Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Intermittent wipe FIX phantom wiper Fix ghost wipers FIX occasional wipe FIX (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Intermittent wipe FIX phantom wiper Fix ghost wipers FIX occasional wipe FIX by Chief
Started on: 11-25-2018 06:38 AM
Replies: 45 (2148 views)
Last post by: Vintage-Nut on 11-07-2023 11:24 AM
Chief

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2018 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IRM Intermittent wipe correction Device. This fixes the occasional single or multiple unexpected wiper activation AKA phantom or ghost wipe that occurs at start up or on occasion or when you use the turn signal lever or go over a bump or move the steering wheel or tilt the steering column. It is a 15 minute installation and the fastest and most economical way to end this problem. Installation is as follows; connect the terminal end of the device to the blower's ONLY 7mm SILVER screw by loosening it and then slipping the terminal under the screw THEN re-tighten the screw. Now connect the wire on the other side of the device to the grey wire at terminal C of the wiper motor plug with the supplied wire tap. See read and study the pictures below.

SOLD OUT

Installation is finished.

This device works on other GM vehicles with the same problem.

HERE IS THE ORIGINAL POST FOR THIS DEVICE, THE FEEDBACK SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.

[This message has been edited by Chief (edited 01-28-2022).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
handymanpat

Feedback score:    (48)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2019 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have two of these for my cars and they really work great. I want to buy another one for my wifes car.
Thanks Pat

------------------
pat moody

handymanpat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2019 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got it today, that was fast!
I sure appreciate your making them and I would suggest that anyone who is having problems with the wiper coming on when it not supposed to should consider buying this device!
Thanks Pat

------------------
pat moody

Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2019 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT as requested.
yamaha94

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2019 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a great fix. 2 years no issues. I suggest you also re cap or replace your wiper pulse board as well.
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2019 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2 shipped and 1 pm replied.
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2019 04:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD OUT

[This message has been edited by Chief (edited 02-02-2022).]

Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2019 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD OUT

Knight Rider

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2019 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Knight RiderSend a Private Message to Knight RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chief..I am in need of one of these as I just started getting the ghost wiper effect. I wanted to confirm availability with you. I will send PayPal and PM with address then. Thanks
Knight Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2019 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Knight RiderSend a Private Message to Knight RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
grodr030

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2019 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grodr030Send a Private Message to grodr030Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent, interested if available
PFF
System Bot
oldrock2401

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2019 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for oldrock2401Send a Private Message to oldrock2401Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent a pm, I'll take one.

------------------
--- 86 GT, my pride and joy (currently undergoing turbo 3.8 swap)

grodr030

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2019 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grodr030Send a Private Message to grodr030Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent, thank you!
oldrock2401

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2019 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for oldrock2401Send a Private Message to oldrock2401Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent as well.

------------------
--- 86 GT, my pride and joy (currently undergoing turbo 3.8 swap)

Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2019 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD OUT

T4Turtle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2019 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for T4TurtleSend a Private Message to T4TurtleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2019 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
0n its way check your PM for tracking info.

Thanks, Chief.
T4Turtle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2019 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for T4TurtleSend a Private Message to T4TurtleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Fast shipping thanks!
ron768

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2019 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2019 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ron768:

PM sent

0n its way check your PM for tracking info.
87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2020 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSend a Private Message to 87FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these still available?
PFF
System Bot
yamaha94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2020 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic fix. I have been sending people to you chief!
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2020 05:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yamaha94:

Fantastic fix. I have been sending people to you chief!

Thank You, I appreciate that.
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2020 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Chief (edited 01-28-2022).]

Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2020 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3 shipped check your pms for trakiing info.
Horse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2020 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HorseSend a Private Message to HorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Need 4 of these paypal sent.
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2020 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Horse:

Need 4 of these paypal sent.

On their way tracking sent to your pm and paypal address.
Chief
Carl Calderone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2020 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i may need one of the as well The wiper issue started after I replaced the stalk on the column. PM me with directions to buy one
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2020 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
4 shipped get them while you can.
SafetyFast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2020 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SafetyFastSend a Private Message to SafetyFastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, do you still have some available ?
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD OUT

PFF
System Bot
SafetyFast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SafetyFastSend a Private Message to SafetyFastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM and PayPal sent.
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2020 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Canadian unit was shipped. 2 units off to California. Check your p.m. for proof of shipping and tracking info.
jaybug56

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2020 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
available ????
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2020 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD OUT

Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2020 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD OUT

Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2020 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastGT:

Hi, do you still have some available ?

SOLD OUT.

RWB 87 GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2020 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWB 87 GTSend a Private Message to RWB 87 GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chief, my car does the phantom wipe at start-up. One of these came with my car, un-installed. I tried it hooking it up today and my wipers cycle all the time with it connected.
So any tips on what I need to do next? Maybe I need a new wiper switch in the column or there is problem in the circuit board at the motor.

Today (10/1/20) I found the problem by dis-assembling the wiper motor. My center contact point tab had slipped up on top of the wiper plastic cam blade. I cleaned the contacts and moved it back into position so the cam moves it back and forth and now the wipers work perfectly. DP

[This message has been edited by RWB 87 GT (edited 10-01-2020).]

Horse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2020 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HorseSend a Private Message to HorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWB 87 GT:

Chief, my car does the phantom wipe at start-up. One of these came with my car, un-installed. I tried it hooking it up today and my wipers cycle all the time with it connected.
So any tips on what I need to do next? Maybe I need a new wiper switch in the column or there is problem in the circuit board at the motor.

Today (10/1/20) I found the problem by dis-assembling the wiper motor. My center contact point tab had slipped up on top of the wiper plastic cam blade. I cleaned the contacts and moved it back into position so the cam moves it back and forth and now the wipers work perfectly. DP

I have used these on many GM vehicles including recalled units like the S10 and others and it has always worked. In most cases the phantom wipe or delayed wipe is cause by a faulty column wiper switch and in rare cases it is something else like when the wiper motor units have botched repairs or some other mechanical failure. If that is the case I fix that issue first. But as far as Phantom wipe is concerned this unit takes care of it every time. It is a quick fix and beats disassembling the steering column to replace the wiper switch that is IF YOU CAN FIND A WIPER SWITCH. A big THANKS to Chief for this great product and his excellent customer service.

[This message has been edited by Horse (edited 10-03-2020).]

handymanpat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2021 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my second order and have already put one of them to use.
Thanks again for making them!

------------------
pat moody

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave