Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Project Genesis 1986 GT L67 4T65EHD for sale Rockford IL.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Project Genesis 1986 GT L67 4T65EHD for sale Rockford IL. by hercimer01
Started on: 08-29-2020 02:44 PM
Replies: 12 (896 views)
Last post by: PhatMax on 09-30-2020 04:37 PM
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2020 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sold

Thanks for looking.

As the title says Project Genisis 1986 GT L67 4T65EHD for sale Rockford IL.

When I was new to the forum, I asked someone what they were going to do when they finished their car. I was immediately laughed into correction. YOU ARE NEVER FINISHED WITH THESE CARS! Hence project Genisis, this is only the beginning. Yes I know it's misspelled, but that's how it is.
I am a Avionics Technician with a AP Mechanics licence so you can rest assured all the work has been professionally done.
I have the 1966 AMC Rambler American Rogue which I will be resto modding into a SCRambler clone, so I am open to barters. I do have a built 383 thats it. I need a T65 6 speed trans from an LT1 Corvette or Z28. And good rear end to hold t least 700 horse power.
I got a new project and unfortunately one has to go and it aint the Rambler.
The build thread is in my signature and the picture was taken this month.
Let me know if you have questions or offers, I will post more info over the next couple days.
The car has 70,000 miles and rides tight.
The engine has around 150,000 miles, I do have a spare "low mileage" engine that could come with it, at least that what i was told, and it does look like it inside.
My best 1/4 mile time was 12.8 seconds, it has a Gen III blower with a 3.4 pulley and no intercooler.
It gets 30 MPG on the highway once the computer settles in, 21 around town.
DO NOT DRIVE THIS CAR IF YOUR'E ANGRY!

EDIT: I am the second owner and it has been a garage queen. The rust is all surface if there is any.
And the tail lights are perfect, no delamination.
And the head lights are 88 second gen with low profile buckets and Hella 60MM projectors.

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
12.840@104.8 MPH Intense-Racing 1.9 rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires (not any more).

88 Coupe under construction SOLD

88 formula 3.4L 4t60 swap SOLD

88GT resurrection in progress.

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 09-19-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2020 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So for the $8,000 question, we can start there.
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2020 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have current pics of the engine bay and interior? Does the transmission have the same mileage as the engine?

------------------
'16 STI-Daily-COBB Stage-2 tune and DP
'04 Mazda RX8 SCCA STX Solo prepped
My former Fiero- '88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.367@121.03mph (Sold)
GM Tuners

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2020 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes the trans is the same as the motor.
It also has 1.9 intense rockers in it.
I've been busy with the Rambler. I found a honey hole of parts here in town along with an actual SCRambler.

I will post pics of it tonight.

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 08-31-2020).]

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2020 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hercimer01

2289 posts
Member since Mar 2008
Here's a walk-around It was raining so I washed it.

If you right clik the images then open in new tab, they appear full resolution.

Second gen headlight motors are installed.

There is rain water on the lenses.

The subwoofer is new and is a Tang Band W5-1138SMF 5-1/4" Paper Cone Subwoofer Speaker

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 08-31-2020).]

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2020 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hercimer01

2289 posts
Member since Mar 2008
The drivers seat bolster is not torn up, I keep the cover on to protect it.

It does not have AC but I can finish putting the compressor back in it if desired. I left the compressor out for power.

The original clutch pedal is still installed. I left it in in case someone desired to go back to manual.

I have the wing and original wheels that come with it.

I have the trunk bottom that was cut out that comes with it.

I installed a digital cruise control.

It does have premium sound.

The dew wipes are new.

The trunk gasket is new.

It has one touch power windows but not power mirrors.

The front brakes are stock and the rear brakes are the 86 Grand Am calipers. I don't rod it much so I haven't needed big brakes but it could use an upgrade.

I don't have the original motor or 4 speed.

The tach boost gauge does not display correct values, i am not sure why. I installed a dedicated pillar boost gauge.

The car has 2 quarter inch layers of aviation sound prooffing. I got it from my friend who does aircraft interiors.

It does need rear tires, It eats them for lunch.

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 09-10-2020).]

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2020 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hercimer01

2289 posts
Member since Mar 2008
I have new headers for it that could come with it.

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2020 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am open to offers and barters.
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2020 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man, good luck with the sale! That paint is looking sharp! Your reflection in one of the pictures has very little distortion. And I like that style side-scoop! Interior looks great, too! No "knee-cracks" on the dash by the vents, no cracked or warped fascia, everything looks super clean. You've obviously taken great care of that car! I hope mine looks that good at some point!
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2020 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

Oh man, good luck with the sale! That paint is looking sharp! Your reflection in one of the pictures has very little distortion. And I like that style side-scoop! Interior looks great, too! No "knee-cracks" on the dash by the vents, no cracked or warped fascia, everything looks super clean. You've obviously taken great care of that car! I hope mine looks that good at some point!

Thank you very much. your car can too with some effort.
It has been a very good project for me to do in many ways. I really had no idea how nice it was.
I originally thought I would just make a drag car out of it, the more I worked on it , I realized what potential it had. I saved it just in the nick of time.
The original owner let her son drive it in college and he drove it pretty hard and gave the motor a rod knock. It only had 49K miles on it.
She parked it in the garage after that and planned to repair but never got to it. She let it sit outside for the 2 years before i got it due to life issues. When I got it the motor had a rod knock so I figured a L67 project was due.
Then came the build thread. I built it with the intention to drive and put 20K miles on the swap but decided to conserve it so I bought another daily driver a few years ago. The car is very nice, but I am ready for another build.

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 09-10-2020).]

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2020 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sale pending
PFF
System Bot
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2020 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sold!
PhatMax

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2020 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhatMaxSend a Private Message to PhatMaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you sell the headers ?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock