C&C t-top lock pin repair bushings by boysatt
Started on: 04-10-2017 10:55 AM
Replies: 9 (579 views)
Last post by: jjd2296 on 03-05-2024 08:16 AM
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2017 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I had a shop make me these aluminum bushings to help with the terrible design of the trim caps that were used on the C&C kits. This will fix the loose rattling tops from the old plastic wearing out of breaking. Basically drill out the original hole in the cap to 5/8 and it will fit over the new bushings. I used a step up bit for that. I have 3 t-top cars and have compared the t-top installs on all 3, now I have found they since these were all hand done one at a time, things don't exactly fit the same on every car. I also found the chrome lock pins on the tops vary in size slightly. My bushings will be drilled to the smallest pin size I have found on the tops which is 5/16" so if its tight you would need to drill it one size larger. I also am leaving the bushings cut a tad bit longer than the caps so you can sand it down and ream the center to be flush with the trim on your car. The bushings are self centering with the hole in your frame bracket, minor sanding/ trimming will be needed to clear 1 screw hole. Then drill your rivet holes, I used steel 1/8" x 1/2" rivets.

My original thread is here t-top cap repair

Each one of these sets is hand cut, a computer cnc lathe would be faster but since I'm not cutting a few hundred at a time the cost isn't worth it.
I will be selling them at $65 a 4 piece set with free shipping.

I'm not trying to make money on these, just give the fiero community another option to fix loose t-tops.

Please email me at boysatt1@gmail.com to place a order.

You will receive 4 bushings exactly like pictured below.

Installed properly looks like this

[This message has been edited by boysatt (edited 05-10-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
4 sets ready to ship.

Lurate

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2024 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any more of these to sell? I'd like 2 sets
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2024 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why go through all this trouble when all
You
Need to do is insert the right size rubber grommet to solve the rattle.
Lurate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2024 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if you happen to have a pic of the right size grommet, would be eternally grateful
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2024 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually I have a whole box of varying sizes and will be picking the right size this weekend went I’m working on the car. I’ll let you know which size it is this weekend.
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2024 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is actually a nifty idea as it transfers the stress off the plastic bushing of the cap, helping limit cracking of the plastic.

I'm also jealous you have three t-tops

[This message has been edited by da.slyboy (edited 02-14-2024).]

Lurate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2024 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

Actually I have a whole box of varying sizes and will be picking the right size this weekend went I’m working on the car. I’ll let you know which size it is this weekend.

That would be excellent. Thanks

Lurate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boysatt:

4 sets ready to ship.

Would still like to get a set of these. Anyone know where this type metal item can be found?
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2024 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just order this grommet pack off Amazon. The one circled is the correct size.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock