Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Intermittent wipe FIX phantom wiper Fix ghost wipers FIX occasional wipe FIX (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Intermittent wipe FIX phantom wiper Fix ghost wipers FIX occasional wipe FIX by Chief
Started on: 11-25-2018 06:38 AM
Replies: 45 (2153 views)
Last post by: Vintage-Nut on 11-07-2023 11:24 AM
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2022 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chief, you still making these?
I need 2 please.
Thanks, Kit
IP: Logged
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2023 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chief. I have a really clean, low mile 1986 gold GT 5spd that has developed this condition. Do you still have these available?
PhatMax

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2023 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhatMaxSend a Private Message to PhatMaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could use one as well….
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2023 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FYI
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/072371.html

This message has been edited by Chief (edited Jan-2022 and Feb-2022)
SOLD OUT

EDIT: Aluminum electrolytic capacitors gradually degrade from the original value. The life expectancy is considered a ‘failure’ when the capacitance has changed by 20% of its initial value. I advise to replace the aged electrolytic capacitors in the unit...

Rodney Dickman's kit is $8 plus $6.50 shipping.

Rodney's Delay Wiper Board Rebuild Kit
http://rodneydickman.com/pr....php?products_id=139

-------------------------------------------

On this note, Rodney have not found someone to buy and take over the business.

Rodney's Site Still Says:
"In the spring of 2024, we will put our home here in WI up for sale. If no one buys my business by then I will put most everything in a storage unit for the time being."

I been getting 'everything' I think I need from Ronney as next year is coming fast.

So be aware that Rodney's goodies possibly be in "a storage unit" in the summer of 2024.........

[This message has been edited by Vintage-Nut (edited 11-06-2023).]

PhatMax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2023 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhatMaxSend a Private Message to PhatMaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I replaced the board with one from Napa as originally only had high speed. That problem was fixed. Now they turn on when using the turn signal for a left turn. If I pull the stalk towards me when I turn left it won’t do it…..weird.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2023 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From Rondey's Site:

whuffo@pacbell.net writes:

There are two major problems that affect Fiero wiper / washer systems. One is the dried-up capacitors on the pulse board and your (Rondey) rebuild kit deals with that very effectively.

The other problem is that there was a run of bad windshield wiper switches. They were installed in 85 and 86 Fieros with tilt wheels and delay wipers; these switches are very failure prone - symptoms are phantom wipes, wipers turning themselves on, can't turn the wipers off, etc.

The cure for these bad wiper switches is to replace them with the wiper switch for '87 or '88 Fieros. That switch is mechanically and electrically compatible - it's a drop-in replacement. They're also less expensive than the early version switch (go figure). This will solve the problem and prevent it from returning. This is the switch this is in the steering column under the steering wheel, not the cruise/turn signal stalk.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock