more things in the heated garage that typically hang out in the pole building so my projects get pushed to the back. I jumped the gun a little in advertising it for sale while its still winter here. I was planning on moving things around when we would at least get 30+ degree whether because things would have to set outside till I get other things moved around. If your not in a hurry I can get some more detailed pictures of what you would like to see.
Queso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2022 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuesoSend a Private Message to QuesoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
Nebraska

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2022 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NebraskaSend a Private Message to NebraskaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PMed back.
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2022 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent

[This message has been edited by iluvsd619 (edited 01-30-2022).]

RichLo1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2022 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLo1Send a Private Message to RichLo1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, I would be interested in more current pictures when you get a chance. No Hurry on my side, this is a very interesting project that I would like to take on.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock