wanting to buy a set of 88 GT engine vent brackets by handymanpat
Started on: 03-31-2017 08:49 PM
Replies: 26 (961 views)
Last post by: handymanpat on 01-03-2024 08:13 PM
handymanpat

Feedback score:    (48)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2017 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I mounted a GT clip on my formula notch back and I am all set up except for the 88 GT engine vent brackets. I know I can probably make something that will work or I can just set the vents in place and they will probably be fine but I would use a set if I could get them.
Thanks Pat
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fgt1988

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2017 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fgt1988Send a Private Message to fgt1988Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you asking about the brackets rings around the top struts that the engine vents screws on ? U can PM me I may have a set available from an 88 GT but I d have to know what exactly u looking for .. Thanks --
handymanpat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2017 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am still looking for the engine vent brackets. They are part of the round ring piece that screws down the shock assembly and there is a little bracket bracket that the engine vent sits on.
I am putting a fastback clip on my formula notch back and so I need the brackets that are for an 88 GT.
Thanks Pat
car54

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2017 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for car54Send a Private Message to car54Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not sure what the difference is but can the other be modified?
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2017 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by car54:

The 88 GT is unique to the 88 due to the angle of the strut towers...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2017 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
better odds of finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. Only found on 88 GT's, so its a rare part on a rare car, and only on those being parted out. easier to just make them out of angle iron IMO.
handymanpat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2017 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I figured I would just make something, it would just be cool to have the correct ones. Right now the vents are just sitting in place but I will secure them. I have the 88 shock tower round trim pieces and I will make a bracket to connect to them.
If someone has a set and wants to sell them I suppose I will have to see if I can justify the price or not.
Thanks Pat
Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set make me an offer.

Joe Sokol

------------------
85 SE Daily driver with a 3.4 DOHC OBD II
88 Formula/GT 4.9 Allante Intake (My Baby)
www.fieroking.com

2tone86gt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2017 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2tone86gtSend a Private Message to 2tone86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. If handyman don't want them i will buy them from you fiero king.
MRBLUE87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2017 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRBLUE87Send a Private Message to MRBLUE87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set complete with correct screws-make me an offer
2tone86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2017 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2tone86gtSend a Private Message to 2tone86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr blue and fiero king you have pms
PFF
System Bot
mlopezbe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mlopezbeSend a Private Message to mlopezbeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, everyone!. I Bought to Pat a engine wiring harness for my Fiero GT 86. He was at all times very friendly and professional. He sent me the parts and I received them in excellent condition of use and operation. I recommend Pat to the entire Pennock Fiero community. He is an excellent person!
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree, Pat is a great guy! He gave me a Fiero seat and even was able to drop it off near me for me to pick up free of charge. If I had some 88 gt brackets I would return the favor.
lordbg0205

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2017 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lordbg0205Send a Private Message to lordbg0205Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pat is awesome, he shipped my parts the same day, and even sent me photos of the receipt. I love this forum, some great guys and gals on here. Thankyou
handymanpat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2017 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to everyone for the good words and everything!
I will always make sure to do my best to package things well, supply clean nice parts and send things out quickly.
Thanks again for the purchases and your good reviews and ratings.
Pat

------------------
pat moody

pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2017 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thefierofarm.com

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2017 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can send you photos and measurements of the GT specific piece if that would help. As I am sure you are aware, there isn't much to them.
Send me an email address if so.

------------------
That Todd Guy

handymanpat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2017 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have found a set for my 88 notchback to fastback conversion. I appreciate the advice and help and I had considered just making a bracket to support the vent. I was fortunate enough to aquire a set for my car but I am also looking for a set for a friend in Iowa who purchased my 88 rolling chassis and was going to out his 86 gt body on my car frame. He is a college kid going to Iowa State and is not wanting to spend a bunch for a set.
I appreciate everyone's es help and their good reviews and ratings that they they have given me!
Thanks again
Pat

------------------
pat moody

vette7584

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2017 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vette7584Send a Private Message to vette7584Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
purchased quite a few part from pat, great parts!
Yannsky

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YannskySend a Private Message to YannskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for you
handymanpat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2017 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am trying to locate a set for 2tone86gt, He is doing the same conversion I did and he is hoping this request will stir up a set for him.
Thanks for any help in getting him a set.
Pat
PFF
System Bot
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2017 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by handymanpat:

I am trying to locate a set for 2tone86gt, He is doing the same conversion I did and he is hoping this request will stir up a set for him.
Thanks for any help in getting him a set.
Pat

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PO...ash=item4b2e80971c:g ZkAAOSwHNxaGMVn&vxp=mtr
yamaha94

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2017 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Pat let me know when the set I sent you arrive! - I hope they work for you
car54

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for car54Send a Private Message to car54Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
car54

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2024 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for car54Send a Private Message to car54Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
handymanpat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2024 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE
I have purchased the engine vent brackets I needed.
Thanks Pat

------------------
pat moody

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock