Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  3d printed replacement skeletons available (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3d printed replacement skeletons available by mmeyer86gt/gtp
Started on: 08-03-2021 12:55 PM
Replies: 102 (3678 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 05-15-2022 11:32 AM
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2021 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are replacement skeletons made from abs. I use machine heat inserted threads for the screws in the parts for longevity of the parts. I dont have a way to upload images but i have sold about 40 so far all happy customers. i have 3 black($210) and 1 white($200). Price is with shipping usa. I take paypal.

--matt
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Matthew_Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2021 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suggest you find a way to post pictures (PIP on desktop, direct upload on mobile and desktop).

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2021 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
all already sold will let you know when more are available.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2021 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

all already sold will let you know when more are available.

Sold 4 in 4 hours. Easy money
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2021 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
takes 4-5 days to build each.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2021 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

takes 4-5 days to build each.

Matt, do you have a picture of the actual product?

Thanks,

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2021 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't remember where I got this older pic but I'll post it. If Matt wants it removed because he changed the design, I'll remove it.

Cvxjet posted this photo of a test console he received back in the day which looks VERY sturdy.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 08-04-2021).]

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2021 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Cvxjet posted this photo of a test console he received back in the day which looks VERY sturdy.

I have the other test unit in my black Formula. It’s built like a brick s***house.

Skybax

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2021 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Impressive
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2021 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work man!! When we get to starting to throw the interior back together, I will be reaching out to you!

What's great about this, is you are the manufacturer... so unless your printer breaks and you don't want to get another one, I don't have a fear of it not being available in a few months!! (I have bought SO MUCH STUFF because of that fear.... missed out one too many times)
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2021 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its a little different because it’s even more beefed up from the one in the pics. I currently have 2 ready to ship to go out Monday if anyone is interested.
PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2021 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mmeyer86gt/gtp

3851 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by Trinten:

Nice work man!! When we get to starting to throw the interior back together, I will be reaching out to you!

What's great about this, is you are the manufacturer... so unless your printer breaks and you don't want to get another one, I don't have a fear of it not being available in a few months!! (I have bought SO MUCH STUFF because of that fear.... missed out one too many times)

What’s also nice is if one of the parts break I can reprint the replacement part easily.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2021 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Its a little different because it’s even more beefed up from the one in the pics. I currently have 2 ready to ship to go out Monday if anyone is interested.

Yeah if the design has changed a little -- even knowing it won't impact function and makes it stronger, if you have a chance to toss up a few new pictures, I know folks would appreciate it! If you are having issues and can text or email me the pictures, I can get them up for you.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2021 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 2 more available to ship by wed next time i will have availability is after labor day.
reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2021 05:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great. My only concern would be how do you keep the metal bolt inserts from loosening and free spinning after a few heat cycles?
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2021 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The material is abs and the interior never gets hot enough to melt the abs. So i dont understand the heat cycle thing. There is a threaded heat set insert that the machined bolt goes into.
reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2021 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems like the plastic would expand and contract over time (like the stock plastic ones) and instead of what happens with the stock where the bolt holes crack, with your design the cavity where the metal insert goes into the plastic would expand contract and result in the insert free spinning and/or even pulling out.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2021 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only way to know will be the test of time! And hey, if it does happen, we now know we can get a replacement! Outside of metal, any part will degrade with time (heck, even metal now that I think of it...)
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2021 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
CSM842M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2021 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CSM842M4Send a Private Message to CSM842M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another pm sent...
fireboss

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2021 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

Only way to know will be the test of time! And hey, if it does happen, we now know we can get a replacement! Outside of metal, any part will degrade with time (heck, even metal now that I think of it...)

PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2021 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
have more units ready to ship.
flimbob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2021 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
payment sent
flimbob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2021 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2021 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow those came out really nice. Such a cool restoration part!
flimbob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2021 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shipped Yet?
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2021 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone received theirs that they can post a pic of?

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2021 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
filmbob shipped yesterday should have it tuesday .

i have more available. shipping took me a minute on the last one because my wife and i were on the foster to adopt list and a baby became available so i have been loving on a hopefully new fiero owner.
handymanpat

Feedback score:    (48)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2021 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good for Matt!
I have one of his skeletons and so do a couple guys from the clubs in this area. This thing is so solid and so well made, I love how all the locations where the screws go are made with metal so the screws can tighten down and not break the plastic (like on the original ones)
I tell everyone about it and have nice they are!
Thanks for making them

------------------
pat moody

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2021 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have more avaliable
2 grey and 2 black units avaliable. 210 shipped usa.
sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2021 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will take a black one, pm your PayPal info.
PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2021 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
more avaliable
ReptilianRascal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2021 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReptilianRascalSend a Private Message to ReptilianRascalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2021 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
reply sent more kits avaliable 4 grey and 2 black.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2021 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only 2 grey available now.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2021 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
5 more black available. Any new order for the next 10 will get a set of prototype resin printed power window switches. Its the grey piece that is in your power window switch.
Steelers8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2021 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steelers8Send a Private Message to Steelers8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you have one in black still?
5 more black available. Any new order for the next 10 will get a set of prototype resin printed power window switches. Its the grey piece that is in your power window switch.

------------------
KCBSR

Steelers8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2021 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steelers8Send a Private Message to Steelers8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you get my message asking if you still have a black one available. If you do, I would like to purchase it from you please. Thank you.

------------------
KCBSR

Steelers8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2021 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steelers8Send a Private Message to Steelers8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steelers8

48 posts
Member since Apr 2021

Did you get my message asking if you still have a black one available. If you do, I would like to purchase it from you please. Thank you.

------------------
KCBSR

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2021 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock