88 V8 SBC For Sale by 88KURT
Started on: 08-20-2016 04:15 PM
Replies: 18 (2283 views)
Last post by: Spadesluck on 03-19-2017 07:26 AM
88KURT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2016 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88KURTSend a Private Message to 88KURTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to sell my 88 V8 rust free( really-totally rust free) Fiero GT.

Just checking in first with the home team on the Forum here first to see if anyone is interested. I may post on CL in the near future if no takers here.

around 400HP est. from previous owner who built engine. ($8k his est.) I don't have the receipts. but I have some pics of his build.
350 4 bolt block
Aluminum heads with 64cc chambers and 210 runners
single plane intake(heads and intake were port matched and opened up to a 1206 Felpro.
Hydraulic flat tappet cam with 488/510 lift 234/244 duration installed advanced 4 degrees with double roller timing set.
650 Holley carb

Car has one of the few Archie aluminum flywheels out there. Ring gear( Installed on flywheel and balanced by Speed Performance Engineering in Waconda) and 1.9HP starter are new.

Uses V8 Archie kit with remote oil filter and aluminum radiator.
Cross drilled rotors and ceramic pads. stock Fiero size.
5 speed with short shifter.
Spec 4 Clutch
Interior is in good shape.
Needs radio. currently there is no radio in car.
rebuilt headlight motors
Windows are a little slow to raise but still function
New radiator reservoir
Polyurethane all 4 corners.
lowering front ball joints
performance 1" lowering springs.
Dodge NEON SRT 4 seats

Car runs and drives good. Totally hauls ass!
I bought the car a few year ago and has been a good project to work on with my son, but he is off to college, and it would be nice to park in the garage again. Fiero has been garage kept, and has NOT sat outside.
When I pulled engine to fix flywheel ring gear due to misalignment of starter, I stripped and painted the subframe with POR15.

The bad:
Needs side sail panels
Clear coat is shot on top half of car and the truck scoop needs mounting before paint. I figure I can let someone else do that and paint as you choose.

I think it should be worth $6-7K, and I could be flexible a little. With a good paint job I see these on ebay for around $10K.

Kurt

Car is located in Crystal Lake IL

------------------
88KURT

88 GT 5 SPD SBC Beast
88 GT 5SPD- factory ordered it in 88'
81 Diesel Airstream 280
1980 Triumph TR7 ChumpCar

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88KURT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2016 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88KURTSend a Private Message to 88KURTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If interested, PM me. I can send PICs of anything on the car you want to see.

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2016 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice ride and good price for the 6-7 that you want

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2003 BMW 330I
2009 Dodge Charger

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover

LT4SS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2016 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT4SSSend a Private Message to LT4SSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car - PM sent.
ditch

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2016 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2016 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What kind of water pump setup are you using?
Are you still running the stock Fiero alternator?
How is the motor and transmission mounted?
I'm looking for a driver, what is the farthest trip you have taken in the car?
During the summer what temps have you had on the engine? I ask because you haven't vented the hood over the radiator and other than the mopar scoop you haven't done much for air flow at the back.
What are the current miles on the car/engine

PM me contact information if you still have the car.
I had a very similar setup and had to sell, I regret that but had to be done.
Very familiar with a V8 Fiero.

Thanks
Jake

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 08-22-2016).]

88KURT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2016 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88KURTSend a Private Message to 88KURTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Trans and engine are solid mounted onto sub frame. Engine has 4000 miles on it. Car has 145K. I don't know if PO rebuilt trans or what, but it works fine.

Water pump is an external electric pump located where original battery was located in front of passenger side strut tower.
Hood venting was/is in the plan, but haven't gotten there yet. I was going to vent it because they look sooo cool, was planning that during paint prep process. I haven't had a problem with overheating. I think the max is 200F on temp gage that I have seen.

Stock Fiero alternator. new in 2013.

Last year I drove it to St Charles to Fierorama. About 30 miles. my typical cruises are about 30-45 minutes. No issues with overheating, but I don;t sit in heavy traffic jambs idling.

If you are looking for a driver- like daily driver, I would say it is not the right fit. If you are looking for a hobby car to drive around and have some fun. This is definitely it. I don't put a lot of miles on it, just an occasional cruise.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2016 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88KURT:

Trans and engine are solid mounted onto sub frame. Engine has 4000 miles on it. Car has 145K. I don't know if PO rebuilt trans or what, but it works fine.

Water pump is an external electric pump located where original battery was located in front of passenger side strut tower.
Hood venting was/is in the plan, but haven't gotten there yet. I was going to vent it because they look sooo cool, was planning that during paint prep process. I haven't had a problem with overheating. I think the max is 200F on temp gage that I have seen.

Stock Fiero alternator. new in 2013.

Last year I drove it to St Charles to Fierorama. About 30 miles. my typical cruises are about 30-45 minutes. No issues with overheating, but I don;t sit in heavy traffic jambs idling.

If you are looking for a driver- like daily driver, I would say it is not the right fit. If you are looking for a hobby car to drive around and have some fun. This is definitely it. I don't put a lot of miles on it, just an occasional cruise.

I had my V8 Fiero for several years and drove it to work all the time (Florida) Several times it was my only running car.
Thanks for the updated information, the longest drive I would have would be the occasional trip to see my sister. 5 hours round trip all highway.
You are about 4 1/2 hours from me. I will keep an eye on your thread and contact you if I think it would be a good fit.

Couple of pictures of my V8 car
http://i550.photobucket.com..._044_zps8a47a445.jpg
http://i550.photobucket.com...ics4_zps3c997929.jpg
American Exotic

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2016 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for American ExoticSend a Private Message to American ExoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2016 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good luck with the sale

[This message has been edited by busa_powered (edited 08-24-2016).]

88KURT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88KURTSend a Private Message to 88KURTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My V8 Fiero is still for sale. Drove it a few more times since late summer. Still a beast!

I'm in Crystal Lake IL.

Thanks,
Kurt
PFF
System Bot
88KURT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2016 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88KURTSend a Private Message to 88KURTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://chicago.craigslist.o.../cto/5938971827.html

Come and get it !

------------------
88KURT

88 GT 5 SPD SBC Beast
81 Diesel Airstream 280

ksibley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2017 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ksibleySend a Private Message to ksibleyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car. I'm looking for a 1988 GT 5spd with a V8 swap and this one may be it. PM sent.
88KURT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2017 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88KURTSend a Private Message to 88KURTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump still for sale.

I have sail panels coming for it this week, and soon I will replace the broken plastic mount for the heater switch and probably add a stereo so that will look nicer.

If your thinking of building, take this one apart and mint it out! It has no rust and is an excellent hobby car.

Thanks

------------------
88KURT

88 GT 5 SPD SBC Beast
81 Diesel Airstream 280

vette7584

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2017 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vette7584Send a Private Message to vette7584Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what trans is in it? wheel and tire size? thanks!
88KURT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2017 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88KURTSend a Private Message to 88KURTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a "new to me" plastic radio/heater switch mount bracket from the forum here. The full plastic piece that runs through the shifter and back to under the glove box arm rest. Once that goes in( hopefully this weekend, heater switch will be straight and tightly mounted, and I plan to put one of those new 40W per channel sony radio's in. The next owner can add a power amp etc. speakers are newer already.

I will post new pic.

If someone doesn't buy it, I will just keep going on the project!

------------------
88KURT

88 GT 5 SPD SBC Beast
81 Diesel Airstream 280

88KURT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88KURTSend a Private Message to 88KURTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
and now with reinstalled heater switch and with brand new Sony stereo! Note heater switch is straight! Thanks Crashmydaytona for the plastic mount.

I bucked up the $218 for the Sony 100 watt stereo see below. ( The V8 Thunder still sounds better to me )

Still for sale - Hurry up before spring rush.

new sail panel windows- I will not put these on unitl I pain car, or someone buys it , and then they can put on if they want to leave survivor look in clearocoat.

------------------
88KURT

88 GT 5 SPD SBC Beast
81 Diesel Airstream 280

88KURT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2017 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88KURTSend a Private Message to 88KURTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sold!

to a fellow Fiero Enthusiast. Perfect home for it.

------------------
88KURT

88 GT 5 SPD SBC Beast
81 Diesel Airstream 280

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2017 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What plastic mount are you referring to?

Congrats on both the new owner and you btw! Keep it in the family.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock